Quote Of The Day Thread

July 3, 2019 at 14:55 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Quote Of The Day Thread
Post your favorite quotes: anything you find insightful, meaningful, funny, etc.

"These are the days that must happen to you" - Walt Whitman, from "Song of the Open Road"

Posts in topic

Page: / 24 

Sort posts:
September 27, 2021 at 12:54
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » fishscales
Such a classic movie!

Peter Sellers was pure gold.

I need to re-watch some Seller’s movies.

Pink Panther, Being There, Dr Strangelove…all masterpieces.
September 27, 2021 at 15:59
(Pisces) fishscales » Leo Moon
Just looking at Sellers makes me want to laugh...

Or just Sellers and Herbert Lom in a room together...pure gold...

Been too long since I´ve seen "Strangelove"...what a film...need to dig the DVD up...

I posted a quote from it way back in the beginning of this thread...one of my favorite movie quotes of all time...

"Gentlemen! You can´t fight in here! This is the war room!"

:61:
September 29, 2021 at 00:14
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”
― Robert A. Heinlein
September 29, 2021 at 12:04
(Pisces) fishscales
"Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it."

Henry David Thoreau
September 29, 2021 at 19:26
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user gabri.est.la, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
In my defense the moon was full and I was left unsupervised... :99:
September 30, 2021 at 11:55
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
“ For decades I have expected nothing from politicians and they never fail to deliver.”
September 30, 2021 at 12:25
(Pisces) fishscales » Leo Moon
:75:
October 1, 2021 at 01:24
(Virgo) rohini moon
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
October 1, 2021 at 17:43
(Sagittarius) SpaceCadet
"Nothing can cure the soul but the senses. Nothing can cure the senses but the soul." -The Picture of Dorian Gray :37:
October 3, 2021 at 08:19
(Virgo) rohini moon
"Ya know they say the man that talks to himself; has an idiot for an audience"

:61:
October 3, 2021 at 20:40
(Aries) Wolfmoon
"War is when the government tells you who your enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself."
October 4, 2021 at 21:52
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”

John Wayne
October 5, 2021 at 01:47
(Pisces) fishscales
"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have."

Vince Lombardi
October 5, 2021 at 23:21
(Aries) Wolfmoon
"When you´re dead you don´t know you´re dead. All of the pain is felt by others.

The same thing happens when you´re stupid"
October 8, 2021 at 00:19
(Virgo) rohini moon
- "Do you know what I did immediately after I finished grading your paper?"

- "Stopped laughing?"

- Pacey Witter
October 8, 2021 at 00:28
(Pisces) fishscales
"I think a guitar solo is how my emotion is most freely released, because verbal articulation isn´t my strongest communication strength. My wife thinks that I should do interviews by listening to the questions and playing the answer on guitar."

David Gilmour

:61: :75:
October 8, 2021 at 00:36
(Pisces) fishscales
"The next time some academics tell you how important diversity is, ask how many Republicans there are in their sociology department."

Thomas Sowell
October 9, 2021 at 12:13
(Pisces) fishscales
"Racism is not dead, but it is on life support — kept alive by politicians, race hustlers and people who get a sense of superiority by denouncing others as "racists.""

Thomas Sowell
October 16, 2021 at 13:57
(Pisces) fishscales
"There is no such thing, at this date of the world´s history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.

There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.

The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?

We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes."

John Swinton
October 17, 2021 at 23:16
(Taurus) Silvi
"to die with your boots on "

my
psychologist.
October 18, 2021 at 01:25
YouTube
YouTube
October 18, 2021 at 01:39
(Virgo) LotusStar
"They will tell you what you need to know. Before they tell you, you´re not allowed to guess. After they tell you, you´re not allowed to doubt. And when they later tell you something different, you´re not allowed to remember."

- Walter Kirn
October 18, 2021 at 01:59
(Taurus) Silvi » fishscales
Purrrfect 👌🏽
October 18, 2021 at 02:08
(Pisces) fishscales » Silvi
You may have one of the few qualified psychologists on the planet, if that´s what he/she is telling you.

#1 rule of advice psychologists should be giving in this day and age:

"For Christ´s sake, stop being such a fucking pussy."

Ie..."Die with your boots on"
October 18, 2021 at 02:14
(Virgo) Turbo TJ
"There is no religion higher than truth" Theosophical Society

Don´t believe me because I say it´s so. Go discover your own truth. HPB

Understand with wisdom and be wise with understanding. Somewhere from the Kabala
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Capricorn Capricorn
Show calendar »