Ascending ´planets´

December 6, 2020 at 05:57 (UT/GMT)
(Aries) alphagemini
Ascending ´planets´
I have a puzzle for experienced astrologers.

We know how to calculate the position of a planet including the Sun and Moon in terms of ecliptic longitude and latitude. We interpret these calculated numbers in our directions etc.. We also know that the actual rising time is different from the observed (or sensible) time at a given place, due to atmospheric refraction.

In performing analysis of large data it is noticeable that the point of greatest density is when a planet is a couple of degrees above the horizon. This effect is easily seen in data provided by such researchers as Gauquelin

Does anyone take this into consideration in their judgement of the strength or weakness of a planet? Or am I just being too picky?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
December 6, 2020 at 22:11
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
When we have a planet conjunct the ASC - it would be considered conjunct a few minutes on either side of it. In my opinion, any planet placed fairly close to the ASC is a strong placement. Different astrologers use different orbs, but it´s fair to say that most astrologers would consider a planet conjunct ASC within 4 degrees of it - some more, some less. The effect will be seen or not seen in the person and his/her experiences. There would be plenty of other factors that could strengthen or lessen the effect of such a planet. As always, we have to look at the whole chart.
December 6, 2020 at 11:06
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The Ascendant is one of the big three like the luminaries :116:& :27:!
I believe Stephen Edwin King the Maine writer has :155: just several minutes of time above the Eastern Horizon. :174: the :201: puts it in `fall´ but it is still powerful enough to be chart ruler!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »