Quote Of The Day Thread

July 3, 2019 at 14:55 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Quote Of The Day Thread
Post your favorite quotes: anything you find insightful, meaningful, funny, etc.

"These are the days that must happen to you" - Walt Whitman, from "Song of the Open Road"

Posts in topic

Page: / 24 

Sort posts:
September 21, 2020 at 13:59
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » fishscales
This isn’t a short quote. It’s 2 minutes 12 seconds.

I find it as applicable today as it was in 1980s when it was made.

It should be labeled “John Cleese on Extremism and self righteousness.”
YouTube
YouTube
September 21, 2020 at 13:46
(Pisces) fishscales
A good one from Stephen King on his birthday...

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win."

Sounds like a man who understands the workings of the human ego, whether he knows it or not.
September 4, 2020 at 11:39
(Pisces) fishscales » Leo Moon
"Too bad people like Zappa or Hunter S Thompson aren’t around for comment on 2020."

Or George Carlin...

"When I was a little boy in New York City in the 1940s, we swam in the Hudson River and it was filled with raw sewage okay? We swam in raw sewage! You know… to cool off! And at that time, the big fear was polio; thousands of kids died from polio every year but you know something? In my neighborhood, no one ever got polio! No one! Ever! You know why? Cause we swam in raw sewage! It strengthened our immune systems! The polio never had a prayer; we were tempered in raw shit! So personally, I never take any special precautions against germs. I don’t shy away from people that sneeze and cough, I don’t wipe off the telephone, I don’t cover the toilet seat, and if I drop food on the floor, I pick it up and eat it! Yes I do. Even if I’m at a sidewalk café! In Calcutta! The poor section! On New Year’s morning during a soccer riot! And you know something? In spite of all that so-called risky behavior, I never get infections, I don’t get them, I don’t get colds, I don’t get flu, I don’t get headaches, I don’t get upset stomach, you know why? Cause I got a good strong immune system and it gets a lot of practice."
September 4, 2020 at 10:42
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » fishscales
Frank Zappa also said. “ You don’t have to wash it and I ain’t gonna squash it.” :4:

Too bad people like Zappa or Hunter S Thompson aren’t around for comment on 2020.
September 4, 2020 at 10:21
(Pisces) fishscales
"If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library."

Frank Zappa
September 4, 2020 at 03:01
(Virgo) Nani Nanook
The robbed that smiles,
Steals something from the thief

~Shakespeare
September 4, 2020 at 02:09
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » Nani Nanook
I missed Your reply until now.

I met Mr Rodgers at the Pittsburgh Zoo. I was walking through the reptile house and he was just sitting on a chair in the corridor.

I can’t remember what I said, it was 1973-74, but I remember getting that feeling of kindness and authenticity. Just as he seemed on TV.

He wasn’t making an appearance or anything......he probably was visiting the zoo and sat down for a bit.

So it was just me and my family meeting him.

Thank You. I try to be kind but don’t always succeed.

Tuesie’s purr is relaxing. It’s always cozy to curl up with a purring cat. :92:
September 4, 2020 at 01:31
(Pisces) AphroditePrincess
“You can close your eyes to the things you don´t want to see, but you can´t close your heart to the things you don´t want to feel.”
Johnny Depp
This quote resonates with me so much :78: :80:
September 4, 2020 at 01:21
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user easierwithpractice, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
“I have always longed to be part of the outward life, to be out there at the edge of things, to let the human taint wash away in emptiness and silence as the fox sloughs his smell into the cold unworldliness of water; to return to town a stranger. Wandering flushes a glory that fades with arrival.”
― J.A. Baker, The Peregrine
September 4, 2020 at 00:19
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.“

Bertrand Russell
August 31, 2020 at 19:52
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Said the Capricorn Boss to the Scorpio Hitman:

"Professionals Don´t Get Dirty" - Chadjames

Says so in my bio.
August 31, 2020 at 18:47
(Pisces) fishscales » Jessijessi504
Ain´t that the truth...
August 31, 2020 at 18:41
(Scorpio) Jessijessi504
“If voting made any difference, they wouldn’t let us do it”
-mark twain
August 31, 2020 at 14:27
(Pisces) fishscales
"Forgiveness is the energy that holds the universe together."

Don´t know where I heard this, or who said it, but the more I think about it, the more true it seems.
August 31, 2020 at 13:42
(Libra) leorising
I wanted to leave a public message today, I was watching videos on YouTube about the situation in Africa, I thought: I´m going to leave a message on the Astroseek forum for people to remember to help Africa. I did my part today. :68: :68: :68:
August 31, 2020 at 13:25
(Virgo) Nani Nanook
:62:
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
August 31, 2020 at 12:55
(Virgo) Nani Nanook » Leo Moon
Sorry for the late response...this one slipped through...

What an experience! What was he like!?

Did you see his new movie?

You are very kind imo. So here’s a quote just for you:

“Tuesie’s purrs, calm the nerves.”
~Nani Nanook
August 31, 2020 at 07:06
(Taurus) nutelina » fishscales
Sorry Fishscales, I somehow missed the whole thread! That said, they are not as similar as we might think. In Gandhi´s times voilence was much more prevalent. Eleanor Roosevelt is talking about what you might feel when people are nasty to you.
August 30, 2020 at 10:54
(Pisces) fishscales » rohini moon
"A friend to all is a friend to none."

Must have missed this the first time around.

Excellent.
August 30, 2020 at 10:53
(Pisces) fishscales » nutelina
Similar principle as one of the quotes I posted earlier in the thread:

"Nobody can hurt me without my permission." - Mahatma Gandhi
August 30, 2020 at 10:14
(Taurus) nutelina
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
January 25, 2020 at 02:27
(Pisces) fishscales
How bout some love for Aristotle´s teacher?

"The first and greatest victory is to conquer yourself; to be conquered by yourself is of all things most shameful and vile."

Plato
January 25, 2020 at 02:20
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user 3ofSwords, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"Poetry is finer and more philosophical than history; for poetry expresses the universal, and history only the particular. Hence poetry is something more philosophic and of graver import than history, since its statements are rather of the nature of universals, whereas those of history are singulars."
-Aristotle

Love this thread! Amazed it´s been ongoing so long. Everyone is wonderful here! And awe kitties!! I am rather indecisive on quoting quotes... I love history, philosophy, love, kitties ect ect :79:
January 24, 2020 at 22:55
(Gemini) stigmí
“....It is worth to look into a curved mirror and to be not angry at the image that appears. Who knows if it´s not our true face....”
F. Cinger
January 24, 2020 at 22:43
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Nani Nanook
System message: Post has been written by user Rosa‏‏‎ ‎, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Very lovely. Something we should remind to ourselves everyday!
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Capricorn Capricorn
Show calendar »