How similar are the charts of your parents to your own?

May 9, 2020 at 17:54 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) bluerosepetals
How similar are the charts of your parents to your own?
Hi, it´s me spamming again. :29: :75:

Today I found out my mom´s birth time (finally). I am astonished at how similar our charts are aspect-wise. We both have a Sun/Saturn aspect, Moon on the Asc, Moon/Pluto hard aspect, Moon/Venus soft aspect, Mercury/Mars hard aspect etc etc.

We are both unable to hide our emotions, are strict with ourselves and can be a fierce opponent in a fight. :39:

On the other hand, I have my father´s Pisces/Aquarius/Leo placements, but no similar aspects aside from Moon opposite Pluto and Sun/Chiron aspect.

Is this just my special case or do you guys also have some significant similarities between your charts and the charts of your parents? You can post the charts if you want to.

I´m attaching my mom´s chart.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3
Sort posts:
May 9, 2020 at 17:55
(Pisces) bluerosepetals
And my dad´s chart.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
May 9, 2020 at 17:57
(Leo) Plutonian_Princess
This doesn’t relate to parents but something I noticed with siblings is that many siblings have mirroring Suns/Moons. For example, I am a Leo Sun and Taurus Moon. Both of my younger brothers have Leo Moons. One of them actually has a Taurus Sun and Leo Moon, so my placements flipped. I have noticed this pattern in many, many siblings.
I will have to look over the chart of my parents though, as that is interesting. Unfortunately I only have my mother’s birth time, and not my fathers.
May 9, 2020 at 18:00
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » Plutonian_Princess
Interesting! I´ve also heard that it can happen with parents/children. My mom has a Mercurial Moon and Ascendant like me, and my dad is a Pisces Sun like me. This kind of stuff always gets me excited because it´s a very palpable indicator that astrology really works!
May 9, 2020 at 18:27
(Leo) Plutonian_Princess » bluerosepetals
Yes, it’s sooo interesting to see.
From the things I do know, my Dad has a Gemini Sun and I have a Gemini Ascendant. He also has a Taurus Mercury, and I have a Taurus Moon. My Moon is in the 12th; he has a moon in Pisces.
My Mom has a Pisces Ascendant and Venus, and one of my Brothers has both a Pisces Ascendant/Pisces Venus.
May 9, 2020 at 18:38
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » Plutonian_Princess
So there are Gemini/Pisces/Taurus energies running in the family. Unfortunately, I have no siblings to compare myself to. :24:
May 9, 2020 at 19:41
(Pisces) Nola_la
I´ve compared charts of my parents and grandparents. And I look at both sides of family.

My family :

Me (:182: Sun) - my mom (:182: Moon)

My dad ( :172: Sun) - my mom and I (:172: Mars)

My mom (:175: Sun) - my dad (:175: Moon) - I ( :175: Ascendant)

My parents have Moon trine Venus aspect in their charts, I have Moon square Venus.

I think that my dad has Pisces Ascendant...Without that he has only one water placement - Mars in Cancer.

My mother´s family :

Me ( :178: Moon ) - my mom ( :182: Moon) - grandpa ( :178: Moon)

It´s not easy to admit, but yeah...We are family of water Moons :43:

I have the same Venus as my grandpa and great grandpa - :154: in :181: through three generations.

My father´s family :

I share Sun - Jupiter and Sun - Saturn aspects with my dad and grandma.

So Leo, Taurus and Pisces runs in my family.
For the rest of the family, in broader meaning...Water Moons are the most significant, unfortunately. With Jupiter and Saturn aspecting our Sun.
May 9, 2020 at 20:04
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » Nola_la
Very interesting. So there definitely seems to be a link.

Sadly I don´t have the full charts of many of my family members. My mom´s parents were both Cancer Suns, but grandma has her Mars in Virgo and grandpa had his Moon in Virgo like my mom.

Paternal grandma was a Gemini Sun and Mercury, and paternal grandpa was an Aries but had Mercury and Venus in Pisces, so that could explain water and air influences in my dad.

I would have to look more closely at their charts for similarities in some aspects.
May 9, 2020 at 20:19
(Pisces) Nola_la » bluerosepetals
>"Unfortunately, I have no siblings to compare myself to. :24:"

Well...Welcome to the club - "being an only child"...it´s very :182: thing.

:94:
May 9, 2020 at 20:30
Yeah... and my :182: :151: is also conjunct :157: :24:
YouTube
YouTube
May 9, 2020 at 20:39
>"Very interesting. So there definitely seems to be a link."

I am not sure that I´ve noticed everything - just that what I remember at the moment :3:

Ofc :3: I usually see Sun - Moon or Sun - Ascendant connections between family members.

Of course, they occur on other planets too, but these seem to be the most common and the strongest in my opinion.

I forgot that my parents have Venus in Cancer (mom) and Mars in Cancer (dad), but I don´t see the connection here. I have nothing to do with the Cancer sign.

>"I would have to look more closely at their charts for similarities in some aspects."

Wish you luck :15: I enjoy studying the family tree - it´s really great fun. And it´s fun to go back in time too :3:
May 9, 2020 at 20:44
Yes, it surely is fun. I just wish I knew the birth time of my grandparents, but even they don´t know that. Neither does the hospital because they were born at home and three out of four have already died. I can only work with incomplete charts and I feel I am missing out on a lot without Ascendants and correct houses.
May 9, 2020 at 21:05
Yeah, it´s sad, but lots of us have this problem and work with incomplete charts :9:.

If you are really interested you can study charts of some famous families...I don´t like Kardashians, but they are big family - you can get some picture studying their charts :61: :3:

Or Kennedy family...

I´ll look at Skarsgard family tree with Stellan Skarsgard, famous actor and dad of 8 children, where half of them are actors too :4: And there is only one girl.
May 9, 2020 at 21:11
I don´t want to study the Kardashians out of protest. :61: They are already getting enough attention as it is! :4:

Kennedys could work, and it´s an interesting family.
May 9, 2020 at 21:17
(Aquarius) Erinmeow
Interesting. I was considering posting my fathers chart and mine, wondering if theres other people here who have dead relationships with one/both of their parents. Executive decision was made today that I´ll never speak to my father again, even if hes on his death bed. ?
May 9, 2020 at 21:18
>"I don´t want to study the Kardashians out of protest. :61:"

I was joking a little...Sometimes I like to study even charts of some famous People I don´t like :3:
But I don´t insist, it was just an example.
May 9, 2020 at 21:19
I know, I know. :4:
May 9, 2020 at 21:35
(Leo) RunnerChic85
Interesting topic. I don’t have my parents’ time, but I can write about my brother and my children.

Side note about my mother—she’s a Gemini sun, and so are 3 of her sisters.

My brother and I both have sun, Mercury, and Mars in Leo. People say we have similar personalities. He’s an Aries moon and I’m a Libra moon, so naturally, he tends to come across as more bold (speaks his mind, was a Sargent in the Air Force, has a Harley), and and I tend to come across as more calm and diplomatic.

I have Saturn in the 5th house, and I heard a podcast that if you have this, you have Karma to work out with your first child. Well, my first child is a Capricorn (though his chart looks nothing like mine), and comes across as very Saturnian, very hard-working! He is soooo hard on himself, and he’s actually been a mirror to how hard I am on myself (I have sun square Saturn). It’s made me wonder—has he picked up this habit from me? I’ve been working on not being so hard on myself, because I don’t want him to carry that tendency with him for years to come, and I’ve had talks with him about being gentle with himself and building his self-worth.

My second son and first daughter both are Leo rising. They drive each other up the wall—they are the kind of siblings that do things to annoy each other...and the more the other gets annoyed, the more they will do it.

My oldest daughter is very similar to me, people have told me. She is Libra sun, Gemini moon, and Leo rising. She has a Libra stellium, with also her Venus, Mercury, and NN in 3rd H Libra. My progressed chart puts my sun in Libra (as well as Mercury) in the 4th H family and home, so this could be why we’re similar).

My youngest child, a girl, is unlike anyone in our family—Aqua sun, Cap moon, Aqua rising.
May 9, 2020 at 21:44
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » RunnerChic85
Very, very interesting. I can see that frequently children´s Ascendant will mirror a parent´s Sun or Moon.

The story about your first son resonates with me. Both my mother and I have a Sun/Saturn aspect. She has the trine and I have the conjunction. She has a harmonious aspect but she was also quite hard on herself her whole life, and she never allows a compliment - but it seems to not affect her in a way that she gets depressed because of that. On the contrary, since I have a hard aspect, I would periodically get down because of that tendency of mine. Although she was strict and critical (Virgo Moon and rising) when I was a child, she later learned to relax more and she taught me to be more gentle and forgiving with myself.
May 9, 2020 at 22:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » bluerosepetals
System message: Post has been written by user stevenwings, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
https://www.astrologycosmobiology.com.au/…
May 9, 2020 at 22:49
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » stevenwings
Thank you so much for this! I´ve been looking for a good link about Draconic charts for a long time.

What I found is amazing. My father´s Draconic Sun is conjunct my Draconic Moon in Libra 27° and my Jupiter in 6° Taurus is opposing his Venus in 6° Scorpio.

My mother´s Jupiter is tightly conjunct my Moon in Libra and her Mercury is conjunct my Neptune in Gemini. Her Uranus in Aries is opposite my Moon in Libra.

So basically there is a conjunction between my Moon (Libra 27°), my father´s Sun (Libra 27°) and my mother´s Jupiter (Libra 28°), and all of that is opposed by my mother´s Uranus (Aries 27°).
May 10, 2020 at 00:24
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
My mother was born early January 16th, 1936 with :155: & :199: in the negative signs closely aspecting my :176: :199: :191: Ascendant.
My biological father was born late April 26th, 1934 with Neptune only minutes of arc from my natal Pluto. :81:
My childhood step-father who I am just as much like was born September 26th, 1946. He was a Scorpio rising and a double Libra; He pretended late in life to be a :176: :152: :64: worker bee :98:!
May 10, 2020 at 00:34
(Pisces) fishscales » RunnerChic85
"Side note about my mother—she’s a Gemini sun, and so are 3 of her sisters."

Wow! Must have been a talkative dinner table when your mom was a kid...

My mom is a Gemini, and her two sisters are a Virgo and an Aquarius, so that´s in the ballpark, but probably can´t match 3 Gems..

On the thread topic, my mom and I have some similarities between our charts...both Aquarius moons... In the same degree no less... Both of us have Venus and Mars in Taurus...
May 10, 2020 at 00:46
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Erinmeow
System message: Post has been written by user Peter Davis, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"Interesting. I was considering posting my fathers chart and mine, wondering if theres other people here who have dead relationships with one/both of their parents. Executive decision was made today that I´ll never speak to my father again, even if hes on his death bed. ?"

I am really sorry about your father, :-(((.

If you post it, I am sure that we (Lune Rogue, Me, others) could a take a look at it.
May 10, 2020 at 08:41
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » Erinmeow
Yes, we can look at his chart. I´m also sorry about your father. I wrote it in my earlier reply but I deleted it because I felt like I overshared about my own.

You can post his chart, yes.
May 10, 2020 at 09:29
(Gemini) scormini
Both my parents have gemini and taurus placements. But my dad has two in fire (personal planets) None of them have water but I do. They share the earth and I don´t have almost nothing of it. This manifested in them not understanding my susceptibility and inner world...
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »