Aquarius, awkward or sociable??..

July 19, 2021 at 10:23 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) Veri935
Aquarius, awkward or sociable??..
I don’t quite think that I understand yet what Aquarian’s are supposed to be like.. Are they weird/social misfits and rebellious and indifferent to the opinions of others, or are they socially oriented, and sensitive towards group harmony and focused on upholding social structures and participation?
Also the ones thatI know aren’t that weird.

Sometimes it seems from what I read that they are all of the above

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3
Sort posts:
July 19, 2021 at 13:22
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Veri935
Oh well, yeah, that´s a whole other conversation! I have a love-hate relationship with labels. They can help identify difficulties that can then be treated successfully, but then, it doesn´t give people much room to change and - yes, it can create a feeling of not belonging or being targeted as a problem. It can definitely be argued that labels hurt more than help. In astrology, I think we need to keep a very open mind and not see through the lens of what we think each sign is - but rather - know that people will respond differently - and we have fresh eyes every time we look at a chart - and be very open to being wrong!
July 19, 2021 at 13:27
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » Veri935
Yes, you are right! My Mom came across as social and caring - but it was a facade - something quite superficial if you knew her. Yeah, she had her Libra graces. I think Libra is a difficult Sun sign because of its inherent sensitivity to others.
July 19, 2021 at 13:37
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » Etherealmind
Everyday survival requires this kind of SBT. When I receive patients it´s all about the weather and these days Corona. Sports I know nothing about it...

Even with family I can´t share thoughts about everything. One of my deepest wishes is to find a group of people where I can go crazy about archetypes, the purpose of life, the traditions of initiation in our culture and the Lost Legacy of the Celts and Germanic tribes, the energy of Freya and Cernunnos and which herb is the best to smudge your house.

People consider me a weirdo already so cut me some slack if I start with "nice weather, isn´t it?"
July 19, 2021 at 13:47
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » JayJayAstrology
You´re right about the ambigue nature of labels. They open doors and they slam them too.

Everyone should decide for himself, but I´m glad I know what I am right now. It costed me more and more energy, but you can´t keep on fighting the current if it starts to cataract.

It will probably made me stop my coaching and shamanic education, because some exercises may too difficult for me to grasp without regression (like those about Reichian character structures). I only know my diagnosis for 3 months...

You can´t have the sweet without the sour.
July 19, 2021 at 13:52
(Libra) Veri935 » JayJayAstrology
I actually think it’s one that people should be having. As the more I have learnt about astrology this has become obvious. And it makes me look at the people I know, trying to understand them better.

Of course we have always been told that appearances go so far. And even the most awkward of my friends I am skeptical about having anything truly “different” about them in this way of attaching some holistic label.
Then there are people like Virgos, Capricorn’s and even Social Aquarians that can get away with “looking” normal despite seemingly just following social norms without any personal sentiments attached. Often listening less and ignoring people’s feelings. Whilst water signs are labeled as odd and not conforming.

Tbh I have to admit that water-air dominant people do appear awkward inherently. But I wonder how this characteristic can be extrapolated so far, to create this label for these people…
July 19, 2021 at 14:00
(Libra) Veri935 » JayJayAstrology
It’s true that people may hide their sensitivity and then we are left guessing at what is underneath. Because of my sag asc I’d like to think that I appear somewhere in between sensitive and contained and outspoken at times, but who knows even what we may appear to others. Only those that know us best may get some idea after years but then this will be based on experiences still as you say
July 19, 2021 at 14:08
(Capricorn) Emanuel
Both
July 19, 2021 at 14:11
(Capricorn) Emanuel » Catch-22
Leo may be the visible leader, but the Aquarius is usually the shadow puppeteer/leader of the group
July 19, 2021 at 14:14
(Capricorn) Emanuel » Catch-22
Yeah absolutely. Most of time I say "who the fuck are you and why should I reply to your message instantly". Strong Aquarius vibe. Somehow egocentric, but different than the egocentrism of Leo.
July 19, 2021 at 15:13
(Capricorn) Emanuel
And watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
July 19, 2021 at 15:38
(Leo) MichelAngelo
The natural habitat of Aquarius is eleventh house, of course. This domicile coincides with the character of the numerological "eleven", representing the so-called "master vibration" - predisposing to perform the role of a guide, teacher, guru (Jupiter aspect). However, confrontation is possible, and even highly probable, offering the science of the balance between an individuality demanding a space in which it could be expressed (Uranus - the planet ruling this sign in the modern astrological perspective), and a conformism based on the need for social acceptance (Saturn - the planet traditionally ruling this sign).
The eleventh basement is a community environment where the herd instinct is dominant, and the strengthening of tribal ties is of paramount importance. This is symbolized by Shravana nakshatra (auricle; musicality, dance) and Dhanishta (urn, pitcher; communicative extrovertism, popularity thanks to the concrete promotion of ideas, populism, bringing "good news" and awareness-raising, but also remaining hidden, conspiratorial communication; etymologically it means "Ur" the name of the Mesopotamian capital, the biblical patrimony of Abraham).
A bomb with a delayed ignition, as the energetics of hot Pluto is called, undermines the above-mentioned features, giving an impulse to remove them and apply them (especially by visiting the tenth house natively, which he occupied with Aquarius).

The expansion of Jupiter favors "Water Carrier" knocking on the gates of castle ninth, revealing his tendency to cling to alternative sources of knowledge, just like the door of the cottage at number three standing open in front of him, in the living room of which he can feel at home.
The eighth house gives him psychic abilities, and in order not to enter the seventh, he rests his arms and legs, "feeling the writing with his nose" (the adage "What Aquarius is a divorcee", famous in astrological circles).
Checking in at the fourth house, he gives broadly understood freedom to his children (if he will, of course, see them) and to his neighbors, considering a necessary evil as a gargantuan intimacy conducive to mutual use of seemingly noble intentions; his protectiveness is essentially friendly and therefore liberal, and episodic interventions appear in the form of active, often impertinent stimulation (closing the sign of Aquarius, nakshatra Shatabhisha).
July 19, 2021 at 15:56
(Aquarius) Catch-22 » Veri935
I had to take a test but indeed, I´m INTP-T. I know air is blowing me away and the rest is washed away... No Earth to cover and a tiny bit of fire just to BBQ...

Why the question?
July 20, 2021 at 09:37
(Libra) Veri935 » Catch-22
Oh I just guessed, because I’ve seen similar combinations for intps , predominantly air-water people. Several cancers actually, and cancer-geminis. I suspect that they had more air on their ascendant as well or if not a pragmatic sign like Virgo or Capricorn. Though yes my guess is that overall these people have little earth or fire. Though planets in the 8th/9th are possible,

What interests me however… is how these people balance their water/emotions with their air signs?.. they certainly don’t appear emotional, but is this the actual case? To an extent does the air stifle the open expression of the water?

Also I Have noticed that a few have Uranus in Aquarius even if they do not have any other planets in Aquarius
July 20, 2021 at 09:42
(Aries) ram_goat » fishscales
new meme.. old truths.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
July 20, 2021 at 09:44
(Libra) Veri935 » ram_goat
Exactly! Lol :61:
July 20, 2021 at 09:45
(Pisces) fishscales » ram_goat
Yeah that pretty much nails it
July 20, 2021 at 09:53
(Aries) ram_goat » Etherealmind
Yes I think that not liking this superficiality is caused by my Virgo Sun and Taurus Saturn !!

...in the 5th house...

I have this too.. the effect is real.
July 20, 2021 at 10:00
(Aries) ram_goat
Are they weird/social misfits and rebellious and indifferent to the opinions of others, or are they socially oriented, and sensitive towards group harmony and focused on upholding social structures and participation?

Uranus is the planet of egoistic liberty.

Neptune is the planet of non-egoistic liberty.

a nice pair of opposites there.

But that tension between ego, liberty, and individuality is
what you find buried at the center of Aquarian types. Some express it
by being weird, some by thinking of others before themselves (but always
for their own hidden, often unspoken, individualistic reasons or agenda)
Sometimes expressing their individuality takes the form of being stubborn, difficult.
July 20, 2021 at 10:17
(Virgo) Etherealmind » ram_goat
Well, I noticed that, as it creates a square with Aquarius and Leo sign, it´s better if people don´t have their Sun squaring my Saturn otherwise they can perceive me a bit too serious and strict indeed lol.

I still get on very well with Leo and Aquarius people if they don´t have their Sun in the same degrees as my Saturn lol and even if it´s the case I can still get on well with them if there are others many very good aspects !

Other than that, I fortunately have Jupiter in the 5H trine my Sun so it still helps a bit regarding my 5th house.
July 21, 2021 at 07:52
(Taurus) Dilanakia
I think they are from space.

They are the ones who will accept you as you are no matter what controversial idea you go to them with. I use the word accept and not love because their love language is cold logic. If they are talking to you and making plans with you that means that they love you. I personally need more attention so I generally don’t get too close to them. Both as friends or as in partnership.

Everyone is watching the wedding… an Aquarian thinks how does that speaker work. What is inside it? 😂😂 I think they are aliens.
July 21, 2021 at 22:20
(Aries) Wolfmoon
I´m an Aqua Asc. I´ve heard people tell me that its not really me as I have no planets there.

My whole life has been social rebellion. Apart from when I worked for the government, when I didn´t know what govt was at the time. I thought i was doing humanitarian work.

Obviously the rest of the chart helps but I´ve never been into social norms and thats only because I have always seen them as wrong, personally. It never made sense to me to wear pants down past your ass, the following of false idols etc

Because of that I became somewhat of a social outcast but was still fairly popular. At gatherings I can start a conversation then suddenly I have a crowd. I don´t enjoy the spotlight and my saturn in 11th prefers one on one´s.

Generally my topics are social and humanitarian. Its hard for me to focus on things that I don´t find interesting that most do. Sports, whats on TV, social media etc

But I have a wide conjunct of Saturn and Uranus.

On the whole, I dig Aqua because we get along.

My nephew is Aqua Sun and Aqua Asc. He´s very sociable and popular. He´s also a bit of a social misfit. He gets attached to his partners however, I don´t have his chart anymore to see why
July 21, 2021 at 23:03
(Aquarius) viv
As an Aquarian... I have to say I don’t like being told what to think of to do but haan’t been destructively rebellious (except maybe at 15 !) Rather like many Aquarians I’ve heard thd beat of a different drum as they say. I chose a career that barely existed when I was young, travelled, had friends of all ages from all over.. that’s pretty Aquarian but I have enough social adaptation to fit in as needed. Humanitarian yes, following very social nicety, not always. Fitting in is only for the sake of my connection with others, not something I’m interested for it’s own sake.

It’s helpful to think of the ancient ruler being Saturn which can be quite fixed and rule bound and thd modern ruler being Uranus which knows no bounds. Maybe expect your Aquarian friend to have quite fixed ideas and behaviours, perhaps, then change them without necessarily telling you why, to bring in the new!
July 22, 2021 at 02:03
(Pisces) fishscales » Wolfmoon
"I´m an Aqua Asc. I´ve heard people tell me that its not really me as I have no planets there."

I don´t buy that...

Maybe first house matters are less of a focal point for you, because you have no planets there...but that doesn´t make you "less" of an Aquarius ascendant...if anything, the expression of the ascendant will be purer, because you have no other planetary influences filtering through it...

You also have both rulers of your first house in the 11th, which would give an even stronger Aquarian vibe to your first house...

And both of those rulers of Aquarius are also personalized through trines to your sun and moon...

Not to mention being accidentally dignified by being in their home house...(some people don´t think that´s accidental dignity...I do.)

At any rate, Aquarius should not have too much of a problem expressing itself on your first...
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »