Whole Sign House Denialism

January 3, 2021 at 22:54 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Whole Sign House Denialism
There are some "modern" astrologers who apparently are so butt-hurt that the Whole Sign House System is once again gaining traction that they are spreading lies. Look, you can decide to use angular house systems (like Placidus or Koch), if you like. What you shouldn´t do is deny that the Whole Sign House system was the original house system for natal charts in the Western and Islamic tradition. In the Ancient world, angular systems (like Porphyry) were used for special cases, but the Whole Sign House system was THE HOUSE SYSTEM used for regular natal readings in the Hellenistic world. Here´s a good video refuting the lies (or ignorance) being spread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 4, 2021 at 18:47
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
I know there is no answer to this, but if the ancients had Placidus and Koch house systems and could compare them as we can, what they would think.
January 4, 2021 at 16:34
(Virgo) LotusStar
I personally come to rely on Equal house system. From observing my own chart and those with late degree ascendants. Feel the transits once they cross the cusp.
January 4, 2021 at 14:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user orkest, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
The problem I have with this is, that switching between these systems change almost every house in my chart (except Chiron and LoF)

I have been switching between both systems (Placidus and Whole Sign) since the beginning of my journey with astrology. It applies to my natal chart and transits. Now I hold on with Placidus... again.
January 4, 2021 at 12:21
(Pisces) fishscales » Etherealmind
"I think we should pay attention to both."

Agreed.

In my experience with my own chart, I´ve found whole signs to be superior in describing physical, externally observable events, and Placidus superior in regards to describing internal and psychological dynamics.

I´m not saying this observation is correct, or the rule, just what I´ve found when delineating my own chart.
January 4, 2021 at 03:44
(Sagittarius) jaderosez
So here´s the thing: I used to follow the whole house sign and still do, and still use house rulers with a whole sign system.

However, recently I discovered planets that are supposed to be in my 1st house actually makes sense being in my 12th house as many things in my life has been secret. I am aware it is an anecdotal experience

So although the whole sign is logically consistent, there are some things that it doesn´t take into considerations or should expand to incorporate the following.

So I also realized that astrology house divisions are not as fixed.

The highest point in the chart if it is not in the 10th house still represents the career, the lowest point in your chart (IC) whether it is in your 4th house or not still represents your IC

Also it would make sense that the easternmost point, southern most point, and northernmost point, and western most point would make the most sense?

Placidus is more personal.

I´ll give you an example and why both can be true and can also be consolidated in some way.

I have a bunch of planets in the 1st house whole sign, 12th house placidus. Eventually I learnt the truth of the secrets (12th) but it it was when the 12th house planets progressed to my 1st house asc. It is in the same sign as my first house, but the topics are on that side of my chart where things seem hidden.

However the whole sign argument is this: one house can´t have two rulers.
January 4, 2021 at 01:09
(Virgo) Etherealmind
I think we should pay attention to both : Whole Sign House system and Placidus House system.

Comparing and seeing if it creates similarities or differences according to our planet placements. The conjunctions should be also taken in account and above all trust personal experiences and feelings !!

For example : In my case, with Placidus HS, Venus is very very close to my 9th house cusp but still in my 8th house and with the Whole Sign HS it´s clearly in my 8th house so just in a statistical point of view, my Venus is more considered in the 8th house but it´s not finished. In my case this planet is conjunct my Mercury and NN which, them, are clearly in my 8th house so it kinda puts my Venus again in the 8th house and to summarize, in my personal experience, I feel my Venus much more in the 8H than 9H.

Well, so using different techniques and comparing whole sign HS and Placidus HS I think you can determine quite effectively and accurately questionable planet placements. Anyway, it´s just my personal point of view :75: :1:
January 3, 2021 at 23:50
(Sagittarius) MagentaP
Following....as someone who has intercepted signs in placidus/koch but whole sign house makes me whole :1:....but different...a 9th house sun instead of 8th - if only it could be true...I don´t actually think so. I can´t imagine interpreting everything in terms of a 9th house sun...it would be a different me...

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »