God
Whats the best way to get closer to god/godly

What is god/godly < why is god god

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
January 22, 2023 at 07:02
(Pisces) 1janos » srgeorgio
Having lived in Hungary till 1980, I grew up in a society steeped in secular humanism. I was not exposed to any religious dogma and the concept of god and associated beliefs were quite foreign to me. I stopped believing in Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy, fairly early. The fairy tale of god appeared just that.

Much later on I learnt, that due to tradition, parental and societal orthodoxy, a vast number of children were brought up and indoctrinated to believe in what they do all over the world. At school, we were taught the approach of rationalism and critical thinking based on the Socratic method.

You may know about Jean Piaget, who was a Developmental Psychologist. He observed and studied early childhood development among other things, and identified stages of the process. According to him, children between the ages of four and seven, tend to become very curious and ask many questions, beginning the use of primitive reasoning. There is an emergence in the interest of reasoning and wanting to know why things are the way they are. Piaget called it the "intuitive substage" because children realize they have a vast amount of knowledge, but they are unaware of how they acquired it.

If their questions are answered by Magical Thinking based dogma, they tend to believe it and avoid using logic, rationality, and critical thinking. Simply put, they are indoctrinated not to question the above-mentioned faith-based beliefs.

Clearly, that means they remain childish in their approach regarding those matters. This is a fact, not a derogatory judgment. Lamentable it may be.

I can think for myself. Don´t need to be told by Richard Dawkins or Sam Harris. I never claimed to be the arbiter of knowledge of the ultimate nature of reality.

However, throughout my in-depth experiential and academic education in psychotherapy and consciousness research, I have learnt some things that checked out in clinical practice throughout my over four decades of experience in treating people in all kinds of pain.
January 20, 2023 at 10:07
(Scorpio) srgeorgio » 1janos
I like discussing ideas and am willing to contemplate anything interesting. I´m not sure the best way to engage people in such things is to call them childish. Not everyone is persuaded by the ridiculing tactic that you are employing. Unfortunately it makes you come across as a teenager who´s watched too many Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris videos. But of course it must be the wisest course if you are the arbiter of knowledge of the ultimate nature of reality :61:
January 18, 2023 at 07:25
Mysterium Tremendum is indeed quite amazing and is ultimately ineffable.

Just because you are as yet unaware of Ultimate Reality, being so is no sin.

The problem remains though; just because you haven´t had experiential insight into the Nature of Reality, you believe, that no one else can have a deeper understanding than you.

Another common manifestation of vanity.

You can label me using derogatory terms if you like. Many have, and no doubt will continue to do so. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

The fact remains, you are not willing to even contemplate what I am attempting to communicate. That of course is your choice.

I don´t equate scientism with the scientific method. That would be a major mistake.

Simply put; if I come in from the rain, and tell you it is wet outside, you don´t need to believe me. Just need to go outside and see for yourself.

Not many people can and dare to peer beyond the obvious and discover and relate to the ultimate nature of reality.

Even on this website, the vast majority of people are ultra-conservative when they are invited to explore beyond pop astrology, pop philosophy, pop psychology, and pop spirituality.

It is not my problem. I don´t have to win.
January 17, 2023 at 14:38
Suggesting that another adult´s perception of the world is "childish" is clearly contemptuous and it is indeed arrogant to assume you know everything about the great mystery. But I understand that it is comforting to believe that you do. Ironically, having certainty about the world is one of the useful aspects of religion and you are displaying yours while denying that you have one - your worldview structure (religion) is just different.

By "testable facts" I assume you mean the scientific method. People that actually understand science (rather than just follow it) know the limits of what can be claimed by the scientific method. There is an awful lot that it can´t comment on with any authority.

In general response to what you say one obvious point is that people who believe in an all-seeing guiding intelligence are not necessarily limited to the structures that have developed to control mass populations. You can´t put everyone who believes a certain thing in the same box. To do so is just a technique used to dismiss things you can´t deal with or don´t understand.
January 17, 2023 at 13:24
(Aries) Xyro » 1janos
Yeah the management talk turned me off too. I´ve no interest in controlling people yet I do love knowing how others control me and those around me. Within the book, I would describe myself as the Interstitialist, #27 in the Power Posture chapter. I feel no urges to gain power over others yet I do want all the power I need to maintain my small circle of influence to lead my minimal and comfortable life.
"[Their] freedom is preserved through the facade of uselessness during ordinary times and ineffable disengagement during the occasional defense of [their] minimal interests."

I haven´t read the popular or bestseller books like "How to Win Friends..." or even that other one "The 42 Laws of Power." All seem too narrow in scope, leading my thoughts astray from the grander picture; makes sense, cuz popular books are published by big names, and who owns those big name companies? Those in power :) I wouldn´t give out all my secrets if I were in power, either hahaha. That´s why they burned The Craft of Power a few years after it was published.

I read Siddhartha in my 11th grade Humanities (my schools equivalent to English) class :) Like much of my reading then I totally ignored any significance of it and I´ve come back to reading a lot of books from that time to find valuable lessons within, like Taoisms "Tao Te Ching" and the stoic "Meditations".

I´ll read Siddhartha, I´m sure there´s much I can get from it. Thanks for the rec :15:
January 17, 2023 at 03:29
(Pisces) 1janos » Xyro
Thank you for the recommendation. I read twenty-odd pages, but must admit I have major difficulty relating to and comprehending it.

The language of the book uses ´management talk´ that I don´t speak and have always abhorred. It reminds me a little of Dale Carnegie´s ´How to Win Friends and Influence People´. I put that down too after reading a few pages, because both go against my guiding principles of being authentic and genuine.

I have worked for more than 37 years as a psychotherapist in public and private settings. Never had aspirations of gaining power over people.

I´d like to recommend a book to you too, that depicts the Psycho-Spiritual path of a fascinating individual. I resonate a great deal with that work, and perhaps you will find it meaningful too. It is Hermann Hesse´s ´Siddhartha´. To get what this is about, it would be worthwhile to read it from beginning to end, starting at the first page.
January 17, 2023 at 00:24
(Pisces) fishscales
God is like water.

Reading about it´s chemical structure, listening to other people´s descriptions of it, "believing" in it, or worshipping it is not going to help you
understand it.

You have to get wet.
January 16, 2023 at 22:44
(Aries) Xyro » 1janos
https://www.pdfdrive.com/the-craft-…

Above I´ve pasted the link to the PDF download for a book no longer printed and I believe was burned in the 80s.
"The Craft of Power" by RGH Siu is basically the playbook of the elites of old and even today. All you explain in your responses on the reasoning of the absurdity of the many believing in an omnibenevolent God (in whatever capacity they are told their tales) can be explained from this book; it tells one how to gain power, and people are one of the three main vehicles of power (money and symbols being the others). So honestly, using people and symbols fall under religion as a whole.

I leave the book there not as a "must read," nor as an end-all-be-all to this topic of God.
**Nor do I believe that the people in power that use the tactics in this book are "right" or "validated" for their practices**
I´m just saying we all get upset and fight amongst each other over what´s right and wrong when they´re using information (open and free to the public if we know where to look) that we can also use to fight back against them, or otherwise do/be/get what we want in life.
The first chapter is a summary of the entire book. Check it out if you please.

Also just citing my sources and giving direct access to any who wish to peruse at their leisure (or gain power for themselves). I have only seen the book sold on Amazon for over $400 and that´s absurd lol. It´s an amazing book and I feel it should be accessible to all.
January 16, 2023 at 20:46
Provocative response? Yes.

Contemptuous? Not really. I am just fed up with widespread utter ignorance, based on the deliberate ignoring of ideas and testable facts, that are being presented.

Arrogant? Not at all. I just present my opinions in an assertive manner.

Regrettably, most people won´t even contemplate any of it.

Clearly, all organised religions are a form of mass manipulation, based on silly stories, that no self-respecting grown-up would believe, if they were just to examine the actual facts.

Fearing a vengeful and separate deity; feeling fear, shame, and guilt leads to an endless process of tormenting of Self and others.

Sunday school teachings, indoctrination, and planting of hate. Hatred of others and Self.

Religion is a word etymologically originating from ´re´ the prefix depicting something being done over and over again. And the word ligare - Latin -, to tie down or ligate.

It is necessary to view these thought trends from a historical and a larger sociological perspective. However judgemental it sounds - and I certainly wish to avoid that -, it needs to be admitted, that most people are content to be told what to think and do. Grown-ups used to be children, and this generation upon generations of children were taught certain things, values, and norms, that they have introjected without examining them. All of this mentally, emotionally, and spiritually ´undigested´ material is still present in their consciousness.
And this forms the orthodox foundation their life is based upon, perpetually.

Notions like, there is a "Big Invisible Papa in the Sky", who is in control of everything and it´s all OK, because ´He´ works in mysterious ways etc. All Judeo-Christian-Muslim religions are based on rather similar childish principles. I won´t go into all forms of belief systems, as I imagine you get my point.

Due to The Donald´s presence on the world stage, the concept of Narcissism entered the common discourse. It is somewhat surprising, that the most common form of Narcissism is not mentioned by anyone at all. Namely, the above-mentioned God has created this entire infinite universe for us, humans, because we are so extra special. What´s more, he cares about what each individual has for breakfast. Must not have bacon or ham with your eggs, if you happen to be Jewish or Muslim. The arrogance of it all. Staggering!
January 16, 2023 at 07:57
That is rather provocative and contemptuous of you, with a heavy dose of arrogance. Have you had a bad experience of a certain group which causes you to define their beliefs in such a narrow way?
January 16, 2023 at 02:28
(Aries) Xyro » Mädi
lmao aye bruh you gettin that heated you got it :75:

Clearly you started this post to rag on ppl and not for insight/diff perspectives. That´s cool, be you.

You are God after all ;)
January 16, 2023 at 01:30
(Aries) Mädi » Xyro
"Why must we only think bigger? Why not get smaller as well as expand/get bigger?"

Just sound like a kid in the kindergaden who wants to stay to know everyything about all the toys and the sand and shit like that but never wanting to get out and perciving the world like a adult.

When you are separating from everything you are clinging on to you own everything which is made up from everything you think everything isnt.
Thats fucktup ma boi.
I wish you the best stil go get some money or something man stop getting lost in language.
Bye
January 16, 2023 at 01:15
(Aries) Mädi » Xyro
listen lil bro i dont got time for this. im not "everybody keep saying".
Im telling you the last time the spirit is no thing no shape no form that needs to mimmic and take forms and create circumstances to be able to experience itself and learn, but it also likes to get lost in this shapes and forms and think that that is what it actually is but no.
Dont talk about the definition of god/godly that you know about like its a man just so everbody understands you.
Remember that your definition of the words true, exist, knowledge, define, impact, measure and all this beautiful words came to you of the government and was created by human and for HUMAN interaction in the physical real world to communicate about whats seen in front of you little human eyes to other humans 99999% precent of which is ethier with sheep minds or within their own little rebellion llusion of the world which is really the same shits.

you sit here and search for peace in all this "smart" words and expressions, making your spirit float within that perceptions in your brain and feel good cuz you feel the balanced when you can identify you being something by expressing and communicate but that good not gonna last long.
For you as a man to sit here like a bitch and tell everbody you aint man means only that you got lost in and wanna rebell against the language and definition of man which is really not anything but wanting to be different.

Your spirit have its bodies "your planets" to use for its own experience growth and not to get lost in them bodies.
You should have steady masculine power thats supported and motivated by your emotions not the other way around.
You are here to impact and create and not getting impacted and thinking you was created like that.
You created youself and continue to thats it, so stop putting time and effort to exist in your concepts.
You have a potential to be aware for real and use the energies and play with them like a bitch to get what you want in life.
So nstead of sitting here and spending all this time on commenting like a bitch go do something real in life and dont be scared of nothing go out of you comfortzone.
Wanting to not decide or create is deciding and creating
January 15, 2023 at 21:26
(Aries) Xyro » Mädi
Why must we only think bigger? Why not get smaller as well as expand/get bigger?

We keep saying God is the overall/grand being yet if God were truly God (all powerful) then God knows of a reality/an existence where God is nothing but a tiny spec in the grander picture of Itself.

"Can God create a mountain so large even It cannot lift it?"
"Can God heat a burrito so hot even It cannot eat it?"
Yes, to both. Paradox is God, cuz paradox fits within the scope of everything, and God is everything.

If we wanna give shape/form/definition to that which we cannot measure (God) then all we can know is that we hold only part of the solution in our hand. The other part is the unknown(s) that we cannot measure.

When I call myself (and others) God I´m giving shape and definition to what I know and leaving the rest (all the unknown) to be as it is, knowing that all of it constitutes God and therefore me as well.
What do I mean by this?

Everything has impact on me whether I acknowledge/know it or not, so everything affects my experience regardless of how I feel about it. Therefore I am everything, both my knowns and all the unknowns: together, it all summates to my lived experienced--> God.
January 15, 2023 at 21:13
(Aries) Mädi » Xyro
God is the overall being and spirit consciousness,
You have and you are a spirit (no thing shape and form )
That transforms into bigger bodies with expansion in conscious from live experience
From cells and organs in your human body to bigger bodies in the world its all individual spirits with individual awareness.
You with your awareness is far away from god believe me
January 15, 2023 at 13:10
Prayer is a form of self-soothing.

In case of the desired outcome, we can thank the (Non-existent) Big Papa In the Sky.

When the prayer is not answered to our satisfaction, we conclude, that S/He/It works in mysterious ways.

God is an all-powerful, all-knowing imaginary friend for grown-ups.

"Perhaps there are some things that we don´t understand because we never experience them but this doesn´t mean that it is "non-existent"."

Exactly! Just because most have no experience of ultimate reality, it doesn´t mean it doesn´t exist.
January 15, 2023 at 12:57
(Pisces) 1janos » Steve Guesshow
Sadly the concept of the "Ego" is completely misunderstood. Please let me know if you are interested in clarification.

A drop of water can not claim to be separate from the ocean for long.
Believing that, is a persuasive form of illusion. A form of mass delusion really.

The ultimate oneness of all of reality can be discovered by previously mentioned experiential means.

However, to function in the world the vehicle of the quasi-separate "individual" is essential. The activities of daily living require, even demand the utilization of the existence of the local (separate) entity, meaning I.

It would be hard for most, to go shopping in a supermarket and perceive the ultimate oneness of all at the same time. How would you buy some ham at the Deli counter? Explaining to the shop assistant, that you feel completely one with her, and the display cabinet. Though ultimately true, the shop´s management would have you taken away, to be compulsorily examined by the authorities, who would suspect you of mental illness or substance use.

That kind of experience of oneness, however true, is simply not part of most people´s consensus reality. And this presumed separateness is simply never questioned by most.
January 15, 2023 at 09:21
"Petitionary prayer seems anachronistic and confusing to me, because it is based on a belief and misunderstanding of separateness, that is ultimately non-existent and is meant to be ascended beyond"

Prayer clearly works for a lot of people and I don´t think believing in "separateness" is part of it. Perhaps there are some things that we don´t understand because we never experience them but this doesn´t mean that it is "non-existent".
January 14, 2023 at 14:56
(Aries) Xyro » Steve Guesshow
I´m not saying you can tell what one piece tells of the whole mosaic, I´m saying in the same way a mosaic is a collection of pieces that create a whole, so is a singular piece a collection of pieces (molecules) that make a whole.

I´m not saying by knowing just ourselves we can know the entirety of God, I´m saying in the same way God is an unknowable everything is the same way in which our own selves/bodies are a collection of unknowable things.

A microcosm to the macrocosm. Correspondences, NOT exact replicas. God iterates Itself in infinite ways.
We are a microcosm of the universe´s macrocosm. Am I saying we have fiery hot suns/stars in our bodies? Not literally. I´m saying we have a correspondence to those bodies of matter: call them cells.

God is the unknown and the known. God *is* perspective.
I´m just saying take the one central (zeroth) perspective that is always true for any being and know that God is that perspective *plus* every other perspective as well, both known and unknown. (The one truth everyone shares is we are our own entities and live our own experiences/perspectives).

Yes, we cannot know the entire mosaic just from a single piece. Yes, I do not know the entire universe (the entire mosaic) just from my own perspective (a single piece). I can however just focus on my own self/body and know that all that makes up my composition is a *correspondent* to all that makes up the entire universe. For all that is unknown to me from my perspective I know that it is also God as much as all that I know is God.

Also, those "popular topics of conversation" are models created to better understand what goes on around us.
Yes, a fractal gives us exact replicas of the original form cuz it´s based on theory. Just as in theory we are an exact replica of God.
But just as theory does not account for the rough edges, so to speak, me saying I am God does not account for the unknowns I am un/able to perceive, just as God is partially imperceptible (even to Itself).
Correspondences (for the sake of easy communication), not exact replicas.
January 14, 2023 at 14:40
(Sagittarius) Steve Guesshow » Xyro
No, you can´t really tell from one piece of the mosaic what makes up the whole mosaic.
And fractals (and quantum physics) are popular topics of conversation, even though no one really understands them. But it doesn´t matter, it sounds noble and clever.
January 14, 2023 at 13:51
Also, in fractal geometry, the part is exactly the same as the whole :15:

One piece is a microcosm of the full piece/macrocosm.

The human body a microcosm of the universe´s macrocosm.

Us, a microcosm of God/the macrocosm.

A piece of a mosaic is a whole in an of itself; just cuz we cannot/choose not to see it as smaller pieces doesn´t mean it´s not.

God alone is a piece of a whole in and of Itself. Just cuz we cannot/choose not to fathom God as part of a greater piece doesn´t mean It is not.

This can be explained infinite ways, and that´s why I come back to the zeroth (my name is Xyro, my own spelling of zero) way to explain it:
God is 0/0. Undefined. Indeterminate. Paradox. Infinity, anything, and potentially even nothing.
And so I settle with God is anything we want It to be.

Flex your mind and your powers, we can shape God to be whatever we want. IF you choose to keep God in a neat, clean cut box then such is your choice. Doesn´t mean everyone else has to cram themselves in that box, too.
January 14, 2023 at 13:41
If God is everything, then God is the pieces to the mosaic as much as God is the mosaic.

If God is everything, then God is the impossible as much as It is the possible.

I feel we cannot perceive God because God is imperceptible. I feel we say we cannot be God because we cannot perceive how we are God when we have so much ignorance/unknowing within us.
And so I asked myself, if God is everything, can God also be ignorance?
Yep, cuz if God cannot be ignorance then God is not everything. If God is not everything then God is not God.

God is a paradox. God is not a clean cut answer. God is the known and familiar as much as It is the unknown and unfamiliar.

Plus, how is God a he? Giving It one side of the coin then It´s the whole coin is a disservice. It´s half the story. It´s weak.

Check out that paper written by the C1A. Even the US gov, that preaches and promotes "One Nation under God" doesn´t believe the clean answer of "we are the pieces to the whole" lolol.
January 14, 2023 at 13:12
(Leo) Spung
I do agree with Steve.
I had that kind of experience once, of dissolvement of the ego, when I was just the Light, connected to everything. Very empowering. But our bodies are only vessels for the Light, Life, God, Consciousness etc and we are It´s guardians. We need ego for the body to survive, but over identifying with it brings us away from the Light. I think.
January 14, 2023 at 09:16
(Sagittarius) Steve Guesshow » Xyro
Nope. The part is not the same as the whole.
We are individual pieces on mosaic. God is mosaic. We are not god. We are his small parts.
I personally like Osho´s point of view: God is where you are not. As long as there is ego, then there can´t be God. You disappear...and suddenly God can come.
January 14, 2023 at 01:47
(Aries) Xyro
God is you.
Make of It what you will.

I perceive myself as God and I know all are *able* to be God themselves, whether they choose to or not is up to them, ya know?
Doesn´t help much that the social order impresses on us that we are to give our own personal power/love/energy of God into something external to our own selves.
Be you, Aries blood.

If you want some way to interpret that in precise, measured, scientific wording you can check out the USAs C3ntr4l 1nt3ll1g3nc3 4g3ncy´s paper from 1983 (released to the public in 2003) on "The Gateway Technique." They withheld the 25th page of that article and on that page they tied all their research together into what God is/means. Vice News got that 25th page; you can get the full document from an article they did on that paper; just type in the title and I´m sure you´ll find it easily.

Easiest way I look at "God"... the mathematical equation 0/0. No defined answer, yeah?
Well let´s rewrite it by saying 0/0=x, and x is God. Now let´s multiply both sides by 0, where the zero in the denominator cancels out and now we have... 0=0x
So we ask ourselves, what times zero equals zero? Well... nothing, anything, and/or everything. Basically, God.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2023
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »