Water Grand Trine

July 30, 2020 at 04:09 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) Anikey
Water Grand Trine
I am interested to hear from anyone who has a Grand Trine in water signs - what do you feel was its influence in your life?

Or, if you have worked with people with such an aspect in their charts, please shed some light from experience.

I read about it, but want to know how it plays out for people in real life.

Thanks ever so much! :79:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
August 1, 2020 at 03:50
(Cancer) Anikey » fishscales
"... I don´t think it´s the most "buoyant" grand trine..." - sadly, it appears not to be and I was quite disappointed in the beginning, but reading what other seekeres wrote here, it gave me hope that it can actually be a beautiful blessing.

It very much depends on houses and planets involved, as you you said - and your combo is perhaps not the happiest :8: but intuition, seriousness and intensity can definitely be an asset in life! :17:
August 1, 2020 at 01:11
(Pisces) fishscales
I have a grand trine in water houses between arguably difficult planets in difficult houses...

Moon in the 4th, Saturn in the 8th, and Pluto in the 12th

It gives a certain intuition I guess... A certain seriousness and strange type of intensity too...one that others mostly can´t see... Overall, I often wonder what life would be like without it... I don´t think it´s the most "buoyant" grand trine...
July 30, 2020 at 17:14
(Cancer) Anikey » pneumadeux
That was beautifully said...I think I am definitely a lot more clear on this particular aspect now, to a point of wishing I had one :12: thank you! :74:
July 30, 2020 at 17:10
(Cancer) Anikey » dani_mae1
Wow, dani mae, he sounds like such a wonderful guy - these are beautiful qualities to have...it feels like they are extinct, especially with men, but here is hope! And hope that so much good can come out of a water trine :79:
July 30, 2020 at 15:55
(Gemini) pneumadeux » Anikey
Sun square Ascendant reflects a prickly, provocative energy between a person’s inner life and outer persona.

This isn’t a good thing or a bad thing, just an “is” thing.

If this person is all caught up in their own drama, that is, they confuse their eternal, immovable inner Awareness for the character they play (Ego) it can manifest as, “Aww, man… everyone is always harshing my groove,” or, “Why is the world always out to get me,” or “I think I should do X, but I feel I should do Y.”

However, if they recognize that Everything Is Completely Connected, and are at peace with how their Ego is but a refraction of the One Awareness, then they realize, without issue, that their outer persona will often rub others in a challenging way.

Now, overlay the grand trine we’ve been speaking of; this outer persona, as defined by the AC, has this GT in the spiritual gas tank… a triplicity of energy flowing in harmony so sweet, it barely vibrates. It’s the silence between their heartbeats.
July 30, 2020 at 15:47
(Taurus) dani_mae1
My hubs has a grand water trine. Pisces mercury/moon Scorpio Uranus and Cancer Rising

In every job he’s ever held, he’s been the nurturer. Even as a DC police officer, he would never arrest anyone for small amounts of weed (back before it was legal there), especially younger folks. He’d pull a thing from the movie Super Troopers and mess with them a little and make them destroy it (noooooo) and send them on their way. He always had an eerie intuition too. I wish he’d believe in it more because often it is spot on. Oh, he also has an affinity for cooking and is just naturally really good at it. Supportive, nurturing, kind in words and action, sensitive, intuitive—he is a disabled veteran and an educator with specialities in the autism spectrum.

I think his grand tribe definitely lends itself to these qualities
July 30, 2020 at 15:31
Gotcha! In this situation, there is a square between the Sun and the Ascendant, so the likelihood that the native would be unaware is greater, I assume?
July 30, 2020 at 15:08
(Gemini) pneumadeux » Anikey
I don´t think the AC has a greater influence on the trine, per se; a trine is a harmonious construction, and should be read as a whole.

However, what I would consider is the relationship between the AC and the Sun.

If the AC is "the mask you wear" and the Sun reveals your inner life, a Native with a GT including the AC could be especially unaware of the power exuded from that GT if the Sun is in a challenging relationship to it´s AC.

That was a rather convoluted sentence. :) I hope you´re following my reasoning.
July 30, 2020 at 14:57
Thanks so much for this :1:

I guess the suppleness is further accentuated by the water element and I am now thinking about how being or not being aware can make a difference.

The trine in question here is Jupiter in 21° Scorpio
Ascendant in 17° Cancer
Neptune in 15° Pisces

As the Ascendant itself is involved, would it exhibit a stronger influence?
July 30, 2020 at 14:42
(Gemini) pneumadeux
I have a water grand trine (Neptune-Scorpio-10th / Saturn-Pisces-2nd / Venus-Cancer-6th)

Trines indicate areas of energy that flow with such suppleness that the Native can be utterly blind to them. Now, make that blindness three-fold...

It indicates a kind of superpower that the Native is enveloped with, so much so that s/he assumes everyone is this way. It can provide for a lot of miscommunication and projection.

If, however, the Native IS aware of the ease with which these energies flow, they can put them to active use.

Water is emotional and intuitive, but it´s important to understand what emotions and intuitions are: reactions by the Ego to stimulus.

The Ego is not the same as Awareness. Some traditions refer to what I´m calling "Ego" as "the separate Self." Think Atman vs Brahman, if you´re familiar with those concepts.

I like to look to the nature of the Ascendant to see what is affected most by the combined energy of a grand trine; if the Sun is how the Native perceives internally, the AC is how their "character" reacts outwardly.

A grand trine can show us the drivers of the behavior of the AC.

In my case, my water grand trine demonstrates that I´m spiritually and emotionally sensitive to others, especially in mundane, day to day situations. I have no problem playing the "probing counselor" role in groups or workplace environments, or to see how individuals contribute to a whole.

My Ascendant is Aquarius, which is "humanity focused" and driven by novel approaches. My grand trine motivates me to be more sensitive to others emotions when trying to offer new solutions. Good thing, as Aquarius has a reputation for being cold or aloof when bringing their "new and better" ways of doing things. :)
July 30, 2020 at 12:45
(Cancer) Anikey » IIyyaarr13
I hope it´s not that many...apparently, it´s the not so grand of the trines, as generally water is seen as a "wet" blanket on all things grand...I think it´s/we are the most under-appreciated element :8:
July 30, 2020 at 08:51
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Supposedly we have a small army with :174:ascendant :193: :182:MC, however I personally believe that each sign has similar numbers of Mid-heaven :194: Ascendant crosses to bear!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Aquarius Aquarius
Show calendar »