Quote Of The Day Thread

July 3, 2019 at 14:55 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Quote Of The Day Thread
Post your favorite quotes: anything you find insightful, meaningful, funny, etc.

"These are the days that must happen to you" - Walt Whitman, from "Song of the Open Road"

Posts in topic

Page: / 24 

Sort posts:
September 4, 2020 at 00:19
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.“

Bertrand Russell
September 4, 2020 at 01:21
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user easierwithpractice, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
“I have always longed to be part of the outward life, to be out there at the edge of things, to let the human taint wash away in emptiness and silence as the fox sloughs his smell into the cold unworldliness of water; to return to town a stranger. Wandering flushes a glory that fades with arrival.”
― J.A. Baker, The Peregrine
September 4, 2020 at 01:31
(Pisces) AphroditePrincess
“You can close your eyes to the things you don´t want to see, but you can´t close your heart to the things you don´t want to feel.”
Johnny Depp
This quote resonates with me so much :78: :80:
September 4, 2020 at 02:09
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » Nani Nanook
I missed Your reply until now.

I met Mr Rodgers at the Pittsburgh Zoo. I was walking through the reptile house and he was just sitting on a chair in the corridor.

I can’t remember what I said, it was 1973-74, but I remember getting that feeling of kindness and authenticity. Just as he seemed on TV.

He wasn’t making an appearance or anything......he probably was visiting the zoo and sat down for a bit.

So it was just me and my family meeting him.

Thank You. I try to be kind but don’t always succeed.

Tuesie’s purr is relaxing. It’s always cozy to curl up with a purring cat. :92:
September 4, 2020 at 03:01
(Virgo) Nani Nanook
The robbed that smiles,
Steals something from the thief

~Shakespeare
September 4, 2020 at 10:21
(Pisces) fishscales
"If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library."

Frank Zappa
September 4, 2020 at 10:42
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » fishscales
Frank Zappa also said. “ You don’t have to wash it and I ain’t gonna squash it.” :4:

Too bad people like Zappa or Hunter S Thompson aren’t around for comment on 2020.
September 4, 2020 at 11:39
(Pisces) fishscales » Leo Moon
"Too bad people like Zappa or Hunter S Thompson aren’t around for comment on 2020."

Or George Carlin...

"When I was a little boy in New York City in the 1940s, we swam in the Hudson River and it was filled with raw sewage okay? We swam in raw sewage! You know… to cool off! And at that time, the big fear was polio; thousands of kids died from polio every year but you know something? In my neighborhood, no one ever got polio! No one! Ever! You know why? Cause we swam in raw sewage! It strengthened our immune systems! The polio never had a prayer; we were tempered in raw shit! So personally, I never take any special precautions against germs. I don’t shy away from people that sneeze and cough, I don’t wipe off the telephone, I don’t cover the toilet seat, and if I drop food on the floor, I pick it up and eat it! Yes I do. Even if I’m at a sidewalk café! In Calcutta! The poor section! On New Year’s morning during a soccer riot! And you know something? In spite of all that so-called risky behavior, I never get infections, I don’t get them, I don’t get colds, I don’t get flu, I don’t get headaches, I don’t get upset stomach, you know why? Cause I got a good strong immune system and it gets a lot of practice."
September 21, 2020 at 13:46
(Pisces) fishscales
A good one from Stephen King on his birthday...

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win."

Sounds like a man who understands the workings of the human ego, whether he knows it or not.
September 21, 2020 at 13:59
This isn’t a short quote. It’s 2 minutes 12 seconds.

I find it as applicable today as it was in 1980s when it was made.

It should be labeled “John Cleese on Extremism and self righteousness.”
YouTube
YouTube
September 21, 2020 at 14:01
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself"
Leo Tolstoy.
He is one of my most favourite writer. Big respect to this great man.
September 21, 2020 at 14:05
:61:

"Foxhunters...castrators..."

:61:
September 21, 2020 at 14:06
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user goldenlion32, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Fortune Cookie!
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 21, 2020 at 14:08
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul
One of best quotes which I like
" Veni, Vidi, Vici"
Jules Caesar
Well I like it :4:
September 21, 2020 at 14:09
(Pisces) fishscales » Promethean_Soul
That´s a great one Promethean.

So true...

I´ve heard variations of that sentiment by several people, both known and unknown, but I never knew Tolstoy said it.
September 21, 2020 at 14:11
(Pisces) fishscales » goldenlion32
Or you can just let your Taurean side take over for a bit and not do it all :61:

Pretty much what I´m doing right now...
September 21, 2020 at 14:14
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul » fishscales
He was good writer and good humanist ,he was also intellectual person. Always helped children and he was in love with nature , trees etc. I believe if someone loves children, animals, nature this person never harms anybody.
September 21, 2020 at 14:45
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user goldenlion32, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Fortune Cookie2
Login
(Log in)
October 15, 2020 at 00:44
(Pisces) fishscales
“Our world is not divided by race, color, gender, or religion. Our world is divided into wise people and fools. And fools divide themselves by race, color, gender, or religion.” -Mohamad Safa
October 15, 2020 at 23:49
Wait Garfunkel and Oates are comedians now?

It would make sense...gotta take the pain somewhere :61:
October 16, 2020 at 00:24
That’s why these two used the name.

This... Garfunkel and Oates . Ricky Lindhome and Kate McCucci.
YouTube
YouTube
November 21, 2020 at 13:32
(Pisces) fishscales
Login
(Log in)
November 21, 2020 at 20:35
(Aries) Wolfmoon » fishscales
Beautiful :15:
November 21, 2020 at 20:44
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Within each of us there is an Owl, a Rabbit, and Eeyore, and a Pooh. For too long, we have chosen the way of Owl and Rabbit. Now, like Eeyore, we complain about the results. But that accomplishes nothing. If we are smart, we will choose the way of Pooh. As if from far away, it calls us with the voice of a child´s mind. It may be hard to hear at times, but it is important just the same, because without it, we will never find our way through the forest.
Benjamin Hoff
November 22, 2020 at 16:09
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » Fool
I always thought we all have a Kirk , Spock and McCoy in us.

Time for more Spock in my view.
Login
(Log in)
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Pisces Pisces
Show calendar »