Dream Recollection

October 23, 2020 at 18:33 (UT/GMT)
(Aries) Wolfmoon
Dream Recollection
Dreams. We all have em apparently. All the time. Some have them more than others. Some see meaning. Some don´t. Some walk their dreams. Some walk the dreams of others.

I can´t recall anything. I can only recall two incredibly vivid dreams in my adult life. Both just after my Saturn Return. Since then. Zip.

I put it down to the drinking I used to do or the amount of pot I smoke. Apparently not. I know people who smoke and drink who dream all the time.

I´m a heavy sleeper. I do physical labor all day and excercise after work so physically I crash hard.

What would excellent aspects be for dreams? Moon and Jupiter combinations in 4th/8th/12th?

Also any insights or tips one might have on recollection?

Or just any awesome dream stories you might´ve experienced.

I hear you can wake up and then go back to sleep and dream. That kind of doesn´t work for me. Once I´m down I´m down. If I´m woken I´m generally up from then on. Then I´m just irritable until sleep again

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
November 6, 2020 at 14:28
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Wolfmoon
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
:61: :61:
November 6, 2020 at 06:01
(Aries) Wolfmoon » Fool
You´re Aquarian man. Big brother is always watching. Especially when you´re asleep :4:
November 5, 2020 at 18:29
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Fool
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I don´t tend to recall dreams although I do get bad ones that wake me up. When I was a kid I used to have a recurring one: a disembodied eye (big) would float, unblinking, in ´front of me´. Nothing else - just an eye. I´d start worrying about it before bedtime but that would just trigger the whole dream, obviously.
November 5, 2020 at 18:25
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
This guy was on the Joe Rogan Podcast, worth a look: Dr. Mathew Walker - cool guy. Sleep expert dude.
YouTube
YouTube
October 29, 2020 at 20:03
(Leo) tomdos » Wolfmoon
It rather looks like it has formed your a lot. The routine took its toll on your psyche. It was forced into a certain "shape" by the stress and routine and all the leftovers that did not fit have been sort of "washed away" into the unconscious. If you dreamed about typing for years, well, that must have been very mind-numbing. Jobs like these can literally kill a soul, unless the person takes conscious counter-measures, which, honestly, virtually nobody does. In this context, the drinking and pot only throws dirt on the coffin. Its nowhere near helpful. You should probably start there. :15:
October 25, 2020 at 17:12
(Sagittarius) SmokeyDawn » goldenlion32
That´s trippy! I´m Sag and also have vivid, sometimes precognitive dreams!! I also had awful nightmares as a child. Some of my dreams exhaust me as much as if I was really living them! And I´ve dreamt I´m asleep and wake up! I;ve had deams that leave me in tears, an overwhelming sadness that lasted for days. :5:
October 25, 2020 at 00:35
(Scorpio) RAW
for me I dream intensely during sun transit my 12 house, I have libra there, lately I been having dreams of pretty woman setting me up. idk why. but im watch for it now. I smoke lot of weed, and work hard physically then mentally b4 going to bed. my life aint no way setup for me to be on dates then getting robbed. lol. It can´t happen to me but im thinking its a 12 house past life thing. its crazy something to think bout deeper ..
October 24, 2020 at 22:36
(Virgo) rohini moon » Wolfmoon
I think this is part of the reason that Aries and Virgo do get along, though. I find that Aries have a more laid back approach to the Virgo diatribes.. So, they can kind of balance each other out.

I don´t know, it´s a strange dynamic that somehow works
October 24, 2020 at 22:13
(Virgo) rohini moon » JayJayAstrology
Understood, you´re a lot more diplomatic on the subject than I am. lol. Due to it striking personal chords with me.

I understand your view, but at the same time, legalizing such drugs can only lead to chaos, not everyone out there can handle getting high, Just like not everyone can have just one beer. Like the alcoholics saying: ´ One is too many, and a thousand isn´t enough"

Intoxicants, when they get way out of hand, are detrimental to the family structure, and society at large.

Not everyone is "responsible" when it comes to taking any kind of intoxicants...

I know no one has my opinion on this, but it´s just that, my opinion.. Im not trying to sway you :80:
October 24, 2020 at 22:06
(Aries) Wolfmoon » rohini moon
"didn´t know you smoked, I mean actively."

Oh yeah. Ramped up in the police to deal with that. Then continued to deal with the witch for the next few years then this year to get through this year.

I didnt mean to sound like it was personal. I just like to write. It helps me process things when I can read it back... this forum is like therapy in a way... :61:

Your post just triggered something :15:
October 24, 2020 at 22:05
(Aries) JayJayAstrology » rohini moon
I do not judge people for smoking pot. It really is helpful to some people for a whole variety of reasons - which need not be listed here. No, it isn´t ideal to take any drug - and as a dream worker, of course, it makes me sad to think someone is inhibiting their dreams - but there are considerations. It isn´t a clear-cut, black and white issue. Personally, I think it should be legalized. People are going to do it just as people are going to drink alcohol, whether legal or not. I´d rather address the real issues - the reasons why people do drugs. I´m not in favor of throwing people in jail for it or make them feel guilty or ashamed for trying to be comfortable in their own skin. I don´t smoke pot or drink alcohol - but I do understand how some people feel the need.
October 24, 2020 at 21:58
I didn´t know you smoked, I mean actively...I wasn´t directing my comments at you, at all.

I was speaking on personal level, I´ve known people like I mentioned...so, nothing to do with you.. I have personal reasons that come off kind of...harsh I guess...

:80:
October 24, 2020 at 21:40
"Not everyone is jumping for joy over legalizing marijuana like its some kind of privilege to be a loser."

I´m well aware. I´m one of them. Nothing needs to be legalised.

I´m not proud of my habit. But it is my habit and I find it alot healthier than my drinking. That was killing me coming from a society where binge drinking is considered the norm. NZ prides itself on out drinking the Irish.

Pot doesn´t diminish my way of life. It helps slow the mental over stimulation and is a healer for me. However now that I feel I am over my traumas and am working forward toward a natural life I see pot now as more of a habit.

I still excercise, work like a beast, meditate, yoga, DIY around the abode,go out etc it just adds a comforting edge to everything now i guess. Cannabis being the feminine it makes sense.

I have seen it as such quite a bit this year and am working my way out of it. I guess like all habits it takes time. Alot of things have happened this year where I don´t know what would´ve happened if I hadn´t have had it. Infact if there was a year where I needed it. It was probably this one.

... still trying to justify it... :61:
October 24, 2020 at 21:15
(Virgo) rohini moon » JayJayAstrology
There are studies that show smoking pot inhibits dreams. So that comment is backed up with science. Pot inhibits one of the most important dialogues we have with our soul

Yup, very true, that and every other degenerate drug out there..

And yeah, rev, that is why they legalize these things or try too... So that the whole world can just flush their virtue straight down the toilet.

They also fail to realize that not *everyone* is accepting of that derelict lifestyle, a lot of people unforutnately these days have lost a lot of relatives through drugs. Not everyone is jumping for joy over legalizing marijuana like its some kind of privilege to be a loser.
October 24, 2020 at 21:10
(Taurus) nutelina » rohini moon
Fair enough. Just bad that someone needed to ventilate the sand in their vagina...
October 24, 2020 at 19:57
(Aries) Wolfmoon » JayJayAstrology
"There are studies that show smoking pot inhibits dreams. So that comment is backed up with science. Pot inhibits one of the most important dialogues we have with our souls."

Would explain the huge push around the world to legalise it.

"I have found a significant correlation between the South Node wound and what people dream - the themes. Dreams are working for us - they always come in the service of health and wholeness. Dreams heal."

Thats intriguing. I would definitely say they´ve helped me when they came through. I definitely don´t take them lightly

"We all have a connection with our souls and our souls manage to express itself in a variety of ways. I always enjoy hearing other people´s experiences with dreams or waking dreams too. I wish our culture was more supportive of all this. Anyway, thank you all for sharing. I´m going to follow this thread."

Thank you for sharing. Again another beautifully insightful post. I feel there is a definite lost art in dreaming and dream therapy. So much lost knowledge for healing
October 24, 2020 at 19:46
(Aries) Wolfmoon » tomdos
"There it goes. A wall of text. Sorry about that. It was inevitable with such a topic."

Don´t be sorry. Its a good yarn and I wanted the opinions.

I also thought about when I worked in the Police. That may have killed my dreaming. I used to be under so much stress I would dream about typing reports. Every night for years just dreaming about typing. That was the reason to drink. Come home from a night shift of typing for 6 hours to go to bed and dream of typing for 8 hours... Its why pigs are nuts.
October 24, 2020 at 17:43
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The chemistry of dreaming is significant, autistic folk need ten times the dose of melatonin to get an effect!
The tryptophane in bananas consumed in a five food groups meal is going to pass through unmetabolised!
If we could all just sleep in space then the complication of blood flowing better to the feet than the head would go away!
Some might say that just being in New Zealand is a dream!
October 24, 2020 at 15:15
Where would you find that kind of info? I have no idea, but I always remember it and revert back to it. I learned that from a monk.
October 24, 2020 at 15:14
(Virgo) rohini moon » nutelina
Hehe.

Unfortunately, nutty, it was very personal. Had to do with my father.
October 24, 2020 at 10:57
(Aries) JayJayAstrology
Revloc, interesting topic! I have been keeping dream journals since 1980 and have given many classes and workshops on dream interpretation. I find all the comments people are making here quite interesting and insightful. So thank you! Here are my responses to some of the comments.

There are studies that show smoking pot inhibits dreams. So that comment is backed up with science. Pot inhibits one of the most important dialogues we have with our souls.

I personally do not have precognitive dreams, but in my workshops, I have noticed that many people who do, were given or felt a sense of responsibility for a sibling. The feeling of having responsibility for another child´s welfare - as a child - does spark the need for "assistance" in knowing what will happen before it does. Does anyone here who has precognitive dreams relate to this?

I have found a significant correlation between the South Node wound and what people dream - the themes. Dreams are working for us - they always come in the service of health and wholeness. Dreams heal.

As far as astrological influences - leading astrologers target Pisces, 12th house, Neptune and Moon as related rulers, but I think there are usually a combination of influences that determine sleep and dreaming. Pot and other drugs can and do interfere. But also people who suffer with obsessive thinking or repressed anxieties because they have trouble sleeping and when they do, their dreams can reflect obsessiveness. I have found that people with Gemini and Aquarius Moons have more potential to have greater difficulty sleeping when combined with other factors - always, the whole chart will tell the whole story.

If you are obsessed with something in waking life, there is a chance that your dreams will reflect this by only giving you obsessive dreams - say like an inventor who is trying to solve a problem. He/she will get problem-solving dreams. This limits soul feedback in other areas. Likewise, I´ve seen people who keep a tight, controlled life of routine and their dreams reflect that. When people do not have any space around them - when they are tightly controlled in waking life, they are not inviting full expression of the soul. When we truly invite the soul to counsel us - we are opening up space for that to happen.

I have had some amazing spiritual dreams and out of body dreams that have taught me that consciousness is indeed a timeless, peaceful state of being and I have no doubt that we return to this peaceful place when we die. I;ve also learned from people in my classes that people also have these waking infusions of deep peace that come from the same place as dreams. And although I don´t have precognitive dreams, I´ve had telepathic dreams where what I was dreaming corresponded to what was happening in real time somewhere else.

I wonder if the comment about timing for precognitive dreams is a more personal rhythm or have you noticed this is true for other people too?

We all have a connection with our souls and our souls manage to express itself in a variety of ways. I always enjoy hearing other people´s experiences with dreams or waking dreams too. I wish our culture was more supportive of all this. Anyway, thank you all for sharing. I´m going to follow this thread.

My website: http://thesoulmustsing.weebly.com - I do astrology readings, dream interpretation, an mind-body healing by donation and workshops at reasonable rates.
October 24, 2020 at 09:41
(Leo) tomdos
Dreaming is such an inherent part of every humans psyche that it cannot be ruduced to general rules of occuring, not even to aspects or constellations in my opinion. Everyone dreams. Chart and transits probably correlate with the quantity and quality of dreaming, though thats not really important and meaningfuly traceable. I personally think its not even desirable. This attitude tends to reduce one of the most valuable psychic functions into a mere tool.

Generally, drinking and pot really do not help, especially if heavy. Its not really comparable with other people, because everyone has different psychic setting. If heavy drinker or pot smoker has a lot of dreams, it can easily be a sign of a bigger problem. On the other hand, if you work hard every day, then exercise and then go for a drink or a pot and then fall dead to bed exhausted, it probably does not help at all. Also, PC and TV are energy suckers a block dreaming a lot. And so on.

Nowadays, in this materialistic world, dreaming is the last uncensored resort of the soul to give person a feedback. After that, karma comes into work. In other words, working with dreams in order to learn (and I stress that) is a powerful tool of self-understanding and transformation, potentionally changing course of our fate. Because our nature, our personality, always becomes our fate.

Not recollecting dreams is normal, not recollecting them at all is a sign of an issue. As well as vividly dreaming all the time can be sign of an issue.

If you do not recollect dreams at all, it is often sign of a detachment, displacement of complexes, of the shadow. It is very usual development, especially in our soul-killing society. The consciousness simply cuts off undesirable psychic contents (usualy about self). And because it cannot censore the dreaming function itself, it censors dream recollection. It does so to protect its view of self, of the world, to keep an illusion of stability and security.

If youre simply curious about dreaming than its not the best motivation and may turn against you. However, if you want to learn and grow, then dreams may help you a lot. Just be careful what you wish for. If you manage to unlock the gate (which is shut for a reason), you may be terrified, because most likely the first thing you will meet will be your own shadow, uncensored, without any make-up or adornments, parts of you that you disagree with and refuse to acknowledge. Dreams of monsetrs, being chased, prosecuted, heavily misunderstood, war or apocalypse. Im generalizing of course, it may not be your case, but it is very possible. (In your case, those two dreams you remember may hold a key as to what and why.)

If you really wish to get to know yourself, the dreams must unlock, it is inevitable. So Id suggest reviewing your motivation in the first place. Then patience. After you wake up, do not get up immediately. Stay in the bed for a minute or two, try not to move at all. And just try to recollect. That action is enough. Do it everyday. If you wake up in a certain mood, study it, feel it, dive into it trying to understand it. Moods can usually not be blocked by consciousness. If you manage to recollect, note it down immediately. Just a note should be enough. Study it later.

There it goes. A wall of text. Sorry about that. It was inevitable with such a topic.
October 24, 2020 at 08:42
(Taurus) nutelina » rohini moon
So Virgo can be an interesting sign! They just keep it all for themselves! Refering to the other "Which sign do you hate" thread :2: Going to watch the all videos.

Was it a personal prophecy or affecting the general population like 9/11?
October 24, 2020 at 08:39
(Taurus) nutelina
LOL, same as Goldenlion but this night I asked the character what she was doing in my dream, if she represents someone, didn´t get a reply, must have been spot on or an NPC.
YouTube
YouTube
October 24, 2020 at 08:30
"can tell you though, dreams you have at night pre 5am are less likely to come to pass, dreams you have in the morning time 5am onward, when the sun comes out, are more likely to happen. Just a tip, for anyone interested...."

That´s interesting. I´m not aware of that. Where would one find info along those lines?
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Pisces Pisces
Show calendar »