Help me understand Harmonics charts?

July 24, 2020 at 19:01 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild
Help me understand Harmonics charts?
So, I started this line of questioning in another thread, but I´ve decided to continue here so as not to derail that thread.

I´m currently using the Harmonics chart calculator here on Astro-Seek, while using an article from astrologicalsociety.us as a guide.

I´m starting with the second harmonic, and this is what that article has to say:

"As indicating the Sun and Moon, the second harmonic or Hora chart shows the nature of the individual and power of the planets relative to solar and lunar, yang and yin, active and passive, male and female, individual and social, mental or emotional energies.

Masculine planets like the Sun, Mars and Jupiter are stronger in the Hora of the Sun. Those of feminine nature like the Moon, Venus and Saturn are stronger in the Hora of the Moon. Mutable Mercury is does well either way but which is better depends upon the planets whose influence it is under. Planets in the solar division tend to make the individual independent, active, energetic, assertive, willful, confident, self-reliant but in excess egoistic, selfish, harsh, unfeeling, manipulative or controlling. Planets in the lunar division tend to make the person sensitive, caring, nurturing, receptive, gentle but in excess can render them dependent, passive, unmotivated, overly emotional, sentimental or hypersensitive.

Solar division planets give more reliance on one´s inner power and give initiative. Lunar division planets give more reliance on social influences, family, the past. Not enough planets in solar divisions will make an individual unable to gain recognition for what they do. Not enough in lunar divisions will create a lack of understanding and taking undeserved recognition.

The Hora chart is often given a second house influence and thought to relate to wealth. When the ruler of the second is in its appropriate Hora it gives better results for all the affairs of the second house.

Hora means hour. As each sign governs two hours of the day, that being the time it takes to cross the ascendant, each hora governs about one hour."

So, how do I actually determine the "Solar division" and the "Lunar division"? Is it based on the positions of the Sun and Moon in the harmonics chart and/or natal chart? Is it based on the Ascendant in the harmonics chart? Because if so then I would (perhaps mistakenly) read that as the Hora of Mercury rather than the Sun or Moon; but this article seems to suggest that the second harmonic is based on the Sun and Moon?

This will likely be an ongoing thread as I attempt to delve deeper into this. Any help and advice I can get here will be much appreciated.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 25, 2020 at 17:07
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » SaturnineMoonchild
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Well, try to find out and less us know. :44: :1:
July 25, 2020 at 16:36
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild » MarvinReal
"There is extremely high doubt about these divisional charts, because birth time should be precise up to the seconds, and exact minute"

Well I have the exact minute, but not seconds.

"So at least one, better two or three professional astrologers, should do rectification with you"

Professionals like money, of which I have none to spare lol.

"Choice of ayanamsa"

I´m gonna have to research what that means, too.

"Feel free to check my topics about these charts and add your information, whatever you know."

Will do! At the moment, I know very very little.
For the purposes of this thread though, I´m still trying to figure out, what is the solar division and what is the lunar division?
July 25, 2020 at 14:27
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
There is extremely high doubt about these divisional charts, because birth time should be precise up to the seconds, and exact minute, otherwise it produces random harmonic numbers and random placements. So at least one, better two or three professional astrologers, should do rectification with you, if you can´t obtain it precisely by other ways. Choice of ayanamsa is another spurious point as it affects which harmonic number comes up and eventually a harmonic position.

However, even with imprecise time those charts looking exceptionally similar, just changing houses and sometimes even signs. However, overall picture remains very alike.

Feel free to check my topics about these charts and add your information, whatever you know. At the moment, it´s for playing purposes.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Capricorn Capricorn
Show calendar »