Is sidereal astrology more accurate?

September 16, 2020 at 04:17 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) Imanib
Is sidereal astrology more accurate?
Have you found sidereal astrology to be more accurate for you and overall how do you feel about it?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 18, 2020 at 03:37
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » Nadereme
I am a Gemini 1st decan, both Ascendant and Moon, and it´s the most typical Gemini decan. I just don´t relate to Gemini that much aside from thinking abilities and doing everything fast (but not before I delayed it for a while lol), and that´s perfectly described by having a Krittika Ascendant (which has influence of Aries). Trust me, I really dwelled a lot on this and I followed Tropical for a long time.
September 18, 2020 at 01:41
(Taurus) Nadereme » bluerosepetals
Usually most who don´t really resonate with Tropical forget to take into account decans and duads (especially when it comes to twins).
September 17, 2020 at 09:00
(Pisces) Logo777 » Logo777
Note that the Bhagavata Purana, Vishnu Purana, Agni Purana, even Surya Siddhanta describe the Zodiac as tropical,
i.e. its beginning is tied to the vernal equinox.
September 17, 2020 at 04:45
(Pisces) fishscales
My quick assessment of my sidereal placements:

Sun in Aquarius:

Not too much of a stretch. I do have moon in Aquarius in trop though, as well as Uranus conjunct my asc.

Moon in Capricorn:

I can buy this one. My moon is trine Saturn though. Maybe why moon in cap feels like it might fit.

Do I feel like I have moon in Cap AND moon trine Saturn. Jeez. No.

Mercury in Pisces:

I can buy this one too a little bit. But I have Mercury trine Neptune, and Sun in Pisces in trop.

I also don´t speak like a Mercury in Pisces. I speak like a Mercury in Aries.

Venus in Aries:

Nope

Mars in Aries:

Nope

Jupiter in Sagittarius:

I wish. But no. A resounding no on that one.

Saturn in Taurus:

Eh..maybe

Virgo asc:

You know I can almost buy this one...sometimes. I can be extremely critical. But again, I have sun in the 6th, and could be feeling that.

Alot of my sidereal placements seem to reflect my planetary aspects if that makes sense. I always found that a bit strange.

Bottom line, none of my trop placements make me say "huh?? “, whereas I get that feeling from quite a few of my sidereal placements. Especially the Venus, Mars, and Jupiter.
September 17, 2020 at 03:04
(Leo) Plutonian_Princess
They both are in their own right. It’s not one vs. another.
September 16, 2020 at 21:17
(Pisces) Imanib » Promethean_Soul
That’s definitely a interesting way of looking at it
September 16, 2020 at 21:15
(Pisces) Imanib » bluerosepetals
This new information has left me so confused and restless because I feel it very much applies but also my current placement as well 😩
September 16, 2020 at 21:14
(Pisces) Imanib
I just recently found out about sidereal astrology. Let me start by saying my knowledge of astrology in general is not the best but I have a good sense of it. Finding out the new information about sidereal has left me confused and now I’m having trouble separating what’s true or not they both apply very much.

My sidereal placements
Sun:Aquarius
Moon:Virgo
Rising:Taurus
September 16, 2020 at 17:57
(Pisces) Logo777
My life experience clearly speaks in favor of the tropical zodiac.
I myself and all those with whom I communicated in my life correspond to tropical signs, not sidereal ones.

And it was a revelation for me to learn that in traditional Indian astrology, the tropical zodiac has been used alongside the sidereal zodiac for centuries. It is called Sayana there. It´s just that since the era of Varahamihira´s life, supporters of the sidereal zodiac began to prevail numerically.
September 16, 2020 at 17:42
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » bluerosepetals
Yup. On the same page as Blue. :15:
September 16, 2020 at 17:15
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul
Well I study about that. Answer is neither yes nor no. When classical astrologers said jupiter exalts 15 degree cancer in tropical it is leo 8, really jupiter exalts there but in sidereal. And also tropical zodiac works. My younger brother has asc aries and moon aries in tropical. He cannot stay , he all time energetic and he goes bodybuilding. He never fits sidereal pisces. He is not emotional and very enegertic man. My asc sagitttarius and it fits me very well. But dont forget exaltations points are true for sidereal zodiac not tropical. nowadays astrologers most improtant mistake is that. Another thing is when any planet conjuncts with a fixed star then it must not look at it debiliates or falls. For example mars conjunct with spica in libra doesnt show debiliates effect because when fixed star conjuncts with a planet , then star has more affect than planet sign position. This is my main study about astrology and i not only think like that but also i know this from my researches. Another example venus exalts 27 pisces and 26 and 28 degrees are also strong and these degrees are in aries now. What can we do than? venus falls? well at this point i dont use word falls.
September 16, 2020 at 16:13
(Leo) confident
In a way, yes.
September 16, 2020 at 10:35
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
I have personally not had the harmony of sidereal :182: :154: it is definitely :171: :154: in my case!
September 16, 2020 at 09:50
(Pisces) bluerosepetals
Yes. Sidereal is far more accurate for me and my life so far. Cappie Stellium in the 9th fits me, Sun/Saturn in Aquarius in the 10th, Taurus Moon and rising, Mars in Cancer in the 3rd... it fits.
September 16, 2020 at 09:45
(Leo) Anni23
I have been considering this method however I´m not yet completely familiar with the validation and historical precedent.

However I have noticed it would change A LOT for a lot of people.

E.g. Virgos would be LEOS 😮 Leos Cancers 🤔 and Taureans Aries...
And I just don´t see how Cancer moons could be gemini moons

*having said that "just" for myself it perhaps wouldn´t change a lot and would just manoeuvre the signs around and in fact I was thinking that I would probably prefer the new arrangement 😁 however that´s not a good enough reason to be inclined to believe in it.
Ohh and I would lose my libran ascendant but unfortunately I´m Ridiculously Libran...

Though also I think of course that there are cultural/regional differences of astrology and that´s fine for people from certain places to be used to using whatever system.

However if you want to talk about other things in astrology that are also contested there´s also the planets and their rulerships lol.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Full Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »