Tropical astrology using Sidereal Nakshatras

February 14, 2022 at 17:43 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) OS*
Tropical astrology using Sidereal Nakshatras
Lately seen a few using Vedic concepts and Nakshatras to the tropical zodiacs,

Im genuinely curious how does this work out for you ?

it’s almost like seeing someone eat their fruitloops cereal with a fork. I mean, I suppose it works but is it really functional. . .

Please share your thoughts :84:

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
February 20, 2022 at 16:39
(Capricorn) Datta108 » OS*
Absolutely worst period of my life!! Between Rahu/Venus running and Ashtama Sani AND Ashtama Guru going on at the same time my teacher later said it was almost a miracle I wasn´t hospitalized or incarcerated during it(I did have a few very close calls and I actually was arrested for a couple of hours on a minor infraction),Dark days indeed....

Actually having a living teacher was THE ONLY way of learning about astrology centuries ago before the printing press. That´s how my mentor learned, from his teacher who learned from his teacher who learned from his teacher going back centuries in disciplic succession(also my teachers grandfather was the village astrologer around the turn of the century btw)

Yes I agree, in almost 40 years of studying astrological knowledge and different systems of divination, Jyotish is second to none when it comes to ascertaining and predicting actual future events and trends, generally speaking...
February 20, 2022 at 14:34
(Scorpio) OS* » Datta108
Namaste Datta, oh my this must not have been an easy time. . yes, I believe like you, knowing what Dasa/bhukti is imperative,

there´s so many "branches" in astrology, I think for many, curiosity can bring someone in so many directions. you are so right though, about finding a teacher is probably the best way to learn. . .

Maha dasa/bhukti periods are extremely accurate. it had been a while I started looking into predictive techniques in western astrology, such as progression, solar return charts or perfection year transits but nothing comes close to the precision or tangibility in Vedic astrology. (well, for me anyways) so, Yes! :) Thank God for it🙏🕉✨🦋
February 18, 2022 at 20:06
Yes! The Vimshottari Maha dasa system is paramount, without it predictive abilities of the astrologer is limited, those who have command of it can make consistent jaw dropping accurate predictions for themselves and others.

When i first started studying jyotish on my own It was learning about Dasa/bhukti periods that made me ,on my first phone call to an astrologer that later became my spiritual mentor, tell him I´m was going through Rahu Maha dasa/Venus bhukti. When he heard that he immediately (without me telling him anything else about my chart) said" I would be dragged to court by a woman and be forced to stand in front of a judge " which of course happened.
So knowing what Dasa/bhukti I was in was the catalyst!! Thank God for it!!!🙏🕉
February 18, 2022 at 02:33
(Scorpio) OS* » LotusStar
I agree with what you said and no doubt all systems of astrology work. I´m also the same, I need to know, love to research etc and try new things, must be the gemini energy :)

Nakshatras are very, very accurate for me as well, I´m amazed the more I discover. . . what really turned me to Vedic astrology was Vimshottari.
February 16, 2022 at 23:25
(Virgo) LotusStar
I can understanding wanting to test things out but mixing and matching too much often yields wrong results and brings unnecessary confusion. I always test things out with my own chart and people I know ...which is why I know for a fact transits and synastry work best for me with equal house or placidus than whole signs at least with tropical astrology.

The astrologers who are mixing nakshatras with tropical zodiac degrees... I tried it with my chart just to give it the benefit of the doubt and nah, its completely inaccurate. Laughably wrong.

My sidereal zodiac fits in terms of nakshatras very, very accurately...
February 16, 2022 at 22:54
Svoboda is one of my favorites," The Greatest of Saturn" is great to study when going through Sade sati or Sani Dasa/bhukti, definitely read some of it on a Saturday if you can...
February 16, 2022 at 22:46
(Scorpio) OS* » Datta108
Absolutely! I found a few teachers online I´ve decided to follow, list is really not long but they are all alive :1: and recently Robert Svoboda, from you recommending him, 🙏🦋✨

I just started "the greatness of Saturn, I believe you when mentioned this book is a must read for anyone studying Jyotish.
February 16, 2022 at 19:22
Yes better to stick to one modality and to learn its rudiments completely preferably by a living teacher, than to jump all over from one to the other.
Traditional Jyotish also has a few different branches like Jaimini and Tajika etc..that are not as popular as Parashara´s ,imo learning Parashara Jyotish from a spiritual teacher is the easiest way of excelling in Jyotish...
February 16, 2022 at 19:09
(Scorpio) OS* » Datta108
Very true, thank you Datta

I really not familiar with Kp system but I did do a little research after Alex mentioned in this tread. Im not 100% sure but doubt it is based on Placidus house system. nonetheless, Kp is not something Im quite ready to explore, well for now anyways.
February 16, 2022 at 18:25
(Capricorn) Datta108
Namaste the Kp systems approach has been used sometimes along side Traditional Parashara Jyotish and as a stand alone method. My teacher would sometimes utilize some aspects of it but not always.

Imo astrological knowledge should be used to help others who are struggling and suffering in this material world and the only criteria that should be used is "does it work"?
That being said,"works" imo means does the system(s) that are being used give accurate results for the person,practically speaking.

In other words, is the astrologer actually giving correct predictions about future trends and events,yes or no??
That was always my object in seeking astrological advice, what will happen in a given amount of time, either the astrologer is right or wrong,and just like the cold hard concrete of New York, I wanted cold hard factual predictions about my life not personality traits, character analysis, likes n dislikes etc.. Others might not be interested in that aspect,some can´t handle the consequences of possibly knowing future trends and others dont even think its possible to predict anything ,so to each their own....

So looking at it from a very predictive pragmatic perspective, the proof in the pudding is in the eating, whatever system that is utilized should be able to accurately predict actual events and circumstances for the person consistently. Of course being able to do that or locating someone who can is exceedingly difficult and is where Gods grace and divine dispensation come in🙏🕉
February 16, 2022 at 16:10
(Scorpio) Jessijessi504 » OS*
C’est la vie.
I’m glad you found what speaks to you, that’s rad.
Cheers!
February 16, 2022 at 16:03
(Scorpio) OS* » Jessijessi504
thanks. I´ve checked out Vic Dicara´ youtube channel. is really not my cup of tea. :84:
February 16, 2022 at 15:54
That’s a valid perspective and you are certainly welcome to it.
Tarot is useful for current scenarios and motivations of the players involved. It is complimentary. I don’t use tarot and astrology for the same things.
I identify with my tropical personality description and tendencies.
I have been studying the nakshatras to deepen my understanding of these placements and the story of my life’s path as it is Unfolding.

That said, besides using astrology primarily to understand myself and what energies are currently at play, I’ve made accurate predictions using tropical with placidus.

Of important note, is that the aspects between the planets and points are the same, they are just framed differently.
I think both can work and i enjoy talking to various people here who practice one or the other or both. And many people who practice one are interested in the insight the system they don’t know can perhaps show them.

I prefer to remain open minded, because there is always much to learn and observe. It doesn’t confuse me or seem superfluous, but I don’t expect to have the same experience as the next person. Cheers

Check out Vic’s YouTube if you get a moment, even if you don’t agree with his style, he is really astute at unpacking lots of wisdom from the vedas. He seems a bit more philosophical than KRS Perhaps. I enjoy KRS also
February 16, 2022 at 15:28
I think tarot has a mix of both numerology and astrology. I don´t believe the "techniques" are as established as astrology though,

Im not sure I understand how mixing two systems together could amount to any accurate results. for example using Nakshatras with tropical western placements.

"Some people don’t like so much info, too much to sift through."

I don´t think that´s it. Most people just like to choose what works for them. mixing both systems together just creates a bunch of mumbo jumbo, only causing confusion or bewilderment, imo.
February 16, 2022 at 13:11
That’s awesome Vic is a Vedic astrologer who uses tropical signs - at least that is my understanding

I love any information that gives me a peek at the secrets of the universe 🙃
Lately I’ve been diving into solar return charts and I’ve found some really interesting things within them- some predictive things: like my dads health declining and car accidents for friends( thank goodness they are all ok!) and a cool relationship that arrived this year for myself
I use the tarot also, but I’m very eclectic.
Some people don’t like so much info, too much to sift through. I’ve found many things tend to be redundant in a birth chart- like look look this is important! And there are many layers to any astrology
I’m glad you found what works for you ! That’s great!!!
February 16, 2022 at 13:09
Thanks for sharing your perspective,

personally, I connect much more with my vedic sidereal chart. I´ve found vedic has been so much more useful for me in the last 3 to 6 months than tropical has over the last years.

Vic DiCara is a tropical astrologer who uses nakshatras. . .
February 16, 2022 at 12:57
(Scorpio) Jessijessi504
There’s an astrologer named Vic DiCara on YouTube that uses this method and he’s actually quite good and incredibly informative.

I’ve also started studying more of the Vedic teachings along with the nakshatras and I’ve really been enjoying myself. It is interesting that both systems work albeit in two very distinct cultures that value the self vs. society at large very differently.

I would suggest looking into it for yourself and come to your own conclusions- we are often quick to pass judgement or accept what we are told without really digging into the “why is this said or how did this come to be accepted”

Like most rules, I feel as though they are more guidelines and theories that were derived from individuals observations (or at least some are) not all of these theories can endure for eternity, so they must change as our relationship with ourselves, each other and the lens through which we view and understand it all must also evolve.

Some people use tropical, or Vedic
Different house systems, focus on inner or outer planets, focus on asteroids, they don’t agree on why astrology works- some say it’s all nonsense
Etc

Lately I’ve become contemplative on how much belief (especially collective belief) itself actually shapes reality?
Nothing seems to be a one way cause—>effect event, just like you can’t define a person or relationship by one aspect alone.

My opinion and observation thus far is there is not one objective truth that is the same for anyone- we all have to find our truth and our lens that makes the most sense to us. So I’d suggest- look into it- find your lens and be open to others doing things differently. There is often wisdom in unexpected places ❤️ Much love y’all
Keep digging for your truth
February 16, 2022 at 12:19
(Scorpio) OS* » s81
"Tropical astrology does not borrow anything, I do."

Of course! that´s exactly what I mean -Ive seen a few using Vedic concepts and Nakshatras to the tropical zodiacs.

"nothing beats the precision of a Tropical Chart with Placidus (or the most modern and refined Topocentric) house system"

perhaps for you, but some people have to go through so many mental gymnastics to resonate with their tropical western birth charts.

I just find it so odd people using term like "Sade Sati" or applying Nakshatras to western astrology.

There are people with strong religious beliefs, like Christianity for example, yet they practice astrology. or others applying Jyotish astrology concepts, yet they do not believe in reincarnation (karma). that´s a big can of worms on its own. . .
February 16, 2022 at 05:33
(Taurus) s81 » OS*
"I think talking about religion is like opening a can or worms here. . ."

Haha well, I like fishing, what can I do :1:
But in any case, it´s interesting you state something like that, since that´s exactly what any vedic astrologer does when talking about karma or past lifes or things like that.

"This fact I mentioned just shows that tropical astrology is so "complete and accurate" it needs to borrow, or use Vedic techniques to get a clearer picture. . ."

Tropical astrology does not borrow anything, I do. I do always talk for myself, I don´t care what others do, I respect them and that´s all. I know concepts are universal and can be extrapolated if they apply, no matter where they come from, so I´m indifferent on what others say about that. After all, I´m not mixing religious concepts which can be an understandable concern to many, I´m just extrapolating astrology concepts like many others did over the centuries.
And btw, respectfully, nothing beats the precision of a Tropical Chart with Placidus (or the most modern and refined Topocentric) house system, and it does not requires nothing else. When I say I apply a concept like Sade Sati is simply paying attention to the transiting Saturn in the prior/same/next sign of the natal Moon... I´m not borrowing a technique to practice but a concept to have in mind, and of course I do it since it´s useful no matter if it comes from other type of astrology. If the remarkable special influence of Saturn over the Moon would be spotted by hellenistic astrologers, or uranian astrologers, or whatever, I would took that from them anyway. I want all the information I can gather from the chart, and I think people not doing so is loosing valuable information, like I said in other posts many times.
February 16, 2022 at 03:24
(Scorpio) OS* » anotheralex
Ok. but what you linked is not a "system that actually use placidus"

Krishnamurti is a Vedic astrologer that "claims to have invented" a cups house system for predictive techniques. this technique or called "KP System" is a cusp house system using the bhava chalit chart calculations.

all house systems have cusps. Tropical astrology has a full list, Placidus being one of them. they might be similar but they are not called the same.
February 16, 2022 at 03:05
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » OS*
System message: Post has been written by user anotheralex, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Chart picture;

https://astro786.com/wp-content/…

Documentation;

https://www.kpastrology.com/kpbasic…
February 16, 2022 at 02:35
after doing a little research, KP is a technique used with dasha periods. Im not sure it´s meant to be interpreted solely, on its own. I could be wrong, let me know. . .

Nirayana bhava chalit chart https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
February 16, 2022 at 00:31
that´s really interesting because I thought Vedic astrology were all either diamond or square shaped. East, North or South charts.

Im curious how does that work ? how do you read the chart ?
February 16, 2022 at 00:23
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » s81
System message: Post has been written by user anotheralex, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Well its interesting because I didn’t actually decided on my own to use placidus system but was reading a book on Vedic astrology which said it was a possibility and further research shows that their is actually The KP (krishnamurti padathi) system that actually use placidus.
February 15, 2022 at 23:41
(Scorpio) OS* » s81
I think talking about religion is like opening a can or worms here. . .

This fact I mentioned just shows that tropical astrology is so "complete and accurate" it needs to borrow, or use Vedic techniques to get a clearer picture. . .

Vedic might be more "preserved" than western astrology, mainly because people from the west see it as form of "entertainment" rather than a "science" of truths (or of Light to be literal)

some traditionalists don´t even apply kal sarpa, or other yogas that are more commonly known in modern astrology -Thus, we never see Vedic astrologers (modern or trad) using or extrapolating on tropical techniques. probably with good reasons. . .

"Resuming, one thing is to extrapolate concepts (like using sade sati or kala sarpa in tropical), other totally different thing is to mix systems (like using placidus with the sideral chart)."

in my opinion, applying Nakshatras or yogas with a tropical western chart, or even applying Bhavat Bhavam techniques with western is the same thing as extrapolating on a Sidereal chart using placidus house system.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »