Astrocartography/relocation questions

July 21, 2020 at 18:41 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild
Astrocartography/relocation questions
So I´ve recently started looking into astrocartography, coinciding with a strong personal desire to relocate. The basics are easy enough to understand, but the fineries of the subject are beyond me at present.

Mostly I´m wondering about what could or should go into the decision-making process.
How does one determine what planetary energies would be most favorable for relocation?
Is it completely subjective? Say, for example, my motivation for relocating is to bring changes to myself and my life. Do I simply seek out Uranus and/or Pluto influences and hope for the best?
Or, are there clues in the natal chart as to what influences are most likely to be beneficial? Would planetary strength and weakness in the natal chart be a factor? For example, if I have a weak Mars in my natal chart -- would moving to a location with strong Mars influence serve to empower my own weak Mars, or would it be more likely to trigger the worst qualities of Mars? Along similar lines, if I have a strong Saturn in my chart, would a location with a strong Saturn influence bring additional strength to the qualities of my Saturn, or would stasis and complacency be the result?
Apologies if these questions show an immature understanding of the subject, but overall I´m just trying to figure out if there are ways to determine the "best" locations for me personally. It´s not like I can afford to pay for professional advice, so I´m trying to learn as much as I can.
Thanks in advance.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 22, 2020 at 21:28
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild
I´ve also been wondering about paran lines. I understand essentially what they *are*, but how much perceptible influence do those actually have, compared to the planetary and angular lines?
July 22, 2020 at 21:24
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild » Dharma212
Thanks!
What makes this process a bit more challenging for me is that what I would like to change/improve is... pretty much everything. xD
This is a long-term goal, however, so I´ll have plenty of time for introspection to figure out what improvements I really *need*.
In the short-term, I probably won´t be able to move very far from where I already live. But, ya know... never too soon to aspire.
July 22, 2020 at 21:10
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Dharma212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
You need to know exactly what is it about your life that you want to change, improve, achieve, emphasize, etc. Because depending on that, one then chooses a certain planet to "move around" the chart, and to place it on one of the angles.

Then, you choose a list of places based on "intuition" and those places you have "always wanted to visit or live at".

Then you determine in which of those places does the chosen planetary line runs through.

Then you erect a "Relocated chart" for each one of those places.

Then you analyze each chart as if it were a "birth chart". Place attention to any new/improved aspects to the angles, especially to that angle which you wanted to emphasize.

In a relocated chart, the only thing that changes - and that we want to change - is the Ascendant (and thus the houses) and the "ruler in houses" combinations - a very important thing.

And one of the main purpose of Astrocartography, is to place the "chosen planet" on one of the angles. Planets on the angles becomes very strong and influential.

So what we are looking for, is for an specific planet (which represents our "main goal") to be located on an specific Angle on an specific Ascendant.

But for this, one must "play" with the two at the same time: the Astrocartography map and the relocated charts. It takes a lot of time, but it is very fun to do!!
July 22, 2020 at 20:33
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild » SaturnsRule
I did try out astro.com, but I have no PC and that software is just NOT compatible with my phone.
The software here on astro-seek is more functional, but non-descriptive, and for some reason when I calculate my map on here, astro-seek decides that Venus doesn´t exist.

I unironically find the idea of living in Greenland pretty appealing.
July 22, 2020 at 19:59
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user SaturnsRule, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I also recently just started looking into astrocartography, so I´m really interested to see what kind of advise you get.

Did you take a look at your chart on astro.com? I find it´s much more detailed, and when you click on the lines, it gives you detailed information about what effect living in a specific area would have on you. Apparently it can also have a big effect if you are near the point where two lines cross, and on each line there is also a ´zenith´ which is the point on the line where you would feel its maximum effect. But I am also a noob and this is pretty much the extent of my knowledge.

To me it looks like for you, Greenland would be a pretty interesting place to live :75::
https://www.astro.com/cgi/…

Again, I´m completly new to this too, but the way I understood it is the place you decide to move to or visit, is dependant on what aspect of your life you want to affect, and in what way, i.e work, productivity, creativity, spirituality, relaxation, etc.

Looking at your map, you´re lucky in that you are spoilt for choices with places you could go to in the US.

Your Neptune AS line runs almost right through Los Angeles:

- Changes which you experience under the influence of this line, happen unobtrusively and almost unnoticeably. You feel relaxed and easy, and pleasantly removed from the ordinariness of everyday life. Encouraged by idealism, sympathy and the limitless belief in the power of good over evil, you are happy to entrust your life to a higher presence...´
July 21, 2020 at 21:57
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild » hh
That´s promising, thank you.
My lady friend and I actually talked about the possibility of eventually settling in a less populated region of California. So, whether as a single man or otherwise, that may be a good starting point.
Thanks again!
July 21, 2020 at 21:50
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » SaturnineMoonchild
System message: Post has been written by user hh, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
most of your lines run smoothly together i noticed, because of your multiple oppositions. lots of activity in the western part of the US so check out what opportunities might be lying over there.
July 21, 2020 at 21:27
That top-down approach you mentioned may turn out to be where I fumble, because I´m kind of starting from the opposite direction lol.

One of my strongest motivations is to get the hell out of the southeast U.S., but then that begs the question -- where to I go instead? Perhaps I really should look at locations themselves first, then bring astrology into it.

It´s a funny coincidence that you should mention couples and marriages in your post. A side-factor to my relocation investigation is that I´m currently "in talks" of getting back together with an ex, which would involve mutual relocation. The issue is that the most materially practical location is not very far from where each of us currently lives -- in other words, still in the godforsaken southeast. So I´m sort of looking through two lenses at once here: One focusing on myself and my goals as a single man, one focusing on goals to set in context of a relationship.

So, it´s a good thing I´m not in too big a hurry lol. I have a lot to consider.
July 21, 2020 at 21:14
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » SaturnineMoonchild
System message: Post has been written by user hh, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
yeah that video sounds familiar. i mean, natural benefics are natural benefics even if the dignity is not great, we gotta live with it regardless of where we reside. same with saturn, even if saturn is exalted or with good directional strength, its still saturn and there will be hard lessons along saturn lines regardless.

i personally use acg or perhaps astrology in general from a more top down approach, as i would look for a place i seem to be drawn to by reading about it or seeing pictures, and THEN use acg and other astrology such as transits as a confirmation or second opinion.
also remember, difficulty as in difficult aspects equals growth.

im still quite skeptical as acg is still new and needs more case studies like you mentioned with swayze above. ive actually backtested celebrities that have married foreigners or relocated to see if the planetary lines indicate anything significant for them or where there partners hail from, and the results have been hit and miss.
July 21, 2020 at 20:55
Thanks! Since posting I´ve also found a couple of video guides that have been pretty helpful.

In your opinion, which is a more important factor: planetary strength or ease of aspect?

In one of the videos I watched, the astrologer used Patrick Swayze´s natal chart as an example. She chose to start with Venus lines, because even though Venus wasn´t strong in his chart, it had only easy aspects.

So, in looking at my own natal chart as framing for this question:
Both traditional and modern methods tend to show the Moon as a dominant planet in my natal chart; however, it is afflicted by oppositions from Uranus, Neptune, and Saturn, and is part of a stellium to boot. Hypothetically, if I chose to emphasize the Moon for my relocation, would it be preferable to choose locations where the Moon maintains its strength by position, or to choose locations where the Moon might not be quite a strong, but has easier aspects?
July 21, 2020 at 19:55
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
yeah the planetary dignities and even the house placements and rulerships do matter when considering moving to a particular planetary line area. theres another part of astrocartography that involves a more micro perspective in terms of the state and city.

but i think your´e on the right path to making logical observations about the lines as it pertains to your chart and the benefits or lack that go with moving to them.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Capricorn Capricorn
Show calendar »