Uranus and Technology

October 15, 2020 at 11:18 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) dani_mae1
Uranus and Technology
Lately here it’s difficult for me to read anything without going down a figurative rabbit hole all day.

Today’s Rabbit Hole, is Uranus—specifically it’s correlations to technology and how that is reflected in the natal chart.

I am trying to see the planet in action.

So post ANY Uranus aspect in your chart that you believe affects how you interact with technology and tell us about the manifestation.

I’ll start with the example I went on a deep dive on yesterday (not my own chart, I’m basically utilizing this post in hopes of finding inspiration in regards to my own manifestation). It was my hub’s placement. He has Uranus square his Mercury and his relationship with technology is love hate. Often it goes awry for him, especially things online. But he definitely has an affinity towards liking things futuristic or gadgety.

Can’t wait to read your findings in your own charts!

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
October 15, 2020 at 21:45
(Aquarius) nikkia
I adore tech and gadgets, but I must choose my own after many careful considerations.

I have Uranus Rx in the 8th house. I absolutely hate when other people buy me electronics. Hate it.

I will gladly give it away to someone who wants or needs it.
October 15, 2020 at 21:07
(Pisces) fishscales
I have Uranus in Libra conjunct ascendant..

I do like technology that is entertainment oriented...in keeping with Libra perhaps...stereo equipment, guitar tech...although I think the guitar tech has gotten a little out of control...some of the technology on amplifiers these days is so complicated and time consuming to use it takes the simplicity and joy out of just plugging in and playing...I don´t have the patience for it, and may see it as an interesting concept, but not something I really find necessary or want to deal with

In general, I´m not technologically averse, but I tend to see it as a tool, and I do see it as something that can be potentially abused...

I definitely don´t think we´ve "arrived" as a society just because we´ve made some technological advancements.

Mostly, I like that technology has the ability to make my music sound good, and increase my access to information.

Libra is also the sign of partnerships...no tech or gadgets in that department, thanks.
October 15, 2020 at 20:59
(Aries) Revloc
11th house Sag trine Sun.

I personally am not a fan of technology. I´d much rather return to a simpler time. Fire for heat and cooking. Open a window for A/C. Read a book to learn. Tell or hear a story to be entertained.

Personally I think the more we give over to the devices and "convenience" the less we progress.

However I will sit for hours playing Civilization 5. Its like crack for my Mercury in Aries
October 15, 2020 at 19:34
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » dani_mae1
My :176: stellium has protected me from :199:erschel thus far, BUT! the afflicted natal :172: :151: looms in the future!
October 15, 2020 at 17:53
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » ram_goat
Actually...
Google Stephen King’s book Cell.

THATS what happens.
October 15, 2020 at 17:37
(Libra) leorising » No_la
Interestingly, I have uranus at 5, mine is middle of 5th house by both placidus and whole signs. I love internet, as I have an aquarius in house 7, it is as if i had a venus in aquarius. So my best clothes are bought on the internet, today I am buying everything on the internet. This uranus of mine is my job in justice too (sagittarius)(uranus because the rights of the people are protected by this work) and I do everything by computer. The strongest aspect is the trine for my northern node. And it is purely true, when I was able to understand how the world worked and positioned myself I found partnerships that allowed me to be myself. I am very proud to have followed my intuition and made it here alive.
Uranus aspects
Opposition Moon (9°10’, Separating)- I feel this weak
Square Jupiter (6°14’, Separating)-I ve read that it would give popularity in the media
Trine Node (0°31’, Applying)- :12:
October 15, 2020 at 17:34
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » goldenlion32
So what I take into myself when all those placements you listed come at me—the stuff that settles for me, it asks me to ask you, why you don’t have a Forum of your own. I definitely see the vision there. But Idk if you ever thought about it. Like a place on the internet where your world view is reflected in totality?
October 15, 2020 at 17:32
See above for Skynet video.

So let’s talk about what to do when then robot overlords take over, shall we?
October 15, 2020 at 17:32
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I have Uranus in Libra in the 3rd so it usually is me publishing some kind of message online.

I do have the Uranus in Libra square Mercury in Capricorn but it´s more of a blessing to me as a prolific writer because I can keep up with other people who write, and can write all day long and hours and hours.
I would say the Virgo Pluto gives me more issues with Virgo transits and the last two times my computer died it was during Virgo transits.

Virgo Pluto Square Mercury in Capricorn also has to do with me publishing on the internet.

North Node Aquarius of course because it is technology and tends to be different social groups of humanity online I talk to in different forums. All my Squares technically have to do with my computer skills, publishing, and communications with others. Which is quite fascinating since I didn´t really use it until Saturn in Virgo and my 2nd Nodal Return in Aquarius.

I always did write tons on paper, but nothing was ever published until the Internet.
October 15, 2020 at 17:29
(Aries) ram_goat » dani_mae1
which brings us back to phones..
October 15, 2020 at 17:29
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » dani_mae1
Dats what´s up, homie :46:
October 15, 2020 at 17:28
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » RohiniMoon
Isn’t great to be weird, or it’s other word—unusual. Especially right now in a world where compassion and understanding are the oddities?

I’d take being WEIRD any day yo!
October 15, 2020 at 17:26
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » dani_mae1
Sidereal what I use...I have Mercury sq Uranus like the hubs....

Uranus on my asc... So I am already a weirdo.
October 15, 2020 at 17:23
“ oh talk sexy to me.

I don´t know if it´s a Uranus thing but I do have a potty mouth, myself.. incurable..”

Actually from the charts I’ve been researching, Uranus aspects to mercury manifest in potty mouths buttttt also peeps that enjoy “dirty talk” in the bedroom.

But it’s just my data pool. It’s not a large enough one for any real conclusion but fun to see nevertheless.
October 15, 2020 at 17:14
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » IIyyaarr13
Oh shit son. I didn’t realize Neptune was similar energies. Damn you always bring something Awakening to the convo. What is your Uranus doing mr. Taurus?

You feeling that transit energies?
October 15, 2020 at 17:13
Oh fuck my Uranus.

oh talk sexy to me.

I don´t know if it´s a Uranus thing but I do have a potty mouth, myself.. incurable..
October 15, 2020 at 17:12
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » RohiniMoon
I got one thing for that...
YouTube
YouTube
October 15, 2020 at 17:11
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Even though Albert Einstein is famous for an all-encompassing :159:, the :153:/ :157: midpoint has a lot to do with his grounding in Science.
:155:/ :157: midpoint and aspects can relate to an engineer´s brain!
Pallas has software brilliance, definitely more than just cat gravel between :155: & :156:!
October 15, 2020 at 17:11
Oh fuck my Uranus.

Damn.

There’s no mind blown emoji.

Ah. I’m gonna go comfort myself then by listening to hippy music... maybe some blue Öyster Cult. Hm.
October 15, 2020 at 17:10
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » ram_goat
100% percent true.

The phones are a psy-op.

FB is a psy-op.

All about keeping tabs on each and every citizen.
October 15, 2020 at 17:08
I actually get that and it was a driving force for me deactivating my FB account.

Now try and uninstall the FB app or Google from your phone and you´ll quickly discover you can only deactivate it (until someone decides to secretly turn it back on behind your back and without your permission..)

and you will also discover that the phone you purchased by paying all that money isn´t really your phone.. there is a part of it that you can´t touch because the manufacturer has locked you out of it. What you thought was your phone is really, "their" phone.. and it goes on and on.. Farmers suing John Deere for the right to repair their own tractors that they bought.. another Uranian rabbit hole that goes very deep..
October 15, 2020 at 17:03
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » dani_mae1
Another fun phrase to say into the phone sometimes is I would like to purchase some cake.

And if you don’t know what that means, then your Uranus isn’t as paranoid as mine :61:
October 15, 2020 at 17:01
“ Even if we have nothing to hide, the principle of it disturbs me, and that is one issue where my kooky Uranus side comes out on.. the anarchic hippie in me..“

I actually get that and it was a driving force for me deactivating my FB account. I know that sounds silly, but as a Taurus Libra moon social network stuff is pretty real to me. So I left that bad bitch in the dust for one of those reasons in regards to privacy. Especially from collective consciousnesses like the government.

Also might be the reason I say BOMB BOMB BOMB into my phone randomly to be a smart ass. Pretty sure they’d be bored with my life though.
October 15, 2020 at 16:56
Uranus in Libra here:

It suggests that these people have progressive and broadminded attitude towards life. They are intuitive and idealistic. Their mind is not hindered by the conventional way of thinking. These people are willing to give up their habits and traditions and give priority to new ideas. They are usually adventurous and independent travellers who like long journeys to unusual places.

I have been into Linux and open source software for over 20 years. In fact I think I just beat the odds during mercury retrograde (I don´t recommend trying this very often..) by buying a new phone just before Merc retro hit, and spent the greater part of last night unlocking my phone and installing an open source version of Android on it.

Then there is this other side to Uranus for me:

People with Uranus in this position do not accept traditional forms of relationships, in love or other interpersonal relationships. They can bring new elements into politics and art.

Some people laugh at me a little because I can be such a privacy/open source zealot. Of course I usually don´t talk about this because it bores the hell out of people, but it´s my quiet little Uranian crazy part of my mind. Quietly it bugs the shit out of me that goverments or corporations would spy on us or our communication. Even if we have nothing to hide, the principle of it disturbs me, and that is one issue where my kooky Uranus side comes out on.. the anarchic hippie in me..

I also enjoy learning how these things work on a very deep level- both the hardware and the software. Ed Snowden and Julian Assange are quiet but flawed little heroes for me. Linus Torvalds as well.. Even Stallman. It saddens and disturbs me that over the past 25 years, for the sake of money and profit, intelligent & industrious people have turned their talents to crime and taken a basically neutral technology, put a layer of spyware on it, and with a lot of marketing hype, sell it to the masses as a new product when it fact, it´s the users themselves who are the "product".. but again, more of my Uranian ramblings..

October 15, 2020 at 16:54
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » No_la
:3: I heard some bad things about that aspect, but it´s valuable to me.”

The heck with what we heard.

This is Uranus we are talking about.

Let the great Awakening begin.

Fly your flag high!

He’s smack dab in between my sun and mars right now and I’m totes digging the heck outta it.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »