MC: How the public sees us, or how we WANT to be seen?

July 31, 2019 at 15:39 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
MC: How the public sees us, or how we WANT to be seen?
Do you think the midheaven represents how the public sees us, how we *want* to be seen by the public, or a combination of both?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 31, 2019 at 17:11
(Scorpio) Sqwishie
I thought this only had more to do with 10th house career. Aspirations.
July 31, 2019 at 17:21
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Sqwishie
System message: Post has been written by user zodicat, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Aspirations, in general, tend to be described by the 3rd/9th axis.

It´s only extraordinarily common for one´s public image to revolve around the work one does or the career path one is on because of the kind of society we live in - namely a materialistic and consumerism-driven one.
July 31, 2019 at 17:54
(Libra) leorising
yes i believe, 10th house is our public image
July 31, 2019 at 19:17
(Pisces) N_thecat
MC - how we want to be seen by the Public (for sure),how we shape our public image, with our activity.That´s something what we do with conscious (it´s a creation)

Ascendant - how other people see us, and don´t have much impact on this. Ascendant in my opinion has much more in common with subconsious. We can´t control that or we can control how people see us in a small way.It´s not so easy to deal with that what Ascendant gives.
July 31, 2019 at 19:59
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The Ascendant is more important than the Medium Coeli because of the simple notion that it is NOT 90 dg. from the Asc/Dsc axis.
The MC is very much 90 dg. from the Asc/Dsc axis., it is just as important as the Ascendant!
At Astrodienst, their is always the option of a celebrity´s ´English MC´ with the other MC in the upper hemisphere.
The Inner-self is represented by the MC
We crave to know what makes the rich and famous "tick"
July 31, 2019 at 20:10
(Leo) HeavenSent
In my experience and observation, it´s more the former.

It´s how our public image appears and evolves, in the eyes of the community / the collective, regardless of our intended career goals and so on.

John Lennon comes to mind... "Life is what happens while you´re busy making other plans..." The MC is like that.

What is written in the stars will come to be even as we are busy going about the pursuit of our ambitions, career goals, etc.

And the MC is also about anything that brings us into the public eye that is quite unrelated to personal or professional ambitions -- which can range from getting arrested to being featured in the newspaper for whatever reason, to anything else in between...
July 31, 2019 at 20:42
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
Depends on what shade of Taurus.
July 31, 2019 at 21:24
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user spiral, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
both
August 1, 2019 at 02:35
(Pisces) fishscales » HeavenSent
"It´s how our public image appears and evolves, in the eyes of the community / the collective, regardless of our intended career goals and so on."

This is mostly how I see it.

I recently read an article that said we have an inherent respect for the qualities of the sign that rules our midheaven.

That got me thinking that maybe the midheaven is a product of our own creation to some degree.

After thinking about it some more though, I´ve got to come down more on the side that our MC represents our public image regardless of what we try to do to create and control it.

"John Lennon comes to mind... "Life is what happens while you´re busy making other plans..." The MC is like that."

Nailed it. :44:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »