Quote Of The Day Thread

July 3, 2019 at 14:55 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Quote Of The Day Thread
Post your favorite quotes: anything you find insightful, meaningful, funny, etc.

"These are the days that must happen to you" - Walt Whitman, from "Song of the Open Road"

Posts in topic

Page: / 24 

Sort posts:
February 7, 2022 at 13:45
(Sagittarius) RA_
"Fear... Don´t think about it rather enjoy loving your loved ones every single day and be grateful. Collect every hug and kiss and all the good things from them. Fill your life with so full of loving and making memories that you´ll have so much good stuff to remember when that moment comes by". - Brent Atwater
February 13, 2022 at 13:12
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep
the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

H. L. Mencken
February 14, 2022 at 03:29
(Sagittarius) RA_
"Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires; To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To know the pain of too much tenderness. To be wounded by your own understanding of love; And to bleed willingly and joyfully." –Kahlil Gibran
https://www.astro-seek.com/birth-ch…

Happy Valentine´s Day! to my friends here in Astro-Seek and also to everyone 🌹💛
February 18, 2022 at 07:12
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Sacrecoeur, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I am hurting...

...fortunately "the pain to remain tight in the bud, became greater than the pain it took to blossom!" :74:

- Anais Nin
February 18, 2022 at 11:07
(Pisces) fishscales
Thinking of disease constantly will intensify it. Feel always ´I am healthy in body and mind´.

Swami Sivananda
February 18, 2022 at 11:11
(Pisces) fishscales
"We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.”

George Carlin
February 20, 2022 at 15:08
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
"The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people."

Dr Martin L King
February 25, 2022 at 00:11
(Taurus) s81
"Life is too short to have enemies."

Ayrton Senna
February 25, 2022 at 03:29
(Sagittarius) RA_
"Of freedom and of pleasure
Nothing ever lasts forever
Everybody wants to rule the world"

- Tears for Fears

"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" is a new wave song. Its lyrics detail the desire humans have for control and power and centre on themes of corruption. https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/… <more>
March 6, 2022 at 14:24
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
´I am sick and tired of war. Its glory is all moonshine.

It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

War is hell.´

American Civil War General William Tecumseh Sherman
March 6, 2022 at 17:17
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Morena_Lu, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"Listen up—there’s no war that will end all wars,’ Crow tells me. ‘War breeds war. Lapping up the blood shed by violence, feeding on wounded flesh. War is a perfect, self-contained being. You need to know that."

Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore
March 7, 2022 at 01:46
(Pisces) fishscales
"Violence generates more violence; hatred produces more hatred. Peace cannot be conquered. Peace cannot be the result of violence. Peace comes to us only when we dissolve the Ego, when we destroy within us all those psychological factors that produce war."

Samael Aun Weor
March 7, 2022 at 06:40
(Aries) Wolfmoon
Politics
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
March 7, 2022 at 13:51
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
“What I’ve realized at age 75 is that almost nobody has any idea what they’re talking about.”

John Cleese
March 7, 2022 at 14:10
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Leo_Ness, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"Only thing I don´t like about my perfect marriage is my spouse"

More than 60% of married folks.
March 7, 2022 at 21:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Leo_Ness
System message: Post has been written by user Morena_Lu, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Lol :61:
March 14, 2022 at 12:13
(Pisces) fishscales
“If evolution exists in every living species, likewise so too does devolution.”

Samael Aun Weor

Somehow, we always tend to see ourselves on the evolutionary arc of the wheel though.

This should be questioned.
March 14, 2022 at 12:15
(Pisces) fishscales
"My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God´s side, for God is always right."

Abraham Lincoln
March 14, 2022 at 15:37
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
"Today as always, men fall into two groups: slaves and free men. Whoever does not have two-thirds of his day for himself, is a slave, whatever he may be: a statesman, a businessman, an official, or a scholar."

"And once you are awake, you shall remain awake eternally."

"True, we love life, not because we are used to living, but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love, but there is also always some reason in madness."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
March 14, 2022 at 16:03
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9
Romans: Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

---

Jang: I do not forgive. Won´t you join me in getting revenge?

Kim: Number 5283, starting operation
YouTube
YouTube
March 17, 2022 at 22:36
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
“In great empires the people who live in the capital, and in the provinces remote from the scene of action, feel, many of them scarce any inconveniency from the war; but enjoy, at their ease, the amusement of reading in the newspapers the exploits of their own fleets and armies.

To them this amusement compensates the small difference between the taxes which they pay on account of the war, and those which they had been accustomed to pay in time of peace.
They are commonly dissatisfied with the return of peace, which puts an end to their amusement, and to a thousand visionary hopes of conquest and national glory, from a longer continuance of the war.

Adam Smith from “Wealth of Nations “
March 21, 2022 at 07:15
(Sagittarius) RA_
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." - Anaïs Nin

https://www.astro-seek.com/birth-ch…
March 28, 2022 at 15:55
(Virgo) LotusStar
Login
(Log in)
March 28, 2022 at 16:09
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » LotusStar
I miss Frank. Cutting wit and great music.

I had tickets to see him when he got sick and canceled the show.

So I never saw him live.
Login
(Log in)
March 28, 2022 at 19:02
(Virgo) LotusStar » Leo Moon
Aw thats a bummer :( he was a unique dude and unique sound for sure... I should check his chart. Surely some aqua...?

Edit: nope, no Aqua. Lots of Sag though and Virgo Moon (conjunct my Sun! Cool 😎) and the Sag makes sense, he was pretty philosophical...
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2023
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »