Things you didn’t know about the Czech language

September 27, 2019 at 04:20 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Things you didn’t know about the Czech language
Share your thoughts!

https://news.expats.cz/weekly-czech…

Czech is my native/mother/first language. I don´t live in my fatherland for many years lately,

I am especially glad for the point no. 5 in this article. ..... My viewpoint was always that English, and other languages, are terrible communication tool with their spelling rules. [[That´s why I will probably never reach native speaker level in English, despite using it since primary school, and living in England for so many years.]] In Czech language perhaps 95%+ of words are written the same way as we are pronouncing it.

Which of those 12 points interest you?

Do you consider anything else to be special in Czech?

I would love to hear about specifics of OTHER LANGUAGES TOO.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
September 27, 2019 at 04:54
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
That words can be ordered in different ways depending on what the speaker wishes to emphasize was interesting Marvin.

I found the whole article interesting. Plus the website itself.

My Great Grand Parents emigrated from what is now the Czech Republic in the late 1800s.

So I am interested in learning about my heritage.

Hopefully I can travel there someday.
September 27, 2019 at 05:05
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Leo Moon
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
That´s amazing, Leo Moon! Now Nutelina, GoldenLion5 and others with some sort of Czech heritage or descent.

It was the "Day of European Languages" day before yesterday, so we honour all languages! I wanna learn about theirs too.
September 27, 2019 at 08:08
(Aries) nutelina
Amazing, I didn’t know Ř was unique. I’d love to know about it’s origins hehe. Maybe a wood chopper angrily said: A já dnes budu řezat!
September 27, 2019 at 19:41
(Pisces) fishscales » Leo Moon
"That words can be ordered in different ways depending on what the speaker wishes to emphasize was interesting Marvin."

So "wild and crazy guys" can be reordered to "crazy and wild guys" and still mean the same thing?

Interesting...

Good thing kids learn how to write about meat first thing too.

If you can´t write about meat, you can´t write about pudding. How can you write about pudding if you can´t write about meat? :40:
September 27, 2019 at 19:51
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » fishscales
Ha ha! Meat and salt and pigs on the wing!

Or on the spit! :40:

:36: lets not forget the wonder of Czech beer!
September 27, 2019 at 19:58
(Pisces) fishscales » Leo Moon
":36: lets not forget the wonder of Czech beer!"

How could I forget Pilsner Urquell? :36:
September 27, 2019 at 20:09
(Pisces) fishscales » fishscales
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 27, 2019 at 22:32
(Aries) nutelina » fishscales
Man! I went homefrom shopping yesterday and I was tired so I thought let´s get a small beer to put some juice in this engine and it cost 30 for a small beer!
September 27, 2019 at 22:37
(Aries) nutelina » nutelina
I mean I can get great beer at a local pub in Letna for 16! It´s no so much alcohol but still darn good beer! :36:

They have Chotěboř and Kaisern?
September 27, 2019 at 23:09
(Pisces) fishscales » nutelina
"They have Chotěboř and Kaisern?"

Never seen those two.

Good?
September 27, 2019 at 23:11
Not good, excellent, amazing... but not to drink all the time.. speficic taste, ligher, more summer beer.
September 27, 2019 at 23:20
(Pisces) fishscales » nutelina
I see. International beer selection is pretty poor where I live in the US.

I´ll keep an eye out for those next time I´m in the "city." Always looking to try new stuff.
September 27, 2019 at 23:22
Oh it´s awesome... Hands down.. Maybe in southern Europe you´d get all kinds of wine and fresh fish.. I love tapas but Czech republic is amazing with regards to food, drings and going out... You can even smoke spliffs in some bars and clubs, I kid you not. It´s so free that I worry when and how it will end... That ugly EU wanting to push foreign people in from countries which were attacked by US. It´s all coordinated I tell you. Soros and what not, Epstein... OK going on a rant here. Time to go to bed.
September 28, 2019 at 03:01
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » fishscales
Sadly not many small Czech breweries send beer here.
September 28, 2019 at 07:36
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » nutelina
=====
I can´t believe that in 2019 you can get a beer for 16; Kč (CZK). If yes, I will be in a pub daily. I paid 27 koruns in HK (large Czech city, not Hong Kong) about two years ago. Prague is around 35 today, and most smaller cities few koruns less maybe. Tell me your secrets. Here is £5 !! for a decent beer. £3 most most brands. £1.50 Tesco beer alternative. It tastes poorly.
September 28, 2019 at 07:50
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
It seems that Czechs don´t speak dirty or too vulgar, because I didn´t find something similar like Urban dictionary for Czech language. I found dirty Germans, Spanish or French. Maybe you will find something for Czech. And I know Czechs ARE using colloquial language, street language, argot, and other dirty stuff too.
September 28, 2019 at 09:52
(Aries) nutelina » MarvinReal
Dirty word dictionary? Seems you live in the dirtiest country, at least according to the Czech search engine.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 28, 2019 at 09:56
September 28, 2019 at 09:58
So sadly just garbage not data? https://ios.lenodali.com/ReadArticl…
September 28, 2019 at 10:03
(Libra) leorising
marvin is boring you create a post to talk to yourself using two different users, this is a monologue?
September 28, 2019 at 12:08
Do you know Gene Deitch? I´ll post about him later on my thread about Czech Rep. because it is intimately related...

Oh this is so funny and you can listen do Czech language with subtitles. I loved his book :79:
YouTube
YouTube
September 28, 2019 at 12:42
If you can spot the Ř! :42:
September 28, 2019 at 19:16
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » leorising
=====
Well, unfortunately there isn´t enough people interested in the topic.

But Leo Moon, leorising, MarvinReal, Nutelina, fishscales, So far wrote here, .... and because your theory is that Nutelina and Marvin are the same person, :3: it´s even less contributors.

.... and why did you rejected such honour?? I never offered you friendship before!!!

And Nutelina is blocked for what reason? Because you think he is me?! :4:
September 28, 2019 at 19:25
(Libra) leorising » MarvinReal
I ran from danger
September 28, 2019 at 20:07
Ridiculous, you try to let people feel better, feel them welcome, joke around but some just don’t get it. Well I’m not feeling sorry for them anymore, might as well live my own life and be with real people.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »