Learning astrology and hoping to share experiences

January 7, 2022 at 22:24 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Hermetic Dreamer
Learning astrology and hoping to share experiences
Astrology has been very interesting to me lately. I love the symbolism and how it can be used to describe our psychology and the events around us. I feel like I have the basics of Hellenistic astrology down but I need a lot of practice to really test out astrology in general for myself. I hope to learn Vedic astrology next so I can compare the two better and see what works better for me.

So if any of you have any suggestions for learning Vedic astrology feel free to share them. I also hope to learn from all of your experiences using astrology. Has astrology been useful for you?

I’m looking forward to learning from all of you.

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
January 13, 2022 at 04:11
(Leo) Hermetic Dreamer » Amdash
So far it has given me more direction and a sense of purpose. I have a strong Gemini influence if you look at my tropical and draconic charts. It has left me not knowing my self very well. But now I can see that and areas I can benefit from concentrating more in those areas.

I´m glad it has been beneficial for you too!
January 13, 2022 at 04:05
(Leo) Hermetic Dreamer » Datta108
I really like this idea. Thank you for the suggestion.
January 13, 2022 at 04:04
(Leo) Hermetic Dreamer » 1janos
Thank you for the suggestions and the information. I´m adding those authors to my reading list. :4:
January 13, 2022 at 04:02
(Leo) Hermetic Dreamer » OS*
This helps a lot thank you!
January 12, 2022 at 04:02
(Capricorn) Datta108 » OS*
If you like, try reading "Autobiography of a yogi"" the chapter "Sasi and the 3 sapphires " I believe it´s called, this will show you the astounding power of jyotish in the hands of a Master,the guidance of a genuine spiritual teacher is absolutely essential in Vedic philosophy/spirituality/ayurveda/yoga/astrolgy...
January 12, 2022 at 01:40
(Scorpio) OS* » Datta108
"But now I know what he meant,the most important thing in goin is sincerity and devotion"

Very very true, one must always have pure intentions.

I am just starting into Vedic. I feel very drawn to learn about mythology with the nakshatras, the culture and religion. yes I am lucky, she is a really good friend :)

You are also very blessed to have your teacher🙏✨🌼
January 12, 2022 at 00:17
Ahh ok good for you! That´s great you have a friend who can show you around the temple and do archana and puja,I first went by myself and knew basically nothing and felt out of place.
I remember my teacher saying "in a few years you will know more than most people goin there" and I just couldn´t believe it,everyone was mostly speaking hindi and sanskrit!

But now I know what he meant,the most important thing in goin is sincerity and devotion, not mechanically going there with face in a cell phone, oblivious....
January 11, 2022 at 23:17
(Scorpio) OS* » Datta108
Namaste🙏
Thank you Datta

I live in Canada and there are many here, a friend, she is from Mauritius and very often visits the temple. She knows I’m into numerology and past month when I spoke to her about Nakshatras, her eyes just light up and she looked at me with the brightest smile! Joytish! She told me stories from her country, the priest from her village would read the astrology but with the hand, with the hand lines. She wants to invite me to the temple with her, but everything is on lockdown at the moment in our city.

I hope we will go this spring once the regulations are less severe, and I will ask my friend about the Navagrahas :)
January 11, 2022 at 19:48
(Aquarius) Amdash
Hey hermetic dreamer!

It’s really good to hear of the benefits that astrology has been on your perspective of it, and I am here to also tell me it will not disappoint you as you go further and further as well as when you go into doing Vedic astrology.

Astrology for me has been a wonderful sense of clarity on the benefits and consequences that my mind tends to be dealing with that it lets my clarity just let it go under the radar without really factoring it, and so it’s been really beneficial and a blessing to be able to route those because they come out almost like a force of habit.

But with other factors in astrology it’s also been a Benefactor in what do you consider go take on in one’s The life directions that I may be taking and it’s been really helpful back to you in terms of planning all that as i go

That burst of intellectual curiosity will take you very far into two depths of detail that won’t do you no wrong.

Can’t wait to hear more of your positive experiences and connections and gain from it!
January 11, 2022 at 15:05
If you ever do go to a temple,see if they have a shrine for the Navagraha´s, the 9 planets.
Walk around it clockwise as you offer prayers/chanting mantras,do this 9 times.
My spiritual teacher told me to do this on Saturdays along with fasting and offering some small donation as an Upaya for Saturn and Rahu during an extremely difficult phase of my life.

I asked him if I could walk around the Navagraha´s 108 times and he said yes adding "you will become very philosophical in life if you do this" and as time moves on its become true.

Depending on the day you go,offer a few coins and flowers and fruit to the Navagraha on his day, so if you go on a Sunday offer to the Sun,if you go on Wednesday offer to Mercury etc...🙏
January 11, 2022 at 04:15
(Pisces) 1janos » Hermetic Dreamer
Yes, there is an amazing amount of hidden information in a chart. A lot of stuff has been and is being published on a lot of topics. I found most of it highly questionable.

Would like to recommend Robert Hand´s ´Planets in Transit´ for your consideration, as a well-researched reference text.

Midpoint related astrology is possibly the only evidence-based, scientifically well-researched branch of astrology.

There was a long term research project conducted by dozens of Astrologers, Doctors and Statisticians in Germany, Switzerland and after the war in the USA, between 1920-1970. This involved the study and interpretation of many thousands of people´s charts and the correlation of all factors involved.

The results were quite surprising; and provided information different and unexpected by the researchers involved. A new branch of astrology was established, called ´Cosmobiology´. It´s champions Reinhold Ebertin and son Baldour published the last revision of their work: Combination of Stellar Influences in 1970.

It was found, that this highly accurate method involved the half sums or midpoints of all the main factors from the :151: to :160:, the Ascendant, Nodes and MC. These mathematically calculated points were found to be equally relevant - not just at the calculated position -, but at 45, 90, 135 and 180 degrees from that point on, as well. This lead to the arrangement of these points to be sorted into Cardinal, Fixed and Mutable lots. No other aspects were found to be yielding any relevant information. Signs and house positions were not found to be of any use. An orb of 1 degree only is used. I imagine, it makes sense, that the closer the factor involved, the more relevant the description is. The same is true, if more than one midpoint is involved or more than one factor is in play at the same time.

I know this comes as a shock. However please remember, this is a very different way of looking at the available data. Petr very kindly modified his programming to enable these calculations, some years ago.

I´m not suggesting that Ebertin´s work is the last word in understanding and describing what is going on. However, it yields results far more accurate than the sentimental, imprecise, vague, wishful onania a lot of people partake in on this site and many others.
January 10, 2022 at 17:37
(Scorpio) OS* » Hermetic Dreamer
Im glad to hear :) Kapiel is a very good astrologer,

still quite new to me but I heard the Navamsa is one of the most important divisional charts. The Nakshatras are divided into 4 padas, which comes even more specific to whatever planet is placed in your chart. The D9 placements are determined by which padas the planets are in the Rasi (D1, natal chart)

I also heard KRS say a reading could be done with only the D9, as this shows the soul of the chart, the true self.

edits:
The Navamsa means nine divisions, by each sign divided by 9 equals to 3.20´ degrees. and each nakshatra has 13.20´ degrees, divided by pada would be 3.20´ degrees each. Nine navamsa in 12 signs is 108 divisions. One pada is 3.20´ deg. and one navamsa is 3.20´ deg.

-hoping I explained this correct :)
January 10, 2022 at 15:06
(Leo) Hermetic Dreamer » 1janos
That sounds like a great approach. I know I lacked self-awareness to certain aspects to my personality and the natal chart has been like a cheat sheet to learn myself better.

I´ve been learning about transits but I feel like need a lot more time before I feel confident using them. I still need to learn more about midpoints, too.
January 10, 2022 at 14:58
(Leo) Hermetic Dreamer » Datta108
Your posts have given me a lot to think about. I´ve been realizing that I need to start a spiritual practice. Jyotish seems to be connected to many rich spiritual practices, I´ll have to look into this more. Thanks again for sharing.
January 10, 2022 at 14:49
(Leo) Hermetic Dreamer » OS*
I just recently watched the some of the Navamsa videos in the KRS channel on youtube. I´ve heard of the D9 chart and wanted to learn more about it. When I concentrated on where the planets where in my chart I was blown away.
January 9, 2022 at 10:32
(Capricorn) boyakasha the guru
January 9, 2022 at 00:14
(Pisces) 1janos » Hermetic Dreamer
Well, most people lack a great deal of self-awareness, so to speed up the process of personal growth I tend to have a thorough look into natal, midpoint and transit charts, especially with those who give me their permission and are taking the process of therapy seriously.

I imagine you also agree with the notion, that information to be gained from various charts only describes people´s potential and it takes a lot of effort to realize those. Little happens by itself and personal investment of time and energy is called for.

In my experience processes and timing of major transformation are predictable, especially using the combination of the three previously mentioned methods.
January 8, 2022 at 19:30
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Daneel
System message: Post has been written by user Straight.to.the.midheaven, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yes because "our worldview" is almost completely utilitaristic.
January 8, 2022 at 19:13
(Scorpio) OS* » Datta108
:80:
January 8, 2022 at 19:11
Anytime!!🙏
Jyotish is the divine science, those who respectfully approach it with sincerity and are following a spiritual discipline in thier life´s will be greatly benefited by it,Jyotish is said to be the Eyes of the Veda´s 🙏🕉🌻
January 8, 2022 at 19:06
(Scorpio) OS* » Datta108
oh! I love this!

as I´m starting to learn more about Vedic I feel like its opening a whole new perspective for me.

Thank you again Datta🙏✨🦋🌸
January 8, 2022 at 19:01
Yes and the connection to the Supreme Eternal Almighty, these have been done for thousands and thousands of years (some even say much much longer than that!!) in Yagya, Homa,Puja etc...This is why it´s recommended that someone goin thru a soul battering hellish period of life have Homa done for themselves as an Upaya.
Actually it´s almost considered a must to do Homa on your birth star(the day near your birthday when the moon is in the same sign/nakshatra as it was at birth) for overall health, vitality and longevity every year.
Also when Jupiter changes sign its also good to do Homa especially when he transits the 1st,3rd,4th,6th,8th,10th and 12fl from the Jamna Rasi.
This goes for unfavourable Saturn transits every 2.5 years when he changes signs (the temples are usually very crowded on this day!!)too and when someone has entered an inauspicious Dasa/bhukti/antardasa,so sometimes Homa is done 2 or 3 times a year......
January 8, 2022 at 18:47
(Scorpio) OS* » Hermetic Dreamer
Freya is a beautiful name :)

it’s a good approach to have, seeing the duality. Both good and bad, but I think it goes a lot deeper in combination of planets in signs. Some are more friendly together vs others have more friction depending on the flow of energies in the chart.

I believe in Vedic, there are various symbols representing the Nakshatras and they are "key" to understanding them.

You asked about learning Vedic, there’s quite a few good youtube channels if you want to take this route, it could be a good way to start as information is free. I like KRS but there are other good ones, too.
January 8, 2022 at 18:44
(Scorpio) OS* » Datta108
yes! this is what the author book Im reading explained. During the Yagya, is a prayer ceremony or visit to the temple where person gives his/hers Jamna to the priest. This is to form connection to Deity of the moon Nakshatra and receive its blessings.

(hope I understood correct ☺️..
January 8, 2022 at 18:40
(Capricorn) Datta108 » Hermetic Dreamer
You´re very welcome!🙏🕉
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer