Issues in Online Chart Advice

January 2, 2020 at 17:28 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Issues in Online Chart Advice
I´ve mentioned this before, but I want to talk about it more. Here are my issues in reading people´s chart here:

1) A certain chart placement can mean a number of different things. It´s hard to say anything about a chart without at least speaking with the person in-depth in the chart. Now, I know that part of the fun of astrology is that people want to see you pull a rabbit out of a hat, that is guess what happened or what will happen. Unfortunately that is difficult to do, especially if you can´t talk to the person about their life and get feed-back.

2) A lot of people want astrology to bring some meaning and order to their lives. If you create a narrative for them, they are happy. The problem is that the narrative an astrologer, especially one who knows nothing about you, can create a bad narrative for you, one that is not appropriate for you or has really nothing to do with you. Of course, the more vulnerable or gullible you happen to be in a given moment, the more susceptible are you to sometimes inappropriate advice.

So take my advice with a grain of salt. I usually try to say that when giving advice, but sometimes forget, depending on my mood. Take any advice you get on here from anybody with a grain of salt and by that I mean, don´t take it too much to heart. Keep this in mind. People who give astrological advice are assuming a position of power, knowingly or unknowingly. Don´t give them your power.

For that reason, you will see that there are periods where I hesitate to give any advice at all and others where I give it. I am especially shy when I see something "bad" in a chart. I am always afraid that if I mention it, I might create anxiety or even create the malady that I believe the chart portrays.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 2, 2020 at 18:40
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I am not afraid to say negative things I see. Their reaction is their problem. I am doing more than they deserve from a stranger.
January 2, 2020 at 19:10
(Capricorn) Luna Alba
What does a "bad" aspect mean in a chart? ?

A bad transit, bringing a predispozition for negative outcomes?

But transits aside...what does bad mean in a birth chart?
Are there bad aspects that cannot be overcome by willpower and personal evolution?

Like in the T-square descriptions...you know it´s bad to have one, as it brings issues and struggles, but the optimistic astrologers point out it can be a ladder for evolution and a mark of powerful people, as they were somehow pushed to actively work on those issues/conflicting energies...

Is this just New Age Astrology optimism or somehow, we can fix even the hard aspects? Or, if not fixed entirely, maybe make them more bearable? ...
January 2, 2020 at 20:30
(Leo) pixel
Hi and Happy New Year !!!

I think that people are lost (there is a difference between media self-image representations, and how we should be, and what it allows us to be). Too much things are wrong... keeing us away from what we are...
Everyone tries to catch something that brings a little light and faith in dark times to be able to continue along the way of life despite the ordeals they have to face...

So, give me a bag (or two) of salt, please, because grains aren´t enough... and thank you for advice :3:

:17: :17: :17:
January 2, 2020 at 23:16
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Luna Alba
Well, when I see an indication that there will be sickness, injury, abuse or even death, I consider that "bad". Of course, there are some instances where "bad" can be a source for evolution; however, in all honest, I can´t say that´s true for every instance of what I call "bad". I´ve seen too many things in my life, where people seemed to suffer bad things and there were no good results. So I will continue to use the words "bad", "evil" to describe those things.

I am always reminded of Nietzsche´s statement, "That which doesn´t kill you makes you stronger." It sounds good and it´s sometimes true, but then we have to remember that Nietzsche himself ended his days sick and mentally ill. It didn´t kill him (well, it did in the end), but it certainly didn´t make him stronger.
January 2, 2020 at 23:32
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Luna Alba
<<Is this just New Age Astrology optimism or somehow, we can fix even the hard aspects? Or, if not fixed entirely, maybe make them more bearable? ...>>

This is a BIG question. It occupies a lot of my thought these days.
January 3, 2020 at 01:58
(Pisces) fishscales » Luna Alba
"Are there bad aspects that cannot be overcome by willpower and personal evolution?"

It depends on the willpower and level of evolution of the person involved...

To a certain degree, I think it also depends on the aspect...some are easier to overcome than others..

Understanding your hard aspects and having conscious awareness of how you manifest them in your everyday life is a good place to start...

Whether you can completely defeat a hard aspect, I don´t know... But I do think you can mitigate it with enough will, effort, and discipline.
January 3, 2020 at 03:49
(Cancer) detectahead
The power of suggestion can be great and I believe caution should be exercised when providing counsel. For myself, I try to provide and explain useful information of the natal´s potential and transits involved(secondary also)so that a client can make educated decisions.
January 3, 2020 at 03:58
(Cancer) detectahead » ancient_astrology
Bad or evil are not imo good words. In astrology it is words such as this that have given astrology a negative standing. Difficult, challenging...are more up to date words. Just my opinion
January 3, 2020 at 08:06
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
According to my experience, using astrology we can only see what eventual task is in front of us and what dominant mind/action pattern is associated with it.

On our path to evolution (which is our only destiny) we receive tasks and tools from Universe and our free will is to choose the way.

"Good" or "bad" path in fulfilling those tasks is our choice but outcome is always the same - evolution.

We grow equally trough suffering, that can sometimes be physicaly fatal if resistance gets too high (if we chose "bad" path or deny our path), and trough surrending and acceptance - more pleasent way - "good path".

So, when we talk about good or bad, we can just talk about the way, since wahtever you do you´ll grow (even if that sometimes doesn´t look like that since we have no abbility to judge that).

Astrologers have a great responsibility because they, troughout suggestions, are directly messing up with higher plans.

To protect ourselves, as astrologers and persons (from higher force we´re mesing up with) we should avoid giving scenarios, keep reports short and open, stick to main, general elements and of course mention that our report is just one tinny little frame in great masterpiece called life and can easilly mean nothing.
January 3, 2020 at 16:21
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user kanya29, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yes, I agree. Practice discernment when others give "astrological advice", which imo isn´t always knowledge based.
January 3, 2020 at 19:29
(Cancer) Trevor77
Whenever I give a reading, you would think its easter with the amount of Bunnies everywhere ??? :61:

Kidding, I totaly agree with all that, reality does take hold, and if its multiple meanings how we meant to know which one to predict.

Its always easier to read your own chart than someone elses too

The Planetary energies can play out in different ways and in the same positions, like a pieces on a chessboard can play out differently from there set position, which is why talking to the person (querent) first to find out how there life is flowing, makes it much easier to see what lies ahead astrologically.
Even though with non serious readings I do like to do a mary poppins and pull it all out the bag lol

January 3, 2020 at 19:46
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
I disagree with the notion that we shouldn´t speak of things in terms of good or bad. Rape is bad. Murder is bad. Starvation is bad. If you want to speculate about karma and soul lessons, you can. These are speculations that can neither be proven or disproven. However, I don´t care. If you were raped, had a friend murdered or were starving to death, you would probably describe the event as bad. Likewise, if you won the lottery or fell in love, you would probably describe that as good.
January 3, 2020 at 19:54
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » MarvinReal
Marvin, I agree with you here--at least for me personally. When I´m asking for feedback, I truly want the good, the bad, and the ugly That´s why I´ve gotten into astrology the last few months--personal awareness and growth.

Not gonna lie, I´m only human, and hearing something negative at first might sting a little (which is why people hesitate to give feedback to others in the first place), but overall, I believe when someone is asking for truth, truth is what´s best.

Now for me to give negative feedback, though (I don´t give much feedback on charts here, since I´m still learning, but I will give moral support in hard times), might be more of a challenge, so I get where the OP is coming from in being hesitant to give feedback about bad aspects.
January 3, 2020 at 20:05
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » Luna Alba
Luna, I´m with you on this...I like to believe that the bad aspects (I have 3 that I know of in my chart), can be overcome--when I found out I had those aspects, it felt very heavy, very depressing, almost like I was cursed.

I´m starting to look at my hard aspects and look at how far I´ve come, and that gives me a sense of hope. Venus square moon has gotten easier for me to deal with. Sun square Saturn has been a real tough one for me though, but I´m determined to make progress. To me, the thought of anything being lifelong and permanent is unacceptable. Whether something can truly be overcome or not, I don´t know, but it feels good to allow myself to believe so.

Editing to note that I did not find out about my hard aspects here--no one here gave me doom and gloom. I found out about them on my own and doing some research.
January 3, 2020 at 20:46
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » RunnerChic85
I´m not sure I know all my "bad" aspects, actually :)).

Probably I have more than 3. My chart is full of bumpy conjunctions and I have a huge T-square right in the middle, whose interpretation I have yet to read about and figure it out.

But I found out about my T-Square here. @Fishscales pointed it to me and offered his view in regard to it.

I didn´t feel depressed. I know myself and my conflicting energies so it was just the revelation there´s an astrological pattern written in my chart which describes?/explains? it.
I agree these bad vibes help us grow. "Us" who wish to work on themselves.

If that very bad aspect indicates just those conflicting energies, it´s fine and it´s of real help to have an astrologer highlight that and offer some explanations.

Everything can be fixed in the realm of emotions and psychology, as long as we talk about intelligent, cultivated people who are willing to work on themselves.

Now that´s another category of events, more severe and solid than emotions that, as a freshman, I´m not sure astrology can point it out with accuracy.

Because if astrology is about PREDISPOSITIONS and we have our free will (a perspective I personally like), can it really point for sure than someone will die young? Or at a certain age? That a woman is barren? That someone will never marry? That someone will NEVER be happy in his/her relations?

These are verdicts, not predispositions...

And, in relate to the sickness kind of bad...or rapes...if astrology can predict you have a predisposition (or you will? ) to be raped or you are prone to be attacked or suffer an accident, isn´t it a real gift to warn the person/their parents so as to be more cautious?
January 3, 2020 at 21:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » RunnerChic85
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Feedback from a client should be truthful as well. If an interpretation was off and incorrect, we want to know that and improve next time. However, sometimes clients could lie, out of shame or privacy protection, about actual correct interpretation saying it´s wrong. Sometimes, astrologers can be tempted to lie as well, especially if a question is sort of wishful thinking and negative answer makes it even worse. Interpretation in astrology is always only relatively true. Many factors goes in an equation.
January 4, 2020 at 02:05
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » Luna Alba
"isn´t it a real gift to warn the person/their parents so as to be more cautious?"

This! I like to think of this in terms of tendencies/predispositions.

Tough thing to talk about, but my daughter had Saturn in the 4th house. I cringed when I saw that, as fourth house Saturn has been associated with difficult, overbearing mothers.. She also has Saturn square the ascendant.

My own 4th house has some ugly stuff (moon and Pluto both there, with Pluto in Scorpio). Needless to say, things in my childhood were ugly, and I´ve vowed never to be that kind of parent. Rosie´s 4th house Saturn makes me aware that I could have these tendencies--I´m not gonna lie, I can be very short-fused. Her 4th house Saturn makes me aware she has more suseptibility toward having a difficult childhood, so I´m working on my own issues so that doesn´t play out for her.
January 4, 2020 at 02:10
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » MarvinReal
Exactly--I´ll admit, I might be the kind of person to go along with things, even if it´s not exactly correct, all for the sake of being polite and not wanting conflict (thank you Libra moon)...I guess it depends on the rapport--if I feel the vibe is open and trusting, I´d probably tell him/her in a kind way that what they said is not entirely correct. I´m the kind of person where I appreciate feedback for myself (even if my initial reaction might be hurt), but have a hard time giving it without a ton of sugar-coating.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »