Trouble getting out of the gates/personal power

August 14, 2020 at 15:27 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) RunnerChic85
Trouble getting out of the gates/personal power
Hi everyone!

A lot of my life I’ve felt I’ve had trouble finding my footing in whatever I dive into. The last 9 months I’ve been working hard on an action children’s book that promotes bullying awareness, inclusion, and valuing of each others’ gifts—I’ve felt very strongly signs from the universe that this book has meaning.

It went live on Amazon e-books on 8/10...and since then its’s sold only 4 :22: :24: Yes, I’m ashamed embarrassed to say this. People who have read it say it’s beautiful, my editor loved it, and someone on Amazon left a beautiful review. I even got some followers on Facebook, and encouraged them to buy (very low price), but nothing.

I had a supervisor in the past tell me I just seem to lack that “it” factor, that factor that draws people in and influences them.

1) Does anything in my chart indicate this? If so, how can I work on this?

2) Does anything in my chart indicate hope for this book, if it’s even possible to see that? I’ve felt very strong signs from the universe that this is meaningful, but it seems to be a flop.

Thank you in advance.

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
August 20, 2020 at 19:34
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Nani Lei
System message: Post has been written by user goldenlion32, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I haven´t been around any children since the Kindle. Fortunately, Amazon allows you to print both Kindle and regular books. It´s not just for electronics. I couldn´t tell you. I´ve only sold books online. And there are more readers through mobile phones, and even creating apps with stories, and home school moms even say there are programs online for kids.

My child is 25 this year, but he was always on the computer since 2 years old. He had story games I bought at the time. And he´s always had both regular books and online educational games.

I suppose it depends on what kind of technology there is out there for young children right now. I can´t tell you. While I love the old fashion way of doing things, as a writer myself I know there are more opportunities with technology and most of us don´t have degrees in marketing, advertising, and have to learn how to self publish, how to use certain programs to format books, covers, and the whole nine yards.

Rarely, I have met an author that has a degree in any of this. And so it might sound intimidating, but if you´re a serious writer you just have to learn it or you will not get anywhere. Barnes and Noble has the nook. Amazon has the kindle. Kobo is through Wal-mart.

I´m not sure how many sales you would get in your local area. I come from a small town and we have a local bookstore and they might get some sales because it´s a tourist town. And you might have to find writer´s groups in the local area to ask how they get it published.

I know I went to a local workshop with authors, but they´re also very serious about writing. It´s just a lot of work and there is no easy path being a writer. It´s a skill you hone over time. Takes a lot of investment and it´s not easy work.

You can try it locally and might as I stated before and take it to the local library and local stores, but you still have to sit there and sell your book.

I had a degree in Human Services (Social Psychology/Psychology) and still I had to learn the ropes and still learning the ropes.

I understand it can be overwhelming, but part of the process is getting over your fears.
August 20, 2020 at 17:13
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » Nani Lei
Well-put, thank you 😊 :74:
August 20, 2020 at 16:58
(Virgo) Nani Lei
This made me think of you :74:
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
August 15, 2020 at 15:39
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » rohini moon
My chiropractor actually mentioned those to me—haven’t tried them yet—I might have to get a pair :4:
August 15, 2020 at 15:32
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » themagi
“In my experience, 3D details like that can be hard to solve from....well simply the 3D mindset. The easier way is with self-worth. A higher sense of self-worth makes you be able to zoom out and sort of "demand" from life, that something happen.

What I mean is.......can you see how a person fully rooted in the idea that they DESERVE to have their book published and read by thoudsands of people would have no problem DEMANDING it be a hard copy?”

Wow, well-put, great analogy—thank you.

“My suggestion is that you don´t use this dream to meet your needs............real dreams should be a manifestation of a "currently experienced" state of being. An expression of the soul.”

Good point—the more I think about it, and if I were to be honest with myself, I was hoping a side-perk of this project would be that this would generate money (stability, safety), and over time I could phase out my insurance work, and rely more on writing to meet those needs, because writing/art just feels more “me,” my expression.

Thinking about this more, creating just feels great, and if I can foster a sense of compassion in kids though my creations, whether it’s my own kids, friends’ kids, or kids in the community, I’ll be satisfied. I’m starting to feel more of a pull to promote my book out there for the teaching of compassion and showing of my art, and less thoughts of safety/stability—I have a stable job that provides that—writing/art just adds more purpose.
August 15, 2020 at 10:28
(Libra) leorising » RunnerChic85
When I was reading your answer, I ve remembered about Holy Bible, Matheus 7:3 (log eye)

:68:
August 15, 2020 at 06:31
(Virgo) rohini moon » IIyyaarr13
:61: :61:
August 15, 2020 at 06:14
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » rohini moon
:46: They are sexier than the yellow polaroids I where a lot! :5:
August 15, 2020 at 05:47
(Virgo) rohini moon » IIyyaarr13
Try blue light blockers :5: :5:
August 15, 2020 at 05:38
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » RunnerChic85
I have tried to point out to my mother numerous times that very few of us are truly designed to stare into a bright light! There was a time I may have been developing pellagra when I was staring at a Replogle Globe of the world in my hands, rolling it around ever so gently thinking about mountains and rivers.
August 15, 2020 at 05:32
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » RunnerChic85
There was a legal dispute :177: :157: regarding an E-Book :173: :153: and the book just disappeared :159: from devices while readers were in the process of reading!
August 15, 2020 at 03:31
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » RunnerChic85
System message: Post has been written by user themagi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
In my experience, 3D details like that can be hard to solve from....well simply the 3D mindset. The easier way is with self-worth. A higher sense of self-worth makes you be able to zoom out and sort of "demand" from life, that something happen.

What I mean is.......can you see how a person fully rooted in the idea that they DESERVE to have their book published and read by thoudsands of people would have no problem DEMANDING it be a hard copy?

My point is.......enegertically, the people who DO get the great deals.......have to be putting out different vibes to the universe, as you say.

Life in general is about working smart, not hard.

As far as this also putting food on the table for you instead of a job......see that entangles yet another thing to your intention. This is normal when we really want to create something we often PROJECT a loooooooooot of things into something .........making it mean to ourselves "if only I got this runing, all my needs would be met".

Energetically, emotionally, spiritually.....things don´t always work that way however. My suggestion is that you don´t use this dream to meet your needs............real dreams should be a manifestation of a "currently experienced" state of being. An expression of the soul.

Seems to me your soul wants to express/experience safety, compassion (you mentioned your husband/kids) and support. Why not tackle those needs/desires directly, rather than through this project. It´s A LOT of expectation to place on something like this.

We do this sort of thing to feel more ENPOWERED. How are you going to feel enpowered when your road to your dream isn´t built on enpowering choices? You must energetically build a bridge between where you are now and where you´d like to be.

You must focus on feel that sense of support, compassion, safety etc....and not tie it to the manifestation of a specific thing out there in the physical. Otherwise you won´t ever feel you can KEEP those qualtiies with you.
August 15, 2020 at 02:31
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » themagi
Thank you for this...I took some time to think about this, my intentions, possible fears, possible blockages.

I have a stable job that pays the bills, but I just can’t see myself doing that forever—I want to feel like I’m making a difference in a way that is meaningful to me—my husband was severely bullied growing up, and I’ve always had a sensitivity to people who were outcasted—I want to get my truth out there.

I think the marketing thing is a block—not an emotional one—I simply don’t know much about it, so I’m trying to learn.

Another block I’ve identified—from the start, I’ve actually wanted the book to be mainly a hard copy, with an online option. Most of the hard copy options (for self-publish) cost 1000s of dollars upfront to print, so I cut my losses and decided to do e-book.

I actually found out I can sell hard copies on Amazon—the printing costs just get absorbed, so I’d need raise the price of the book. I spent time tonight reformatting so it can be for print, and Amazon is currently reviewing it for hard copy—crossing my fingers.
August 14, 2020 at 23:15
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user themagi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
It boils down to this - when you think of your issue here......what comes up in your system? Energetically, emotionally, what do you feel when you think of your book having the desired effect?

What is it that you are after, and how are you, subconsciously, blocking it?

Life is an energy game. It takes its cue from us, based on our beliefs, attitudes, emotions, energy. Of course, when there are other people in the mix, you must be careful to see if their own stuff isn´t messing with YOUR creations. Depending on a book publisher who may have a myriad of reasons why they don´t see potential in your book....would be one such example.

Does that mean that energetically there´s no room for your book in the world? No. It might be wrong publisher.

But then again WHY are you so frustrated about this? What do you project this will get you?

Only way to solve such impasses is to be brutally honest about your intentions. I´m 100% sure, you yourself can come up with the real reaosn why this isn´t moving forward with a little bit of honest emotional awareness, and awareness about your beliefs about life.

Hope that helps :)
August 14, 2020 at 22:45
(Virgo) rohini moon » RunnerChic85
Do you have a pair of blue light-blocking glasses? They actually work :4: my eyes are very sensitive as well..
August 14, 2020 at 22:44
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » Nani Lei
Thank you 😀 And yes, I’ve thought about a series, even thought about where the next one would start off 🙂
August 14, 2020 at 22:39
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » rohini moon
I swear this is why my eyes are terrible—I stare at a screen all day when I work! I filter out the blue light and dim it to 50% so that helps. For me what’s the worst though is a black screen with white text—we have a system that has that—kills my eyes.
August 14, 2020 at 22:36
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » ram_goat
Good point—March to May when we had to do virtual learning because of Covid, their teachers had them read e-books, but my kids preferred hard copies.
August 14, 2020 at 22:34
(Aries) ram_goat » RunnerChic85
Donate a few copies to libraries or hospitals.. get your name out there.

And don´t stress. These things take time.
August 14, 2020 at 22:22
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » leorising
Thank you—I think you hit it right on. I have a general love for humanity, and love for individuals once trust is gained and I am able to let down the walls, but self-love is something that’s a work in progress—slowly getting better, and stems back to childhood.
August 14, 2020 at 22:19
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » goldenlion32
I’m already using Facebook, that’s really the only social media platform I know well...I’m trying to learn more about Instagram though, and my husband’s friend said this afternoon he’d help me with marketing. Yeah marketing is something I don’t know much about, and I don’t know many people who do, so I’ll either need to search for people who do, or research ways to do it myself. I also plan to email the local schools, since school is starting soon.
August 14, 2020 at 20:38
(Virgo) rohini moon » ram_goat
My eyes can´t handle black text on a white background either.. I go snowblind reading that way.

Yes!! It´s bad. I hate that..!
August 14, 2020 at 20:37
(Aries) ram_goat » rohini moon
I can only do it with night mode. My eyes can´t handle black text on a white background either.. I go snowblind reading that way.

Other than that I am ok with reading off a screen. Books are cool too but I don´t like the clutter anymore. I too have tons of physical books, but you can only have so many.. and.. silverfish!!
August 14, 2020 at 20:36
(Virgo) Nani Lei » ram_goat
You are absolutely right about all of this.

I would totally sit and listen to you read a story.

Ram_goat...community Handy Man and StoryTeller :4:
August 14, 2020 at 20:33
(Virgo) rohini moon » ram_goat
I still buy actual books. Have a whole lot of them...I never liked the Kindle idea. At all. For reading for long periods of time (which I will do) staring at that bright computer screen? It´s damaging and torturous to your eyesight! I always thought that was the stupidest idea for people To read books on. No offense to anyone personally who likes it, but my eyes don´t.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Full Moon in Aquarius Aquarius
Show calendar »