Ketu and ... Obsession?

December 30, 2021 at 00:16 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) LotusStar
Ketu and ... Obsession?
I heard an astrologer say Ketu can show obsession because Ketu is like Mars and can lazer focus on things and dig deep. That if you have a planet conjunct ketu you are driven to go very deep in your experience of this planet even to disregard rules or limits and lose yourself in it... Eventually you may reach a point where you may get desensitized and cut it out (also rules cutting) but internally can be a strong psychological focus.

They said that Rahu has the energy of Saturn and Ketu has energy of Mars...

They said Rahu is like Saturn it shows where you "should" go and things you "should" do or focus on but you can feel nervous, unprepared, anxious about it and want to avoid, yet it´s your duty/karma to develop.

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
January 6, 2022 at 19:21
(Sagittarius) Sus » Etherealmind
It depends sign and house. Lord of moon and ketu in house

I have ketu and moon in 6th house.
I read it can indicate mother´s health afliction.
Not obsessed with children.
Obsession belongs to rahu. If ketu acts like mars, mars is cutting of. Ketu is detachment and separation.
Ketu with moon may fogg the mind. Cause ketu its headless. Ketu its spiritual and wants spiritual things.
Rahu wants wordly things, fame and wealth.
Look your ketu and moon sign, naskshatra and lord position.

I have it in mars and read that I was a soldier in a previous life and I must take the leadership in this life cause in fact ketu in mars wants peace and no action oriented.
January 6, 2022 at 18:07
(Scorpio) Kisses » Cancerman23
You were a mad scientist/inventor in a past life :4:
January 6, 2022 at 17:42
(Cancer) Cancerman23
I have Ketu conjunct Uranus don´t know much about what it means
January 6, 2022 at 15:23
(Capricorn) Datta108 » viv
Kindest most auspicious gift ever!!! He was a Mahatma and Maha Siddha ,I simply cant describe how great he was. I guess the only way to convey it is by reading Autobiography of a Yogi or "Agohra"by R Svoboda, in these amazing books there are chapters on holy men,mystic saints and Sadhu´s who have astounding abilities, and not just astrological!! The past life merit needed to meet
these pure devotees must be astronomical!!

Yes you were probably going to the various Navagraha temples, each one dedicated to a certain Graha and Tamil nadu is known as the "Land of temples", I heard there are tens of thousands of temples there!!
My mentor has built an ashram in Tamil nadu and in the temple the main Diety is Lord Sanichara Yogaswar(Saturn),a 26 Foot tall black granite murthi that is absolutely awesome in appearance.
He told me initially there would be a few hundred people coming to worship on Saturdays but soon thousands will come and in the future tens of thousands will come to worship and be fed for free as he didn´t want the temple to be commercialized in any way,everything is free and there is no asking of money from the devotees who go there for anything.

When he initially started the construction on 13 acres they found, while digging, an approximately 1,000 year old metal statue of Lord Ganesha!! It is said that it was worshiped by a great king from a certain dynasty over 900 years ago,unbelievable!

I plan to go there at some point and hopefully live there, i think it´s just separated by time
January 6, 2022 at 15:01
(Aquarius) viv » fishscales
Hi Fishscales yes, I also resonate with the idea that the south node of the moon, Ketu represents past life gifts, obligations interests.. whether that’s about a comfort zone, obsession, or fated events may be variable but it does seem something of the past needs to be acknowledged before the Rahu potentialities begin to unfold. In my case Ketu is in the ninth (or 10th in whole signs) and study, especially of astrology etc is entirely natural and a bit of a comfort zone, giving some of what I’ve absorbed written form for others is a Rahu challenge. Viv
January 6, 2022 at 14:52
(Aquarius) viv » Datta108
Thank you for answering Datta. That was a kind gift of destiny to have such a teacher.A blessing on his memory!
I had some powerful experiences in Tamil Nadu even arriving at a temple at the very hour of the marriage of Kali and Shiva. I discovered there were a series of temples nearby, each dedicated to different planetary deities plus rahu and ketu. I would have loved to take a pilgrimage week or so but did not have the right companion, and travelling in India by myself did not feel entirely safe! Viv
January 6, 2022 at 14:10
Yes he was from Tamil nadu,I vaguely remember him sayin somethin about the astrologers of Kerala havin slight differences or different ways in astrological interpretations, I´m not sure he had a very high opinion of that!!!

His grandfather was the village astrologer at the turn of the century and people would line up to have thier readings and he would do it without charts, just from memory!!

As a teenager my teacher went to stay with his spiritual master at his ashram where he learned Jyotish, numerology,Vaastu(Indian feng shui),palmistry etc.. besides Vedanta,Puja etc..and became a Sahdu/Monk/Holy man for life.....
January 6, 2022 at 11:21
(Pisces) fishscales
Maybe Ketu/South node is associated with obsession because it is associated with past lives.

It represents our confort zone, and everyone likes to get back to their comfort zone.

Rahu/North node challenges us to find a new direction, although we can support that new direction with the already developed knowledge and talents of our South node. It´s just that pursuing the south node exclusively does not work. At least it didn´t for me.

And yes, I guess you could say I was "obsessed" with the things my south node represented.
January 6, 2022 at 09:28
(Virgo) Etherealmind » LotusStar
You mean Moon conjunct South Node in the natal chart ? I also have this conjunction and I´m sure I´d like to have kids in the future but I don´t feel it as an obsession either haha.

Maybe it´s a matter of age too ...
January 6, 2022 at 07:31
Thanks Datta same to you✨🙏👍Out of interest was your late teacher from Kerala or Tamil Nadu? I visited both states and found them extraordinarily different! Viv
January 6, 2022 at 05:14
Happy n healthy 2022 to you!🙏
In south India where my teacher was from,the father is represented by the 9th house/lord,in north Indian some say the 10th house is the house of the father so there is some disagreement amongst the sages as they say....
January 6, 2022 at 03:57
Hi Datta, so interesting, also about the ninth being house of father. Best for 2022Viv
January 6, 2022 at 01:19
(Aquarius) viv » LotusStar
thanks for your caring Lotus Star .. Actually I noticed today Saturn just arrived on my Rahu!
Yes, astrology, map to the mysteries!
January 6, 2022 at 00:03
(Virgo) LotusStar » viv
I’m so sorry Viv :80: :68: I can’t even imagine…

Ketu may require to let go of attachments but that is easier said than done

It’s always interesting to look at the nodal connections between family. I was surprised to find out I have a lot of south node connections with both my parents, they are all over the place… ! I guess shouldn’t be surprising but astrology always amazes me
January 5, 2022 at 23:46
(Aquarius) viv
Thanks for the conversation.. I have rahu conjunct my sun in Aquarius 3rd (or 4th depending on house system )and square Asc in Scorpio and square Jupiter on Dsc. in Taurus.

The biggest ketu challenge I ever experienced was the early birth of our third son, born exactly on my ketu in Leo, (my ninth / tenth) and his completely unexpected death three months later. That took me deeper than Aqua generally wants to go!

He’s been a great companion and teacher but would I have wanted that experience? Perhaps only from a Soul perspective. I wouldn’t say I have an obsession with ketu but this experience colours everything.

It’s interesting what Datta says about ketu “cutting things out!! “ Viv
January 5, 2022 at 23:17
(Virgo) LotusStar
Another example

2 girls I know with Moon/Ketu and they are obsessed with having kids

Especially the one with Moon in Pushya

She is like the mom friend of everyone and has dreams of being pregnant. She was so desperate to find a guy not for love but to have kids / family she wants !
December 31, 2021 at 03:12
(Virgo) LotusStar
I do agree though with you all, Rahu does expands.

It expands the sign it´s in and amplifies it´s qualities.

:15: totally agree with this

The houses of Rahu and Ketu can really say so much about a person and a big focus of their life experience!

Same goes for their placement in D9. The videos on KRS on that are so good.
December 31, 2021 at 03:08
(Virgo) LotusStar » Kisses
:61: ditto...
December 31, 2021 at 02:45
(Scorpio) Kisses » OS*
You’re welcome!
December 31, 2021 at 02:40
(Scorpio) OS* » Kisses
Thank you!!
December 31, 2021 at 02:34
(Scorpio) Kisses » LotusStar
I am obsessed with 8th house stuff. Rahu in the 8th house. But I’m also hung up on 2nd house things XD

I really got into researching 8th house stuff when Jupiter transited my 8th house probably around when I was 8 years old
December 31, 2021 at 02:33
(Scorpio) Kisses » LotusStar
Gorl I am the QUEEN of being hung up on unavailable people. That’s my type lol
December 31, 2021 at 02:32
(Scorpio) Kisses » OS*
I don’t remember the name but if you google lady who wrote etiquette book plus October 27, she should come up - just did it. Emily Post!
December 31, 2021 at 02:30
(Scorpio) OS* » Kisses
:22:

Though, as I reflect on myself, doesn´t really surprise me. The "etiquette" stuff. I have Saturn, Jupiter and Venus, holding hands lol

Mind if I ask the name of this person ?
December 31, 2021 at 02:13
(Virgo) LotusStar » Kisses
"She explains that Venus conjunct Ketu can show obsessive tendencies in love."

True for me. I think I also heard somewhere can make you very hung up on a person, sometimes an unavailable person... Like you can be stuck on them for years...

That´s what I mean. How come this happens if it´s supposed to mean detachment. And I know in some ways it does too, but then in other ways?

I have Rahu in the 6th and I don´t feel obsessed with 6h topics ... I much prefer the 12h, so much in the comfort zone there. But if I stay there too long I do get fomo feeling :61: I don´t want to lose touch with reality too much either and I don´t like being alone.

I keep forgetting in vedic my Rahu is in Pisces not in Aries. Ruler Jupiter in 7th... I guess both are little intertwined for me. I can´t detach from relationships as much despite Ketu/Venus.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »