Minor aspects and total # of aspects

September 16, 2020 at 05:51 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Minor aspects and total # of aspects
I´ve been studying my "minor" aspects this evening, and it turns out I have a considerable number of them. All within the 1°20´ default orb for the calculator. I have 14 of these to be exact. All between planets. I didn´t use the asteroids, nodes, AC, MC or anything else. Just planets. Some are very tight orbs, and have rather long descriptions which makes me wonder just how minor they actually are. Anyway, thought it was interesting. How many minor aspects do you have?

Side topic. Total aspects. (Planets only, using default orb setting) I have 33 total, with an additional 14 under the "other" category. And 9 under "declinations" Not trying to have a pissing contest or anything. Just wondering how many aspects others have and how this might affect a person. Seems like a sensory overload possibly?

I´ll go ahead and list mine:

Sun octile mars
Moon quintile mars
Moon bi-quintile saturn
Mercury semi-sextile mars
Mercury tri-octile neptune
Mercury quintile pluto
Venus octile mars
Venus semi-sextile saturn
Mars octile Jupiter
Mars quintile saturn
Mars tri-octile uranus
Uranus semi-sextile neptune
Uranus semi-sextile pluto

Ok, it was only 13. And I swore the orb calculator was default set at 1°20´ but the biggest orb in mine is actually 2°11´. Alot of them are tighter though. Anywho..

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 16, 2020 at 18:24
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul » Sunnyshadow
Sunny in this website it is easy to find declinations. Now in positions i see for example your venus 17:12 and mercury 16:44 it means they are parallel and when orb is more close than declinations are stronger. I dont say any orb because it is hard to determine. But less than :30 is enough i guess and some astrologers say it should be less than 1 degree. Your uranus -16:37 and contraparallel with mercury. It gives you strong and keen mind. your saturn 8:04 declination and 8:03 your node. They conjunct but with declination it makes its effect greater. My main study declinations effect between fixed stars and planets. I can say declination aspects really work. and in some cases better than conjunction because conjunctions sometimes may be negative effects. My brother is very smart person. In his chart mercury is in sagitattirius and 8th house and i doesnt give % 100 why he is so smart and what i saw he is capricorn sun and his sun and mercury very close aspect declination parallel. And he express his thoughts very strong and clever way and always he has very good relationhsips and communication (mercury) with authority figures (sun). His mars also parallel with his mercury and when he speaks people respect him eventhough they first time meet him.
September 16, 2020 at 18:00
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Promethean_Soul
I´m still confused about the declinations. I dont understand how they are calculated. I do like reading the descriptions of them under my chart occasionally. But, I´d like to understand the reasoning behind it.

Yes, after reading up on my minor aspects, alot of things in there made sense. I have two tri-octiles, or sesquiquadrates. Around 0°30´ for both, and they are applying. I can really feel those. I´ll do some more studying on the others as well. They have remained somewhat hidden from me, but now it gives me something to dig deeper into.

Speaking of the quintile, I have a couple of them as well. My moon quintile mars (0°38´ app.) is very relatable after reading up on it. Here´s the description:

Adapting a quick, dynamic and forceful response to events and open, direct and powerful communication. Knock about humor.

Yes, that´s quite accurate for me.

I also have mercury Q pluto (1°43´ app.), but can´t find a description of that aspect.

And Mars Q Saturn (0°59´ app.) The only thing I found about that one is

"making something out of nothing"

well, I´ve basically created two businesses from the ground up and built a house, so that sounds pretty accurate. Always enjoy starting something at a ground level and watching it grow. Sticking around to tend to the details, not so much

Thanks for the post, I´m gonna look into more of these aspects you are describing
September 16, 2020 at 16:59
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul
Sunny good thread thank you. Nowadays I study on declination parallel and contraparallel aspects and this minor aspects are the subject in which long time I try to understand and study. Well for me minor aspects and parallel aspects are much more improtant than asteroids and about asteroids i am not sure. But quintile aspects the most draw my attention. Many astrologers talk about them , my own analyze is this aspect is sun mercury type aspect, how a person combine planets energy creativly and by learning from that. This aspect that is called minor aspect but why for me very important? Hard aspects create strong energy but most time their energy is destrctive and hard aspects also can improve person´s soul quality. But quintine aspect does this job without not being destructive. I try to explain i hope you understand me. That is why it sun and mercury style. You by learning improve your creative side related to aspect. You have mercury quintile pluto aspect , i guess you know how to make people accept your thoughts without quarrelling with people. You should impress people with your deep thoughts and voice. When you makes mistake with your thoughts you can easily see your mistakes and you learn from your mistakes. It is just prediction and I will be glad if you share with me how mercury pluto quintile works.
I have saturn octile pluto and I feel its strength and when I depend on something or someone this aspect shows its effect. That is why i dont depend anything or anyone. Before I started to think I was unlucky. Acturally this aspect shows its effect as hard as square but maybe little softer than it. Well I have still could not find out semi sextile aspects effects , but I think decile and tredecile can be effective maybe not as quintile. tredecile 108 degree is a sacred number and in vedic astrology 27 nakshatra x 4 pada 108 and in many myths this is very important number and if you have such degrees i reccomend you to look at this aspect and check if it has an effect. I have mercury tredecile mars, actually mars also shows your expressing way not only mercury. I have very hard tone in real and I have strong communication way but i dont know if it is related to tredecile or it is about mars in leo.
September 16, 2020 at 16:40
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » RohiniMoon
That´s an interesting aspect you have there 🐙

Well I dont even know what a nakshatra or pada is. All I have are my minors 😄

That´s it, I´m going bird watching. My head hurts
September 16, 2020 at 16:28
(Virgo) RohiniMoon
People say Vedic is "hard"

This stuff would seriously tie my head knots, a play by play of every orb, semiquinccunxoctileoctopus in my birthchart... :23: :63: :43: :41: :39: :22:

I just look at nakshatras and padas..at the end of the day, that´s sufficient enough for this one. ;)
September 16, 2020 at 15:48
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » fishscales
I know what you mean. It really can get to be way too much if you start looking at all the stuff that can get involved. I rarely look at all the other charts,and have decided tropical fits me best.

As for the minor aspects, I have 7 that are less than 1°. Take for example Uranus semi-sextile Neptune (0°45´ applying). Alot of people my age would have this one. Here´s the abbreviated description.

"Mainly causes desire for chaos, coups, and anarchy. Typical aspect of revolutionaries. Like to take part in coups and want to be leaders of these events. Chaotic"

Doesn´t seem that minor to me :61:
Kinda deep stuff going on there.

Here´s another one. Mars tri-octile 135° Uranus (0°37´ applying)

"very eccentric, individualistic and sometimes even pathologically independent. Often have mood swings and want considerable changes to the established order. They long for freedom and are able to sacrifice anything for it"

Not sure I would label that as minor either, lol

Actually that last one really hit me. It really struck a chord. Explained alot about me, or gave reason to my rhyme.

Anyway, there´s a few more. Alot of my tightest aspects are considered minor.

After you mentioned inconjunct, I looked and I have one of those too, if you allow 4°. Between moon and uranus. :37:
September 16, 2020 at 15:16
(Pisces) fishscales
I don´t know what half those aspects mean off the top of my head, to be honest...

Or at least I have to think about it for a minute...

I´d say you probably have an average amount though...of course, I´m saying this after doing absolutely no research on the matter :61:

For me, it almost becomes like white noise analyzing all these aspects.. Just like with the multitude of different charts that exist...persona, draconic, other ones I can´t even think of right now... Jesus

The decision I´ve made with these minor aspects is to only really pay attention to them if the orb is exact...and I have found relevance in some of my exact minor aspects...

The only supposedly "minor" aspect that I break this rule for is the inconjunct... I usually allow a wider orb than what´s recommended in most astrology texts...maybe I´m wrong, but I don´t consider it a minor aspect... Subtle maybe, but not minor...

Off topic a bit, but I do something similar with asteroids... I only pay attention to the conjunctions, and only the really close ones...

It´s just...too...much... :23: :43: :2:
September 16, 2020 at 15:14
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » IIyyaarr13
:61:

I can kinda relate :37:

I talk quite proficiently and matter of factly at work. But I´ve been doing it so long I guess I should.
September 16, 2020 at 15:09
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » Sunnyshadow
I am known as articulate in most places, however I dummy-up in my mother´s presence!
September 16, 2020 at 14:49
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » IIyyaarr13
Thanks, that´s a good point. I know there are alot more dynamics that come into play.

We share a few placements, pluto in 1st, neptune in 3rd and mer. in 10th. Do you talk alot in your work? Or communicate in other forms?
September 16, 2020 at 10:26
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Consider the possibility that :152: & :155: in mutual reception might be stronger than :152: Q :155:.
Only having two planets in Cardinality means I could do very little and leave the minor aspects dormant!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Full Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »