How to see Hyleg in Natal Chart?

October 1, 2021 at 11:46 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) Whitecat
How to see Hyleg in Natal Chart?
Hi,
Does anyone know, that astro-seek natal chart is showing us Hyleg planet or not?

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
June 4, 2022 at 17:46
(Leo) TJShemaly » raquelsoldera
Thanks!
I´ll go thru it asap
June 4, 2022 at 17:43
(Cancer) raquelsoldera » TJShemaly
I found this article from Bernadette Brady about Hyleg and Alcoccoden, but I didn´t finished yet: http://www.bernadettebrady.com/Pdfs…
June 4, 2022 at 17:34
Most welcome
honestly i don´t know much about her, i just found this article randomly some weeks ago as i was searching for info (and i didnt read the whole pdf yet)
June 4, 2022 at 17:20
I agree with you about the need for viewers nowadays.

Good to know that you use Vedic techniques on tropical zodiac. I´ll try to do that.

Thanks for the file, I´ve downloaded and you can delete it from your cloud. I´ve read some articles from Deborah Houlding about Horary, thanks for sharing this too.
June 4, 2022 at 13:33
For the record, I do apply Vedic techniques on tropical zodiac (i.e. 0 Ayanamsa) and still it gives good results. I also check the divisional charts (Harmonics) in tropical as well.

Astrologers-want-to-be are a lot and scattered now across YT and IG. Many of them don´t even know what "ascendant" is. It´s sad but what to do. Those people want the publicity and whatever comes with it, and correcting them would be a grave mistake (even their followers don´t want to listen as well).

For me, I don´t look often into the new planets really. I stick to the classics most of the time but I do peek sometimes if I feel there is something special about Uranus, Neptune or Pluto. But I rarely use them.

Anyway, I will upload the file and send you the link on DM. Tell me when you download it so that I can delete it from my cloud.
June 4, 2022 at 13:20
I´ve started studying astrology by psychological aspects, but I ended up finding the Hellenistic more fascinating.
I have a lot of interest in Vedic astrology, but I must first know the bases of traditional/medieval/hellenistic. It´s impressive the accuracy of some points on vedic method. What I observe here is a discussion between the Ayanamsa - which would be the best and most accurate.

What I see in my country is a ´boom´ of astrologers who don´t know (and don´t want to know) the basics of the history of astrology, and basically uses an "intuitive reading" from map, without knowing or using consolidated interpretation methods.
Particularly I do not see a problem in the "evolution" of astrology and its interpretation - and the combination of the various types, but I feel sorry to "lose" all the ancient production instead of further investigating the proposals of these authors - and check if its really applicable nowadays or not.
Astrology may be richer than relate everything to Pluto´s influence only.

Yes, I would like to read the pdf you mentioned, please. I want to test the different ways to find Hyleg in maps of famous people and my relatives too. Thank you.
June 4, 2022 at 12:16
Most welcome - I´m also somewhat prone to psychology at times but it depends really on what I´m trying to find in the chart. I learn techniques from both sides, Hellenistic and Vedic and try to implement them, but recently I´ve been more into Hellenistic timing techniques.
Hope you find more about the Hyleg. I´d be happy to see what you learn further about this topic.

and by the way, I do have a PDF here which has a table as a comparison between Dorotheus, Ptolemy and Alcabitius and their ways to find the Hyleg. I´m still reading the PDF but I used the table to check the Hyleg for some charts and do some tests. If you like I can upload it and give you a link in DM. let me know.
June 4, 2022 at 12:07
I hope that more astrologers study these issues. Medieval astrology ended up losing prominence to the psychological analysis of modern astrology, and we ended up losing advances in medieval analyses.
My studies in this area are recent, but I hope to advance the observations over this in the next few years.
Thank you very much for your observations and collaboration.
June 4, 2022 at 11:59
(Cancer) raquelsoldera » Rosincvist
No, Hyleg is a ´point´ in the map, not an asteroid.
June 4, 2022 at 03:42
Yes indeed, I´ve been (and still) play with lots from time to time and I think I did once with the lot of health, and I´ve done some experiments with the lot of profession and the lot of finance (lot of finance specifically must be done anually here). I think I noticed some things but I can´t say for sure. Anyway as you said, I noticed some transits to the lot of finances did cause some changes in the finances to some people, but as for the lot of health I didn´t check thoroughly. Also, I don´t think I´ve checked the anareta.

The problem with the lots that it needs quite a lot of observations and transition studies and they are just points in the chart with some degrees, not like planets that you can for example use in timing techniques to produce a time-table you know. But yes, the lots fascinate me a lot (no pun intended). Yet, it requires a thorough study for the transits - Also, I wouldn´t know whether I should consider the regular orb aspects, or house aspects. But probably since it´s a point in the chart, the orb aspects are more proper.
June 4, 2022 at 00:05
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Not Minor Planet Hygeia?; Currently one of Astro-Seek´s top 16 asteroids! :44:
June 3, 2022 at 22:19
I hadn´t thought about the issue of food and planets, but it´s make sense too.
Vedic techniques usually are associated to Ayurveda.
Have you ever tried to find some relation with hellenistic lots and health issues? For example, Anareta Lot is called "a killer of life", and malefics in transit to this lot could reduce the life expectation or cause some problems to the native. There are other lots relating to health.
It seems that lots are interesting for this type of analysis, combined with transit maps and progressions.
June 3, 2022 at 16:28
I would go with the first reason, but the latter two, not much. It is proved on various levels from various perspectives that it is not possible to predict death. Dorotheus (I think) used and explained some methods which I think involve hyleg only to tell about possible health hazards (and I think what he did was using the hyleg in the distribution through the bounds technique), and whenever a malefic affects the hyleg (with no benefic aspecting) then it points to some danger. As I read in some texts, Dorotheus didn´t attend to predict death here, but only physical health issues. Alcocoden is even more vague.

Personally, I´m going to try to find another route to check for health from the natal chart and I´ve seen some mention about some classifications for herbs under the planets (e.g. coffee is considered Martian because it is red and it is stimulant) - I might as well check into Vedic techniques (if they don´t involve so much myths and remedies involving worshiping something)
June 3, 2022 at 15:46
I´m trying to see the connection between health issues too, longevity and life expectancy.
June 3, 2022 at 14:07
Best of luck.

If I may ask, why are you interested in the hyleg (an alcocoden)?
For me I was trying to see the connection between this topic and health issues if possible
June 3, 2022 at 13:50
Thanks for your answer. I´ve been studying Hyleg and Alcocoden, and it´s a very difficult and polemic subject.

Here in Brazil most astrologers follow the modern line, so it´s not easy to find material and students to talk about. Thank you for the points presented.

I´m studying the methods of Ptolemy and Bonatti, and waiting the Bernadette Brady´s book arrive, to expand the studies.
June 3, 2022 at 09:00
There are not a single method actually. Ancient astrologers varied in finding the hyleg. I tried my take at it and I think it´s somewhat impractical. One, because the principle of judging the length of life is not useful (and not possible from my own perspective), and second, it has little significance when it comes essentially to health matters. Because there are many texts about how to find it, makes it confusing. Also, in most timing techniques in Hellenistic astrology, the hyleg is not required (except for maybe the decennials, where hyleg coincides with the apheta, as it seems). So, finding this point seems pointless (at least to me and to what I´m looking for).

Anyway, the main 3 authors I´ve read about for finding the hyleg are: Dorotheus, Ptolemy, and Al-Qabisi (Alcabitius). I tried to investigate various charts using these 3 guidelines to find the hyleg, and often I end up with 2 or 3 different planets/object.
June 3, 2022 at 08:38
(Cancer) raquelsoldera
Hi everyone! Did you have any answer about Hyleg in the map?
October 1, 2021 at 13:16
(Virgo) Whitecat » Seanfhear
:1:
October 1, 2021 at 13:15
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Whitecat
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Rica Ederim
October 1, 2021 at 13:12
Cool, thank you very much :1:
October 1, 2021 at 13:11
System message: Post has been written by user Seanfhear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I notified on twitter - hopefully he´ll check it out
October 1, 2021 at 12:54
Maybe yes, maybe Petr can help
October 1, 2021 at 12:51
=====
Very interesting.

I think Petr (the admin of Astro-Seek) must see this.
October 1, 2021 at 12:38
I´m not so much experienced, but i can explain as my teacher told me.
If its a day chart, check the Sun. If Sun is in 1., 7., 9., 10. or 11. houses then possible to say it´s Hyleg.
If its night chart, check the Moon. If moon is in 1., 7., 3. (only in feminen zodiac), 9., 10. or 11. houses, possible to be Hyleg planet.
If both of them not in this criteria then look to Moon again. If the moon growing up then Fortune could be Hyleg. But must make an angel with its director.
If the moon decreases then ASC could be Hyleg. But must angle with ASC... Of course Almutem Figures we have to check too...
There are so many criteria...
After we find Hyleg planet, we look for Alcocoden.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »