Astrological Art

July 30, 2022 at 00:39 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) FOWL
Astrological Art
So... one day I was painting an abstract piece... and realized that what I was actually painting was my Neptune in Sagittarius. Which was the furthest planet out from the Sun when I was born (due to Pluto´s highly eliptical orbit) but also the furthest planet around the Zodiac if one takes Aries as the start. It occurred to me, (as is the case with Neptunian inspiration... what a great starting point!) that I should paint ever planet in my chart in reverse order, working clockwise back around the Zodiac. I tried to pick auspicious days for each planet, (solar return for the Sun... Mars return for Mars...etc..) which was difficult to do with the outer planets, but I tried to find aspects from the Sun to highlight the days I painted each one. Wish I´d dated them as I can´t remember what I electional astrology I chose for each painting. At any rate, it became a deep mystical ritual for myself, which wound up culminating in recording some music to animate the paintings to via AI art generation.
I utilized my teachers colour schema to paint with... basically everyone agrees that Aries is Red, and Leo is Yellow, from there it becomes obvious that Sagittarius is Blue... so the primary colours are all Fire Signs, the Air signs then become the Secondary colours, (Gemini is Orange, Libra is Green, and Aquarius is Purple) while the feminine signs all become the Tertiary colours in between. At any rate, I hope some people enjoy this. I don´t claim to be a good painter, I just find it fun to let my mind go on the canvas.
These paintings do, in a stream of consciousness way, represent how these planets as layers of consciousness affect me.

Posts in topic

Page: 3 2 1
Sort posts:
August 1, 2022 at 16:59
(Gemini) FOWL » OS*
Aw shucks, now I´m redder than the fires of Neptune!
August 1, 2022 at 13:05
(Scorpio) OS*
I love this tread. Wow FOWL these art paintings are really cool! you might not claim to be but you are a good painter :1: Very awesome of you for sharing with us :15:
July 31, 2022 at 18:12
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » pluto°rising
Thanks! :12: :79:
July 31, 2022 at 17:22
(Capricorn) pluto°rising » Morena_Lu
love this :12: (Venus in Pisces)
July 31, 2022 at 17:00
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » FOWL
Yes, he is very talented! I really like your work, colours you use..you should create more art! :15:
July 31, 2022 at 16:47
(Gemini) FOWL » Morena_Lu
Wow! that´s awesome! A butterfly on the throat... and evolution of speaking your truth!

I also have Venus Trine Pluto.
July 31, 2022 at 16:46
(Gemini) FOWL » Morena_Lu
Wow! This is remarkable work! Thank you so much for sharing! Incredible!
July 31, 2022 at 08:36
(Taurus) Morena_Lu
I am more black and white..maybe because of Venus trine pluto in my chart. My last drawing.

Venus in Taurus
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
July 31, 2022 at 08:33
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » Morena_Lu
Venus in Pisces
Login
(Log in)
July 31, 2022 at 08:32
(Taurus) Morena_Lu
I want to show art of my friend, he is very talented, you can check his work

Instagram: _donidarko

Solar eclipse, Moon in Taurus
Login
(Log in)
July 31, 2022 at 03:33
(Gemini) FOWL » ram_goat
Thank you goat.
July 31, 2022 at 03:33
(Gemini) FOWL » sadiemae100
Thanks! All acrylic. Oil looks fun though... I should give it a shot sometime.
July 31, 2022 at 03:19
(Aries) ram_goat » FOWL
correct.
July 31, 2022 at 03:16
(Aries) ram_goat » FOWL
wow. seeing them together provides some great context.
July 31, 2022 at 03:11
(Cancer) sadiemae100
Care to share what type of paint is this? 🎨🙂 I have been learning how to paint with acrylic, but curious about oil..
July 31, 2022 at 03:08
(Cancer) sadiemae100 » FOWL
Wooow! Amazing :29: :79: :80:
July 31, 2022 at 03:02
(Taurus) Rosincvist » bohemiaorgana
:1: the planet Io
:24: The planet Merp
:11: Planet with electrical storm
:64: 1950´s photo of a planet
:133: Planet Tao
July 31, 2022 at 01:26
(Gemini) FOWL » bohemiaorgana
Thanks! Those Blue Sag stripes at the bottom from the opposition to Neptune in Sag are pop right off the painting in real life!
July 31, 2022 at 01:22
(Aries) bohemiaorgana
these are super awesome. Mercury in Cancer in the 11h is so vibrant & bold :75:
July 30, 2022 at 18:36
(Gemini) FOWL » Silvi
Cool! Thank you Silvi!
July 30, 2022 at 18:34
(Taurus) Silvi
uhhh loving this post. awesome paints. :78:
July 30, 2022 at 18:29
(Gemini) FOWL » LotusStar
For this series I did because they were very specific to the planets in my natal chart.
July 30, 2022 at 18:27
(Virgo) LotusStar » FOWL
Wow that is awesome. Do you tend to time the paintings to the transits or was it just a coincidence?
July 30, 2022 at 18:21
(Gemini) FOWL » LotusStar
Ya, that one took the longest. That was about 7 hours of continuous obsessive work overnight as my Solar Conjunction went exact at about 5 am in 2021. I kept painting until the Sun moved a few minutes away from my Natal Sun position! Iguess I could have gone longer.
July 30, 2022 at 18:16
(Virgo) LotusStar » FOWL
Yes the Gemini Sun one, I dont know maybe it resonated with my Gemini Moon. The colors are so vibrant and the spiral shape, it´s very Gemini in a way, but also solar. Captures the vibe well.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Scorpio Scorpio
Show calendar »