Casanova

April 18, 2019 at 21:51 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Casanova
Ok, so here´s what I have to say about Casanova. Now Casanova wrote his autobiography, "Historie de Ma Vie" in French. It wasn´t his first language (which would have been Venetian probably then Italian) but it was the lingua franca of the time. I have the abridged version (the unabridged spans several volumes) by Folio Classique.

On the first page, he notes that he was born on April 2nd, 1725. No mention of the time is made, nor even something that would help us pin down a time. However, the quote on the back cover of the book gives us a clue.
It´s so sumptuous that I want to leave it in French, but I will translate at least in part:

Cultiver les plaisirs de mes sens fut dans toute ma vie ma principale affaire; je n´en ai jamais eu de plus importante.
(Cultivating the pleasures of my senses has been the most important thing in my life. I´ve never had any more important.)

Me sentant né pour le sexe different du mien, je l´ai toujours aimé, et je me suis fait aimer tant que j´ai pu. J´ai aussi aimé la bonne table avec transport, et passionnément tous les objets faits pour exciter la la curiosité.

(Feeling myself born for the opposite sex, I have always loved them et have made sure to be loved by them. I have also alway like with great delight good food, and been passionate all things that excite the curiosity.)

Pour ce qui regarde les femme, j´ai toujours trouvé que celles que j´aimais sentait bon, et plus sa transpiration etait forte plus elle me semblait suave.

(As for women, I´ve always found that those who I loved always smelled good, and the stronger their scent, perspiration, the more exquisite they seemed to me.

Now, this is a man who loves pleasure...not just sex. Here is how I have rendered his chart. Agree or disagree.

He goes on at length about his love of all sensual pleasures
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 24, 2019 at 22:07
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » krushi
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Scorpio for sure.
April 24, 2019 at 22:05
(Pisces) fishscales » krushi
Hmmm...well the picture you posted, and especially the personal characteristics given, seem a bit more like Scorpio rising... :122:

Hope you´re feeling better krushi!
April 24, 2019 at 21:27
(Aquarius) krushi » ancient_astrology
I found the following description made by his friend, Prince De Ligne, a couple of years before Casanova´s death:

"He would be a good-looking man if he were not ugly; he is tall and built like Hercules, but of an African tint; eyes full of life and fire, but touchy, wary, rancorous — and this gives him a ferocious air. It is easier to put him in a rage than to make him gay. He laughs little, but makes others laugh. ... He has a manner of saying things which reminds me of Harlequin or Figaro, and which makes them sound witty."
Login
(Log in)
April 24, 2019 at 20:12
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user Snm Str, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I looked at the picture and I think it looks like a scorpion or virgo sign! ??
April 24, 2019 at 20:08
(Pisces) fishscales » ancient_astrology
Uranus in the first can give height.. It´s obviously hard to tell from a portrait, but his facial features don´t look particularly Scorpionic...I usually expect more square, slightly "harder" features.. His facial features look more Libran to me, if I had to pick...
April 24, 2019 at 19:13
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
Just remember that I am speculating about the house system since I don´t have his time of birth.
April 24, 2019 at 18:58
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ancient_astrology
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
That is fair enough, just thinking was all if history is accurate, if he has that then well like the other fellow above mentioned.. 5th house is loaded.
April 24, 2019 at 17:45
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
In his autobiography, he states that date as his birthdate. The place and date don´t seem to be in question...only the time of birth.
April 24, 2019 at 16:41
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
A jam packed Pices 5th house with Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Mercury. Oh he definitely the embodiment of the 5th house.
April 24, 2019 at 16:17
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ancient_astrology
=====
What makes anyone think his DOB is even correct? :83:
April 24, 2019 at 16:06
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Here´s an image of him. What do you make of his features in relation to astrology. There is something Taurean to it, don´t you think? I would imagine him a Taurus rising. I cast that chart as I did, based upon the confluence of 5th house stuff. He was 6´2. This is fairly tall even today and must have been extremely tall at the time he lived. He no doubt had a commanding appearance.
Login
(Log in)
April 24, 2019 at 10:45
(Aquarius) krushi
Dear friends, I´m sorry for my late comment, got a flu :(

What I like in this chart is the rising Scorpio. Casanova was known as manly, brave, strong, magnetic person. His Sun is in Aries, but not everybody born in April is capable to break out from inquisitors´ prison.

In view of his obsession with pleasure and gambling, 5th house must be definitely accented. But instead of the stellium, I would place the Sun there, as significator of life goals, personal philosophy, all that makes us to feel ourselves. At the same time, Jupiter with Mars would be quite at home in the 4th house, for Casanova had both protectors and enemies in his native city. Also, he started his carrier in Venice at first as a church lawyer, later — as a military man.

Unfortunately, the Whole-sign house system doesn´t allow us to move Mars with Jupiter to the 4th house, and the Sun — to the 5th, without loosing Ascendant in Scorpio.

IMHO, the 6th house doesn´t seem to be a correct place for Sun of a gentleman of fortune. Also, as our hero was a public person, I would expect most of his planets to be above the horizon.

I´m asking myself, how close is the real person to the literary character that is familiar to us? His escape from prison could be the result of a bribery, rather than bravery. His art of seduction (which I would attribute to strong Venus, by the way) might be imaginary. What we know for sure: Casanova did have literary talent. We would probably never know of him without his famous autobiography. His literary heritage consists of more than 20 works including theatrical pieces and essays. So, I would look at the first place for a prominent Venus, Mercury and 3d house.
April 19, 2019 at 19:14
(Pisces) TimeSciences » ancient_astrology
And nothing in Cancer (a love for fine food) but, with planets in Pisces maybe the trine between the signs confers the pleasure of good food too. Thanks for sharing!
April 19, 2019 at 01:41
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » fishscales
I expected him to have stuff in Taurus, also. He doesn´t!
April 18, 2019 at 22:28
(Pisces) fishscales
This has nothing to do with how you rendered the chart, but I´d expect him to have more Taurus planets.

He does have NN in Taurus though, so if experiencing sensual pleasure was his life´s purpose, I´d say "mission accomplished."

In the chart you rendered, the stellium in the 5th house certainly makes a compelling case for one who enjoys the pleasures of sex.

For good measure, I looked up the placement of the asteroid Casanova on his birthdate (obviously it was not called Casanova while he was alive), and it falls within his 5th house as well, conjoining Mars.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »