How much do you associate yourself with your horoscope?

June 1, 2019 at 12:44 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) Tar8284
How much do you associate yourself with your horoscope?
Very recently, I learned that my birth time was not accurate and because of this, my natal chart, predictions, and everything I did throughout the year (astrology is my year’s hobby) was not accurate too. :78:
In the country of my birth it was not customary to record the time of birth, but what they said turned out to be 1 hour and 20 minutes before the very moment of my birth (and only thanks to the fact that the sunset was happening at the time of my birth, I was able to identify the error) :94:
And only with a new horoscope, the meaning and explanation for me turned out to be more accurate, but for more than a year I adapted to the position that was indicated and thought that I might be missing something or something I don’t understand.I only had a difference in the houses but changed my dominance from the 7th to the 8th house and as you understand the difference is quite large. :160:
Therefore, my question is that how strongly people in this forum associate themselves with their horoscope, I discovered an error within a year, and for someone it may take decades.
Did anyone have any similar cases and how did you deal with it?
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 1, 2019 at 13:01
(Cancer) TimeLord
Should be near about 95% or more for my case.
Cos Time may be plus or minus 2min different not more.
Of course one must have to be a really a Astrologer to Read Chart. And methods using must be good enough. There are lot of branches of Astrology many have it´s own limitations. Astrology is ancient subject. Some parts are missing too. So 100% must be tough but not impossible.
June 1, 2019 at 13:02
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
100%, i have spent almost a decade of internal searching and understanding myself.
June 1, 2019 at 13:13
(Cancer) TimeLord » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
Awesome!
Then Readers must have flaw or limitation in my case then.
Still not sure about 2min change time can change how much.
June 1, 2019 at 13:14
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » TimeLord
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I never asked others, i began to understand the planets, aspects and houses on a fundamental level, then applied my real reality with what was in my natal chart.
June 1, 2019 at 13:21
(Cancer) TimeLord » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
I asked others and tried myself too.
Never able to get 100% accurate future Prediction yet.
Always little short.
But the main theme more or less accurate.
June 1, 2019 at 13:30
(Aries) astro-flame
I had a similar thing (birth time mix-up) but it didn´t last for so long :39: only for about a month, when I just started looking into astrology my mom gave me a time that was 1 hour later than the actual time recorded by my dad. So for a month I thought my ASC was in Virgo which was kind of strange, but it resolved quickly and now everything clicks in place.

Another thing now is that I´ve used Placidus for the last 3 years but now I have started studying with the London´s Faculty of Astrology and by requirements of the school we use Equal house system in all our homework and exams. Homework includes working with your own chart and Equal Houses shift the dominance from 9th to 8th which on one hand seems wrong, as I have tons of 9th house stuff going on in my life, from living a third of it abroad, to majoring interpreting and translation (I speak 3 languages) to finally taking up a job as an English teacher (9th again) in China - so, foreign travel again!

On the other hand, 8th feeds well into my Scorpio placements and I am definitely interested in these themes also

So I do identify with my chart...in Placidus! And I am just rediscovering my chart from a new perspective through Equal :23:
June 1, 2019 at 14:34
(Pisces) fishscales
I try not to associate *myself* with my chart, but rather use my chart as an indicator of my tendencies.

By understanding my chart, I can tell I have alot of tendencies that need to be transcended. Lol.

I forgot who wrote this, but a long time ago I read that the whole purpose of understanding your birth chart, at least the negative aspects of it, is to enable yourself to transcend your birth chart. I agree with this.
June 1, 2019 at 14:37
(Scorpio) SpaceChild » fishscales
I like this. I definitely see my chart as things I need to overcome and improve upon.

But as for it being in association with who I am, I don´t know much about astrology (I hate that I keep saying that everywhere), but from what I´ve learned and been told, it seems to fit at least 75% with how I am. Long road to learn.
June 1, 2019 at 16:09
(Aries) ram_goat » fishscales
I forgot who wrote this, but a long time ago I read that the whole purpose of understanding your birth chart, at least the negative aspects of it, is to enable yourself to transcend your birth chart. I agree with this.

I´ve heard elsewhere in religious circles, that the point of prophecy in the bible was not to know the future but to understand how to live/act/be *in the present moment*. Predicting the future is a dodgy business. People of ordinary ability are terrible at it. I think it is largely a waste of time for 99% of people. Live in the present. It´s the only moment you´ll ever have. Predicting the future is misuse. Most people can´t really handle the truth anyway, or keep their egos in neutral gear to do it accurately anyway. Once the ego is "gone" enough to predict with any accuracy, the answers are of no use to you, because concern for the future (as opposed to living in the present) is born of the ego and a fixation with the "self". Round & round. Self defeating circle. Just get out and live life.

June 1, 2019 at 19:21
(Pisces) fishscales » ram_goat
This is why I pretty much ignore transits.

Trying times are always going to lie ahead. Just live them. No need to know about them in advance. Keeps you on your toes.

I do like studying the natal chart though, to get a handle on the archetypal energies that are inside of me, how they interact, and how any conflicts between them might be resolved.

It´s all somehow easier to deal with when I have a map in front of me clearly illustrating why I´m so fucked up. Makes it more "official." :15:
June 1, 2019 at 19:40
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user goldenlion32, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I think this depends on the culture and where you were born. I know in my small community, they are pretty much anal about getting records right, time of birth, even footprint of child, thumb print of mother, filing for social security right away. My birth time is pretty accurate.

I was born with another girl I later became friends with and she was born two hours before me and you can see how our lives are completely different just by the schools we went too, the home life, and activities.

Even our color of hair is red and brunette. We´re both white, both Christians, but got married different times, I had children and she didn´t. I had a broken home where her parents stayed married.

My siblings were disconnected while hers grew up in the same home.

We can be a like in a lot of ways, but have two different ways of relating.

Again I know there are celebrities born on the same day and we experience a lot of the same things in life, but on different time frames and more to do with Ascendant and Midheaven.

So yes, it is important to have accurate records. I´m not sure why people have issues with record keeping in some cultures.
June 1, 2019 at 19:43
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user goldenlion32, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I kind of agree. I didn´t know anything while mastering my soul intentions the last 16 years until Saturn in Sagittarius. And I am thankful I didn´t know, because I got more out of the experience by trusting my intuition and overcoming the obstacles. There´s important lessons in that, and you really can´t avoid learning the soul lessons.

I see astrology as one tool out of many, a map of soul intentions, but you can stare at your chart forever and waste a lot of time trying to avoid learning the soul intentions.
June 1, 2019 at 19:54
(Pisces) fishscales » goldenlion32
Right, honesty is essential if studying your birth chart is going to help you to identify negative, devolutionary tendencies.

The other half of it is willpower... having the will to make the changes.

So knowing astrology really only helps with half the battle.

The battle of self-transformation, like all battles, is won not through knowledge alone, but through the application of knowledge and action in unison.
June 1, 2019 at 21:00
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
=====
As painful as it was, this was my experience. Going through the actions every day, educating, applying, adapting, adjusting, problem shooting, learning to trust my intuition regardless of what life looked like physically.
June 1, 2019 at 21:16
(Pisces) fishscales » goldenlion32
Pain in the ass isn´t it?

Having a similar conversation on another thread.

The self-analasys and striving to change is necessary, but sometimes I think I overdo it.

Have to just "be" sometimes as well, but not get complacent and lose sight of the fight.
June 2, 2019 at 03:12
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
I looked up information on Italian Witch Evelyn Paglini and there are gaps in her history like no birth time; So she has protection in perpetuity.
There are too many halfway decent and good birth times to get bogged down in what is permanently Occulted, so I can be a :40: about information.
Some folks will alway have a sub-D Rodden Rating whether we like it or not; "Nakeder" ratings where ALL is revealed can get us whipped as easily as hoisted and foisted up!
Warned by Psychics and Religious Fanatics alike on how perilous Astrology can be does not make me cease and desist from associating myself with my horoscope!
The Magi Associates Magi Astrology might be the best for sowing together lose ends.
They would put the semi-sextile instead of the semi-square in the list of Astrological symbols, because :196: is a bit limited in influence.
Howard Phillips Lovecraft had Astrology :191: :151: :194: Ceres and Juno and decided to err on the side of Ceres and Juno on the matter of Astrology.
This website went public when :155: was squaring another Astrology degree so it is bound to make some folks boil! :9: :10: :11: :21:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Pisces Pisces
Show calendar »