Venus - Sun aspects vs Venus - Rising

February 26, 2021 at 20:19 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) nutelina
Venus - Sun aspects vs Venus - Rising
What are your opinions, which one is better?

I guess Venus - rising is more intimate. Venus - Sun aspects are more akin to parent child relationships, ie. there´s that looking up to?

Some background:

Venus - Asc
https://www.starsandtarot.com/post/…

Sun - Venus
https://cafeastrology.com/synastry/…
https://12andus.com/blog/view/…

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 4, 2021 at 02:06
(Taurus) Rosincvist » nutelina
Sun semisextile :154: :197: Ascendant/ :199:erschel; An anguish of aptitude extending into past-lives!
March 3, 2021 at 22:01
(Taurus) nutelina » rohini moon
My best friend was Libra with Scorpio moon around when I was 8-12 years old. Talk about opposites!

Who knows! :46:

Virgo North Node :3:
February 28, 2021 at 21:15
(Virgo) rohini moon » nutelina
Hahah maybe you just attract us Virgo´s!

You know, in Vedic you´re a Pisces Sun... Opposites may attract
February 28, 2021 at 21:13
(Taurus) nutelina » LotusStar
LOL, I didn´t immediately see you replied as well.

>I myself don´t feel much a fighter... My life is consumed more with relationships and interests in arts and music (aside from astrology). Sure that´s one effect of Sun/Venus conjunction natally too.

From my experience, Leo women are fighters, more so than men.

In the Western system I seem miss a connection to the parents. I know Saturn is usually father like, Moon mother like but then what is the Sun, the becoming of the individual? I mean I expected more depth, maybe Vedic offers that connection to the family.

Yes we´ve gone a bit off topic but I don´t get why no one else besides you two are commenting... I´m starting to wonder if I did something wrong...
February 28, 2021 at 21:12
(Virgo) LotusStar » rohini moon
:62:

Yep. Which reminds me... I have stuff to post on there soon. Lol :4:
February 28, 2021 at 21:09
Of course I like LotusStar!!

We bonded over my "so it begins" post. That´s where she first appeared, and She actually agreed with me. Very rare that I find that....not to mention she sees what I see. . Very much enjoy talking to her one on one as well. :4:
February 28, 2021 at 21:05
So you like Lotusstar?

More and more people are into Vedic. If I weren´t so occupied with work and trying to get higher up I´d invest more time into it.
February 28, 2021 at 19:24
(Virgo) LotusStar » rohini moon
I immediately liked Rohini. I find her fair and kind, she doesn´t get into petty arguments needlessly but she will defend something or call out bs when it needs to be. Maybe it is Saturn in Libra indeed, because that is the ultimate fair judge, and Libras respect that.

I myself don´t feel much a fighter... My life is consumed more with relationships and interests in arts and music (aside from astrology). Sure that´s one effect of Sun/Venus conjunction natally too.

In Vedic, I think Sun describes more the father esp for a woman (my dad was pretty dictatorial), and the personality is more based on Moon and ascendant and its lord, and especially their nakshatras. With that, the accuracy is very good. I´m pretty bossy for a Virgo trust me 😛 Leo is a good sign for Sun but the biggest problem is they hate taking orders from others, they want to call the shots and are independent. I have Saturn aspect that keeps my ego in check, plus my ascendant lord falls in Virgo 12 house. I´m just getting into it but I like it so far. If you just read one placement it won´t make sense but if you look at the whole chart interpretation it paints a very accurate picture.

Anyways sorry dont mean to hijack the thread or make it about me :61:

I will say one thing as someone who has Moon/Chiron like you Nuti, the conjunction feels a little more extra sensitive and touchy because of it... Where otherwise I personally feel this connection is amazing if you´re someone who values emotional intimacy highly. Moon is not that competitive so I wouldn´t worry about that kind of thing, Moon is emotionally supportive energy. Also the house it falls to remains important too as that´s mainly the area where the emotional support will be shown.
February 28, 2021 at 18:47
I get along well with Libra risings - the ones who were Librans in Vedic, anyway. Females more so, though, I´m not sure why. Female Librans seem to be very easy-going with me.. I seem to remain less defensive around them as a whole. Not sure why again.

Maybe it´s my Saturn in Libra. .
February 28, 2021 at 18:02
>Yes we do, lol. But according to Vedic, I´m a Leo Sun/Libra rising instead. I´ve been getting into it more lately.

Rohini is not going to like that hehe :21: Talking about Mars and Sun.

So that´s why you talk about combustion because according to Vedic you would be Leo with Libra rising, well you might act that way, it´s hard to tell, I wouldn´t someone is Leo when they are Virgo, big difference. Taurus men are very shy compared to Aries. Maybe Virgo and Leo are less different but they main difference would be doing things planned versus haphazard.

>Venus can idealize the Sun a little... but is there Neptune going on? I get it, too much idealism is not good either, if you put someone on a pedestal the fall can be brutal.

I´m trying to maintain a healthy measure. It sure helps we both have moon in Taurus although it´s annoying how much we want to stick to your own set of values. With any conjunction there is the danger of competition.
February 27, 2021 at 18:49
(Virgo) LotusStar » nutelina
Well that´s why they say Sun/Venus combustion can burn up the good qualities of Venus and bring out the more negative ones like vanity, shallowness... I have the combustion, there´s some vanity, but being in Virgo, I think it helps keep it humble. If I catch myself being too vain or prideful, I feel disgusted with myself. I still think it adds sweetness though, especially in the evening star phase.

"Btw are you two both Virgo with Gemini moon and Scorpio rising?"

Yes we do, lol. But according to Vedic, I´m a Leo Sun/Libra rising instead. I´ve been getting into it more lately.

"Well I´m not sure, it seems kind of vain right now, with our Suns and Venuses... Like I cannot do anything wrong and I feel so noble."

Enjoy it while it lasts. :13: :20:

Venus can idealize the Sun a little... but is there Neptune going on? I get it, too much idealism is not good either, if you put someone on a pedestal the fall can be brutal.
February 27, 2021 at 17:03
Well I´m not sure, it seems kind of vain right now, with our Suns and Venuses... Like I cannot do anything wrong and I feel so noble. I think me rising feels overlooked... :61: Or maybe it´s Lilith :20:

My ex has Sun Venus, she is sexy but vain... shallow..

Btw are you two both Virgo with Gemini moon and Scorpio rising? :61: :75:
February 27, 2021 at 16:25
Yup, it´s a wide orb but it is there. Foreign... I´m not sure cuz I´m half Czech and living here a long time. I think it´s more of an illusion to be looking for girls half the world away.

Btw, so now I´m worthy of being in the Vedic system huh? :2:

Well I´m willing to escape this Covid shit cuz I don´t like restrictions. And Uranus in 5th :63:
February 26, 2021 at 22:54
(Virgo) LotusStar
In synastry I prefer Sun/Venus. Sun gets approval from Venus almost effortlessly and at a more fundamental level.

With the rising, I feel it´s a little more superficial. Yes Venus likes the appearance of the ascendant and it´s flattering, but it can feel too much like being under a spotlight. Well this been my experience. And feels a subtle pressure to always be nice and cordial which sometimes prevent more "raw" emotions from being expressed. Being Scorpio rising I find this annoying. Maybe it´s just me. It´s still a positive connection, but just if I had to chose between the two I prefer the Sun.

In a natal chart though, Venus/rising is better. Sun with Venus especially combustion actually said to weaken Venus...
February 26, 2021 at 22:15
9 th house is also the house of luck...

"For a male, Venus in Ninth House gives good chances of meeting future spouse while traveling to a foreign country. Spouse may even be of foreign origin. There are always chances of starting an off-shore business if Venus is in good condition. Venus can make native a foreign diplomat who enjoys life on foreign shores.."

But....it´s opposing your Saturn, so there´s that.... Could restrict it, or make it very difficult.
February 26, 2021 at 22:12
In your Vedic chart, you have Venus in Aquarius, in the 9th house. Would indicate a foreign (to you) spouse.. 9th house is the house of long distance travel, so, not too foreign - but foreign enough :61:
February 26, 2021 at 21:48
I´m looking at having it both ways, lucky me I guess. Venus in Pisces and Venus in Aries. Found out at least two exes had Venus in Aries. :6: :16: :20:
February 26, 2021 at 21:28
It depends... If Venus is stronger, than yes. In my case, no. Sun holds the lowest degree, so it´s much stronger than Venus. . And the "conjunction" is far apart.. Too far to be combust.
February 26, 2021 at 21:20
"But we´re also lacking in following through with things. The initiative can falter with this placement, sometimes."

Yup, that´s what I think too. It could make the Sun feel kind of vain...
February 26, 2021 at 21:09
(Virgo) rohini moon
I don´t really think either one is better... Probably a subjective question..

I have Sun/Venus conjunct in Virgo.... We´re good and detailed in line with anything beauty and/or creative... Being artistic, definitely..... But we´re also lacking in following through with things. The initiative can falter with this placement, sometimes.

As for child/parent relationship.. I have it in my 11th house. So I did receive gains in life from my father, and I also did see him as a friend. A buddy, in my adult life. .But still, never lost sight of the authority he did convey, especially when I was a kid.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »