Out of sign aspects in synastry

January 19, 2021 at 06:11 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) Solstice20
Out of sign aspects in synastry
Are these aspects significant? Has anyone else experienced these in synastry?

Example: my sun is pisces and my partner’s sun is leo. By sign, we are considered a quincunx/ inconjuct aspect. However, my sun pisces (29.29 degrees) creates a trine aspect with his sun leo (1.23 degrees). His moon in Aquarius (0.01 degrees) sextiles my sun too, even though pisces and aquarius aren’t traditionally compatible. I feel like we get along and flow together quite easily.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 22, 2021 at 14:17
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Strictly following the rule that luminaries ( :27: & :116: ) get more orb you have an empowering quincunx to work with!
January 21, 2021 at 11:27
(Cancer) ZynCitrus
I think that´s a matter of the system. In tropical we pay more attention to degrees and have a system how many degrees orb will you give to sun moon jupiter and so on...so if we see pluto in the first degree of libra and moon at the last degree of virgo, we can´t deny influence...

In vedic system where whole reading goes in different way you will not take that in to consideration but you will come there with other combinations... maybe it was bad example to use pluto, but take saturn it´doesnt matter... on the other side they read together 3 planets where 2 are in 15 degrees from the third one, but taking nakshatras in consideration, so it´s debatable if it read like one sign anyway

so both ways are right and wrong but what both systems agree on is you can´t just isolate that one aspect to tell you something
January 21, 2021 at 09:14
(Pisces) Solstice20 » LotusStar
Thank you, LotusStar for your insight. I’ve been trying to do a bit of research on this online. Basically, there’s not much about it. From what i’ve gathered, some astrologers seem to place relevance towards out of sign aspects, others not so. I do think you are right about the fact that issues and challenges can be dealt with a lot more smoothly. This has happened to us as well. I just find it so fascinating as I thought trines could only happen if you were from the same elemental triplicity.

I found a very helpful article that you might be interested in and helped me gain understanding of these aspects: https://www.llewellyn.com/journal/…
January 20, 2021 at 20:12
(Virgo) LotusStar
Thanks for this, I always wonder about this too. How seriously it needs to be taken or not...

Do you feel the effects of the incompatible signs at all?

I have Venus square Mars with someone in out of sign, I feel it still brings challenges of these aspects, the friction of Venus/Mars square and such issues, but a little easier to deal because they are in compatible signs, we are able to work through them for the most part.

In a way I almost feel they are harder to see though, we assume we´re on the same page and sometimes it´s like ...oh no, were really not.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »