Who needs a life outside of work

July 9, 2021 at 00:06 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Who needs a life outside of work
I mean, really? I should just be glad I have a job, right?

Who cares if its all consuming and takes every minute of every day and leaves you with no energy to invest into anything else.

Im just a lucky guy. Gotta rest up so I can go do it again. And again. And again

Insert hamster wheel image here

:47:

Hope all of you have normal and healthy social lives :37:

Great news though. I get time off in January. The suck-ass-iest month of the year

Posts in topic

Page: 5 4 3 2 1
Sort posts:
July 10, 2021 at 14:34
(Scorpio) OS*
It’s hard to find something you “love” doing without it feeling like labor. Isn’t that the “dream” ?

I’ve changed careers three times, complete 180 shifts. At first, I had drive, passion etc and after a while it get so boring, tiring, draining. This always happens. then, I feel this “itch” for a change. Maybe it’s my NN in the tenth driven on achievements. and it’s never enough, I always find myself chasing for the next one. Probably other elements to my chart as well, Cancer on the MC, conjunct my Moon. Change in “Careers” etc. I have this weird feeling of being at "home" when working, having Capricorn on the IC it´s hard to just relax. . .
July 10, 2021 at 13:52
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » fishscales
Kk, I´m half asleep...
July 10, 2021 at 13:51
(Pisces) fishscales » Iceblu333
"Being a Taurus...

Money and securing money comes first..."

Well I´m not a Taurus sun...

But I do have Venus and Mars there...

For me, the sensual aspects of Taurus are far more important than the financial ones...

Money´s OK, but I´m certainly not going to waste my time and energy trying to get more than I realistically need.

I will, however, waste massive amounts of time and energy pursuing sensual experiences.. :61:

July 10, 2021 at 13:43
(Pisces) fishscales » OS*
"My dad always said stuff like; You have 24h in a day, 8h for work, 8h for leisure and 8h for rest. I find it hard at times to keep this balance."

Yeah, I used to subscribe to this philosophy, but once you have kids, "leisure" seems to get the short end of the stick...

It´s "go to work, go home and do more work, pass out on the couch from exhaustion"...

I think the 8 hour workday is bullshit...6 hours is much better...when the whole covid thing took off, my hours got reduced to 6 hours a day/30 hours a week...it felt so much more natural...just having those extra two hours to reconnect with family, friends, and the things you like to do...

I´ve also often thought:

According to the arrangement of the houses in the horoscope, work should only take up (tops) 1/6th of the life (if you take the 6th and 10th houses to represent job/career)

How bout it?? :75:
July 10, 2021 at 13:39
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
July 10, 2021 at 13:36
Being a Taurus...

Money and securing money comes first...

It´s nice to have pretty things but there´s a stark difference between owning and admiring...

There´s also a saying... you dont own her... its just your turn... you can never own another human being... or living thing... and if I can´t own it... I dont want it...

But I digress...

If "pretty" tries to take my shit...

Things won´t be pretty...

That´s all I´m going to say...
July 10, 2021 at 13:30
Lol...

Yeah, probably a safer choice...

But what can I say...as a heavily Taurus influenced person, I like surrounding myself with pretty things...

Not that I make that a hiring practice...

A guy can dream though :3:
July 10, 2021 at 13:29
(Scorpio) OS*
I feel you. I don’t know what’s your status but personally I don’t have kids. The friends I had in my 20s either all have children or those who don’t are still part of the “bar scene”, not really my thing. in both cases I can’t relate anymore and the relationships just dissolved over time. . .

People I “socialize” with mostly are coworkers, and I dislike most of them.

Someone working 40+ hours a week tends to spend more time on the job than with their families, friends etc. Weekends, days off goes by real fast since we all have personal obligations of top of work.

My dad always said stuff like; You have 24h in a day, 8h for work, 8h for leisure and 8h for rest. I find it hard at times to keep this balance. and not get caught in that hamster wheel. . .
July 10, 2021 at 13:23
Someone more like this...
Login
(Log in)
July 10, 2021 at 13:21
Actually. If she were my sister it would make things worse...

She would know pretty much everything about my assets...

And if she decided to sue me...

Well there May be a lifetime original movie made off the results of our little "incident"... :47:
July 10, 2021 at 13:16
"Wouldn´t touch or hire her if she was my sister..."

Well, if she was your sister, that would eliminate the risk factor at least...
July 10, 2021 at 13:14
That pretty face is now a business risk... liability

Wouldn´t hire her even if she was my sister...
July 10, 2021 at 13:11
"Oh, you´re thinking about hot girls and ect... as a person to fill the role..."

Not really to fill the role, but in general...yes :4:

Although there are worse things to walk into at work than this...

Would most likely lead to trouble in the long run tho...

Maybe the Christian guy idea is more tenable...
Login
(Log in)
July 10, 2021 at 13:04
When I say malleable... I mean someone who is young and fresh to work and have not been tarnished by job disappointments and ect... and also have the willingness to learn....

Someone who is happy to have the job, and will bend over backwards to help keep things afloat...

MAKE SURE YOU PAY THEM WHAT THEY ARE WORTH.
July 10, 2021 at 13:02
When it comes to a job like this... I wouldn´t hire a female...

With the ME-TWO movement going on... I would hire the milk-toast, most Christian guy I could find...

Not crazy attractive... but meh... I´m half sleep...
July 10, 2021 at 12:56
Oh, you´re thinking about hot girls and ect... as a person to fill the role...

Lol, sorry...

I´m half awake and haven´t drank any fun juice to loosen up my actual seriousness...

Sorry for not catching the joke...

I can be dead serious sometimes... I guess that´s the problem with having a bipolar Gemini moon...
July 10, 2021 at 12:52
Dude..relax...

No one is accusing you of anything..

And I am the last person to get "offended"...I don´t even think being "offended" is a real thing, that´s why I always put it in quotation marks..

But when someone is talking about a receptionist using the words "young", "eager", and "malleable", my mind (as a self-professed dirty old man) just goes to a certain place...

Not saying that was the intent of your post...
July 10, 2021 at 12:39
I´m not that emotional when it comes to words and ect...

I´m not saying trick anyone...

I´m saying he has a role that needs to be filled...

Title it whatever...

I dont know how that possibly could confuse or offend anyone....

It´s a point blank answer...
July 10, 2021 at 12:36
Ok, how about this.

He needs to find someone who is capable of doing a job that is aggravating the shit out of him...

No one has said anything about tricks or whatever... under the table whatever

You can title the job whatever you want to title the job...

But at the end of the day. This dude has a personal management problem...

That´s all...
July 10, 2021 at 12:33
(Taurus) nutelina
Just do what you love would be the wisest answer. But we all know we need to feed the parasites..
July 10, 2021 at 12:33
"He needs someone who is able to take care of his business without bothering him..."

That´s not what I meant..

It sounded like you were suggesting he get a receptionist that did some...under the table work...not talking about how she gets paid...

Just the words you used...

Maybe it´s just where my mind´s been at the past few days... :76:
July 10, 2021 at 12:24
"This somehow sounds like you think he should get a receptionist that goes above and beyond just answering phones"

That´s EXACTLY what I mean...

He needs someone who is able to take care of his business without bothering him...

If he finds someone who can do that...

THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED...

AND

There is nothing wrong with that...

Simply pay them what they are worth...

And things should work themselves out...

AS long as the person filling the job is capable...

If this guy is stressing now... imagine him at 65 years old doing the same thing... its going to come a point where he´s not going to be able to do it anymore...

But I digress...
July 10, 2021 at 11:48
"The PROBLEM is you and your management skills...

Solve that and you can have more time to do other things such as relaxing."

I like ya Sunny, but I think ice makes a good point here...

The nice-guy Libra rising approach I´m guessing you have at work can make things alot harder than they have to be in the long run...it´s a good position for having the shit eventually pile up on oneself...

You just need to set a very clear performance threshold with your staff, and then enforce it...mercilessly...even when you don´t feel like it...like I wrote in another post...create a new culture in the workplace..once the expectation has been established, and is respected by everyone, the "enforcement" part of it becomes alot less frequent...although you can´t let your guard down, particularly when you introduce a new employee into the mix...

In other words...you´ve got to be more of a dick :44:
July 10, 2021 at 11:37
"you need a receptionist. A Young and Eager receptionist...

That is malleable enough to learn about your business you built."

This somehow sounds like you think he should get a receptionist that goes above and beyond just answering phones...if you take my meaning...

"Young", "eager", "malleable"... :61:

I´m not "offended" or anything, just sayin...
July 10, 2021 at 11:22
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Iceblu333
:4:

Thanks Ice. I appreciate the suggestions. Some very good points. 👍
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »