Placements for high intelligence

August 31, 2020 at 16:16 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Himitsu
Placements for high intelligence
Hi ! I always wondered what are the placements in a genius birth chart ? What are the aspects and placements that indicate high intelligence and high iQ ?

The 9th house is house of education and philosophy and Mercury is the planet of communication and intellect, so i think having Mercury in the 9th house is a good placement for intelligence but i´m not so sure

What are some other placements that indicate high iQ ?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 5, 2020 at 10:21
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul
Dmitry Mendeleev, he became professor when he was 32 years old. 6th house i notice in some doctors and scientists charts with some planets. Mendeleev is great scientist and thanx to him we he formulated periodic periodic table of elements. He has great stelium in aquarius. Mercury is in aquarius one of my fat and Venus in aquarius and in 6th house means he enjoys being busy with science researches gave him so much pleasure. And the most interesting part he has sun , moon and Uranus conjunction. Real genious , amazing mind. Magnificent. Big big respect to such a wonderful scientist.
September 3, 2020 at 22:01
(Pisces) AphroditePrincess » Himitsu
Truee truee :5: :5: :4: And for the 9th house too :75: :2:
September 3, 2020 at 21:08
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
My child has Uranus in Aquarius in the 3 and Mercury in Gemini in the 7th house. Virgo in Chiron on the Midheaven. He usually goes off the test scores even at 5 years old and was playing chess against adults around there as well and could beat them on the computer. Although that deals with the Jupiter in Sag and Ascendant as well.
September 3, 2020 at 11:57
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user thatguy93, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
well in my case my mercury is placed on the ic. and i dont know if it indicates high intelligence. but intelligence comes in many different ways and i know it indicates a great memory of childhood and memory in generel. and that´s true in my case. but i also have mercury sextile moon 0.19 degrees. all in all i think my mercury is the most highlighted planet in my chart also i have sun jupiter and mars and technically mercury in 3rd house and moon and venus in virgo. and saturn in sixth house. but day to day i meet a lot of people that are more intelligent than me. but i will say that in terms of the mind and thinking i´m pretty high on the list not that i am smart. :P but mercury tends to do that. it doesn´t promise that you will be clever but have a natural flare in that realm what you do with it is up to you self. :1:
September 3, 2020 at 10:46
(Leo) Zephyrin
Mercury in 1st house in Virgo, Sagittarius or Gemini.

Mercury conjunction Pluto.

Mercury conjunction asc.

Mars in Virgo.

I can also say MC/Mars conjunction in Virgo because those people know how to use their intelligence effectively as far as I see.
September 3, 2020 at 10:40
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
When I read charts, I immediately go to Mercury and Saturn.

Intelligence markers.

No, it does not tell me their level, per se.

It shows me their capabilities.
September 3, 2020 at 10:37
(Leo) Anni23 » fishscales
😂😂 "something of an idiot" very well said. Also of course emotional intelligence is important too. But.. the oblivious do what the oblivious do.
September 3, 2020 at 10:33
(Leo) Anni23 » N_thecat
Yes I could see that as being true. I also have my Venus in the 9th, in gemini. I´m not quite sure precisely how to interpret it though. Also as it´s the ruler of my ascendant!
August 31, 2020 at 18:08
(Virgo) rohini moon » fishscales
A point for :108: finding an in for use of the word : unencumbered
August 31, 2020 at 17:24
(Leo) Himitsu » fishscales
I totally agree, especially on the different kinds of intelligence part. But i still think there are some placements that can make a person have a better intellet than the others, just like there are some placements that can make someone better at handling emotions. But of course it´s not because someone doesn´t have these placements that he is dumb :4: Some people are good at human interactions, some have high intelligence, some are good at reading emotions etc :)
August 31, 2020 at 17:17
(Leo) Himitsu » Promethean_Soul
Oh my bad i see it now makes sense ! :1:
August 31, 2020 at 17:11
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul » Himitsu
No himitsu carefully read what i wrote. If many planets in aquarius Uranus can destroy all of them in aquarius. But trine to these planets from Gemini good for Uranus :1:
August 31, 2020 at 17:08
(Pisces) fishscales
I just don´t think that´s something that can ultimately be seen in a chart...

You can tell if a planet such as Mercury is functioning "well", or unencumbered, in a chart, but you can´t really tell the *level* it´s functioning at...

A preponderance of air signs could mean alot of mental activity... But what is the quality of the mental activity?

There are also different kinds of intelligence too...

A person could be an intellectual powerhouse, but be completely divorced from their intuition...

I would consider such a person, despite their IQ, to be something of an idiot..

A bunch of intellectual fireworks, but no knowing...
August 31, 2020 at 17:06
(Leo) Himitsu » Promethean_Soul
Aquarius people are incredibly smart ! Is aquarius uranus a bad placement ?
August 31, 2020 at 17:03
(Leo) Himitsu » Anikey
Haha, my friend has that placemet and she always get good grades !
August 31, 2020 at 17:02
(Pisces) N_thecat » Anni23
>"I see the 9th house as being more about philosophy"

I agree with that - don´t have Mercury there, but my Sun and Jupiter in 9th work that way too :3:
August 31, 2020 at 17:01
(Leo) Himitsu » Anni23
Yes my mercury Virgo help me a looot in solving problems and having lot of plans and strategies :4:
August 31, 2020 at 17:00
(Leo) Himitsu » rohini moon
I agree ! Especially Gemini asc, they are veryy quick-witted
August 31, 2020 at 16:53
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul
Asc aquarius and sun , moon and mercury is all in aquarius and in first house. Jupiter sextile from Sagittarius and Saturn trine from libra. Uranus trine from Gemini. Double effect. I don´t out Uranus in aquarius because it will destroy all planets in there :4: mars is in aries in 3th house also support all of these combinations :4:
August 31, 2020 at 16:46
(Cancer) Anikey
A bunch of us here have Mercury in the 9th and are all VERY smart so I support your opinion :61:
August 31, 2020 at 16:42
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Most of us here are too old to have :199: & :159: in mutual reception which means a vibrant Noetic Realm chakra! Politics might get in the way of expressing your I.Q.!
August 31, 2020 at 16:31
(Leo) Anni23
I see the 9th house as being more about philosophy and wisdom. I can see you have mercury in Virgo though, that´s really good for being analytical.
August 31, 2020 at 16:21
(Virgo) rohini moon
Mercury on the ascendant, is a good placement for higher levels of intelligence, especially if the asc is ruled by Mercury.

It would make them very quick-thinking in their intelligence.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »