Moon signs ranking: the best and the worst

June 8, 2021 at 08:06 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) SagMeister
Moon signs ranking: the best and the worst
No insults or judgments, just an interesting discussion about your favorite moon sign and the one you connect with the least. I´m just curious :152:

Posts in topic

Page: 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Sort posts:
June 12, 2021 at 15:01
(Scorpio) TheFool » Anni23
Hahha you are right !
being a Scorpio square leo moon I can totally agree on this, I tend to take things a bit personally.
June 12, 2021 at 09:32
(Leo) Anni23 » TheFool
To be honest I have known mainly Scorpio-sags so I am mainly familiar with the combined energy of these two signs. Yes which is a interesting intersection of characteristics! though I think exacerbates certain qualities.. they do seem to take A Lot personally actually, even those things that apply to everyone, they do not understand how they could not work the way they think they should! 😂
And the touchiness and imagined hurt omg.
Of course they also have strong morals.. but sometimes I wonder if they are worth knowing.

Fire and water combined (depending on the signs though) is a heady mix! Perhaps even double fire cannot match it hehe (unless it involves Aries 😂)

I don´t think I would necessarily mind either Saggitarius or Scorpio separately though. And I understand that a lot of Scorpios have some planets in libra.
Thank God for air and earth is all I can say.
June 11, 2021 at 11:46
Very true, from my own experience scorpio have
More of an emotional integrity where sagi its more of an personal integrity, Exemple the scorpio will be very clear if he feels disrespected or attacked, he will strike back but the Sagi will be more strick with his philosophy and his ideals, I often felt like they try force their optimism on me. Maybe thats is just a little clash we have though!

I was interested in all the qualities that you can feel in each sign transit like the exemple you give from Scorpio to Sagittarius.
June 11, 2021 at 11:13
(Aquarius) viv
best moons? for which person? i think we tend to get what we need..

my moons Gemini so Im interested in every one, I can chit chat but actually theres introversion too I have trine to Aq sun so I feel completed with Libra moon people.

Big emotional connections for me with water moons, which I may love but dont always like!
June 11, 2021 at 10:50
(Leo) Anni23 » TheFool
Wow yeah, earth really does add that grounding quality.. otherwise I most sags I know just say whatever they like that comes into their minds lol. Not meaning that I don´t like them as they usually seem to mean well. Of course with Scorpio being one of the neighbour signs some of them have "the double effect of Saggitarius- Scorpio" however which makes them considerably less affable and spontaneous than I imagine they other would be. But they do have integrity which can be hard to come by..

As for Leo´s yes I would say most are very jolly and easy going, though not everyone likes to talk about this. (Just noticed that your moon is in Leo and your a water rooster too haha) I can say though if I was more Leo and less cancer-virgo that may be better for my mood lol. Though as I suppose is typical with virgo I don´t let this spill onto my social life and I keep it under control ha.
June 11, 2021 at 08:50
There you go that is why I love virgos so much!!
The women I had the most love for was a Virgo Capricorn Sag
Obviously she had a bit of difficulty expressing her
Emotions she would have use a bit more Leo or Cancer but she was so gentle and respectful, always trying to serves others, at the same time even such focus on her sefl development . I had never seen something so pure( i mean we all have shadow sides but still)

I like Leo a lot too tho, I met a Leo sun Leo moon and she is literally sunshine, glad shes my neighbor! 🌞

But yes I totally agree, finding that balance is crucial to have an healthy communication, and yes opinions said in respect have no reason to hurt anyone. Unless it wakes up
Some demons, then those needed to come out a day or
Another!
June 11, 2021 at 08:28
(Leo) Anni23 » TheFool
Yup. Though I was born right on the cusp of oscillation :61:
(Thank God for my Virgo moon I guess)
Your right often it´s about being able to ascertain when what you might say will have any impact>become a discussion.
And at other times even to just state your opinon when you know it won´t be received badly I think can be an aim in of itself. (Though if it won´t have any effect there are times I might not get involved, but then usually the stakes aren´t high or actually don´t implicate me lol) for the most part opinions when they mainly pertain to ourselves don´t hurt.
June 11, 2021 at 07:47
(Aquarius) Captain Flint
I really enjoy Leo Moon, personally.
June 10, 2021 at 20:59
(Aquarius) sharonanne » csrsc
haha

idk.. cancer moon may be too much for me..
June 10, 2021 at 20:45
(Virgo) csrsc » sharonanne
A Moon in Cancer that takes care of them emotionally haha
June 10, 2021 at 20:23
(Aquarius) sharonanne
Not much love for us Cappy Moons..

I know we can seem gloomy and unromantic but we just need someone to melt our iced heart that is Moon in Capricorn. Haha..
June 10, 2021 at 20:14
(Virgo) powerofuniverse » SagMeister
> I believe it is a positive, warm and protective positioning, even if it can lead to some difficulty in anger management.

--> Sure, Aries Moon like any other Moon sign has its qualities and flaws but I personally think they have more qualities than flaws :1: Aries Moon are kinda warmful and positive yeah :75: They have a bit to work on about impatience and anger indeed but I think it´s not such a big challenge if they´re influenced by good people around them who have a soothing effect on them and if they also make the effort to get better.

> Anyway it´s not self-promotion ahah
--> HAHA stop boasting sagmeister :4::4: :4:

> I like the moon in aries but I hate other aspects of my chart.
--> Lol why so ? For my part, I just HATE my Aqua Moon conjunct Uranus :47: :47: :85: :85: :61: :61: but then I´m ok with my others planets :1: :1: or let´s say I accept them :61: :61:
June 10, 2021 at 19:43
(Sagittarius) MagentaP » LotusStar
Thanks for the thoughts LotusStar...

No, I am exactly the opposite. I need a free-flowing unstructured, no regimes envirnoment. I would die with a schedule. Disciplined is not how someone would describe me. Hard-working (when it is necessary) yes, disciplined not at all. I procrastinate until it is absolutely necessary and have been known to regularly break the rules. I absolutely without reservation would never keep something to myself and never suffer in silence. That would be impossible. I would burst to keep anything bothering me to myself. I always spit out what I am thinking and my emotions are clear for all to see. The anti- Cap moon. This is why I am so confused a Cap moon is in my chart.

It must be the Uranian OOB vibe....which puts me out of bounds - ie. not a Cap moon....

Would love to hear if anyone else has the same extreme disconnect with their moon....

Many thanks for the thoughts... :74:
June 10, 2021 at 18:47
(Virgo) LotusStar » MagentaP
Do you have a strong need for order, structure, regimens, discipline? Do you like to always keep busy and keep a tightly run schedule? These are also some traits. Not every Capricorn Moon is reserved. I have found them to be pretty direct. If they don´t like something they have no problems saying it. They don´t like to be a burden to others so if they are going through something personal they might not talk about it and instead suffer in silence, but if something or someone bothers them, they can confront it, in my experience. Chiron conjunct the Moon definitely makes more emotional though and OOB gives a Uranian vibe.
June 10, 2021 at 16:01
(Sagittarius) MagentaP » csrsc
Yes, thanks for that test method. I have tried it and I identify with the emotional nature of an Aries moon, or Gemini moon, or Sag Moon. A Cap moon is not me. I don´t hold in my emotions, quite the opposite. My husband describes my emotional state as: "emotional, expressive, volatile (totally disagree!), combustible"- in other words anti-Capricorn (which is usually described as reserved, holding emotions back, distant).This is why it is such a mystery to me - I just don´t feel a Cap Moon. Nobody would describe me as emotionally reserved. I feel it - I express it - I say it. That is how I have always been. I am not shy about feeling and expressing. Thanks for your thoughts on this! I really appreciate it! The mystery continues.... :17:
June 10, 2021 at 16:00
(Sagittarius) MagentaP » (dragonfly)
Yes, thanks for thinking out loud! I noticed that too. Sidereal is also Cap Moon. Indeed, I ignore Sidrereal because it puts my Sag sun(which I fully feel) into Scorpio (which I do not feel at all).

I have to look into your idea of Chiron conjunct Saturn...interesting take. Thanks for the idea...

If only I knew anything about Heliocentric which puts my moon at Gemini - that would be a better description of my emotional nature...

Thanks again for you thoughts! I really appreciate it! :68:
June 10, 2021 at 15:57
(Sagittarius) MagentaP » SagMeister
Thanks very much for your thoughts....

I think I focus on the ´moon´ as mostly how you show/use your emotions. I just asked my husband, he describes my emotional state as: "emotional, expressive, volatile (totally disagree!), combustible"- in other words anti-Capricorn (which is usually described as reserved, holding emotions back, distant). From an early age I have spontaneously expressed emotions with ease. If I feel it, I speak it , I express it (very Sag like).

On your point of Cap moons ´needing´ to be of help to others. I would not say I have a ´need´ for that. I do, however, feel responsible to do so. If someone has a problem and I can help, I spring into immediate action to help.

The one Cap descriptor I do identify with is the ´prediction´ of a Cap Moon childhood circumstance - hardship and the child taking on responsibilities of an adult, etc.

I have been thinking since my moon is out of bounds (OOB), maybe it is not defined by the CAP constellation. Indeed none of the Cap descriptors are right for me (including Cap Venus which is also OOB, nor Cap MC ). I have a lot of CAP, but feel almost none of it - not reserved, not emotionally reserved, not traditional, not career driven, no need to be important/well known. I have to think the disconnect must have something to do with my OOB Cap placements....

Thanks a bunch for your thoughts on this...very much appreciated! :74:
June 10, 2021 at 14:21
(Virgo) csrsc » MagentaP
You have to compare yourself with other people to notice the difference, sometimes our energy becomes VERY familiar to us, since it is what we have been handling since we were born, but once you start to see several moons and start to analyze the different patterns of behaviors alien to yours is when you can make a great contrast with your energy, try trying moons VERY contrasting to yours to make it easier for you.

A Moon in Aries would be the optimal example, as it squares your Moon.

Besides that the Moons in Capricorn tend a lot to suppress their emotions, they are people of ´´ ice ´´, of course, their dispositor Sautrno, and other aspects of the chart can help this moon, otherwise, and in my personal experience With the moons in Capricorn that I have known, WHEN THEY DON´T WANT TO FEEL, THEY REALLY DON´T FEEL.
June 10, 2021 at 14:19
(Cancer) Ren'Dorei
Well, they all have white and black like everything and everyone. BUT! I really cant stand not only gemini moon of mine, but all of them.. like, they are toooooo much and fun fact, im biggest introvert
June 10, 2021 at 13:54
(Gemini) (dragonfly) » MagentaP
That´s interesting, because I looked at your chart and also in sidereal your Moon is in Capricorn. I wonder if maybe the conjunction of Chiron with Saturn, which is the Moon´s dispositor has something to do with you not identifying with that constellation.

It probably doesn´t make sense. I´m just thinking out loud ;-)
June 10, 2021 at 13:44
(Gemini) SagMeister » MagentaP
What I learnt about moon sign is that it represent our essence according to astrology. So according to your birth chart your ego is saggitarius but your deep nature, your emotions, you under the mask is a cap.

The difference between sun and moon is the difference that there is between ego and essence.

And the essence of a cap moon is to be important, useful for the outside world, a need to be considered useful/helpful from other people. Not in a cancery way but in a practical and realistic way, like you have a position in the world (even more cause your moon is in the 10th house). You dont see yourself in that?

Moon is often subconscious and we are not totally aware about it
June 10, 2021 at 12:34
(Sagittarius) MagentaP
I don´t feel my moon sign in anyway whatsoever. I have never found a descriptor of Cap moon which represents me.

Makes me wonder about the ´moon´ influence on the birthchart.
June 10, 2021 at 10:43
(Gemini) SagMeister » powerofuniverse
As a Moon in Aries, I can say that in my opinion what characterizes this position is a strong inner energy that always pushes towards something, a goal (even towards nothing at times). I believe it is a positive, warm and protective positioning, even if it can lead to some difficulty in anger management. Anyway it´s not self-promotion ahah, I like the moon in aries but I hate other aspects of my chart.
June 10, 2021 at 10:01
(Virgo) powerofuniverse » RohiniMoon
Interesting post !

From my experiences with Aries people, I can clearly relate to these facts :

> VIRGO takes ARIES’s honest criticism better than ARIES takes VIRGO’s.
VIRGO is the more self-analytical of the two of you and ARIES is likely to be impatient with this at times.

--> Yes :61: :61:

> "However, you can certainly learn from each other, and the differences in your personalities can be very attractive to you both."

--> very true !! I could learn a few things observing how Aries people do things. At highschool, I had a very good language teacher who´s Aries Sun and I could get very good marks thanks to her method which was very simple to use, she gave you many tools but easy to use and which go straight to the point (knowing that I´m bad at writing essays, dissertations, etc. lol).
I also have an Aries friend and I feel like we learn a lot from each other :1:
June 10, 2021 at 09:01
(Leo) LionFish
With my moon in Pisces I have a hard time with detached Aquarius Moons, and find Gemini and Libra moons work with an earth sign sun sign. To much air and I feel pouty and weepy and misunderstood (ever a Pisces Moon downside.)

My favorite moon signs tend to be earth signs because they stabilize me emotionally.

I LOVE Capricorn moons. With a rousing firesign sunsign to keep them from being too rigid, or a fun quirky air sign for lightening them up.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »