Introduction of Ophiuchus and what does it mean?

July 15, 2020 at 11:40 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Sarriseve48
Introduction of Ophiuchus and what does it mean?
Hey guys, so now Ophiuchus is being introduced into the astrology world more publicly, can anyone help me with some insights on this?? What does it change? Does this mean all birthcharts of eternity now include this zodiac or is it only going forward? So much confusion ://

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 14, 2021 at 04:24
(Aquarius) Tightrope-dancer » Psyle
That´s why 12 is masculine. 12 is an ideal number, dividable by 2, 3, 4, 6 and 12 of course. 12 is the number of the head, symmetrical as hell. 13 is everything 12 is not: it´s a prime number. It´s a number of feeling.
September 13, 2021 at 20:32
(Capricorn) Emanuel » Psyle
Numbers 3, and 12 are quite common in mythology. In christianity 3 - The Holy Trinity, 12-the 12 tribes of Israel, the 12 apostles of Jesus.

Interesting article about that here.

https://ancientinsights.wordpress.com/…
September 13, 2021 at 18:12
(Leo) soulll
No eff that sign
September 13, 2021 at 18:07
(Sagittarius) Psyle » Tightrope-dancer
In truth there are countless archetypes within Noûs aka divine mind, the collective unconscious.

But most of these archetypes, like Ophiuchus, the Galactic Center, Polaris or even white dwarfs, are non-zodiacal : they belong to the "8th sphere" (beyond Saturn the 7th sphere) in the realm of the fixed stars. These constellations and other cosmic objects are part of the galactic plane (Suva Loka) which is not the level of the solar system (Bhuva Loka). The tropical system with 12 signs is mainly concerned with the wheel of fate (Saturn´s sphere and the solar system) plus the galactic ambassadors (transaturnian planets, shadow planets) but not the transcendent galactic plane itself.

In that context 12 is a universal number because it brings 3 modalities times 4 elements. In modern physics there are only 4 classical states of matter, plus exotic ones which fit in the 5th element (ether). There are also four seasons. In sacred geometry 12 yields many interesting harmonics : 360/1 ; 360/2 ; 360/3 ... 360/12 which bring about the regular polygons and the well known astrological aspects.

While 13 doesn´t yield much geometry. In Tarot 13 is the death arcana because after completing the cycle of 12 houses you get reborn in the 13th = 1st house. There are 13 full moons in a year ? A tropical year is approximately 365.2422 days long and a synodic month is approximately 29.5306 days long, so a tropical year is approximately 365.2422 / 29.5306 ≈ 12.36826 months long. That´s closer to 12. We can turn to a lunisolar calendar to ajust this value. The metonic cycle shows that 19 solar years contains 235 lunar months with a great accuracy. And the 19th tarot arcana is the Sun. The tropical zodiac is therefore a 12-fold division of the Sun (ecliptic), not 13 unequal constellations.
September 13, 2021 at 16:26
(Aquarius) Tightrope-dancer » Emanuel
I read "it´s irrelevant".

I do not read why it is... :9:
September 13, 2021 at 14:55
(Capricorn) Emanuel
Nothing spectacular.

Read more about this here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/…

http://horoscopicastrologyblog.com/…
September 13, 2021 at 14:36
(Aquarius) Tightrope-dancer » Psyle
There are plenty more archetypes than 12. And there are 13 constellations on the ecliptica.

I understand the need to limit the archetypical designation, because dividing the sky in 500 signs is not workable. This limitation into 12 is man (and in English that´s both in de meanings of "human" and "not feminine") made.

There can be an empirical conclusion 12 signs is not too bad, because it works "mainly". That´s not strange, 12/13= 92%, which is a grade I could only hope for as a student.
September 13, 2021 at 14:14
(Sagittarius) Psyle » Tightrope-dancer
The sidereal perspective (with its constellations) is only useful for the study of lunar mansions (manzil, nakshatras) and fixed stars. Yes nakshatras and constellations do have a tangible effect.

But this should not be confused with the 12 tropical signs of the zodiac which also have a very strong empirical effect. The tropical manifestation of the 12 sun signs is not man made. It´s a universal archetype which became embodied on this planet.
September 13, 2021 at 13:38
(Aquarius) Tightrope-dancer » IIyyaarr13
It´s not sent from the infinite divine, it´s man made. A complete constellation ignored because of a dogma. Like I wrote somewhere else, the urge to divide things into 12, especially a year, is a remnant of a patriarchal view on the world. A division into 13 is more matriarchal. Not only this comes with a moon cycle (we have 13 full moons in a year), it´s also in line with the menstrual cycle of the woman. It´s no surprise the Babylonian culture was a relatively new patriarchal society. So to me "it´s just delivered to us that way" is no argument since this probably had a meaning and that was to deny the value of the feminine in society. And I say this as a man, not some lost feminist.

http://siderealist.com/proof.html
July 16, 2020 at 16:05
(Taurus) Sarriseve48 » IIyyaarr13
Ahh okay, I really like the way you wrote that - thank you!!
July 15, 2020 at 23:36
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The twelve sign zodiac is like the Tarot; It is sent from the infinite divine, if you are going to have a thirteenth sign you might as well have every piece of cat gravel orbitting between :155: & :156: in your chart!
A kitty litter pageant!
July 15, 2020 at 20:33
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Sarriseve48
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Cool, cool.

If you are so enticed...

That part of the sky is a portal.

It would be prudent to research it for insight to yourself or others whom have placements in that area.

Those individual planets would act as doors from above to below.

I must say Ophiuchus is a powerful place.
July 15, 2020 at 19:45
(Taurus) Sarriseve48 » Chadjames
Ahh okay this makes sense, I knew this zodiac was ‘introduced’ in the 70s from what I read but it made no sense to me why this has become popular all of a sudden.

Centaur, nice touch, would personally have to agree with you there.

Thanks for the input!
July 15, 2020 at 17:51
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Every other year occurrence.

NASA keeps trying to shove it down our throats.

19 degrees of the sky??

Who wants that??

Can´t remember where... but there´s topics of this portion of the heavens being a "gate" of a sort.

Personally, I´d like a centaur there, thank you very much.

:99:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Full Moon in Pisces Pisces
Show calendar »