N. Node 12th House

July 14, 2019 at 04:02 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
N. Node 12th House
I´m beginning to wonder if the North Node may be the most important aspect of astrology. I´ve heard that said once or twice in my reading. Anyway, from what I´ve read/heard about the 12th house N. Node, it rings very true in my own experience. It´s basically a struggle between form and formlessness. Doing and being. Body and spirit. I just watched a good YouTube video about it and was amazed at the accuracy in my personal experience. It basically says that in this life 12th house natives have to learn how to let go of structure, form, doing, etc. And seek out spirit, meditation, formlessness, and just being. That pretty much describes where I´m at. And I feel the struggle. I´m at a point where I just want to give up all the material bs and do some soul searching. Ive gotten into a pattern of working over 50 hours a week, but it brings me no satisfaction. In fact, i think it´s taking me away from my path. The N. Node placement is what we need to pursue to feel successful from what I understand. So I guess that´s why material and form doesnt fulfill me. I´ve always felt like theres more to life than just working, making money, newer car, nicer house, etc.

However, the video goes on to say that 12th house natives also dont find fulfillment in abandoning the material world to fully devote themselves to the spiritual realm either, and that it´s about balancing the two. So with that said, I´d like to hear any other 12th house N. Node experiences or anybody elses take on that placement. Kinda feeling lost

Edit: also wanted to add that I have Saturn conjunct my NN, which is supposed to intensify the placement or add to the importance of the placement or whatever it is that Saturn does ?

Posts in topic

Page: 3 2 1
Sort posts:
July 17, 2019 at 16:29
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » fishscales
Thanks, that makes alot of sense. I´ve only recently really started to analyze my chart. Like in the last couple of years. Alot of things I did prior lined up with what´s in my chart so it made alot of sense. Now, like you say, you can get bogged down in analysis paralysis. Probably need to just forget about it for awhile and just let things take their course. Funny thing about what you mentioned about states. I´ve already jumped the border from my home state, a whopping 35 miles away. But I think it´s kind of significant, I´ve already ventured away from home. But shortly after moving I already felt like theres alot more out there. I´ll just have to see what happens. Think I´ll go on a trip soon and see how I feel about it
July 17, 2019 at 13:08
(Pisces) fishscales » Sunnyshadow
"I just keep hearing that the 12th house relates to foreign lands."

Don´t quote me on this, but I *think* there may be an association between foreign lands and the 12th house in Vedic astrology. As for Western, I think the 12th house can sometimes represent exotic things, or things outside of our normal, every day comings and goings. So it´s possible that there could be a link between the 12th and foreign places.

"Side question, would moving to the other side of the country equate to foreign lands?"

I was thinking about this last night, and astrologically speaking, I´m not sure. I think that at least in terms of the 9th house, it traditionally represents foreign countries. But I like to play fast and loose with things, so I would probably give some leeway to that. Plus, the US is comprised of states, each with their own distinct identity, which to some extent may qualify them as being different "lands." I personally wouldn´t give too much weight to the linguistics though.

"I´ve always been fascinated with the western US, although only been a couple of times."

I know this is an astrology site but bottom line, I´m always gonna say screw the astrology with situations like this.

If you feel drawn to a place, it´s up to you whether you want to explore the possibilities of going there, perhaps permanently. Don´t be too hung up on what your chart or astrological interpretations say, or what "this" or "that" means or is supposed to mean.

You may well find that there were astrological indications for things you did after the fact, but you don´t need to understand them beforehand.

I´m always gonna go with following your gut, and at the sane time using your rational mind to formulate a good plan to execute what your gut wants to execute. :15:
July 17, 2019 at 11:58
That´s very accurate too. That does describe me very well. I just keep hearing that the 12th house relates to foreign lands. Side question, would moving to the other side of the country equate to foreign lands? I´ve always been fascinated with the western US, although only been a couple of times. It just sounds like "foreign lands" may mean a complete different country.
July 17, 2019 at 01:45
I´d consider the ruler of the 4th in the 9th as an indicator of someone moving away from their homeland.

I´d associate the ruler of the 4th in the 12th with someone who seeks solitude in their home life.

Not necessarily someone who wants to be a hermit, but someone to whom solitude at home is important in order to recharge their psychic/emotional batteries, etc.
July 17, 2019 at 00:10
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » goldenlion32
I think weve already confirmed that N. Node in 12th has a way of making these people want to move away from home, foreign travel. I also just stumbled across another article saying the lord of the 4th house, which in my case would be saturn, in the 12th house also creates an urge to move abroad. I can see how this makes sense. The 4th house represents home life. The lord of that house being in the 12th house would make a person desire to leave their homeland. Am I reading into this correctly?
July 16, 2019 at 23:25
Yes, the greatest moments of my life seem to happen when I throw caution to the wind and strike out on a new path. I seem to forget that. Gotta break the cycle sometimes
July 16, 2019 at 14:19
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » Sunnyshadow
You already know as Entrepreneur to plow right through the fears and be limitless. :61: So funny, you always think you´re over every fear and another one comes along and than there´s another giant to face. Goes back to what someone stated back in 2006 to me. "When you think you´ve arrived, you haven´t arrived." There´s always something new to learn, even if you´ve covered a lot. Which as a life long-learner and growth minded, I tend to find this out all the time.
July 16, 2019 at 13:05
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Sunnyshadow
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yep i was married too while living at no.2, it is a number of unity. Interestingly i had 2 rooms painted pink-ish color, did gardening a lot even thou i din`t have a garden but 2 very large balconies. I never paid attention to house numbers until you mentioned it. I only know a little numerology regarding life paths and yearly numbers. I`m gonna experiment more asking people i know about their experiences with the places they lived or live in.
July 16, 2019 at 12:46
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Olenna
Yeah, my life path number is 1 and the descriptions are very accurate for me. I never was much into the house numerology thing. But after alot of test and trials where I live now it finally dawned on me that it is in fact house #13. So I started reading about it. It also says alot of work involved. So I cant seem to get a break from work right now. I also used to live in house #2. Never even knew what house number it was until i moved to where i am now. But reading about it was pretty accurate too. Talks about attracting cancers. I had a cancer girlfriend while I was there. Talks about good for relationships, I was married while I was there. Says the color pink is good for those houses, the house was in fact pink. Spiritual, writing, gardening. All of that was true. This stuff is weird :61:
July 16, 2019 at 09:13
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I just realized that my house number adds to 13 and that becomes 4, oh crap lol, i really need to move because it is rather difficult for me here. Before i came here i was living at no. 4, more difficulties, before that was no.2 that was nice, i enjoyed it there. I got to invest some time to develop my numerology skill.
July 16, 2019 at 09:03
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
=====
Yep :4:
July 16, 2019 at 02:28
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
This video pretty much sums this placement up perfectly. It talks about the exact things I´ve been saying. Astrology, what an amazing science

https://youtu.be/l2x193cVYFk
YouTube
YouTube
July 16, 2019 at 00:28
Yeah sun square Uranus will definitely give that urge to break out, go against the grain, and do things your own way.

It´s a square, so it won´t always express in the smoothest way, but hey, can´t make an omelet unless you crack some eggs...
July 16, 2019 at 00:14
Haha, yep
July 16, 2019 at 00:11
I agree that I most likely will not end up broke and jobless, although theres probably a little fear in that department. Hell, I could end up better off than I ever imagined. I think saturn 12th also creates some irrational fears. I had almost talked myself out of a trip I went on one time, telling myself all the things that could go wrong. Glad I didnt cave into them, because it turned out to be the best damn trip I´ve ever went on. It was absolutely spectacular. Just cant get over how good it was. This fear I´m feeling now is probably the same irrational bs I was feeling then.

I´m not Greek, but my dad is the same way. He thinks a trip away from the house is a waste of time. I really dont understand that mindset. I think hes just got old and cranky. Probably mad he didnt travel more his self, I dont know. Probably doesnt want me to leave so i will be around to help him, which i kinda understand, but at the same time, this is my life. I dont have uranus conjunct asc. but do have it square my sun, ven. & jupiter, which I guess makes me a little off beat. Not a conformist, so I get it. Think that´s why I´m unconventional :61: I wouldn´t have it any other way though.
July 15, 2019 at 23:53
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Ok, now I´m about to make this really weird :61:

I built a house which is 4009 address. I later found out the house address reduces to the #13. :92: So I live in a cursed house. :61:

I´ve heard something about this being a karmic number, that it could possibly be bad luck or something and about lessons need to be learned. The lot is where a house burned down. :39: :92: I need a numerologist to come in here and give me the low down :61:

I did alot of laughing in that, but this place does feel kind of depressing. I know I went wayyy off topic with that, but just thought it was funny and somewhat relevant. I used to live in a house #2 and it supposedly promotes writing and spirituality. I did feel much better there.(maybe much is a stretch, I did write more and felt more spiritual) And it was far out in the country. Anyway, feel free to ignore this. Just thought it was interesting..I´m really rambling now
July 15, 2019 at 23:45
"There is definitely something in me that stays stuck in this situation because of a desire to please other people"

It´s our fucking Libra rising man...GHHHAAAA!! Fucking hate that placement sometimes!!!

:85: :85: :61:
July 15, 2019 at 23:42
"Every passing day I get more invested in my current situation. Like vines growing around me. Twisting their tendrils around me."

Yup I know exactly what you mean.

Didn´t move away from my family until 2011 because I thought it was the "right" thing to stay close to them.

It wasn´t the physical proximity that bothered me, it was them getting embroiled in all my business. I´m Greek, and Greek families are close...in my case, too close. My family is very ideologically rigid. It´s just assumed your going to subscribe to their "worldview", and if you don´t, your wrong. Well, my Uranus conjunct ascendant and moon in Aquarius can´t tolerate that shit. My family basically lives according to their ideology, but in my opinion they´re all miserable and crippled by stupid anxieties that stem from their rigidity and fear.

At any rate, it was almost unfathomable to them for me to move away to another state, away from "the family". The reason for my move was not to get away from them, but honestly, it was liberating to get away from the "tendrils" of their ideology and judgement.

You own your own business, so I´m assuming the "tendrils" you´re talking about are more tangible and practical in nature. It can be hard to extricate yourself from something like that.

Just keep in mind that the alternative to doing what you´re doing now is not neccesarily being "broke and jobless". :3:

Remember that Buddha story. I don´t know if you´re an either/or person like me, but it really helps you remember that a balance can be achieved between two seemingly opposite things, because they´re not opposites: just two sides of the whole.
July 15, 2019 at 23:17
Thank you GlodenLion, that makes alot of sense. I appreciate your advice and support. There is definitely something in me that stays stuck in this situation because of a desire to please other people. I think I´d let someone down by leaving or saying no. I guess that´s been my recipe for success in my business. Trying to make customers, employees, and everyone else happy. But I feel like I´ve come to the end of my rope in this particular chapter. And it is an internal struggle, I feel that too. It´s like I´m holding the keys to the cage I´ve locked myself in, afraid to open it up and let myself out. That 12th house is a real booger bear isnt it :61:. The part you said, "it´s probably a desire in your subconscious mind you cant let go of." That really clicked. It´s a recurring desire. It may go away for awhile, only to pop back up. Sometimes it comes on so intense I´m literally ready to pack my bags and just poof, disappear

I´d like to add that I wouldn´t be like a runaway teenager either, I have built enough financially I could probably move anywhere in the world and start over. What´s holding me back? That is the question.
July 15, 2019 at 22:59
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Olenna
Thank you Olenna, that sounds about right. It does feel like a loop. I´ll convince myself that it´s ok to be stuck in this situation, that it´s for the best. I have parents that try to convince me of the "rightness" of what I´m doing. Especially my dad who has no sense of adventure. So I´ll go on a little longer. But inside I just dont feel it...at all. And it is hard to let go
July 15, 2019 at 21:46
Thanks man, I guess the answer is clear to see. Its fear of the unknown that holds me back. The known vs the unknown. I dunno. I like the way you put it,

"it trumps the astrology, other people´s opinions, and maybe most importantly, what your intellectual, rational mind thinks that you "should" do."

Maybe my biggest problem is the feeling of being tied to a place. Every passing day I get more invested in my current situation. Like vines growing around me. Twisting their tendrils around me. Something in me doesn´t like that. Never has. Maybe it´s my uranus square sun. Maybe it´s the lack of earth in my chart. Maybe I´m like Mick Jagger and just cant get no satisfaction. Lifes just more fun being free to explore. Fuck, I´m just gonna shut up. I cant figure it out. It´s the ultimate catch 22. Being broke and jobless dont sound like much fun either. Some times I feel like I´m gonna fly off the handle, other days I feel pretty lucky to have what I have. Human condition probably. I´m glad you made a move that worked out in your favor. Maybe one day I can set sail and find what I´m looking for. There´s something to be said for a clean slate I still believe
July 15, 2019 at 21:16
(Libra) leorising » goldenlion32
interesting, in relation to observing things before, I have the same behavior ... if someone teaches me something, I first observe that situation all for a while, and then trust in the teachings... at the same time, I avoid closing my mind, I do what I see is correct, but I do not delude myself thinking that only that is the right way
July 15, 2019 at 21:08
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » Sunnyshadow
This is really not uncommon question. This really is something I hear on a regular basis from those pursuing Entrepreneurship. I believe all of us have this moment in our lives where we need something new to grow, evolve, and mature.

With Sagittarius Sun in the 5th house and North Node Aquarius, I love Cultural Diversity. I love to experience live which is my 11th house Gemini, i have to experience things before I talk about them to others and go through things first before I believe something.

Jeffrey Greene Wolfe also speaks about this in Evolutionary Astrology in a sense.

Fortunately, we´re not meant to stay in one place our entire life. We´re not meant to stay with the same friends, romantic partners, or strangers forever. Each of us have a different soul intention and it´s different for all of us. Sure, we all have something we Desire in the Kama Houses, and of course because your Rahu is in the 12th house it´s probably a desire in your subconscious mind you can´t let go of.

I think you have to give yourself permission to allow yourself to follow your dreams, I mean your old enough where you should be able to make wise and mature choices.

Forgive me for saying this as a Virgo Pluto on your North Node Virgo, but it needs to be said so you move on with your life and do what makes you happy.

Fortunately on the Virgo/Pisces axis, we love playing the victim, making up excuses, thinking something is limiting us from succeeding, that something is usually your self-undoing in the 12th house of Virgo.

We love playing the martyr, people please, and this is what I´ve had to master since Saturn in Cancer as the Virgo Pluto Feminine with the Polarity Point Pisces. It was harder breaking that thinking pattern, I had to live for other people, serve them, and my thoughts, emotions, feelings, desires, wants, and needs didn´t mater as long as I mad them happy.

It´s a miserable life, and I broke that habit. You just have to give your permission to thrive instead of survive in life and go through th motions for everyone else.

Sometimes you have to just focus on your goals and make your dreams happen. Sometimes Uranus might bring in the shifts, different people, obstacles, and life changes while your going towards your goals, but your life is about you, not everyone else.

It´s sad, but I´ve learned all the people who stated they were my "Friends" back then are no longer there today. Really, when life happens, you find out who really was on your side all along and who wasn´t. There are superficial relationships and there are those who are the true kindred spirits who understand you and your dreams. They come in many shapes and forms, but really life is about experiencing some happiness in life even if we have to sacrifice some things to get there.

Perhaps you´re the only one stopping you, and your asking us to give you permission to liberate yourself.

I give you permission than to make your dreams happen, but I can´t make them happen for you. Only you can.
July 15, 2019 at 20:42
(Pisces) fishscales » Olenna
"Honestly from what i observe most people are masochists, they like the idea of being in one place to suffer and tell others it`s the right way to live"

Right, sometimes it´s a case of them wanting others to be just as miserable as they are. So that would make them sadists too. :4:
July 15, 2019 at 20:24
=====
You`v got Saturn with North Node that is keeping you in this loop, it`s not easy for you to let go. You got some other beautiful things going on in your chart, i know it`s not all bad for you. Honestly from what i observe most people are masochists, they like the idea of being in one place to suffer and tell others it`s the right way to live. I have been told this just a few days ago. How about NO. If i can find a better way i will take it.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »