Moon in Cancer

February 22, 2021 at 11:40 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) JasmineTheAstrologer
Moon in Cancer
Hi everyone!
My natal Moon is in Cancer, and it greatly influences my life. It makes me what I am most of the time. I´m quite happy with the placement.
What about you? Do you have a natal Moon in Cancer, or maybe some of the people you´re close with has it? What are your experiences with this placement?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3
Sort posts:
February 22, 2021 at 12:02
(Pisces) celeste6
My sister has this placement and I don’t know anybody as sensitive as she is.
Even though an ex-friend used to tell me that I am sensitive to an extreme level. Surprise surprise, she’s an ex-friend now :21: (p.s. my sun is in Pisces and moon in Taurus)
But my sister is more and she makes sure you understand that. You start feeling stuff air and tense energy around when she’s offended.
So the problem with this placement (from my perspective) in case of my sister is that she gets offended too easily, even though I’m not trying to be mean. Or maybe I just don’t notice that :63:
But even small word that she doesn’t like can bring spoiled mood of everyone around :))
Holds grudge for a while too. Not easily forgivable or forgetting other faults.
February 22, 2021 at 13:14
(Sagittarius) Psyle
I have a Cancer Moon in the 2nd house

I am very sensitive. In social situations I feel like I´m walking around naked. My body (2nd house) is a kind of crossroad which feels all sorts of sensations and hidden shadows (Moon trine Lilith). I have a high esteem for women (Cancer Moon trine Pisces Lilith). After toying around with psychotherapy I realized how I could literally cry entire rivers. Despite my Sag Sun I can be quite introverted when it comes to social interactions and also in every day life (Moon square 5th house Jupiter, Moon opposite 8th house Uranus, 12th house South Node). I used to be very prone to addictions (2nd house). When everything goes wrong I usually hide in consumerism (Cancer and 2nd house) and escapism (Pisces). I also have stomach issues (Cancer = belly) which occured when Pr Sun opposed natal Moon, and Jupiter (retrograde) hit natal Moon among many other transits.

This year (Progressed Moon return in Cancer) I have been unusually sensitive, introverted and hungry.

I feel like a walking icecube :7:
February 22, 2021 at 13:21
(Libra) leorising
my moon is gemini 28 degrees Out borders, I am rational but i am very emotional and always compassionate, i have seen people with moon in gemini and they seem a coldness that i do not have.
I believe that my moon is already influenced by the next sign. I really like staying at home, I like food, I get emotional easily. :108:
February 22, 2021 at 13:31
(Cancer) JasmineTheAstrologer » celeste6
Well, Moon in Cancer people can get emotional... However, if one accepts that as a part of life and one´s personality, with the right techniques and a little effort, this can be overcome. I´d love to take a look at your sister´s chart. You can send me a personal message and maybe I can give you some specific advice.

February 22, 2021 at 13:38
(Cancer) JasmineTheAstrologer » Psyle
Sorry to hear that you´re having trouble with your Moon in Cancer... I see you also have the Moon-Neptune opposition. This might be causing you additional issues regarding your values and the addictions you mention might have been due to Neptune.
The solution to your problems should be sought in the 11th house - through friends and some humanitarian organizations - maybe it would be beneficial for you to join some. Just a friendly advice. Take care! Thanks for sharing.

February 22, 2021 at 13:55
I don´t mind if you attach it here. I only thought maybe you want to protect your sister´s privacy if she is not a member of this community.
February 22, 2021 at 13:59
(Pisces) celeste6 » JasmineTheAstrologer
I asked her and she doesn’t mind, but I hid the place and time of birth anyways just in case :)
February 22, 2021 at 14:08
So I see that her Moon is in the eight house, and her Sun is in Virgo, so it might be beneficial for her to write down her dreams regularly - keep a consistent dream journal. This might help her figure our where the emotional outbursts are coming from. They´re probably deeply rooted in her subconsciousness and there are probably some deeply rooted fears there as well. It would also help if she would try to develop that Sag outward personality - this is what is necessary to overcome emotional reactions.

February 22, 2021 at 14:13
(Pisces) celeste6 » JasmineTheAstrologer
Thank you for your advice! I will pass it on to her :6:
February 22, 2021 at 14:15
(Gemini) UgurCan
I have this aspect. In addition, there is Jupiter. I have to say that this aspect really gives you a super memory. It gives a memory called "elephant memory". You develop empathy, and you can experience that feeling with the other people. It also tells us that we must also trust our feelings of the Moon against the logical structure of Mercury. That´s a good thing for me, because I´m a Gemini. It keeps me from thinking about logic all the time. Sometimes I can only make decisions because it makes me happy or because I love it. At the same time, I can express my feelings much more easily.

It is important to note that the Moon is also variable. Our feelings can sometimes go far beyond our thoughts. We can be very confused. We must protect our minds from emotional tides. Since you´re already under the sign of cancer, you might have to pay more attention to it.

(Looked at as Moon-Mercury conj.)
February 22, 2021 at 14:43
You´re welcome!

February 22, 2021 at 14:50
(Sagittarius) Psyle » JasmineTheAstrologer
That makes sense because the 11th-5th house axis is squaring my sensitive 2nd-8th house axis so it creates a sort of balance. I´ll have to work on that 5th house Jupiter.

And when Neptune entered Pisces in 2011 I saw many kinds of addictions within me and other people. So the Neptune-Moon opposition is definitely at play.
February 22, 2021 at 14:54
(Cancer) JasmineTheAstrologer » leorising
Well, any planet after the 25th degree has at least some characteristics as if it were in the following sign, so this might be the case with your Moon. My Sun is such an example - everyone says I´m more a Leo than a Cancer... Also, your Moon is connected to Neptune, which rules Pisces, so emotions might come from this relationship. Your Moon is well aspected with the Sun (trine) so this also benefits you and makes you a balanced person.

February 22, 2021 at 15:09
(Cancer) JasmineTheAstrologer » UgurCan
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience!

February 22, 2021 at 17:35
(Cancer) wildfl❀wer
I have Cancer Sun, Moon, Mercury like you. It is in the 10th house, I like it, a blessing, a planet in its rulership unlike many others and it shows that my intentions and motivations are pretty much good as Moon is final dispositor for almost whole chart.

However, I already feel Saturn and Jupiter transit in the 8th house from the Moon :/ Do you feel?
What do you think of Sun and Moon conjunction? Moon reflects things nearby. Do you think you are Cancer? Or a bit Leo?
February 22, 2021 at 17:56
(Cancer) JasmineTheAstrologer » wildfl❀wer
Well said - a blessing. Yes, in its rulership and really strong! Emotional doesn´t mean weak.
Also what you said about intentions - good intentions - true.
I definitely always feel the transits of the slow planets, but I manage them, in my own way...
Sun-Moon conjunction can sometimes be tricky to manage, but I actually don´t have it. It requires work on your emotions, but it can be managed.
Well, I´m pretty much a Leo, but also a Cancer - I try to take the best of both signs.
Thanks for sharing!

February 22, 2021 at 20:13
(Leo) Zephyrin
My mother has a Virgo stellium with Moon in Cancer. Very caring and considerate when I need her but sometimes her demanding attitudes, desire to make me perfect and her words can be heartbreaking. I blame her Virgo placements :1:

She gets along well with my Taurus Moon. :6:
February 22, 2021 at 20:42
(Cancer) JasmineTheAstrologer » Zephyrin
Yes, the desire to make you perfect does sound like a Virgo characteristic... Caring and considerate sounds like a Cancer...
Thanks for sharing!

February 23, 2021 at 02:30
(Virgo) csrcto
I know a boy who has the moon in cancer, when he goes to his house he wants to make you feel that his home is your home, you can see his sensitivity from the moment you see him with the naked eye. He really likes to see images of his childhood, for him, one of his favorite hobbies is seeing images of when he was 5 years old and playing with whatever.
February 23, 2021 at 07:26
(Cancer) JasmineTheAstrologer » csrcto
Thanks for sharing. Your Moon position is also interesting...

February 23, 2021 at 18:47
(Virgo) nataliacytrus
I can be sensitive, but not emotional personally. But intense emotional reactions manifest when I´m watching or hearing stories. I think this moon in cancer makes me want to make people feel comfortable at any place. It´s in the first house, and it gives me the ability to feel the energy around me, of people or places.
February 23, 2021 at 18:55
(Aries) nutelina
I like Cancer moon of course but it´s a difficult placement I think. I haven´t met ´stable´ people with Moon in Cancer.
February 23, 2021 at 18:57
(Aries) nutelina » Zephyrin
Do you have bad aspects or could it be your Sun is just between Virgo and Cancer? :63:
February 23, 2021 at 19:23
(Cancer) JasmineTheAstrologer » nataliacytrus
I see it´s conjunct you Asc... Interesting placement! You must be feeling emotions almost physically. You also have some really good trines in the chart. Your Sun in Virgo stabilizes the energy I believe.
Thanks for sharing.

February 23, 2021 at 19:37
(Leo) Zephyrin » nutelina
It may not be because of the Leo Sun but I have harsh Moon aspects. Maybe that explains why I´m badly affected by her changing behaviour.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »