Do you relate to your Chinese zodiac?

July 18, 2020 at 09:54 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Anni23
Do you relate to your Chinese zodiac?
I´m not sure if I believe in it but I was wondering what other people´s thoughts were about their sign and maybe other people they know fitting their signs or not?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 23, 2020 at 19:25
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user themagi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yeah, from what little I read about it Tiger describes me really well.
July 23, 2020 at 16:10
(Sagittarius) Sus
No way
July 23, 2020 at 11:02
(Gemini) Francis064
I also really like the story behind how the Chinese signs were given the order in which they appear in because of the race the animals had. The bull came second because it helped the rat cross the river but the rat jumped off and crossed the finish line before the bull, the tiger came 3rd because it was a powerful swimmer, the rabbit 4th, the dragon came 5th because it decided to go bring rain to a village which was suffering from a drought, the snake wrapped itself around the horse´s leg and scared the horse once they reached the land which is why the snake is 6th and the horse 7th, the goat, monkey and rooster were terrible swimmers so they rode a log across the river and decided their order depending on who had helped the most so the goat came 8th, the monkey 9th and the rooster 10th, the dog played in the water for so long that he came second to last and the pig decided to eat and was to full to hurry across the river so he came last.

Funny enough the cat was supposed to be in the zodiac but since cats are heavy sleepers during the day it asked the rat to wake him up. Since the rat is the smartest of the signs and he knew the cat could have beat him he didn´t wake the cat so he didn´t participate. That´s why cats and rats/mice hate each other now.
July 23, 2020 at 10:46
(Leo) Anni23 » Francis064
Yes I would agree that this is important, also as I´m a water rooster but not as blunt or cocky as some of their key characteristics are described to be.
July 23, 2020 at 10:42
(Leo) Anni23 » ><(((º>
Ahh but maybe they were fire rabbits 😁😂
July 23, 2020 at 10:39
(Gemini) Francis064
They all have an element given to them depending on the year which influences the personality traits. A wood rooster won´t be the same as a water rooster and so on.
I´m a metal dragon which fits my seriousness, need for honesty and ambition. You can also calculate your month sign, day sign and hour sign and if I remember I´m metal dragon (year), fire horse(month), water rat (day) and water rat (hour).
July 23, 2020 at 10:01
(Taurus) Green Garden
There are many traits that are fitting.
it is interesting that my past relationships were with Snake, Rabbit, Tigers and Horses, almost all of them are compatible, according to chinese astrology, except of the Snake. My sign is Water Dog.
July 23, 2020 at 09:24
(Scorpio) Crowleys Disciple
I really never felt the Horse sign under the Chinese zodiac system fit my personality at all.
July 23, 2020 at 00:14
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » SaturnsRule
Good post, I like it.

I´m a goat, or a ram. But definitely not a sheep :61:

🐐

I can relate well to the descriptions I read and believe it is real just like western astrology. I had a serious affair with a rabbit once (120°) and have never had much luck with dogs (90°) and yes, you can kind of tell each year has general character traits. Both of my grandparents on my dads side were goats, 12 years apart. Kinda interesting
July 22, 2020 at 21:14
(Pisces) ><(((º>
The Chinese zodiac seems very interesting to me... I´ve been interested in it for a while, but some of the signs correspond to the character of many people I know...

I am a Rabbit... Not every rabbit I have met is a "gentle creature", but I admit that this statement is true for me and most of my peers :

"People born in the Year of the Rabbit want to live in peace and comfort and protect their peaceful life."

:74:

This is in 100% true :3:
July 22, 2020 at 20:45
(Scorpio) Angelina
Well yes.
I am rabbit, so it really relates to my appearance, manners and behaviour :)
July 22, 2020 at 18:57
(Taurus) dani_mae1
I begrudgingly relate to my Chinese sign. :61:
July 22, 2020 at 17:59
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user SaturnsRule, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
The Chinese zodiac is actually how I got into astrology, because it became undeniably real for me.

It started when I went back to university for my masters, and was studying with people who were a few years younger than me. Over the course of the year I started to notice that I was generally (but not always) having two types of interactions with people in my year:

If I felt strongly that I was having to work at making a converastion flow with someone, no matter how many times I met them, then the chances were that they were Horses. And if I perceived them as being particularly kind hearted and warm, then I knew they were Goats.

I then learnt that as a Rabbit, these interactions could be explained by the fact that I am three years apart from Horses (90 degrees, hard angle), and four years apart (120 degrees) from Goats, which is also one of my ´compatible´ signs.

I then started making comparisons with some family members. I have an aunt and uncle who are both Horses, and it has always been an effort for me to keep conversation flowing with them. And I also have a cousin who is a Goat, who I was inseparable with growing up, and who also has this same warm-hearted nature that I perceived in the university students.

I eventually ended up going down a rabbit hole (no pun intended :2:) of learning the distinguishing traits of each sign, and now many years later, it has gotten to the point where I actively try not to learn a persons sign because I don´t want to label them in my mind, I just want to take them as they are at face value. But if I spend enough time with someone on a regular basis, such as a work collegue, then with time those traits eventually pop up.

It is more extreme in some people than others. For example, I remember watching the netflix documentary on Bikram Choudhury (the bikram yoga guy) and noticing as he spoke how big is ego was, how much he cared about his appearance, and (unfortunately) how intellectual and bright minded he was... tick, tick, tick... "I bet he´s a Monkey". I checked my phone, and of course he was.

However, this is quite a broad generalisation, it will always be more pronounced in some than others, and there will always be people who buck the trend, which is why I got into astrology, to understand how each planet influences a person. But I´m finding it to be a completly different beast as there are so many more variable. I still haven´t had too much luck identifying people´s signs :2:

But I will always be amazed at how much time some people spend studying astrology, only to completly disregard the Chinese zodiac. It´s almost like thinking there is only the sun, and no moon. They both have an influence, metaphorically speakinggggg... youtu.be/pt1Muj_4rdM?t=5
YouTube
YouTube
July 19, 2020 at 03:34
(Sagittarius) Chiron the centaur » IIyyaarr13
The tropical zodiac is using the Sun calendar.

The Chinese zodiac is using the moon 🌙 Calendar.

The moon has you know are related to emotions, your mom, past life, etc. To me the Chinese is the unconscious it’s deep inside !!

12 sun signs - 12 Chinese or moon signs
Like Dragon becomes Aries ♈️ moon

Rabbit 🐇 becomes Pisces ♓️ moon

Tigers 🐅 becomes Aquarius ♒️ moon

Etc.

It’s two different systems but you can see some interesting similarities.you can combined them but you have to be careful because it’s only general, it’s not a birth chart and they also have differences.

Their is an astrologer who invent Primal Astrology

You should take a look. So let’s say you are Scorpio ♏️ so your sun ☀️ is in that sign and your Chinese is snake 🐍 so you have a moon in Taurus ♉️. It’s not always working perfectly but often!

He also take in consideration the elements like metal, wood, fire etc. And other particularities of the Chinese zodiac.

I’m not trying to convince anyone here but I’m testing that system for many years and I have good results.

Of course, it’s general but you can have a quick view on someone without having his birth chart In front of you.

To me it’s practical

Per example
Scorpio Sun Snake 🐍 In Chinese

With this system you have a new animal corresponding to this combination

2 first paragraph

Anglerfish (Scorpio, Snake)

Powerful, clever, and determined, those born under the sign of the Anglerfish are mysterious individuals who use their immense intellect to outwit others in the game of life. And to them, life is a game; a challenge to be won. Just like a professional poker player, they keep a straight face and keep others guessing about their next move. It can be very hard to know what an Anglerfish is thinking or feeling since they rarely ever talk about their inner fears or hesitations.

Like their animal namesake, Anglerfish harness much more power than meets the eye. The size or strength of their opponent matters little, especially since members of this sign are experts in manipulation and use their intelligence to outwit their opponents at every turn. Like the animal, those born under the sign of the Anglerfish like to use their cunning to draw others to them, rather than chasing after anyone or anything.

At least I’ve entertained you guys 😎🤟
July 19, 2020 at 03:01
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The Magi Society Magi Astrologer´s claim their form of Astrology originated in China, which is interesting because #1 They chose to copywright most of it & #2 it is obviously a child of Western Astrology!
:156: takes close to a year in each sign which endears the obsessive maniacal number one! So Rabbits have same :156: whether twelve years older than me or twelve years younger than me!
July 18, 2020 at 21:34
(Gemini) ali11
I do believe in Chinese signs even tho I don´t know as much about it as I do about western astrology. I´m a horse/capricorn and being a horse makes so much sense as to why I´m such an outgoing,fun capricorn. One of my cousins is a horse, we´re almost 12 years apart, and it´s crazy how similar we are. Both of my grandparents couples are 12 years apart, meaning they have the same chinese signs, that´s just crazy if you ask me, and I´m 100% sure this helped a lot in their compatibility. Last but not least, just take a look back at the different classes in your school. I know that my teachers would always complain about how wild and unmanageable my classmates and I were (the 1990 horses), whereas when I think about the 1988 class(Dragons) they were more driven, intense and had something really special going on.
July 18, 2020 at 18:01
(Aries) ram_goat
More or less, yes. But Chinese is a different world, not very compatible with Western. But for general personality traits it can be interesting. I can spot Pig people and Horse pretty easily. There are some patterns to it. But I can only make so much sense out of it before you go off the deep end into concepts that are deeply tied to chinese language, they become hard to translate and understand without understanding chinese.
July 18, 2020 at 16:21
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul
I don´t know if Chinese zodiac works , but I only know my Chinese sign is snake. My sign Scorpio and one if its symbol is snake. My native American zodiac is again snake. My moon is aahlesha nakshatra in vedic astrology and it is related to snakes. Snakes are bad reputation in many culture , it represents wisdom but at the same time deceit , lying , manipulation and so on. I have many snake signs with different zodiacs but I have no such qualities. Maybe in my last life I was a snake who knows :1:
July 18, 2020 at 10:24
(Cancer) Anikey
Not really, I just love the fact that I´m a Jorse, as I think they are magnificent animals :1:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »