Understanding The T-Square

December 4, 2020 at 16:55 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) Ruby Tuesday
Understanding The T-Square
I´m trying so hard to understand configurations in a chart and how they function not only in their expression in daily life, but in synastry. I have a friend who has a T-square involving a 6th house Taurus Sun/Saturn (exact almost to the minute.) conjunction opposite a 12th house cusp Scorpio Mars both squaring 3rd house Aquarius Neptune. Now, firstly, I´m not sure how to interpret that because I need to know how the configuration functions. Secondly, in synastry and in general, are all these planets still considered afflicted even though they are part of a configuration with the release of that Neptune focal planet? Or what? And how does it respond in synastry if people´s planets activate the configuration? My Pluto is conjunct their mars exact squaring my mars and ascendant which are conjunct their Neptune focal planet. Obviously this is all involved in square and opposition to their Sun/Saturn. If anyone could shed some light on how T-Squares work and how to interpret them in general and when they´re involved in synastry, I would be extremely grateful.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
December 4, 2020 at 17:30
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
T-Squares are an opposition with the two planets squaring another. The squared planet is receiving pressure from the opposing planets. The opposing planets have a means to resolve themselves - by pushing and pulling and integrating their energies. Fire-Air and Earth-Water can work together. But when you put a square to them, then they are adding their own tension to that squared planet - which is in a different element and more difficult to resolve. With a square, "something´s got to give". It makes a person grow and change. Without squares, we would not be urged to change much. Life would be boring. Squares are good and even excitinng - contrary to what you read on the internet.

If you look to the opposite point of the squared planet - we call it the "missing leg". It is the focus of what needs to be developed to resolve the square. The squared planet needs to be worked on - in its sign and house - it needs to develop.

As far as synastry goes, it really isn´t very useful without truly knowing the charts involved. People waste a lot of time trying to understand themselves through aspects and synastry, because they don´t understand the charts first. Synastry is looking at pieces of a chart and there can be a lot of different ways to interpret those pieces. Without knowing how those pieces function in the whole chart, it´s really a waste of time. I know it´s popular on the internet, but its importance is blown way out of proportion.

It´s much more beneficial to understand the planets in their signs and houses. Aspects are of third importance after you understand planets in their signs and houses. Then the aspects show how other planets color the planets in signs and houses.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do western astrology readings, dream interpretation, and mind-body healing by a donation of your choice - and classes at reasonable rates. Sign up for my newsletter!
December 4, 2020 at 17:20
(Scorpio) Ruby Tuesday » Fool
Thanks. I´m definitely going to check it out. Is this just an explanation of the T-square and how it works in a natal chart or does it touch on synastry as well?
December 4, 2020 at 17:14
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Fool
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
One more link (there are lots, though) https://jotracey.com.au/teeing-the-…
December 4, 2020 at 17:06
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
This guy gives a talk about it (his book is 30 bucks, though) https://www.astrologyuniversity.com/…

site: https://www.astrologyuniversity.com/…

understanding t-squares vid (15 mins)
YouTube
YouTube
December 4, 2020 at 17:02
(Scorpio) Ruby Tuesday » MagentaP
Hopefully someone can enlighten us. lol 💕
December 4, 2020 at 16:58
(Sagittarius) MagentaP
Following this. As someone with I think 4 heavy hitter T-squares to my sun, I am interested in peoples response to this to learn .... :17:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »