Thoughts on the similarities between "opposite" signs?

June 4, 2021 at 05:57 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Castlewallsxo
Thoughts on the similarities between "opposite" signs?
For example, Aries/Libra and Taurus/Scorpio.

I´m a Libra Sun, Taurus Moon & my best friend is an Aries Sun, Scorpio Moon. So, "opposites" for both sun and moon. We are so similar that people online have sometimes asked him if he was me.

We have joked that we are indeed the same person, but he´s a more extreme version of me, in a dark way. For example, we both love revenge movies (that´s how we met and bonded) but his taste includes movies that are too extreme/gorey for me to tolerate. He can also defend himself better than I can (although I´m good at defending others, I can start to cry when I´m personally targeted so that kinda throws a wrench in my self-defense).

I find it funny we are so similar, because Mars and Pluto are the rulers of war and death, whereas Venus is the ruler of peace and love (but don´t forget justice; there´s a reason Saturn is exalted in Libra).

What are your thoughts on "opposite" signs and their similarities?

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
June 7, 2021 at 17:11
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » anotheralex
I don´t think Tauruses are more likely to be manipulative than other signs, but among people who are manipulative, Tauruses are probably more likely to be successful at it because they´re more likely to be charismatic. (The Venusian energy makes them seem likeable even if they´re not.)
June 7, 2021 at 12:00
(Pisces) fishscales » anotheralex
I definitely have a weakness for Taurus girls...Venus and Mars in Taurus I guess...

When I was single, I definitely would not have minded being manipulated by a few of them...although the ones I knew were never like that...

Still...they definitely have the tools...at least for me...
June 7, 2021 at 11:53
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user anotheralex, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
« Obviously, everybody´s experience is different, and people are not just their sun sign...but I don´t think Taurus is a sign known for manipulation...that´s actually more Scorpio´s thing...so when a Taurus manipulates, that may be their shadow Scorpio side coming out right there... »

Yaa i thought about that right after sending this 😂😅
I also said that because I saw at some point that hitler and trump where taurus! Sorry for all the taurus for bringing that up.
But indeed like your saying, there is so much more than the sun sign.

«  ... the venusians qualiies » good call!
June 7, 2021 at 11:44
"I would say we also have a intense need for emotional security maybe thats our taurus side?"

Maybe. Scorpio tends to fulfill that need through control though...manipulation...which leads into your next question...

"Btw is there a reason why taurus are soo good at manipulating?"

Obviously, everybody´s experience is different, and people are not just their sun sign...but I don´t think Taurus is a sign known for manipulation...that´s actually more Scorpio´s thing...so when a Taurus manipulates, that may be their shadow Scorpio side coming out right there...

But of course, people are people, not sun signs, so there will certainly be Taureans who manipulate..

I´d say the reason they do so is, like ram said, out of fear...and the search for security.

I will say that Taureans have good tools to manipulate though...those Venusian qualities...
June 7, 2021 at 10:52
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ram_goat
System message: Post has been written by user anotheralex, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Wow guys your knowledge is beautiful, thank you for the answers, being a scorpio I would say we also have a intense need for emotional security maybe thats our taurus side?

Btw is there a reason why taurus are soo good at manipulating?
June 7, 2021 at 10:38
(Pisces) fishscales » ram_goat
"Taurus us also a very fearful sign. They operate based on fear, both in good and bad ways. Touch them in a place of fear within them, and eventually, you´ll get violence in response."

It´s that need for security...
June 7, 2021 at 10:27
(Aries) ram_goat » anotheralex
Of all the opposing signs taurus/scorpio seem to have the most potential to
get along great or to be the worst enemies.

Taurus builds up, Scorpio tears down. Each sign draws the other out of their
comfort zone. If you can´t make that work between you, then things are doomed.

Taurus us also a very fearful sign. They operate based on fear, both in good and bad ways. Touch them in a place of fear within them, and eventually, you´ll get violence in response.
June 7, 2021 at 10:26
Taurus is about building up, Scorpio is about tearing down...

Taurus is about accumulating, Scorpio is about purging...

There does need to be both...you can´t have an endless accumulation or an endless purge..

So the principles of one support the principles of the other...they allow them to happen..

As for how the qualities of one sign manifest in the other, this is a tricky one...

I think the shadow of Taurus exists in the Scorpionic unwillingness to change...it is a fixed sign after all...

But the shadow of Scorpio in Taurus...

You got me there...I could never quite figure that one out.

Taurean rage maybe? The steadiness, then the explosion...Scorpio does rule all things nuclear...

Maybe someone else could answer.
June 7, 2021 at 10:18
(Pisces) fishscales » Castlewallsxo
I didn´t say they were selfish, I said they represent the self...not neccesarily the same thing...

I definitely would not say I think all Aries are selfish...just as I would not (by a long shot) say that all Librans are selfless...

It´s more a matter of where a sign is grounded, what it´s center of gravity is...
June 7, 2021 at 07:43
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
=====
Very interesting, I always had a hard time understanding thst « kernel » about Scorpio/taurus. What do you think?

I have mysefl been in a 2 years relationship with a taurus wich was the most toxic relationship I ever had( I was pretty young though ) .

But yea what do you think is that principe that they both have in common?
June 6, 2021 at 18:18
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » fishscales
I don´t think Aries are as selfish as that would imply, though. Aries were more likely than many other signs to risk their lives by not submitting to the oppressive Nazi regime.
June 6, 2021 at 11:13
(Pisces) fishscales » Castlewallsxo
"Can you elaborate on what you mean by this: "they are both expressing the same principle, albeit from different ends of the spectrum."?

If you take the Libra/Aries axis, Aries represents the self, and Libra represents "the other".

Both of those concepts are dependent upon eachother.

The "self" of Aries is largely defined by interaction with others (Libra), and of course, there can be no interaction with others without the self (Aries).

The way I see it, the second sign in the polarity (in terms of zodiacal order) is the culmination of the "mission" of the first sign. However, the qualities of the first sign are not just abandoned or "grown out of" : they are absolutely neccesary to keep that particular astrological axis alive, healthy, and functional.

Using Libra and Aries as an example again...you can´t have a healthy partnership unless you have two (relatively) healthy "selves."
June 6, 2021 at 08:58
(Aries) ram_goat » Castlewallsxo
Strangely or not.. WW2 was fought while Pluto was in Cancer..

I have also noticed that Cancer was oddly underrepresented among high level
Nazis. Usually you find the cancers among the artists and intellectuals on the "anti" side of things.

Aquarius/Uranus is the planet of egoistic liberty

Pisces/Neptune it the planet of non-egoistic liberty. A sign where the ego is
dissolved. Yet all humans have ego, so you can understand the difficulty this sign has. Neptune also rules illusion, creativity, the 12th house. Many Pisces have a difficult time balancing these things within themselves. Pisces Steve Jobs was a perfect example of this conflict within the soul of pisces. Those two fish swimming in opposite directions.

It´s a bit more complicated than AQ´s task.

There have been some atypical rule breaking pisces- George Washington, for one.

Maybe you just have to be born into the right era in history, and your inner problems and challenges flow in the same direction as the universe. Some very fortunate pisces lives.
June 6, 2021 at 08:00
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » ram_goat
Also, about Pisces - one of the most shocking things I learned in my experiments is that Pisces make up 17.5% of the cannibals in the Astroseek database. I noticed that Pisces also come up a lot when I read stories of criminals doing creatively demented things. Like Joel Guy Jr who stabbed and dismembered his parents and beheaded his mother and cooked her head in a pot of boiling water.

I also noticed a lot of Pisces celebrities act outrageous and extremely weird, like Aquariuses are stereotyped. For example, Grimes is a Pisces who has such an obsession with being weird that she named her child XÆA-Xii. Then there´s Ashnikko - this music video is Halloween-themed but it´s really not much weirder than the stuff she usually makes. https://www.youtube.com/watch/…

Unsurprisingly, Ashnikko and Grimes are friends, and when Ashnikko met Grime´s partner Elon Musk in one of their public livestreams together, one of the first things she mentioned was that her long nails make it difficult to wipe herself after using the bathroom - because that´s definitely a normal thing to say to someone you just met & on a livestream in front of thousands of people.

But yeah, many Pisces are really weird. Often weirder than Aquariuses.
YouTube
YouTube
June 6, 2021 at 07:35
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » ram_goat
Yeah, I was going to mention Taurean Nazis but I didn´t want to go too far off-topic. Even Hitler was a Taurus - it´s weird because Taurus is ruled by Venus. However, Hitler did have Venus in retrograde. I think that being a Taurus gave him the charisma and apparent likeability that gave him the opportunity to rise to power. Ruled by Venus, Tauruses can be loving and peaceful, but Hitler didn´t connect to that characteristic, but he did lean into the charisma, which ended up disastrous because it was not tempered by a benevolent nature.

I noticed that in the Astroseek database of 40 Nazis, only 22.5% are cardinal sun signs, 37.5% are mutable sun signs, and 40% are fixed sun signs. The only cardinal sun sign not underrepresented among Nazis is Capricorn, comprising 12.5% of Nazis, higher than their 8% of the general population. In contrast, Libras and Aries each comprise 5% of Nazis, and there are no Nazis with a Cancer sun sign in the Astroseek database. I wonder why Capricorns are the only cardinal sign that is not underrepresented, but is in fact overrepresented, among Nazis (at least in the Astroseek database).

Interestingly, while cardinal water (Cancer) makes up the lowest percentage of Nazis, fixed water (Scorpio) makes up the highest percentage (15%).
June 6, 2021 at 06:37
(Aries) ram_goat » Castlewallsxo
Aries being overrepresented among human rights activists & underrepresented among Nazis,

Aries is pioneering, forward looking and has a sense of mercy for the weak, if not fairness like libra.

You´ll find a shocking number of Sag/Pisces/Gemini/Taurus Nazis.

so I think that Aries also strive for justice, even if they do it in a more aggressive way than Libras.

correct. The exodus in the Bible also marked the transition from the age of Taurus to the age of Aries. You can see Taurean aesthetics and values in the civilization of ancient Egypt, their worship of bulls, sacrifice of bulls, and taurean values like comfort and the building of pyramids designed to stand for eternity. Opposite polarity of scorpio was also present in religious thought, dark ideas about the afterlife. A cult of the dead and afterlife. Ideas about death & rebirth.

In the arian age, sacrifice of bulls changed to the sacrifice of lambs and goats, a shift in focus to monotheism, the libra counter polarity of law (roman law..) large complexly stratified societies, cities, legal systems, but also war, empire.. Religious practice shifted from ancient tradition and ritual, towards prophecy and revelation as inspirations.
June 6, 2021 at 05:52
Can you elaborate on what you mean by this: "they are both expressing the same principle, albeit from different ends of the spectrum."?

Because I think you´re onto something there.

Libra is associated with justice and fairness, which is true, but I´ve also done some experiments researching zodiac signs of different groups of people, and I´ve noticed Aries being overrepresented among human rights activists & underrepresented among Nazis, so I think that Aries also strive for justice, even if they do it in a more aggressive way than Libras.

There´s also the opposing signs of Leo and Aquarius - the common feature being that they both seem to want to stand out and be unique.

Is there any information on the principles expressed by the different sets of opposing signs?
June 6, 2021 at 03:09
(Capricorn) Jaided
I´m with a Cancer and I´m a Capricorn, we also have opposing Venus signs. But the catch is he is such a 10th house stellium, as well as 3 outer planets in Capricorn I feel like he´s more Capricorn than I am in some ways, lol. And our Venus signs may be opposing (Aquarius is me, and Leo is him) , but I´m 5th house and he is 11th.

Sun sign opposites seem to work just fine in my observations because everything else in the chart affects so much too. I know quite a few of all opposing signs in long term marriages or lifetime friendships. They aren´t really the same to me, but they bring sides out of each other that make it seem that way when they are together.
June 6, 2021 at 03:02
(Capricorn) Jaided » Cind
The way you described a Taurus moon and Scorpio moon is why I love being a Taurus moon in 8th house. I feel like I am all these things, lol.
June 6, 2021 at 02:14
(Aries) Wolfmoon » rohini moon
7th house moons... what a blast... :2:
June 6, 2021 at 01:03
I don´t feel like "a kernel" adequately describes how much me and my friend have in common though

This is his chart btw
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
June 5, 2021 at 11:15
(Pisces) fishscales
All signs have a kernel of their opposing sign within them, like the yin-yang symbol.

Similarities exist between them because they are both expressing the same principle, albeit from different ends of the spectrum.

Ideally, we should strive to integrate that "kernel" of the opposing sign within ourselves to be able to express (and learn the lessons of) the astrological axis in question.

The clue to do this exists in the first opposing sign, Libra, which is all about balance, equilibrium.
June 5, 2021 at 00:37
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » Zephyrin
Leos and Aquariuses also both want to stand out.
June 4, 2021 at 21:23
(Leo) Zephyrin
Hmm, there is a huge mountain between them but somehow they are similar. I hope I don´t find an Aquarius lover...

Leo and Aquarius... :28:

-They both hate to admit everything, everything that makes them feel vulnerable.

-Both love themselves lol

-They are selfish and fearful when it comes to love, intimacy etc.
June 4, 2021 at 20:25
(Libra) Castlewallsxo » astreo
My friend and I have very few difficulties. The few times we´ve argued, it´s usually because one of us misunderstood the other. He and I are both pretty stubborn but luckily we agree on almost everything so it doesn´t cause tension between us. (My Aries mom is another story.)
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »