Question: Did An Astrologer Even Have A Relationship If They DIDN´T Share Their Chart Synastry To Get A Second Opinion With Others?

September 16, 2021 at 22:10 (UT/GMT)
(Sagittarius) Cosmette
Question: Did An Astrologer Even Have A Relationship If They DIDN´T Share Their Chart Synastry To Get A Second Opinion With Others?
Hahah, kidding... ok, ok, half-kidding... Hi guys! I was wondering if you would be able to look at this synastry chart I share with my partner. We are so wonderfully in love, and have gone through the ringer together like no other. However, we don´t have the most romantic looking chart, in fact, we are RIDDLED with oppositions (although I suppose that is when I allow the orb to be more wide) and some not-so-romantic house overlays. Plop onto that we are a 17 or so year age gap. I have my own theories on why this all seems to work, but I´m also not a super experienced astrologer so there may be some key points that totally WOOSH-- flew over my head.

He wants to get married in the next few years, maybe even have a kid down the line, and he´s saving up with me in tandem so we can get a home together. And, me, I adore him. We do bicker, but we get along really, really well. There´s so much trust, passion, and mental stimulation (I imagine from that 3rd stellium, perhaps!) This could go all the way, I think? We ironically met online :3: and I moved out here to be with him. I don´t know if there´s anything that we wouldn´t do for one another, so I´m curious!

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to respond, and thank you to anyone who takes the time to look, it´s all in good fun regardless :^)
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 28, 2021 at 00:10
(Capricorn) Emanuel
His Moon conjunct your Ascendant, Mars conjunct Mars, his mars square your moon, your Mars conjunct his Ascendant... There are some good/pasional aspects.
September 17, 2021 at 22:47
(Aries) ram_goat » Cosmette
Synastry is between individuals, first and foremost.

It´d be interesting to see his chart..

uranus placements, 8th house, 2nd, 12th, 7th

pluto placements & aspects, venus placements, moon placements.

those 4 tend to add the most difficult "weirdness" to people´s core
personality, and are very telling about who their core person is,
how amenable they are to stable living, stable lifestyle, both solo
and as part of a couple.

You have to look at the individuals first, then look at them as a couple,
then go back and consider them as individuals one more time after you look
at them as a couple.

some couples are helouise and abelard,

others are Sid & Nancy

and still others are Bill & Monica.

you have to consider the individuals as well. What are their torments and tensions as individual people.
September 17, 2021 at 22:42
(Sagittarius) Cosmette » ram_goat
Hey! Thanks for the reply! :^) Also thank you very much for the compliment! Sometimes in astrology I´ll think I know something- and then realize I am completely and entirely wrong haha

I´ve been studying astrology for about a year, synastry for maybe 6 months or so, I´ve been trying to learn everything I can, but nothing is better than being able to discuss it with others!
I try to do synastry readings for some couples, and I think I´m getting better at it, but there´s still some stuff I don´t know, layers to peel back, all of which I´m interested in figuring out.
But if you think I´m somewhat versed, then it feels good to hear, then I can know that I´m doing well in this particular area and feel more resolute in what I know.

I definitely have responses to your statements. I love them, by the way, only just these past few days have I started looking at aspects as not just personality traits of a natal/synastry chart, but also a whole system including events that may occur within the relationship. Sounds kinda funny, all things considered, I think I kinda understood but it just now is starting to click in a whole new way? Like how pluto opposite saturn can mean issues with control in a relationship-- but seeing where (or perhaps when) it occurs based on the houses?

And yeah, right?! A ton of oppositions, jeez, Leo opp Aquarius, Libra opp Aries, Sagi opp Gemini!

In regards to the questions about the oppositions, I´d love to share, but it´s a bit of private information, I´ll give a heads up now that I´ll message you my "Cosmette lore", feel free to open it if interested, maybe you already saw something like that happening from our synastry. I never knew that oppositions in the social houses would mean "embarrassment" or "crash and burn" but it blew me away that you called that.

Short answer, though: Yes!
September 17, 2021 at 22:16
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » Moon_Queen
Must been one of the biggest compliments I ever had. I feel recognized and thank you. I sometimes wish love wasn´t so complicated too... 😔
September 17, 2021 at 21:23
(Aries) ram_goat » Cosmette
We have some relationship planets, but they´re pretty much on the bottom half of our charts, the slower moving planets and generational ones, I know some people who wouldn´t even read those in synastry!

Oh, these matter.. a lot. But people only see this later on, further down the road.

But it sounds like you understand this already.

Most who come in here asking the things you ask have idiotic, childish minds
and their questions are commensurately juvenile and shallow.

You seem to have thought this through rather well. At some point synastry and charts cease to be guides. We have free will and the ability to make moral choices- both right and wrong. At a certain point 2 people make a choice to commit to each other and face the future, no matter what may come. Read the text and contemplate the meaning the words of traditional wedding vows of any religion that has them. That is the next phase of emotional and intellectual maturity for adult people, not endlessly examining charts looking for outside validation of what we think, feel, and already know in our hearts.

At this point you might learn more by discussing with him why his first marriage failed, with a mind towards avoiding the creation of that same dynamic in your relationship with him.

His answers to that question would be a good thing to place alongside your charts and consider.

It seems like a hell of a lot of your oppositions are concentrated on houses 9,11,5 and 3.

the houses ruling: Public image/public standing, communication, family, higher learning.

Care to comment on that? Have you ever hit the rails as a couple and "crashed and burned" publically, visibly, embarassingly?

You can also "beat" squares and oppositions, if you are sensitive and emotionally intelligent, and mature (but sadly most people are not these things..), so it´s possible for squares and opp´s never to end in tragedy, though that is rare in this world, people being such as they are..

His birth chart could shed some light on where his head is at, what his issues are. Yours looks pretty good, like anyone, you have your rough edges, but really not such a bad chart compared to many that come here asking the identical questions you ask here.

September 17, 2021 at 18:05
(Sagittarius) Cosmette » cubic
I could believe that also! I think with him being a Gemini, someone said that they perform the best almost with younger partners, their playful and goofiness seems to be complimentary! We also love to joke around almost non-stop. The house is full of laughter always.
He´s taught me so much about just growing up, too, he likes that I´m mature in some facets, isn´t a fan of me being immature in other facets- but tells me often about why patience and time are so important. That´s guided me through a lot of experiences, I think, and helped me grow. They say saturn opposite saturn isn´t usually the best, but I´ve read articles similar to what you say where some people really don´t notice it that much in the relationship, because it was already at the forefront when these two people met who were obviously older/younger than the other.
September 17, 2021 at 18:02
(Sagittarius) Cosmette » Catch-22
Yeah, I´ve seen that in the forums, I´ve been on other forums and have seen that again, too. By no means is there ever issue with looking, because I think it´s fun, but I do often have friends who come to me asking for me to read their synastry with their crush- and I´m like girl!! You guys aren´t even dating yet!! :´^)

I laugh when I talk about my synastry with my partner, because we just- God- we click.

We don´t always get along, or see eye-to-eye, we have differences, but why is that all bad? He actually ended a relationship with someone he had better synastry with that he had been with for some time that I remember talking to him about. It goes to show that synastry is the road map to love, or the potential. What we have to fine tune, or work on getting around, but it is never the deciding factor for "happily ever after", nothing is. And these challenges, squares/oppositions, situations in life, they will push us closer together if we allow them. I feel like we´ve really done that.

I can´t say I posted this to have anyone confirm that he likes me, because I know he loves me so much after everything we´ve been through. So, I can appreciate and enjoy whatever anyone has to say on it, for better and for worse. I think this synastry is also the best to post, for this particular reason, because we don´t have "classic romance synastry" yet, our love is like something out of a romcom, it´s so wonderful :^)
September 17, 2021 at 17:53
(Sagittarius) Cosmette » 11
Hahah you right, you right :´^) I love it though!

We have some relationship planets, but they´re pretty much on the bottom half of our charts, the slower moving planets and generational ones, I know some people who wouldn´t even read those in synastry! I´m not sure if should be considered as white noise or not, but also, I suppose why would I want it to when it fits the "romance" narrative so well ;^) wink wonk

You´d be right, I think! I love that you said that, too, our relationship has been EMPHASIZED on growth! Especially with his contact to my north node, I´ve never felt more accepted by someone- or so loved or met with patience. Funny, considering he´s an Aries venus, but WHEW I love it! I´m a better person by being with him, and while my moon doesn´t touch his north node, he says I help him become more kind, sensitive, and understanding of people... which is all I could ever ask for in a partner. Someone willing to change for the better for themselves. Not because they feel that they have to, not because they feel like it´s what a partner wants, just welcoming these changes, like I´m welcoming these changes, and becoming different for the better, not one another.

He does want kids and marriage! Maybe a kid, since he does have one from a previous relationship, but definitely to be married, it´s something he says he looks forwards to.

You mention my uranus, and I think I have a strong Cancer moon that loves to take care of others, and I imagine since uranus is domicile that it´ll perform well in any air house. Especially when it´s also saturnian! So I think we´d have a family that looks different, but is full of love! I do like commitment, I am however notoriously picky (poor guy definitely had to work for this). But, man, when in love? I´m a push-over for him hahah :´^) I think we´d have a stable and solid life together, which I feel warm towards. I´ve grown up in turbulence, and haven´t known stability, or family, so it´s something that he gives me, and it´s grounding. Since we´re both air and fire, we love excitement and to joke around, but I think there´s this aspect of "within reason" in anything we do. It feels good, feels right.

Does that kinda make sense?
September 17, 2021 at 09:16
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Catch-22
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I sadly have to agree with this :24:
Especially when it comes from someone with 8th house Aqua SN :191: Sun :191: Moon since with this position you are definitely competent to talk about love.
September 17, 2021 at 06:39
(Aquarius) Catch-22
Honestly, I think this is a point.

People join the community, ask for advice about a synastry of their latest pick-up at the party and then disappear into oblivion. Like there´s only sex and dating and astrology has nothing to offer except that.

Besides... What you gonna do without a solid foundation if you find a lot of squares in synastries? You gonna dump the person on the spot "to save time"? Even if you two are fine together?

The stars guide, they don´t decide. It´s what you make of it. Love is a verb.
September 17, 2021 at 06:17
(Leo) cubic
" Plop onto that we are a 17 or so year age gap. I have my own theories on why this all seems to work"

Age gap creates a potentially very positive gender polarization. The experienced partner can understand and answer the needs of the younger relatively easy and without much effort if there is good will, which creates a positive feedback loop of appreciation, and with that foundation a lot of other things start going very smoothly. Usually works best when the guy is the older one, yep.

It´s why we get the occasional excited post about why such and such synastry works where there is a significant gap.
September 17, 2021 at 04:37
(Pisces) 11
It’s all for fun - says leo asc with sun and sag stellium in 5th House :75:

Not so romantic indeed if that all falls in his 3rd - very intellectually stimulating connection, always something to talk about and you can do it in a nice manner, if planet energies are so matching like yours.

Oppositions are nothing bad. Challenging aspects in general allows you to grow, I think it’s always welcomed, if they don’t dominate.

Your 7th h ruler :157: is conj his :154: , which maybe has to do with the age gap.

Interesting you say HE wants kids and marriage. Your :199: on DSC.
That could be something you want later in life?
September 17, 2021 at 00:51
(Taurus) Rosincvist
Like Science Fiction, Astrology is a drug, someone entering a new relationship might choose to dry out for the Younger Dryas! :98:
Even though it counts less, men also have a "biological clock" so he may be thinking "Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee!" :43:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Capricorn Capricorn
Show calendar »