Are Cancers evil or nice..?

October 26, 2020 at 08:31 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Anni23
Are Cancers evil or nice..?
:63: Seriously are they as evil as Scorpios? Ok so "evil" is a bit of a strong word.. which I also wouldn´t usually use to apply to myself as I as well have mercury in cancer.. :61:however I have to admit that as much as I make fun of Scorpios for being "out of it" and brooding dark shadows that unfortunately I´ve had to admit I can be like this too. Furthermore I have met a few Cancer Suns that are so out of it, antisocial and resentful borderline socially psychotic loners. And again I would have to admit that I can be like this to an extent *sigh

Posts in topic

Page: 4 3 2 1
Sort posts:
November 19, 2020 at 18:12
(Aquarius) Admiral Hill
They´re too sensitive and reactive - infants. :2:

(As I have a loaded 4th house.)
November 9, 2020 at 14:10
(Leo) wilks222
I´m married to a cancer sun. I´m a firey fire sign and tend to attract water signs. From my experience cancers are caring, giving, empathetic and more into others needs than their own.

Cancers are wonderful souls!
November 9, 2020 at 13:35
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Astrogirl86, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I´ve met some very mean Cancers, and yes more mean ones.
November 9, 2020 at 11:13
(Leo) Anni23 » piscesiscariot
Well this doesn´t surprise me either. But also how do you know it´s not Scorpio talking? Also I have several similar aspects so it´s difficult to ascertain which(what part of myself) I should be blaming. If indeed I actually feel that the seeds of a cold war wasn´t unfairly planted in the lead up. Brooding does seem to be a water thing though, although perhaps not completely exclusive
November 5, 2020 at 16:43
(Pisces) piscesiscariot » Anni23
AHAHAHAHA THIS IS THE PISCES SPEAKING, don´t overlook the Fishes propensity for TOTAL ANNHILATION

save yourself the troubs, I´m a Scorpio rising

Pisces may cry and write in their journals. Pisces seems peaceful; that´s because the thought of vengenance is soothing as we mentally orchestrate your downfall by artistic means that will surely destroy your reputation
November 4, 2020 at 10:58
(Leo) Anni23 » AlsaceTX
Well I don´t know.. I think that it´s partly accurate but also not completely true. The same goes for cancer. These signs may be known for going to the extreme but more often they create for themselves a very good reputation and don´t appear unagreeable. In fact I think they dislike direct conflict. Again I think that the response is often bad when they have received very negative treatment.. it´s not like they actively seek antagonistic situations
November 4, 2020 at 10:40
(Leo) Anni23 » Linsul
This is very interesting dynamics. Also as I was interested in a Scorpio.. briefly and I wondered if that was because of my mercury in cancer, but then I also have my moon in Virgo. I do think that earth really is a stabilizer when the other partner/person can get a bit volatile at times. Though as I´m also a leo/asc libra I think that´s also why I´m usually more chill and don´t understand the volatile watery "touchiness and over sensitivity" but also I´m not surprised at cancers which don´t appear as sensitive as perhaps they really are as I´ve seen this often before with them acting very in control. But of course this is the opposite dynamics that you are describing because your sun is in Virgo and you describe this as being more domiant than Scorpio which usually may be the most volatile sign. In essence it´s clear that we should probably consider the issue of domiants as playing a strong part in relations between signs I think

"He´s definitely the more emotional one of the two of us.... He´s very thick skinned somehow too though,

"Our Gemini son is absolutely hands down the biggest fuss maker!"

Who would you say is the most easily triggered and/or argumentative, cancerians or gemini? And which is generally more easy going? Do you think that the thick-skinned appearance is a facade or genuinely he´s not bothered
November 4, 2020 at 10:15
(Cancer) AlsaceTX » Anni23
Yes, Virgos and Scorpios get a bad rep. Scorpios are just so intense. Once you know astrology though, you start focusing less on sun signs.

Pick your sun sign: ANY sun sign...but their moon is in Scorpio / 8th house with harsh aspects to Pluto/Jupiter/Mars/Venus/Neptune and....
November 4, 2020 at 10:07
(Leo) Anni23 » AlsaceTX
Ahaha! A confession 😂 I knew that there had to be some people out there ready to confess with me. Wow even that surprises me though.. 😬 i thought that award (of the most psycho) went to virgos. Now I feel somewhat queezy.. as I have Virgo placements too :61: fair point as well, usually cancers will only force the cookies down your throat after you´ve rejected them.

In defence though perhaps Scorpio is worse..?
November 4, 2020 at 09:55
(Leo) Anni23 » Trevor77
I would also agree with the first set of characteristics that you list, and I wouldn´t describe cancers as aggressive precisely either. I don´t think that there is anything overt in their behaviour and yes usually they seem very benign. But also I do think that some people underestimate don´t understand their potential reactions which may seem at times extreme or volatile. I know this also from my own experience as well as of myself with mercury in cancer. I think that it can be a similar thing to scorpio though often not quite as intense perhaps but still with the high potential to be moody, resentful and volatile.
November 4, 2020 at 09:53
(Cancer) AlsaceTX
Okay, I´ll bite (err...pinch see what I did there?)

I´m not reading through thread, just sharing my thoughts. Cancer Sun/Asc/Saturn. I know Cancer peeps. Ruled by the Moon I am.

According to the FBI we are dangerous as we are the sign that commits the most violent crimes: https://www.oneindia.com/india/…

Bottom line? Ruled by the moon. Emotions. We are the most sensitive signs in the Zodiac, ergo, with bad aspects we can be the most notorious. But most of us love you to death and just want to take care of you and bake you cookies. You just have to ignore our crab claws occasionally. We are nurturers.
November 4, 2020 at 05:27
(Virgo) Linsul » Anni23
"Oh wow, just checked your signs and your a Scorpio ascendant! How does this work with your husband being the cancer? But also you said that his moon is in scorpio right? Who is the most emotional of the two of you? (/overtly emotional) would you say that these two signs are overall compatible"

He´s definitely the more emotional one of the two of us, he´s a Cancer Sun and Moon! It´s not even close haha. But in a good way, he´s more extroverted and expressive in general. He´s very thick skinned somehow too though, his go-to is always to try and understand people. Waaaay more than me, I´m like that for family and friends but he´s a humanitarian in general by comparison!

I´d say we´re compatible, we´re aggressive enough to make each other better at our professional lives and projects but sensitive enough to know when to lay off and when conflict is worth it. If anything we´re likely too insular as a couple but we hold each other in high regard.

"Afterall they do have much in common I think. Their approaches may be different as has been said but also I think there are similarities, much more than other signs. Perhaps this is the "water" signature.. "still water runs deep" of course until it explodes lol. Or does being a Virgo mean your more sedate and logical in your style?"

When we were younger we were exploders, me more than him, but it was never hostile or volatile in a scary way. We were just expecting the other to "get it" unfairly. Once we figured out cue cards didn´t work we talked about everything and forgot to shut up lol! In that process we definitely learned how to "get it" for real when it comes to each other. Now not much needs to be explicitly said we just still yammer on for fun.

Virgo is big now, I see a lot of the Scorpio ascendant in my youth if that makes sense. I do love study, process, precision, and doing something well. Those things are rewards in themselves now, it´s fun to dork out! I´m good at keeping people´s secrets and not weaponizing them, so when friends lives explode my phone rings. Sedate and logical fit very well now! My husband is definitely the "fun" parent, but I´m the problem sorter, he´s the counselor. Usually! It depends but that´s generally how it goes.

"Also funny how your son is also a mercurial gemini and your daughter the sign that is perhaps known as being the most emotional of the water signs (Although not in a volatile way) Who creates the most fuss in your household if I may ask? 😂 and is there any friction between the "mercurials" and those watery souls?"

Our Gemini son is absolutely hands down the biggest fuss maker! He´s hilarious but I´m pretty sure we´re all waaaay too boring for him LOL! He gets along with all of us and everything but in comparison he´s got a signature style for everything. Big curiosity, big points for style on his end.

He and I get along best I´d say, I enjoy being shown around his interests, enthusiasm and care are big to me even if they aren´t about things I gravitate towards. His Dad and sister can do it in spurts, and he himself can´t yet pretend to care about unshared interests much at all so he seems frivolous in comparison to them.

There´s sibling rivalry friction, but nothing nuts. He does enjoy poking his sisters emotional spots more than is smart though :61: For her part she´s always been very sensitive to him and accommodating, partly because she´s older. Also though she´s very family oriented. She´ll put him in his place if he doesn´t get the hint though that´s for sure!

"I´m not so sure about Virgo.. but apparently geminis can be tempestuous But then also Virgo it must be as is a bit but picking (Although perhaps not all)"

I can be prickly if I´m multitasking and people hinder me, and I do have to watch my delivery when being critical because it can seem pointed. All the stereotypes are true for me the older I get! My son can be a drama queen BUT getting critical and detail oriented is the cure for nonsensical drama or mood swings I swear!

He and I can be much more action oriented together than with our watery counterparts for sure. What´s fun or banter with him would hurt my daughter´s feelings but she´d try to hide it. So I just don´t go there and apologize if I blunder. What´s funny though is she and her Dad can go in on each other jokingly but it´s never ever misunderstood. There´s definitely a mercurial divide but it´s manageable :1:
November 4, 2020 at 04:20
(Virgo) Linsul » rohini moon
I´ve only seen it with three people over 20 years, but ooooof! They declare, then it´s on forever. Kinda marvel at the staying power, it´s very ´Wrath of Khan´ lol!
November 1, 2020 at 18:22
(Taurus) nutelina » ram_goat
It must be something to do with being a cardinal sign. Scorpio seems quite like Sagittarius in a way concerning ego. If I compare to Aries and Sag, Aries seems to have less I and more group think but I could be wrong and perhaps Leo has the biggest Ego and Sag is more like Pisces if you go from Cancer-Scorpio-Pisces.
November 1, 2020 at 17:57
(Virgo) rohini moon » ram_goat
It really was. I feel like the thread can end now..

And your distinctions between Scorpio vs cancer were spot on.
November 1, 2020 at 17:33
(Aries) ram_goat » rohini moon
Yes, that line was pure gold.
November 1, 2020 at 12:04
(Cancer) Trevor77 » Anni23
from my own experience of other cancers, they are quiet, shy, reserved, creaative, and very family orientated, aggression is not in this sign its just not a cancer thing, but because they often get bullied they turn defensive easily.
November 1, 2020 at 10:09
(Leo) Anni23 » Trevor77
Sorry yes I should have said, for example I´m assuming similar to myself though having mercury in cancer aswell I have a moon in Virgo and sun in Leo , asc libra this moderates things a lot.. I am in fact less moody (most of the time 😂) and quite forgiving
But also I have included myself in this discussion.. because I am aware of certain potential characteristics I have, although I don´t take them to the extreme

Also as someone else´s example on here was a cancer-scorpio I think that could be a double whammy of sorts. And then of course furthermore there would be more aspects to look at..
November 1, 2020 at 09:59
(Cancer) Trevor77
Depends on other aspects
November 1, 2020 at 09:43
(Leo) Anni23 » Linsul
Oh wow, just checked your signs and your a Scorpio ascendant! How does this work with your husband being the cancer? But also you said that his moon is in scorpio right? Who is the most emotional of the two of you? (/overtly emotional) would you say that these two signs are overall compatible? Afterall they do have much in common I think. Their approaches may be different as has been said but also I think there are similarities, much more than other signs. Perhaps this is the "water" signature.. "still water runs deep" of course until it explodes lol. Or does being a Virgo mean your more sedate and logical in your style? Also funny how your son is also a mercurial gemini and your daughter the sign that is perhaps known as being the most emotional of the water signs (Although not in a volatile way) Who creates the most fuss in your household if I may ask? 😂 and is there any friction between the "mercurials" and those watery souls? I´m not so sure about Virgo.. but apparently geminis can be tempestuous But then also Virgo it must be as is a bit but picking (Although perhaps not all)
November 1, 2020 at 09:23
(Leo) Anni23 » ram_goat
This is so weird.. for me to observe perhaps accurately as you have said because all the people I know/have known with strong Scorpio placements have always projected the idea that they are part of some broader idea and that they want to promote "harmony" (of course they had other particular placements that I could mention. However I thibk that it may be worth me considering now if it is a kind of ego thing... they are of course very touchy people

But nonetheless there has been a lot that I have admired about them, if only they would stop going psycho
November 1, 2020 at 09:20
(Leo) Anni23 » ram_goat
Well there´s a reason why they are a cardinal sign.. they may look calm but they are all over the "action" when it happens. Yes also it´s surprising the apparent lack of emotionality given their supposed "reputation"
October 31, 2020 at 22:25
(Virgo) rohini moon » Linsul
. They want to teach regret through suffering rather than cause fear or uncertainty. It´s like a parent telling you to "THINK about what you did!"

but delivered with as much of an emotional backhand as possible...until the end of time!

Wow. You. Nailed. It.
October 31, 2020 at 22:17
(Virgo) Linsul » ram_goat
"Some funny Cancer duality you describe accurately there.."

Covid has been a helluva learning experience! I´m useless without my habits and patterns, my Gemini son has ascended to a boredom beyond boredom that did bring on an enlightenment of sorts lol. Cancer husband and Pisces daughter though? They´ll be running a Whole Foods and opening the first post-apocalyptic spa and medical services hub should the world end. :61:

"They have it in them, in there somewhere, to fight hard and win.
Tenacity too. You just have to hit the right nerve before you see it come out.
Cancer likes security, and if you threaten that, then you´ll see the fighter come out in them, but like you say, once you get them to that point, they become irrational and know no measure. It´ll be a fight to the death, no quarter asked and none given. Despite all of this coming from an irrational place, just the same they can be quite clear sighted, calculating, and logical in how they go about it, but also cruel and inhumane. Sometimes shockingly so."

Accurate! I felt like a crazy person trying to describe it but that is spot on. I wish it was easier to find that description. Cancers are so often painted in a emo light and hiding "in their shell" when bothered. Touch that security nerve in a way that threatens or offends them and may Cthulu have mercy on your soul!

"Scorps are more about their ego.. if you insult their "I" you can trigger this
response in them, but often as not it´ll be handled in an underhanded, secretive manner, often disgracefully. If you get them riled, Cancer will not shy away from a good old fashioned brawl, right out in the open where all can see it.
Cancer is less concerned with "I" and their image, and more concerned with principle."

That´s a really great distinction between Scorpio and Cancer. Image vs principle and subtlety vs rawness. I´ve never seen a Cancer go full security betrayal super-Sayan, but the few times I´ve seen bombs drop over the years I can totally agree. A Cancer is fine declaring displeasure and intent. They want to teach regret through suffering rather than cause fear or uncertainty. It´s like a parent telling you to "THINK about what you did!" but delivered with as much of an emotional backhand as possible...until the end of time!
October 30, 2020 at 08:46
(Aries) ram_goat » Anni23
I guess I am in effect asking if they share characteristics that Scorpios may exhibit quite as strongly as Scorpios are known to, ie- "secretive, volatile, perhaps somewhat manipulative" etc..

Scorpio = secretive
Cancer = private

Scorpio = volatile
Cancer = moody

Scorpio = manipulative for "I" things.. selfish things of the ego, personal desires and wishes

Cancer = manipulative for security, family, personal principles (mostly) detached from the "I" ego, more awareness of group needs as above the needs of the personal ego.. Scorpio nature sees this as innate hypocrisy, since the 2 principles in the scorpion mind are fundamentally incompatible.

Marcus Aurelius: "What’s Bad For The Hive Is Bad For The Bee"

Cancer: "What’s Bad For The Hive Is Bad For The Bee"

Scorpio: "I don´t give a fuck about the other bees, if it feels good to ME, then it must be GOOD (in an absolute, universal sense).."

Cancer: My own personal truth is a private truth that guides me in my dealings with others in life

Scorpio: My own personal truth IS TRUTH, and it RULES ME in my dealings with other people in life. Even when my personal truth is wrong, or flawed. I will tolerate no advice or correction from others. That would only sully the purity of my own personal TRUTH. Rather than educate me or refine me, or broaden my horizons, accepting other´s input would only pollute me, personally, and dilute my own pure personal (subjective & fallible) vision of truth.

Are you starting to see the differences, now?

« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »