How do you know what will be a "major transit"?

November 10, 2020 at 07:14 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Anni23
How do you know what will be a "major transit"?
And do I have any coming up next year? I saw something about Pluto which may be significant considering my plans

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
November 11, 2020 at 03:49
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Find what the sign of profection is for a given year. Then look at the planets in that sign. Then look at the Lord of that sign. These are the planets which are activated for that year and should have the greatest impact in terms of transits.

So, for example, let´s say you are having a fourth house profection year. That fourth house happens to be Aries. Are there any planets in Aries? Let´ say that Venus is in Aries. We should expect Venus to represent 4th house matters (and the things inherent in Venus) that year, and we should pay particular attention to her transits as they will tend to be more important in that year. Now, Mars is the ruler of Aries, so we should expect his transits to be more important this year.

We would do well to check these planets in the Solar Return chart as well, because that will tell us a lot about how the year will unfold in terms of these planets.

Hope that helps. Message me if you need further elaboration.
November 11, 2020 at 00:43
(Taurus) TaylorS1986
This is where the ancient technique of annual profections is useful. Starting at your rising sign when you are born and then going around the zodiac every 12 years the planet ruling each consecutive sign will be particularly active in a given year (from birthday to birthday)

So, for example, if you are 29 and a Cancer rising you will be having a 7th house Capricorn year and Saturn will be lord of the year.

Ooh, that makes me wonder if Cancer and Leo rising people have particularly severe Saturn returns... :22:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »