Contradiction between nodes and their signs/houses

September 20, 2020 at 11:35 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) theycallmetym
Contradiction between nodes and their signs/houses
I have always been confused how to interpret my 12th House Virgo North Node / 6th House Pisces South Node because they are both in their respective opposite signs and houses therefore contradict each other when interpreting.

For instance, the north node represents my karma, so I look up virgo and it tells me all the virgo characteristics of my karma, perfectionist, critical, work etc but because it´s in the 12th house, I now have the opposite karma which is the piscean qualities, day dreamer, the unconscious etc. Do you see what I mean? And the same goes with the south node, it´s in pisces but in the 6th house so in effect the virgo properties come in there too.

Ive had problems related to linking theory and practice together all my life.Im all about theories and abstract thoughts and having hard time put them into practice/real world.It was such a big issue for me since childhood,that i felt that i had to overcome this by simply choosing carreer/study section which has more practical approach to problems.I think its also my life lesson as my NN is in virgo even tho sits in house which contradicts its energy.

How do you intrepret the north and south nodes when each sign/house contradicts the other?

Many thanks.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 20, 2020 at 18:58
(Taurus) theycallmetym » themagi
"So why do you default to six house? And what does that mean for Theycallmetym? Are you a work-a-holic? Are you stuck in routines? Are you constantly self-improving in a compulsive way? etc etc.............remember there is only 12 houses to tell 7 billion stories. So there´s nuance.

So....what does it TAKE for Theycallmetym to get to the 12th house? Which might mean...transcendence of world limitaitons and details.....taking a break from the world, reclusion, isolation....a more hollistic approach to life....spirituality....etc. What does it take?

The opposite approach to the Piscean SN. You are involved in 6th house activites as your FIXATION.....but you go about it in a Piscean way, like you said."

Yes i am.Im all about improving myself.Trying to be better version of myself.Being better then i was yesterday..In a obsessive and compulsive way.But its the way how i enjoy the life,taking pleasure.I think its something related to 12.house(me).Im not a loner but i dont feel any discomfort being lonely.Its not a necessity.As im focused more on myself.
For example im pisces SN but i dont feel any piscean energy at all.I can be least piscean/spiritual person ever in terms of energy :61:.

But i get what are you trying to say..
Thanks anyway it gave me more insight.

"The house is an area of life. The sign is an attitude."
September 20, 2020 at 18:37
(Taurus) theycallmetym » fishscales
´South node is qualities we´ve already developed...so "past karma" if you want to call it that...´

Yeah i meant that.As i know,SN represents energy that was already developed.
And north node as your lets say ´mission´ in this life. Its sounds sometime like bunch of backwards as you mentioned...
September 20, 2020 at 14:41
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user themagi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
First I´d identify the aspects of the South Node....and try and see myself in them. I´d try and see myself in the HOUSE the South Node is in first.

For example, I´m a SN in Libra in the first house. Everyone can see my comfort zone is to go at life alone. Then the Libra is the kind of loner I am..........a nice, polite, fair, caring one :)

See SN almost like having the Moon there. Your comfort.

So my North Node in Aries is basically saying........to get into the 7th house, and have the fulfilling relationships you really crave (the NN is your destiny in the sense that it´s the one area your higher self needs you to "push" a bit against your conditioning...to really have growth...to come into allignemnt with your true self")....you have to DO the sign you haven´t been doing this whole time.

At the core I´m no loner. I´m a Libra sun and rising and mercur after all :) And a Moon in Gemini...I crave interaction. But I default to my SN because of all the wounds (which can be seen in other placements in the hcart).

The chart tells a story...it must be taken into whole context.

So why do you default to six house? And what does that mean for Theycallmetym? Are you a work-a-holic? Are you stuck in routines? Are you constantly self-improving in a compulsive way? etc etc.............remember there is only 12 houses to tell 7 billion stories. So there´s nuance.

So....what does it TAKE for Theycallmetym to get to the 12th house? Which might mean...transcendence of world limitaitons and details.....taking a break from the world, reclusion, isolation....a more hollistic approach to life....spirituality....etc. What does it take?

The opposite approach to the Piscean SN. You are involved in 6th house activites as your FIXATION.....but you go about it in a Piscean way, like you said.

So it takes integrating the opposite energy to also land in the opposite house. Because, yes you are Piscean....but not focused on Piscean topics. You can be Piscean and be focused on all kinds of things......money, relationships, sex, carreer etc..................................not all Pisceans focus on 12th house matters.

So going back to my example.........in order to thrive in the area of relationships.......which is where my destiny lies.......i must incorporate Aries qualities. Why? You look at the rest of my chart and can see....this is a super Piscean/Libran indidvidual......puts everyone else´s needs first.........THAT is why he is a loner. So.......in order to be able to handle relationships healthily.........this guy must remember his Arian side...........focus on HIMSELF more in the area of relationship :)

So see, there´s no contradcition. It´s just the literature on the subject ou there is quite frnakly..........shit. The house is an area of life. The sign is an attitude.

You can have a focus in the area of life that pertains to the first house ....adn be Libran about it. I´m a loner that focus on others......

You look at the aspects of my south node and it all makes sense. It´s exactly conjunct Ceres, the asteroid of motherlove and caring. In Libra....so caring for others.......this is a guy who has been doing this for lifetimes, caring for others. It´s quintiling Neptune........so a bigger emphasis on universal love, self-sacrifice FOR others..........trining Moon...again Cancerian care....trine Chiron...a healer of some sort...etc.....

So it makes sense this guy would have problems having relationships. He´s TOO focused on caring for others. TOO Libra to be able to actually thrive in the area of Libran things - your relationships. He must be more Arian....more self-focused, more selfihs.......to achieve this balance :) To achieve his destinty.

You gotta take the chart as whole and tell a story. Take all placements...see yourself in them...see how they correlate to who you are....and THEN interpret the nodes.

Hope that helped :)
September 20, 2020 at 12:01
(Pisces) fishscales
"For instance, the north node represents my karma, so I look up virgo and it tells me all the virgo characteristics of my karma, perfectionist, critical, work etc but because it´s in the 12th house, I now have the opposite karma which is the piscean qualities, day dreamer, the unconscious etc. Do you see what I mean?"

My concept of the nodes is more or less the opposite...

South node is qualities we´ve already developed...so "past karma" if you want to call it that...

North node is qualities we supposedly need to develop in order to balance out the qualities we´ve already developed through our South node...

I think with your nodal configuration of nodes in opposite signs/houses, you´re being challenged to really embrace dualities, polarities, apparent contradictions, etc...

In your case, perhaps the hidden, amorphous, "mysterious" qualities of the 12th house should be pursued in a methodical, exacting, Virgoan type of way...

Maybe a disciplined approach to not being so disciplined in life is in order...

Sounds like a bunch of backwards talk, but it´s not...

We often give ourselves to the rudimentary, mundane routines of every day life (aka 6th house stuff)... It takes discipline to explore, and make time for, the other parts of life...the hidden, unseen, 12th house parts of life...

Just one way this configuration could be read...

Could also mean a disciplined approach to exploring the subconscious is in order...

Meditation maybe...

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »