Just got a job... like 1 minute ago.

May 30, 2019 at 13:45 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Just got a job... like 1 minute ago.
Carpentry, not even skilled in it, but am great with my hands.
Start 7am tomorrow, the place is not even far from where i live, 10-15 minute walk.

I´m filled with excitement!

Must do a chart, hmm... transit & progression time.

Posts in topic

Page: 3 2 1
Sort posts:
June 1, 2019 at 07:17
(Aries) ram_goat » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
Our minds are wired strangely too.. height subconsciously confers authority..

as do uniforms, hats and tall boots...

it´s something primeval in our monkey brains. it is what it is.

Just don´t take it too seriously and know your talents and limitations.

appreciate each person for what they bring.. strength, intelligence, persistence, whatever talent.. learn to get good at spotting talent and what motivates each individual.. and feed both as you are able.
June 1, 2019 at 07:06
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ram_goat
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yes.
Tall people are actually in the worst category IMO, we look like we should be able to do things with ease, we tend to get the biggest pressure handed to us and if we speak about pain or.. speak about silly things like washing dishes and complaining about how much my back hurts because i have been bent at a sink for a prolonged length of time, we get taken as sissies.

There is also things like standing up too fast from laying down and just blacking out completely, done it 3 times...

My strength is what i can endure, not what i can dish out, i know my strength, and i know my body very well and will use skill or technical ways of doing things, it´s why i tend to do things my own way a lot too.
June 1, 2019 at 07:00
small compact people tend to be the strongest.
Being tall is all show & no go..
I´m 6´3"...
the truly strong people I have met are 5´10" and below...
June 1, 2019 at 06:55
=====
No doubt, i never underestimate people either, it´s the worst thing a non smart person could do.
I´m not smart, i´m wise. :1:
June 1, 2019 at 06:32
You´ll develop strength in some weird muscle groups after about 6 days.

Guys who pump iron at the gym look strong but really strong people don´t
really look it. Core stuff. You´ll be "ripped" in funny places. That kind
of work is like work & workout in one.. keeps you healthy. With electrical work it was legs & arms. Had Popeye biceps and hands from manipulating wire all day, and iron legs from standing on ladders & climbing them, and better balance & reflexes than a cat.. Carrying a tool belt is it´s own workout too.. walk around all day carrying 25 lbs of hand tools in pouches up and down a ladder..plus the ladder.. But with woodwork you don´t carry tools or things so much.. you move from place to place a lot more with electrical. Not so many hand tools in woodwork. More large stationary saws & things.

I´m surprised they manufacture any furniture in the UK anymore.. labor costs and all.. From a business end, you have to be picky what you make.. focus on products where the margins are fat, leave the thin margin stuff to the Chinese.. who subcontract it out to the Vietnamese.

Have an arm wrestling match or watch a bar fight with some guy who works in the trades. You´ll meet some strong people. Deceptively so. They don´t look like bodybuilders but it´s a different kind of strength the work builds in you.

Heaviest thing I ever lifted in my life was one of those steel masts that hold traffic lights.. about 30 feet tall, with 5 other guys. Had to move it 15 feet to the side, to get it out of the way of something else.. Second heaviest.. electrical transformers.. pure iron & copper cores.. MDE is pretty dense too..
June 1, 2019 at 05:47
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
=====
:4: :37:
June 1, 2019 at 05:19
=====
They make furniture.

I was sanding down finished work mostly for the first day, big set´s of draws, wardrobes, heavy stuff too, it´s MDF (cheaper stuff) or solid wood (expensive stuff)

My only issue is bending down, flipping being nearly 6 foot 1 is not good for the back, i´s ok though :1:

I have also slightly lost my voice, must be all the dust i breathed in. :61:
May 31, 2019 at 22:30
(Pisces) fishscales » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
Cool man. Hope it continues to go well for you.

And I don´t think "very nice" ala Borat ever gets old.

I manage a store that takes donations from the public, and whenever something really cool comes in, it is often christened either "nice" or "very nice"... With the Borat accent and everything.

Kind of became one of our many unofficial catchphrases. No one even thinks about it anynore, we just say it.

Always good to be able to laugh and be goofy with the people you work with.
May 31, 2019 at 19:04
and remember the old woodworking wisdom...

measure twice, cut once...

I come from 3 generations of carpenters myself. My dad´s got all his father´s old tools and his grandfather´s stuff, as well as his own woodshop
in the garage... it´s like a woodworking museum in there.

The pre-electric tool era must´ve been so labor intensive.. also the saw blades were all carbon steel not carbide so they needed sharpening daily, or sometimes several times a day to stay sharp. Carbide tipped blades are
such a luxury..

You can tell a good woodworker because he can still count to 10 using all his fingers without needing to take his shoes off..

So what exactly do they make there?
May 31, 2019 at 17:55
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ~Masha~
=====
Yes definitely it seems! :16: :37:
May 31, 2019 at 17:47
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
System message: Post has been written by user ~Masha~, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
so transiting uranus did good work in your 10th. :84::1: :83:

Gives hope to taurus-sun born or planets in taurus.
May 31, 2019 at 16:58
=====
Thank you dear. :83:
May 31, 2019 at 16:57
=====
Well i have to say this place surprised me, i went in full of gusto, hand shaking and greeting everyone, forgot to bring my phone to fill out some documentation i just said jokingly that i am switched on, so switched on i forgot my phone so i will have to get you the numbers another time, boss was happy with it, i respect the no phone rule, i respect it in reality too, i would rather have my bearings and access to self defense & awareness vs my head in my phone.

Guys were actually surprisingly chill, boss don´t breath down your neck and everyone works at their own pace (so long as you don´t take the pee with it)

I really like this method, this method is where i shine because i cannot stand being told what to do or constantly having someone nag. I do my best work when left to my own devices.

Picked up the basics really quickly, two Romanian guys were pointing behind my back about how i am ahead of another guy who has been there two weeks in my first day.

My problem though was overthinking everything and needing to perform, i have this built in thing in my brain that i must perform at my peak at work.

The younger guy next to me picked up on it and said just relax mate, and i voiced how my mind was working to him, he was reassuring and said yeah i had a similar outlook when i started.

Took it in my stride and i was doing things on autopilot whilst my actual mind was elsewhere.

Had a good laugh too, guy next to me mentioned the Romanian guy reminding him of Borat, and he went to him and had a laugh at him calling him Borat and doing it in Borat´s voice.

He then took the pee out of him calling him a smaller Michael Jackson, i joined in and did a goofy moonwalk and a hee hee and made them all laugh, nothing like some self deprecating humor, then after that every time i finished a piece i was working on i said it´s nice in Borat´s voice, got old a bit though.

This is Borat for those not initiated, and i recommend watching the movie, it´s a silly film but hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
May 31, 2019 at 16:49
System message: Post has been written by user ~Masha~, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Thx. And congrats from my side as well. :83:
May 31, 2019 at 16:47
=====
Going to work.
Back on track means, the train (me) is back on his rail road.
It´s a figure of speech or idiom.
May 31, 2019 at 16:32
=====
"Got another phone call, back on track"

what does "back on track" mean here ?
May 31, 2019 at 05:44
=====
Got another phone call, back on track, so less typing, i´m off.

Bye.
May 31, 2019 at 05:30
=====
Well got a phone call mentioning the guy who is training me is off sick today, i mentioned is there any chance of a Monday start, she said she will ring if he is back in work.

All that build up for nothing, looking forwards to Monday, my lucky day.
May 31, 2019 at 02:45
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » astro-flame
=====
I will look into this, thank you dear. :1: :83:
May 31, 2019 at 02:43
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ShriSaiganeshE-jyotish
=====
Thank you.

In regards to the word inimical, this is described as meaning hostile, violent & aggressive, i am only those things when pushed way beyond my boundaries.

Assertive (once i have thought it out) and filled with passionate will is perhaps more appropriate.

I am former military, i can cook rather well.
I love to fix, repair and build things, and working with something that is creative is even more my thing.
However i must pay attention and keep my head in the thick of what is being told to me over these next coming months, diligence and respect for others is a must, and i cannot allow my tendency to stand up to others to come out regardless.

I was never a person to care about first impressions, just get the job done and make sure the boss is doing their job right too.

That´s an issue when they are supposed to be my boss, it only happened once and for good reason; Health & Safety was being abused, however judging on what i am capable of, i must tone all of that down to move forwards. Discipline.
May 31, 2019 at 02:38
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Amartya
=====
I think i´m a bit over excited actually, slept and woke like it´s the last day on Earth, woke 6 hours before i start, at least it gives me plenty of time to prepare.

Thank you. :83:
May 31, 2019 at 02:25
(Capricorn) ShriSaiganeshE-jyotish
in case makes some sense to adapt as relevant,
could have repeated earlier post :

Congrats!

mars 10th inclined to police, military, operations management;
aries-mars inimical-malefic for leo asc, inimical mars over 10th,
stress-delays in career-recognition;
mars aspect own scorpio 4th protective of domestic comforts-property
and promoting research-occult aptitudes;

moon elevated fixed taurus 10th, govt roles, love of food-comforts, creative-stubborn;
moon-mars volatile emotions-finances;

jup now retro towards scorpio aspect moon-mars taurus 10th,
supportive of career;
retro sat sag elevated aspect libra 3rd for working with hands;

wonder whether would be inclined to work in military canteen!
aptitude for hotel management, dairy engineering, food technology, etc

separative ketu-SNode transit sat cap 6th,
accident prone, job separation,
pain-injury-surgery knees etc to care;

jup direct own sag 5th after 4-5m for advisory-teaching roles etc,
jup trine aries 9th for luck-education-travels;
jup aspect venus gemini 11th for gains through arts-electronics-women etc;

sat direct own cap 6th, good for event management, mining, mountaineering,
etc,
ambitious and hardworking;
sat return requiring long-term decisions of life;

jup-sat opp to care for misjudgments-missed opportunities,
sun-sat opp health issues, stress in health-employment;
rahu NNode transit sun-jup cancer 12th, foreign lands, toxic health issues;
sun asc lord as well as significator for health;
sun-jup cancer 12th, big dreams, advisory-managerial aspirations;

hope helps with astro perspectives;

wishing well, kshantaram
May 31, 2019 at 02:18
(Aries) astro-flame
Actually, to see how this job experience will be going, you could use the inception chart, which is the chart made for the moment you start work (7am, May 31st).

Look at it not as transits, but as the "birth chart" of the process of working at the place. Pay special attention to the Moon - the applying aspects will show the flow of events. See which houses are accented. There is an opposition Merc-Jupiter happening right now - see in which houses it falls and which houses they rule and this should give you an idea about the possible conflicts, which in turn helps to be ready and prepared and hopefully be able to avoid them, or at least not to be "in range of fire".

Merc-Jup opposition is about opposite views and opinions regarding actual practical application of some knowledge (Merc) and theory (Jupiter) or paying attention to details (Merc) and seeing the bigger picture (Jup). In any case, if you know it´s coming - it helps to deal with it :98:
May 31, 2019 at 00:10
(Sagittarius) Amartya
Congratulations. I am happy for you. :1: I´ve read your posts on here before about dealing with unemployment and issues relating to it so it really makes me happy to hear of a positive ending. :15:

Congrats once again. :37: :37: :37:
May 30, 2019 at 21:23
System message: Post has been written by user Vanille, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yes I think it´s the Gemini sun season ^^
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »