Lunch cart business

August 12, 2020 at 13:12 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Lunch cart business
I usually don´t make threads like this...

I´m thinking about starting a lunch cart business...ie, selling food out of a trailer. Pretty common up here in Maine.

Greek/middle eastern cuisine, only 5-7 items on the menu, but all have to be done top-notch. Trying to offer something that is not readily available where I live.

Wife has really taken to gardening, and I have a friend who raises animals organically, and is willing to be my meat supplier. He may also invest some capital in the business, if it were to happen. My plan would be to pay him back; I don´t want a business partner that is outside the family.

When possible, kids would work there too, since I wholeheartedly embrace child labor. Yes, I would pay them. But not alot.

Wife is down.

How does my chart look for something like this? I have my own opinions, but I´m curious to hear others´ views.

Also, if you´re good with transits and/or progressions (not me), when would be a good time to begin such an endeavor?

Not looking for perfection in timing, maybe just a semi-clear path...
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
August 22, 2020 at 01:32
(Virgo) Nani Lei » fishscales
No many :83: places around me...Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts and Stonecreek coffee. They’re all not very convenient..especially now a days.

Idk...could expand business hours for breakfast and could even include a pastry of sort

Ouzo...had to look it up...never heard of it. With anise...sounds delicious. I am a huge fan of Sambuca...Sambuca black.

If you can pull it off, there are Ouzo lemonade recipes. :37:
August 22, 2020 at 00:46
(Pisces) fishscales » Nani Lei
No...

But no idea how I never thought of that... :63:

Now if I figured out a way I could serve Ouzo I´d be in business... :37:
August 21, 2020 at 23:01
Even came up with a potential new menu item the other day..
===

Greek coffee? :83:
August 21, 2020 at 00:54
(Aries) ram_goat » fishscales
Why do I feel like Maine will probably say "sorry, we´re piss broke... But nobody has Corona!“

and low rates of shark attacks on swimmers, historically.. oops!
August 21, 2020 at 00:44
Please do...

I´ve been thinking about this for a long time... Probably not gonna stop any time soon...

Even came up with a potential new menu item the other day..
August 20, 2020 at 20:54
I get it.

You’ll figure it out. :62:

I’ll keep sending bits and pieces when they come...
August 20, 2020 at 20:42
Why do I feel like Maine will probably say "sorry, we´re piss broke... But at least nobody has Corona!“

Nah j/k I´ve looked at a few of those kinds of sites... Unfortunately, the housing situation has drawn most of my attention away from it...
August 20, 2020 at 20:36
Wait, you’re an actual person :3:

That’s exactly what happened.

Do a search for “Women’s Small Business Grants” & “Business grants” for your state and see what comes up :27:
August 20, 2020 at 20:28
Thanks nani, but why the NJ links?

I think you may have been looking at my birthplace on my profile :1:

Don´t wanna start a lunch truck bad enough to go back there... :3:
August 20, 2020 at 16:44
(Virgo) Nani Lei
Here’s a link that may be helpful. It’s worth a shot at least. This is where a business plan will come in handy. It was passed on to me and I received a similar grant. So, I’m passing it on to you and yours...

https://njbia.org/5-grants-availabl…

https://www.nj.gov/nj/gov/…
August 13, 2020 at 04:02
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
I would get some food from Your truck.

I love Greek food.

Souvlaki sounds good right now!
August 13, 2020 at 03:15
(Pisces) fishscales » ram_goat
Worked in the restaurant biz for about 20 years...all aspects...

Definitely liked the kitchen the best...had trouble dealing with the heat towards the end though...it´s what pushed me to front of house...

The heat aspect kind of worries me a bit...
August 13, 2020 at 03:02
(Aries) ram_goat » fishscales
Haven´t you also said in the past that you had some experience with restaraunts?
August 13, 2020 at 02:46
(Pisces) fishscales » Chadjames
I´d love to be able to financially back myself...

Yet, I wouldn´t want it to be *too* easy...

I tend to operate best in "back against the wall" situations...

But in the end, nothing to really stop me but my own head I guess...at least up front...

It´s a tough decision when you´ve got three kids to feed though...

But that´s where the "back against the wall" thing comes into play again I suppose...
August 13, 2020 at 02:26
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Being mobile is excellent for the times we live in.

The cuisine and your personality the driving force.

Your own boss??

Whats to lose??

If you´ve got the plan and the backing (financial), whats to stop you??
August 13, 2020 at 02:19
"Did you, just recently, get this idea of food truck/trailer??

Or, has it been banging around in your head for a while??"

The idea of a truck just recently came to me...

The idea of starting a take out only joint with a limited but well done menu has been knocking around my head for a while...

I would really prefer a brick and mortar building to a truck...but a truck definitely seems more economically feasible...more doable...and it´s something I think I could live with...

It was only recently that I thought about ACTUALLY doing this though...that maybe it could be something more than a pipe dream...
August 13, 2020 at 02:15
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Transiting Mars on your Mercury the trigger??

The doubts to Chiron??

Cast them aside.

We´re with you on this.

:75:
August 13, 2020 at 02:11
=====
With Sun in Pisces in the 6th...

Water (emotion) intuition regarding order and efficiency.

With Uranus on ASC...

Electrical (speed) intuition regarding perception of the future.

Did you, just recently, get this idea of food truck/trailer??

Or, has it been banging around in your head for a while??

If it came like a flash, "I" would definitely be putting plans in order.

I mean, you´re throwing us the thought.

I don´t think this is a pipe dream for you.

Saturn goes a long way, here.
August 13, 2020 at 01:55
Thanks Chad

Any negatives?

Sometimes I think my house placements are OK for business, but then I look at the signs... Pisces... Aquarius... Meh...

I have a fair amount of Saturn though...
August 13, 2020 at 01:30
(Pisces) fishscales » Merp
Those pitas have some really thin dough...

Merp could roll it out...
August 13, 2020 at 01:29
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
Midheaven extension tree is formidable and focus concentrate.

Cancer MC.
Moon in 4th with NN.
Uranus in Libra with ASC (selling yourself and different idea).
Venus in Taurus (food) in 7th house of other people.

Moon square Venus (indulgence)

Sun in 6th (willing to put in the work of long hours to bring idea to practical manifestion).

Excellent idea that fits you perfectly.

Good luck with your plan!!

August 13, 2020 at 01:28
(Pisces) fishscales » goldenlion32
"For Greek, I´d look at some of the restaurants from the culture"

I grew up around the food. It´s a certain type of Greek cuisine, from the northwestern part of Greece. I already have a rough concept of the menu...just trying to nail the flavors and textures at this point.

Unfortunately, I did not pay alot of attention to my grandmother when she cooked. Although I did learn to love what she made.

In a way, the whole thing would be a tribute to her cooking...as well as doing something my dad and I always talked about but never got around to doing...
August 13, 2020 at 01:13
"Greek/Middle Eastern cuisine would be huge! I mention this because the key to a successful business is greatly effected by demographics. Location, location, location..."

Two reasons why I decided on Greek cuisine: One, I grew up eating it...but the main reason is, it´s something that is not offered up here. First rule of business, I once read: offer something that no one else is offering...

"Would you consider relocating?"

No, but I don´t think that would be necessary. I could see it working in the area we´re in. Plus, we live in a tourist town. Population doubles during the spring and summer months, and alot of the tourists come from places that know what this kind of food is... Only catch there is, you have to be able to do it consistently well, because people from NY, PA, and NJ know what this stuff is supposed to taste like...

"Sounds like you have a rough mental draft of your business plan."

Yes...very rough. The devil is in the details though...

"A friend who is your investor and supplier could be a liability. You say he wouldn’t be your business partner but that’s exactly what he’ll be."

Yes, that´s the only part about this I really don´t like.

I´m not in any kind of denial that he would be a business partner...I just don´t want a partner that is not a part of the family...and I´d prefer not having a partner at all. The wife may help run some things/contribute things that she´s good at, but that´s different...

"Do you own or rent?"

Rent, unfortunately.

"I love the idea of making it a family business"

I really like that aspect of it too...

Thank you for your detailed and insightful response nani :68:
August 13, 2020 at 00:17
(Pisces) fishscales » hh
Thanks hh

I´m more of a tropical "astrologer", but I don´t discount sidereal insight...
August 13, 2020 at 00:15
(Pisces) fishscales » dani_mae1
"I think that’s important in being successful—loving what you do."

Wholeheartedly agree. As a matter of fact, I think loving what you do is the most important factor when it comes to external, worldly "success." I would rather make less money and be at least somewhat happy and satisfied at my job than make more money and be miserable.

I really can´t abide a doing a job that I hate... 6th house sun...
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »