Being a Parent During Your Child’s 1st Jupiter Return

December 29, 2020 at 13:05 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) dani_mae1
Being a Parent During Your Child’s 1st Jupiter Return
I am coming to the end of my kids first jupiter return and decided i would share what I learned from it. I think astrology is such a useful tool to parenting! And I wanted to show how I used it this go round (got two more firsts to go through!)

I originally posted this on Instagram and I’m just gonna copy and paste so if it sounds odd here that’s why, but other parents who have been through it, I encourage you to add your advice and realizations during this time frame to this post here for other parents to see too. I enjoy the ideas because it takes a village for sure and I think we’ve lost that compared to the past:

A return is a transit in which the planet is basically back in its position when you were born. Jupiter—well, Jupiter Returns have the potential to be the best of your life!
I got one going through hers right now.
What YOU can do as a parent to help them maximize on these energies:
Give them access to knowledge. It’s a peak time to introduce higher thinking. Sometimes this time frame we find our higher calling.
Introduce foreign cuisines and learn about different cultures. Jupiter rules these things and if you can travel, do so!
FREEDOM is a hugeeee theme, they are seeking it out and learning what it means to them. It can be as simple as getting them a bike and letting them go on a ride to explore on their own (within the limits of what is safe to you of course), but they are learning to trust themselves too, so give them the opportunity to flex that muscle.
Open your mind and debate with them. They’re going to question how you do things, explain it, all aspects of it and let them understand.
Enjoy jokes, often. Jupiter can be indicative of our sense of humor.
And if you have not yet, introduce concepts of religion and allow them to understand in their way how they choose to use that knowledge.
It’s a hard time for a parent because this is your little ones first steps into the big world. They are realizing just how big and it excites and scares them. And it’s our first test on learning to trust we did enough for them and we hope all the preparations were enough. We can do this y’all. Hit me up if you’d like to learn more about your or your child’s Jupiter return.
Been there done that, got a lousy shirt? 😂 Comment below to add to the Jupiter Return Guide. How’d you guys come out on your first one?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 26, 2021 at 19:29
(Sagittarius) RA_
Thank you for sharing, I´ll keep this in mind.
December 29, 2020 at 19:43
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » nikkia
That sounds wonderful.

I find so much hope in other peoples stories. Lol... there’s Jupiter again... can’t help it, he’s my chart ruler.

But, I’ll send a PM later this evening and it’ll be a nice welcome break to the monotony that Winter School Break is proving to be. Although it may be the fact that winter break and breaks in general in Florida are longer than the ones we are used to in Maryland. So, I got the whole crew (hubs is a teacher) home for two weeks straight... just illustrating that it’ll be a welcome exchange of minds cause I’m tapped out on these guys right now :61:
December 29, 2020 at 19:34
(Aquarius) nikkia » dani_mae1
I owe you a post in your Music To Overcome thread.
(I don´t have time ATM... maybe later tonight) You can PM for the back story of that little gem. Same time frame - Jupiter return. It´s a doozy !
December 29, 2020 at 19:01
That’s why I totally dig our exchange. I fully love and endorse seeing all perspectives and acknowledging and discussing with genuine interest.

You never know the hidden little gifts you find.
December 29, 2020 at 18:55
(Aquarius) nikkia » dani_mae1
No apology needed, Dani. Demeaning? That wasn´t even a thought in my head.

I certainly didn´t mean to come off a harsh, but those are plainest, truest words I could find to reply honestly to your post.

It´s a great topic - you´re so good at ´great topics´.... this Jupiter experience illustrates the other side...that and the spirit of survival.

I am sorry for your experiences, too. Damn. I´m glad you spoke up, too. :79:
December 29, 2020 at 18:35
I am painfully aware of that and have personal experience as a parent of a victim and a victim as well , which is why I used the word potential, it’s not set in stone. Sorry it was perceived as demeaning your experience. But glad you spoke up about it for sure!
December 29, 2020 at 18:30
(Aquarius) nikkia
My first Jupiter return happened just before my 12th birthday. Not shiny – happy. I can find humor in most experiences; there is nothing funny here. Resilience doesn’t even begin to shed light upon this time, but it does speak the power of my spirit. The fact that I survived to tell – which I won’t – sums it up.
What’s omitted here would strike fear in a loving mother’s heart.

“Jupiter—well, Jupiter Returns have the potential to be the best of your life!”
Respectfully... It all depends. (<--edited to be more respectful)

As a parent: Do not blink when it comes to your female children!
(boys, too of course - but catch my drift)
December 29, 2020 at 13:42
(Libra) leorising
In May next year i will already experience a pinch of my return of jupiter in pisces that will happen in 2022 ... I am waiting for many joys in the family, since my jupiter is trine for my venus in 4th house... and other things... (jupiter square uranus and saturn...) :68: :108: :108: :108: :108:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »