Quote Of The Day Thread

July 3, 2019 at 14:55 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Quote Of The Day Thread
Post your favorite quotes: anything you find insightful, meaningful, funny, etc.

"These are the days that must happen to you" - Walt Whitman, from "Song of the Open Road"

Posts in topic

Page: / 24 

Sort posts:
April 28, 2021 at 16:54
(Sagittarius) RA_
"Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it´s how we behave while we´re waiting."

Joyce Meyer
April 29, 2021 at 08:37
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user zombie, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Without pain, there would be no suffering, without suffering we would never learn from our mistakes. To make it right, pain and suffering is the key to all windows, without it, there is no way of life.

Angelina Jolie
April 29, 2021 at 09:49
(Pisces) fishscales » Nani Nanook
The more I think about that one, the more I like it...

A good thought to have before going to bed...
April 29, 2021 at 11:33
(Virgo) Nani Nanook » fishscales
I had one of those wise grandpa’s that said the same thing repeatedly. He was a pretty cool 😎 guy. This was also one I remember:

“Act the way you wanna be and you’ll be the way you act.”
April 29, 2021 at 17:14
(Sagittarius) RA_
“Insomnia is a glamorous term for thoughts you forgot to have in the day.”

— Alain de Botton, British-Swiss Philosopher
May 1, 2021 at 20:35
(Sagittarius) RA_
Some...
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
May 2, 2021 at 01:08
(Virgo) LotusStar » RA_
^ Very true! I think Virgos are often this way too.
Login
(Log in)
May 2, 2021 at 01:14
(Virgo) Nani Nanook
For the birds...
Login
(Log in)
May 2, 2021 at 01:14
(Virgo) LotusStar
"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." - Plato
May 2, 2021 at 01:28
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
Login
(Log in)
May 2, 2021 at 01:29
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » Leo Moon
Login
(Log in)
May 2, 2021 at 01:30
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » Leo Moon
Login
(Log in)
May 2, 2021 at 08:43
(Virgo) LotusStar
"If you close your eyes, you will learn through accidents" ~ African proverb
May 2, 2021 at 09:05
(Sagittarius) RA_
“If you have the choice between being right and being kind, choose being kind”

--Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
May 2, 2021 at 11:23
(Pisces) fishscales » Leo Moon
Good one by Groucho.

I see brains all over the place these days...
May 2, 2021 at 11:59
(Pisces) fishscales
"He who takes offense when offense was not intended is a fool, yet he who takes offense when offense is intended is an even greater fool, for he has succumbed to the will of his adversary."

Brigham Young

(Hmm...what are the implications of this in a world where everyone is offended by EVERYTHING...)
May 2, 2021 at 19:19
(Virgo) LotusStar » fishscales
^ Good one!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

May 2, 2021 at 19:20
(Virgo) LotusStar
"We don´t see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Anais Nin
May 2, 2021 at 19:26
(Virgo) rohini moon
"Who would knowingly swallow poison?" - Lord Buddha
May 2, 2021 at 19:29
(Virgo) rohini moon
"the non doing of any evil
the performance of what´s skillful
the cleansing of one´s own mind:
that is the teaching of the awakened"
Buddha
May 2, 2021 at 19:38
(Taurus) nutelina
When I read through the quotes I can quite clearly see where you are all coming from. You all have your unique focus :61:
May 2, 2021 at 20:13
(Sagittarius) RA_ » nutelina
Regret comes in different forms. Where everyone thinks they won but they ended up taking the hit. Where we failed to give a chance and understand the person everyone persecuted. As a fellow fire sign, I understood it well that we tend to blow off some steam to keep a healthy mind. I learned this the hard way so I entered and took a chance to mediate. Everyone just kept on poking the holes and no one dares to seal it. Did the issue found a solution? Nope. This is just temporary. What´s the use of learning astrology if we can´t try to understand other people. She is your colleague don´t you ever forget that. I believe we all acted in our character here in our signs. The person just expressed her character. Why do you bind yourselves with the standards of this world while we are learning about the stars? Before narcissism was coined there is a lion that has no friend. I still have her message that I´m able to save. Because I wanted it to be discussed by just these two people. I´m afraid that no one wants to give compassion. Please don´t paint a picture of someone you don´t even know personally. We are all trying our best to be better here. This isn´t the first time this happened Saturn also left coz you guys are all righteous people forgetting that everyone came from different backgrounds and cultures. Again we are here to learn the stars be less judgmental with the world. We should seek understanding in this cruel world. I´m disappointed in how people took the critical issue for granted. There is always a way to resolve an issue.
May 2, 2021 at 21:20
(Capricorn) pluto°rising
..."unless it comes out of your soul like a rocket, unless being still would drive you to madness or suicide or murder, don´t do it. Unless the sun inside you is burning your gut, don´t do it. When it is truly time, and if you have been chosen, it will do it by itself and it will keep on doing it until you die or it dies in you. There is no other way. And there never was." [charles bukowski]
May 3, 2021 at 05:29
(Virgo) rohini moon » rohini moon
.. :92:
Login
(Log in)
May 3, 2021 at 09:59
(Pisces) fishscales
"What is ominous is the ease with which some people go from saying that they don´t like something to saying that the government should forbid it. When you go down that road, don´t expect freedom to survive very long."

Thomas Sowell
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Pisces Pisces
Show calendar »