Astrology and Dreams

November 8, 2020 at 19:10 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) pollydoll2
Astrology and Dreams
I have always been interested in how the natal chart connects to the unconscious mind, and what different people dream about at night. My friends and family tell me their dreams all the time, and I have found some pretty interesting patterns. Here are some notes I made -

- Air signs often have recurring dreams in which they’re flying

- People with little mars influence in their charts rarely have violent dreams - if they do, the violence in it is not very specific, like if somebody dies in their dream from being shot there is no blood, they just lie there like a ragdoll

- Mercury dominants have very conversational dreams, often remembering snippets of conversation when they wake up

- Uranus dominants, often dream up new words and phrases, completely nonsensical things mostly

- Those with chiron/pluto in the 5th sometimes wake up feeling incredibly ashamed from their dreams

- Neptune dominants barely remember their dreams - if they do, it is fleeting images and concepts, rather than the plot itself

- Mercury dominants, on the other hand, remember the plots of their dreams in vivid detail and write about them well

- Those with mars in the 4th dream of their family members turning violent

To the professional / more experienced astrologers of this website, do you think these observations are accurate? And do you have any observations of your own about the zodiac signs’ dreams?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
November 19, 2020 at 10:17
(Leo) tomdos
Personally I dont think these observations of yours play a big role.

I agree with Rohini that transits might have some infuence, especially transsaturnian planets aspecting natal points. That includes Saturn himself. They are stressors, hidden currents that move uncounscious layers of our psyche.

Also do not forget about the Moon. Thats IMHO number 1 influence. And since Moon is different places all the time, theres is no point in trying to find significant correlations between contents of dreams and astrology. Maybe just between their intensity/quantity and astrology.

Btw, there is now Moon conj. Saturn conj Jupier conj Pluto. Thats a stress, an influence that has to show up in dreams. I bet most of people experience it right now.

Plus, the perfect conjunction of Jupiter/Saturn on the cusp (0 degree) of Aquarius is coming on winter solstice day. I am quite surprised this thing has not been discussed vastly on these forums as IMHO that is this generations most important astrology constellation. And maybe not only this generations. A game-changer. IMHO big things are coming. The dreams are going to be something for sure.
November 12, 2020 at 18:36
(Libra) pollydoll2
i’m always sort of afraid to learn too much about transits because i feel like it will let me tell the future & then my whole life will be spoiled for me.
November 12, 2020 at 18:36
(Libra) pollydoll2 » rohini moon
i suppose you are right about transits playing a larger part. if people dreamt only accordingly to their natal astrology it would be the same few dreams over and over :8:

the night before the beirut disaster i also had a very prophetic dream in which a man wearing all black shot another man who was named ‘beirut’ (a city i rarely ever gave thought to at the time).i’m an astrology rookie, so i never really check transits, but occasionally i do so when somebody very influential comes into my life, etc. but i’ll check the transits on that date to see if there’s anything interesting.
November 12, 2020 at 18:29
(Libra) pollydoll2 » FlyingRedBear
ooh me too!!
November 9, 2020 at 01:10
(Aries) Aprils Fish » FlyingRedBear
That´s really cool! :30: :5: :69:
November 9, 2020 at 01:08
(Aries) Aprils Fish » rohini moon
I agree with you Rohinimoon. Personally, I tend to look at Neptune´s transit over the natal planets, and the transits of the other objects over the natal :159:.

To get even deeper into it, when it comes to finding patterns in the recurrence of our dreams, I start by looking at the aspects on the natal :159:. Like, I have recurring dreams where I´m guarding, protecting something of value, ( I have :159::191:Anubis in my 2nd H.) I usually succeed in the task, but also perish in the fight sometimes (due to the conjunction with Achilles, I suppose.)

I used to dream a lot of flying when I was a child, :159: was in :181:, my 3rd H.( crossing my natal Icarus & Hermes, among others...)
November 9, 2020 at 00:50
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user FlyingRedBear, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
As a person dominated by Libra Air first and foremost. I fly a whole lot. Also have been known to go through walls, become invisible, and move things without touching them.
November 8, 2020 at 23:46
(Virgo) rohini moon
Yes and no, you aren´t totally wrong, but I do think the transits in the sky play a major role in dreams - in conjunction with natal placement..

Say for example.. when I had Saturn (past life, karma) transiting over my natal Mars and KETU (indicator of past life & intuitive psychic abilities)I had the most prophetic dream of my life. No doubt it was due to transiting Saturn. Something of that magnititude never happened before or after. The dream was down the to the T of what did come to pass..

Neither here nor there really, just think you have to also factor in current transits not just natal placements ;)

Oh yeah, I did have one flying dream,that I recall. That was a really spectacular, positive dream. Jupiter was transiting my 12th house in Libra (air sign) when I had it. ;)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »