Astrology and the kind of voice we have.

January 14, 2021 at 02:36 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) Saiya
Astrology and the kind of voice we have.
What positions or planets/aspects/houses indicates someone´s voice?

I guess it is connected to the Venus sign and the 2nd house, because it is related to the throat. Am I right?

What do you think? What kind of voice do different astrologic signs have?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 20, 2021 at 14:52
(Leo) Pam630 » fishscales
Hello!

I´m new here & have a question about my voice. I have always had a slightly nasal voice. It sounds better when I sing & I used to sing In my church choir & was the soloist.
I know medically what I was born with-https://www.healthline.com/hea…

But In your Natal Chart can Indicate this?
In my Chart:
Mercury In Leo-11th House
Libra In my 2nd House- No Planet there.
Venus In Cancer-11th House.
My Sun Is also In leo-11th House.
Any Insight appreciated-TYIA! :175: :176: :176:
January 17, 2021 at 07:12
(Leo) SilverStar
Libra´s have sexy voices to me!! Especially Libra men!
January 17, 2021 at 01:48
(Pisces) fishscales » LotusStar
"I associate it with Mercury first and foremost.

I think the sound of someone´s voice and how they talk is more Mercury."

You know...so do I...

Everyone is always like "2nd house, Venus" blah blah...

Yeah I get that...

Maybe those things have more to do with the physical structure the voice emanates from...

But Mercury...has to do with tempo, inflection, and style...

That which animates the voice should be considered as part of the voice, I think...

I´d say it´s a combo between the Venus/2nd house stuff and Mercury...
January 16, 2021 at 20:12
(Aries) Jay Jay » Saiya
Yes. Traumatic events can make you feel small and scared. Unless a person works to release the emotional aftermath, you would not necessarily change how you speak. But, you can change how you feel and how you speak. It´s never too late. But, usually, we need to work at it.
January 16, 2021 at 19:46
(Scorpio) Saiya » Jay Jay
Yes, I agree that event in childhood can impact someones voice.

Jay Jay, do you think traumatic events in childhood could imapact someones voice or blocks it, so that the voice doesn´t develope in normal way and stays childish somehow? Could it be that way?
January 16, 2021 at 19:35
(Virgo) RohiniMoon
In my chart,

2nd house = Jupiter in Sagittarius

Moon/Rahu = Taurus

Mercury in Leo = 10th house

---

I like to be heard. Probably due to Jupiter being in the second. Not loudly, but I speak very clearly and concisely so I am heard. That could also be a symptom of the Leo Mercury.
January 16, 2021 at 19:29
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild
My voice is deep, monotonous, and generally quiet/neutral. Often though, if I have to speak more loudly for some reason, others mistake me as being angry.

I´m not sure what to make of my astrological configurations regarding my voice, though.
Tropical Mercury in Leo, Sidereal Mercury in Cancer.
Tropical Venus in Cancer, Sidereal Venus in Gemini.
Taurus 2nd House (Placidus) containing Mars; Pisces 2nd House (Whole Signs).

Beats me. :25:
January 16, 2021 at 17:27
(Scorpio) Plamen
I dont know my voice where can it can be found in my chart, but its monotonous. Even when im angry i sound as if im calm, but it becomes more sharp. I talk slow, strong. Because of my voice, people think me as something of a authority :2: :75: Its imposible if im somewhere social and there is loud music or talking and when im talking to someone he cannot hear me ( even at 1 meter apart ), because of my low-leveled voice. Im not happy when there is a loud music and people can speak to each-others far apart normally, but when i speak, everybody is "Sorry, but say it again" :61: :75: :39: :43: :63:
January 16, 2021 at 15:34
(Aries) Jay Jay
Generally, we look to Taurus-Venus when considering the voice or throat - but this is not really about the quality of the voice - only that there is a focus on it. People with a throat disorder like thyroid issues, will have Venus and Taurus prominent in their charts, for instance. Venus on the ASC or Taurus rising is said to give a beautiful voice - but it isn´t always true. I´m not even sure it has any statistical validity at all.

The sound and quality of one´s voice can be drastically changed with voice lessons. I know because I was a voice teacher. I can have a little girl voice, an opera voice, or a deep mature voice whenever I want to. The way a voice sounds is not permanent. You just have to learn how to use your body and voice. Yes there are some obvious physical features that might make a voice higher or lower or have a certain kind of tone - but again, this can be drastically changed. We all have a unique voice signature.

I don´t think you can assign the quality of voice with a sign. Most people use their voices like the family - we model how to speak from those around us - that´s how people learn language and why all languages have a different tone.

People with very soft voices usually have them due to psychological reasons - like they were put down because they were too loud as kids, or they were taught children should be seen but not heard - expected to be quiet around adults - or were somehow judged for speaking their minds - too many pscyhological reasons for not developing a strong voice to list.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
January 14, 2021 at 10:27
(Virgo) LotusStar » Saiya
How would you describe yours? I´m curious how it manifests for you then, if you are open to share.
January 14, 2021 at 10:08
(Scorpio) Saiya » LotusStar
Interesting your observations.

But I do have Mercury in Scorpio too, but I´m not that way you decribed. Not at all. I don´t have a hoarse/raspy voice and I don´t speak to people that way, like your boss for example. Nothing like that.
January 14, 2021 at 09:24
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
You are right, Shakespeare wrote for spoken Middle English, not so-much mental Modern English.
I have :172: :151: :192: heliocentric :178:Earth :191: heliocentric :152: at high aptitude zones of the negative fixed signs, which includes Oratorical Ability!
Writer Stephen Edwin King has :152:/ :157: midpoint of :177:/ :171: giving him enough Oratorical Ability to combine with his writing skill to create a voice in the head of his readers!
I have :116: :193: the Oratorical degree of :182: which helped the weaker parent have a voice that I paid great attention to!
The "Beast of Berlin" villain of W.W. II had :156: :191: :152: right on top of :180:´s Oratorical degree, his voice had a life of it´s own and Nuremberg shall never be the same!
January 14, 2021 at 03:04
(Virgo) LotusStar
I associate it with Mercury first and foremost.

I think the sound of someone´s voice and how they talk is more Mercury.

In Vedic I know they tie speech to the 2nd house too but I wouldn´t transpose the definition exactly to the tropical 2nd house system.

Personally in my observations of people, I very much see Mercury most obvious, even without knowing house placements.

Like people with Mercury in Scorpio have a way of talking where it always feel they are holding a little bit back, they don´t tell you everything, always a sense of suspense and mystery. I had a boss with this placement, he´d always say "I need to see you later" or "I´m going to have a meeting with you later" and he would NEVER say what it was about or what he wanted to discuss. It was annoying AF tbh... made everyone feel paranoid. When he talked to you, it felt like he was telling you things in confidence and letting you in on a secret. He liked when you talked to him the same. He liked knowing things about our personal lives. Also his 3rd house and Moon were in Scorpio, so it exaggerated it a lot.

The person I am dealing with now also has a Mercury in Scorpio, unless I specifically ask him what he is doing or where he´s been, he doesn´t voluntarily dish out a lot of info.

I also notice with them, they are very controlled in their speech and voice, rarely raise their voice. Very controlled of what and how much they say, and have a hoarseness to their voice. Another Mercury Scorpio girl I knew had a hoarse/raspy voice too.

I have Mercury in Libra in the 12 and kind of have a musical voice. Had some singing talent but didn´t pursue because I was too shy.

Again, just my observations :) interesting topic.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Full Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »