Astrology & combat sports?

July 30, 2020 at 18:37 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) Cancerman23
Astrology & combat sports?
I noticed a Disporpotionate amount of great boxers have been earth signs. Especially Capricorn. It makes sense since earth signs tend to be more grounded, disciplined, dependable, (stick to gameplan), composed, live for routine ect...

Fire signs tend to be athletic, brave, confident, but they have a tedency to be too reckless, aggressive & fight in a primitive way. Manny Pacquiao has a Sagittarius sun even though he has a Mars in Capricorn he has his moments where he becomes reckless & wild in his fights. Especially in his earlier fights.

For the water signs Cancer sun is disproportionately more common. Cancers biggest strength is being able to adapt almost like a sponge just soaking up new information. I notice that most Cancer fighters tend to be insecure. Mike Tyson, Conor McGregor, Jon Jones, Canelo all appear insecure, and they fight almost like they have something to prove. Cancer is driven by Oneupsmanship.

Most great boxers & mma fighters have been feminine sun signs mostly Capricorn & Cancer followed by Virgo & Taurus. Most common Mars placements tend to be Aries,Capricorn, Scorpio, Leo, Gemini & Taurus.

In terms of aspects Mars opposite/square Saturn is a great one to have. I suspect Mayweather has this. Even though his birth time isnt known his Mars is in Aquarius Saturn is in Leo. Mayweather Pisces sun, Moon in Taurus is one of if not the most disciplined boxer of all time. Mayweather has been criticized for not fighting certain boxers in their primes. Mars opposite/square Saturn is a placement that brings great discipline, will power, and knowing which battles to fight(isnt as bold a placement).

Which other aspects/placements could help in terms of will power & in combat sports. I suspect Mars aspecting Pluto,Saturn, Jupiter,Neptune, Mercury definitely help.

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
August 2, 2020 at 00:42
(Capricorn) ChessTrader
I remember looking into this myself a while back. I found that people who were good at sports were either Fire signs or if not they had a Fire Moon or Mars on the Asc/1st house or Mars on the MC/10th house or a Fire sign ruling the 10th house cusp.

I noticed that Air Signs make for the best speed racers also.
July 31, 2020 at 17:10
(Cancer) Merp » fishscales
Master of the Merps, you are :108: - Im in talks with the citizens of MerpVille to make you our new mayor :108:

we will live merpily ever after in holy merprimony :24:
July 31, 2020 at 16:06
(Pisces) fishscales » Merp
Merp, this may be a great way for you to access the internet... It may really help with the whole no arms thing...

Maybe it could be my anniversary present to you when we forge the bonds of holy merprimony

As for people with arms, there is no reason for this thing to exist...

Reminds me of the song 2525...
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
July 31, 2020 at 15:52
(Aries) nutelina » leorising
I know it is off topic but I´ve seen some amazing footage, like what is that? Really super strange! :61:
July 31, 2020 at 15:37
(Libra) leorising » fishscales
my Mars in Aquarius is only 8 degrees, but I believe I have a little unpredictability.
July 31, 2020 at 15:36
(Libra) leorising » nutelina
I already knew there are famous Brazilian youtubers dealing with ufology. but I don´t get into that kind of knowledge. I just felt like this was real.
July 31, 2020 at 11:59
(Cancer) Merp
The only sports Merps know is crying , we have no arms. :24: :24:
July 31, 2020 at 10:27
(Aries) nutelina » Cancerman23
And we have our own Morena.Lu which does kickboxing.
July 31, 2020 at 09:55
(Aries) nutelina » leorising
You have a lot of UFO sightings in South America. Did you see anything interesting?
July 31, 2020 at 08:18
(Virgo) Ricardo22
Joe Calzaghe one of the greatest and most successful fighters. Sun in Aries, Moon Cancer, Mars in Taurus.
I have met him a couple of times, I use to box myself. Came very close to fighting him as an amateur. Unbelievable staying power, absolutely incredible. You couldn´t possibly know how strong he is unless you´ve been in the ring.
July 31, 2020 at 05:51
(Sagittarius) Chadjames » RohiniMoon
If the timeline is correct...

It´s a very fatalistic, scary post.

But, too many things are lining up.

I´ll write it and then read it.

I´ll decide then.

The shit is, literally, right around the corner.

Not good.
July 31, 2020 at 05:46
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » Chadjames
But my first house is already one packed mamma-jamma as it is...

Make a topic , I say! :27:
July 31, 2020 at 05:41
(Sagittarius) Chadjames » RohiniMoon
Personally, I think it best to have it that way.

As opposed to the other.

Gives trouble with eyesight.

Which I have.

Especially, lately, as all I do is stare at my phone and watch YouTube videos of Revelation Trials and Tribulations.

Which has me GREATLY concerned.

Perhaps, I should make a topic about it.

I´m still in the decision phase.
July 31, 2020 at 05:36
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » Chadjames
I have Antares in my first house. Yikes. :39:
July 31, 2020 at 05:23
(Sagittarius) Chadjames » Cancerman23
My ASC is 7sag20.

Opposite of your configuration.

Antares is "anti-aries."

I don´t go looking for fights , nor am I confrontational.

With Aldebaran on my DSC and retro Mars in my 8th (other people´s values) I get a lot of people thinking I need to go their way.

Funny.

I go my own way.

Perhaps, you are opposite of this.

Or, maybe not.
July 31, 2020 at 05:03
(Cancer) Cancerman23 » Chadjames
I dont know anything about the fixed stars, but I just did the Fixed stars natal calculator. I got Aldebaran in Gemini 1st house & Antares in sagittarius 7th. On my Ascendant & Descendant not too sure what that means
July 31, 2020 at 04:52
(Sagittarius) Chadjames » IIyyaarr13
"Something I have mentioned several times already I shall mention again! :32:
The close Aldebaran opposition to Antares; Red Giant :192: Red Giant! That makes ALL of us war-like!"

I agree with this 💯%.

I have these two giants on my ASC/DSC.

Yes, with my Mars Cancer retro, I navigate the world around me like a war zone.

Staying alert represents a percentage of the battle.

Interesting thread, as per usual.
July 31, 2020 at 03:49
(Aries) ram_goat » Cancerman23
I was surprised how free of aries many things are..

Positive Cancer qualities are a funny elusive thing, too..

So it is interesting to see when and where Cancer really shines at things.
There is an agressive side to Cancer too, but so many Cancer things show themselves in unusual ways. Descriptions for the sign, just as with AQ, make
Cancer hard to pin down. But just the same, there are places where you find
a lot of them as champions in whatever way, and that tells its own story.

Didn´t realize anderson silva was aries. I watched Amir Sadollah era UFC reality Tv and was surprised how badly all the Aries did.. seems the cappies really had the energy to win that time around. There was also some Brit guy that was aries..
they looked right, did ok at the start, but usually fell to someone more methodical and patient, midway through the season. Maybe mars is not the best planet to power the sun and does better placed in other planets.

July 31, 2020 at 03:38
(Cancer) Cancerman23 » ram_goat
Yea there are plenty of Cancer Suns in mma. Not sure if you know of these guys, but Jon Jones is considered to be the best LHW of all time & maybe best MMA fighter of all time. He´s a Cancer sun, Moon in Taurus, Mars in Leo. Israel Adesanya current middlweight champ he´s a Cancer sun, Pisces Moon, Mars in Leo. Funny thing is Israel was knocked out in kickboxing by another Cancer Alex Pereira, Pereira is a current kickboxing champ I believe? Then you have Conor McGregor Cancer Sun, Moon in Cancer, Mars in Aries he was the former double champion. I can name a ton of old great & upcoming Cancer Sun fighters in mma. Being able to adapt is one the most important abilities in fighting, so no surprise Cancers are overrepresented

Yea I was surprised there wasnt many great Aries fighters. Anderson Silva is probably the best Aries fighter of all time. He also has a moon in Taurus.
Arturo Gatti was a great Aries boxer, he wasnt "elite", but he put on some great fights. He had a granite chin & was very ferocious. He definitely had that Aries warrior spirit
July 31, 2020 at 03:11
(Cancer) Cancerman23 » Cancerman23
For example I remember playing football on this field with my friends. There was some girls near by so I wanted to show off. Instead of tackling my 220+ friend the regular way I ended up picking him in the air and kinda throwing him This took way more energy then a regular tackle especially since I was only 170lbs,Even I was surprised that I was able to do it. I instantly looked around to see if anybody was watching lol, but what can I say Mercury in Leo always wants to perform & entertain people. :5:
July 31, 2020 at 03:07
(Aries) ram_goat
For the water signs Cancer sun

Brock Lesnar.. Cancer too

I was watching some youtube amateur fights & one of the fighters was an Aries. This guy was super aggressive right off the bat every punch he threw he was looking to take your head off. He was already gassed out by the 2nd round lol.

I have noticed that in Aries MMA guys.. really not the best sign in the game, for
whatever reason. Very under represented at the highest levels of the game.
Maybe the sun just needs something else powering it to be a great fighter, and mars is a better power source elsewhere in the chart.

July 31, 2020 at 03:05
(Cancer) Cancerman23 » fishscales
I think too much patience is bad. If all your doing is looking for your opponent to make a mistake that will get you nowhere. Balance is key. Being patient in composed in the sense of not trying to force a knockout & instead letting it naturally happen. That best fighters know when to be aggressive & when to back off. Mayweather was very good at attacking & then getting out of harms way just in time, but even though Mayweather is probably the best boxer, what separates him from legends like Marvin Hagler, Ray Leonard, Julio Cesar Chavez is that Mayweather never took many risk. He was happy winning by decision.

I was watching some youtube amateur fights & one of the fighters was an Aries. This guy was super aggressive right off the bat every punch he threw he was looking to take your head off. He was already gassed out by the 2nd round lol. His aggressive style has worked before on lesser competition, but in this particular case his opponent was very durable. I also seen this fight recently where this coach told his sun in Scorpio Mars in Aries fighter to stop trying to force the knock out & to throw less heat in his punches. Basically he wanted him to focus on accuracy. The Mars in Aries fighter ended up winning by following his coaches advice.

Your Mercury definitely plays a part. Especially Mercury aspects to Mars. Also Mercury sun aspects like Venus said earlier. I have a Mercury in Leo whenever I do any type of sports competition I have a tendency to wanna show off & try to make people in awe. I have a moon in Virgo, so im humble about it... if that makes any sense :4:. I have a Mercury square Mars, I heard this placement is good for having fast reflexes, and making quick actions. Also for analyzing. Like a war General analyzing when & how he is going to attack an siege the enemies city ect..
July 31, 2020 at 01:22
(Pisces) fishscales » Cancerman23
I never boxed, but I did do some martial arts...honestly, I always found patience and caution to be some of my biggest weak points...

I think Mercury plays a big part here too... Fighting is as mental as it is physical and emotional..

My Mercury in Aries always made me rash...impatient... Eager for an outcome... It has its strengths too, but patience is not one of them... :61:
July 31, 2020 at 01:02
(Cancer) Cancerman23 » fishscales
Yea Mars in Taurus is very composed, and they are very good at keeping routine. They arent missing any days at the gym. Canelo is also a Mars in Taurus. Roy Jones is a sun in Capricorn, Mars in Scorpio he was probably the most physically gifted boxer & in my opinion the best boxer in his prime. He is also very brave & would take on anyone even moving up in weight. As he got older he started to lose some of his physical gifts & started to lose even got knocked out, but the guy still kept fighting. Even to this day he is still passionate about the sport.

I think every placement effects fighting style.
I would say mostly sun,moon,& Mars
Mayweather actually has a Mars in Aquarius. Mars in air signs are very detached. Even if their opponents smack talk them its not going to effect the mentality of a Mars in an air sign. A Mars in Cancer, Scorpio, or even Aries are more likely to let anger get to them depending on how disciplined they are. Mayweather a sun in Pisces was known for fighting very cautious, he was not known to take many risk. Very pisces like.
July 31, 2020 at 00:48
(Pisces) fishscales
"Fire signs tend to be athletic, brave, confident, but they have a tedency to be too reckless, aggressive & fight in a primitive way."

I know what you mean... But I think alot of earth signs fight in a very pedestrian, measured type of way...somewhat predictable...

Yet...

You look at Mohammed Ali with Mars in Taurus... You would think that would be a very traditional, kind of boring placement for a fighter, yet he was anything but... But if you really analyze his fighting style, it was very much Mars in Taurus... It was about endurance...how much he could take...and also in keeping with Mars in Taurus, there was always an energetic "explosion"...

I always look at Mars to help determine fighting style...

The best fighter I´ve ever known personally had Mars in Aquarius...creative and unpredictable...different...smart...Fast...very mentally oriented...

Good topic
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Aquarius Aquarius
Show calendar »