Introducing Myself

August 27, 2019 at 19:02 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Introducing Myself
This is actually my second time on Astro-Seek, so some people here will remember me. I took about a month break. Now I have returned.

I am a student in Chris Brennan´s online astrology course and am almost complete with those studies. As such, I am a proponent of Ancient Hellenistic astrology, so you may notice some incongruencies with modern astrology. For example, I use whole sign houses, I do not adhere to the ABC house=sign system. My approach is not as psychological as many on here. Ancient Astrology also tends to be a bit more harsh than modern astrology, i.e., no positive spin if I don´t see one. There are also a bunch of techniques that I use that you will not have heard of.

In addition to this I am a student of Christopher Warnock´s magic course, as well as a student of Catherine Yronwode´s Hoodoo course. Astrology provides insight into certain aspects of fate and their influence on us. There are some things we just can´t change. Other things we can influence. Magic is the way to do that.

Other than that, my professional background is in Software Engineering. I live in the heart of Silicon Valley and have been involved with that profession for a long time, though I am slowly letting go of that. I also am a bit of a linguist. I speak French, Italian and Chinese. I am currently studying Ancient Greek so that I can read the ancient texts. I am also interested in studying Babylonian for the same reason, to go back to the very roots of Western Astrology. For that matter, I may take up Qu´ranic Arabic at some point, because so much of Medieval Astrology came from the Islamic world.

Now you might think I´m a serious person. No, I´m not. I like to poke a lot of fun at myself and others when they start taking themselves too seriously. Pleased to meet you. Always happy to make new friends, so hit me up by message if you want to chat or get to know me.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
August 28, 2019 at 16:28
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ancient_astrology
System message: Post has been written by user Vanille, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
No :P

I haven´t been super active here myself so I notice people´s absense, just don´t think of it too much, unless were like bff´s lol
August 28, 2019 at 16:39
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Vanille
I like your honesty.
August 29, 2019 at 04:48
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user stevenwings, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Ancient,

Smiles with joy
Joy with smiles

Did you decide to return because your profected Asc entered the 9th?

Is your birth time rectified? If, "Yes," by whom?

Have you experimented with Fortuna as the Asc?

What formulae does Chris Brennan use for the Lot of Love and Lot of Necessity?

For all those who use Crapcidus Houses, perhaps the following image might look "all Greek" to them.

With best wishes,

Steven
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
August 30, 2019 at 19:53
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » stevenwings
Hi StevenWings, I just saw your comment. I didn´t not time my return to Astro-Seek. I did think about doing it though. It was more on a whim, and the fact that I thought the dust had settled from the last time I was here!

Since I have a night chart, to calculate my Lot of Necessity, I would use the Lot of Fortune to Mercury and then from the Ascendant.

I am not familiar with the Lot of Love, so I have never calculated it.

I once had my chart rectified, but that was a long time ago before I encountered Traditional Astrology. It came out reasonably close to what had been put on my Birth Certificate.

As for Placidus, I could never, ever, understand my Venus in Libra in the 11th house (under Placidus). It all fell into place when I saw she was in the 12. Let me put it succinctly. Under Placidus, I thought Venus was leading me to Paridiso, but with Whole Signs I finally understood she was leading me straight to Inferno. This latter was more accurate in my case.

Thanks for your kind response.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »